Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850292 times)
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:21:27 AM

I'm interested in using Minera with a sidehack stick. To do that, I want to use the latest version of bfgminer.

The current version installed with Minera 0.6.1 is:

bfgminer 5.1.0-36-g8b5d36b

The version needed for the stick is 5.3.0 (I believe). So I tried rebuilding using the script:

./build_miner.sh bfgminer

I had assumed that this would build the latest. But instead it builds an older version:

bfgminer 4.8.0-34-g9c71295

Ideally the script would build the latest. I guess I can manually build in the meantime. Or maybe I can download the Pi binary directly.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 09:04:56 AM

I'm interested in using Minera with a sidehack stick. To do that, I want to use the latest version of bfgminer.

The version needed for the stick is 5.3.0 (I believe). So I tried rebuilding using the script:

I had assumed that this would build the latest. But instead it builds an older version:

Ideally the script would build the latest. I guess I can manually build in the meantime. Or maybe I can download the Pi binary directly.

You are running the system bfgminer instead the Minera one. bfgminer is in the $PATH so if you run
Code:
bfgminer
you get the wrong one.

The right one, that Minera uses (and you have just built/update) is in /var/www/minera/minera-bin/bfgminer and you should run it as
Code:
/var/www/minera/minera-bin/bfgminer

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:33:06 PM

You are running the system bfgminer instead the Minera one. bfgminer is in the $PATH so if you run
Code:
bfgminer
you get the wrong one.

The right one, that Minera uses (and you have just built/update) is in /var/www/minera/minera-bin/bfgminer and you should run it as
Code:

Thanks for getting back to me, but that is not the case. I specifically ran the correct Minera copy of bfgminer to get the version number. I just didn't mention that in my original post. I'm pretty familiar with the guts of Minera after manually installing it on a few existing Raspberry Pi images. Although with this problem I started with a stock Minera image.

Here's the output again, from the bfgminer in the installed Minera location:

Code:
/var/www/minera/minera-bin/bfgminer --version

The date of the bfgminer binary in that location is yesterday's date, indicating that the wrong version was built.

Just to be clear, I started with a clean Minera Pi image 0.6.1 copied onto my SD card. Then I built bfgminer using the Minera script (i.e. "build_miner.sh bfgminer"). The result was the wrong version of bfgminer was built instead of the latest.

In case it's relevant, my first attempt to run the build script failed. My second attempt worked.

The error I saw when first attempting to build seemed to be related to an inability to access a git repository:

Code:
minera@moria /var/www/minera $ ./build_miner.sh bfgminer
bfgminer
Pulling repo https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git
Fetching origin
remote: Counting objects: 91, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (23/23), done.
remote: Total 91 (delta 48), reused 41 (delta 39), pack-reused 28
Unpacking objects: 100% (91/91), done.
From https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer
   8b5d36b..484db74  bfgminer   -> origin/bfgminer
   b0eab00..e1773c1  bfgminer-3.10.x -> origin/bfgminer-3.10.x
   efe1104..862035f  bfgminer-4.10.x -> origin/bfgminer-4.10.x
 * [new tag]         bfgminer-3.10.10 -> bfgminer-3.10.10
 * [new tag]         bfgminer-4.10.3 -> bfgminer-4.10.3
 * [new tag]         bfgminer-5.2.0 -> bfgminer-5.2.0
Fetching submodule libbase58
remote: Counting objects: 14, done.
remote: Total 14 (delta 7), reused 7 (delta 7), pack-reused 7
Unpacking objects: 100% (14/14), done.
From https://github.com/luke-jr/libbase58
   b6adca8..16c2527  master     -> origin/master
 * [new tag]         v0.1.4     -> v0.1.4
Fetching submodule libblkmaker
fatal: unable to connect to gitorious.org:
gitorious.org[0: 109.107.38.78]: errno=Connection refused
gitorious.org[1: 2a02:c0:1014::1]: errno=Address family not supported by protocol

error: Could not fetch origin

I figured that this was just a temporary connectivity error since it worked the second time. I mention this here in case it's relevant.

Maybe I should try a git reset to clean up the local repository?

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 02:08:30 PM

Code:
bfgminer
you get the wrong one.

Code:

Thanks for getting back to me, but that is not the case. I specifically ran the correct Minera copy of bfgminer to get the version number. I just didn't mention that in my original post. I'm pretty familiar with the guts of Minera after manually installing it on a few existing Raspberry Pi images. Although with this problem I started with a stock Minera image.

Here's the output again, from the bfgminer in the installed Minera location:

Code:
/var/www/minera/minera-bin/bfgminer --version

The date of the bfgminer binary in that location is yesterday's date, indicating that the wrong version was built.

Just to be clear, I started with a clean Minera Pi image 0.6.1 copied onto my SD card. Then I built bfgminer using the Minera script (i.e. "build_miner.sh bfgminer"). The result was the wrong version of bfgminer was built instead of the latest.

In case it's relevant, my first attempt to run the build script failed. My second attempt worked.

The error I saw when first attempting to build seemed to be related to an inability to access a git repository:

Code:
minera@moria /var/www/minera $ ./build_miner.sh bfgminer
bfgminer
Pulling repo https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git
Fetching origin
remote: Counting objects: 91, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (23/23), done.
remote: Total 91 (delta 48), reused 41 (delta 39), pack-reused 28
Unpacking objects: 100% (91/91), done.
   8b5d36b..484db74  bfgminer   -> origin/bfgminer
   b0eab00..e1773c1  bfgminer-3.10.x -> origin/bfgminer-3.10.x
   efe1104..862035f  bfgminer-4.10.x -> origin/bfgminer-4.10.x
 * [new tag]         bfgminer-3.10.10 -> bfgminer-3.10.10
 * [new tag]         bfgminer-4.10.3 -> bfgminer-4.10.3
 * [new tag]         bfgminer-5.2.0 -> bfgminer-5.2.0
Fetching submodule libbase58
remote: Counting objects: 14, done.
remote: Total 14 (delta 7), reused 7 (delta 7), pack-reused 7
Unpacking objects: 100% (14/14), done.
From https://github.com/luke-jr/libbase58
   b6adca8..16c2527  master     -> origin/master
 * [new tag]         v0.1.4     -> v0.1.4
Fetching submodule libblkmaker
fatal: unable to connect to gitorious.org:
gitorious.org[0: 109.107.38.78]: errno=Connection refused
gitorious.org[1: 2a02:c0:1014::1]: errno=Address family not supported by protocol

error: Could not fetch origin

I figured that this was just a temporary connectivity error since it worked the second time. I mention this here in case it's relevant.

Maybe I should try a git reset to clean up the local repository?

Oh well it seems you have something old it's still trying to connect to this https://gitorious.org/bitcoin/libblkmaker/ but it's moved.

Yes please try to delete the directory /var/www/minera/minera-bin/src/libblkmaker/ and run the builder again

edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:31:32 PM

Oh well it seems you have something old it's still trying to connect to this https://gitorious.org/bitcoin/libblkmaker/ but it's moved.

Yes please try to delete the directory /var/www/minera/minera-bin/src/libblkmaker/ and run the builder again

Thanks for your continued support. Minera is a great product that just keeps getting better!

I ended up doing a clean check out and build bfgminer, then manually installed it where Minera expects it. Unfortunately the version number is still wrong at 5.2.0.

This is clearly not a Minera issue, so I posted on the bfgminer thread. Apparently this is a known problem.

In the end, I switched to using the Gekko version of cgminer and I've brought that in as a Custom miner. Works great with my new sidehack sticks.

vicorreia

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:05:07 PM

michelem great program hello .... I tell you I have a large and complicated project hehe I have a raspberry pi with hdmi output.
Minera carge what they recommended the raspberry and I would like to handle the miners well from there but is very slow on the web and each time the miners softens me when I want to look as if you were refreshing ...
I would also like to ask if you can set up your software to restart the miners when hash detect very low or very high temperature or turn off the mine ... I have antminer s5 and s4 and s7 and send soon to make an Arduino with X amount of relay to electrically turn off the miner if frozen (and me past) managed by usb I think that function could be scheduled in the future with Minera?
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 08:59:18 PM

can we do an update to include new BFG miner 5.3.0
mindtrip
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 09:19:52 PM

And support for new raspberry pi 2 if possible
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 06:20:02 AM

Minera supports Raspberry 2 since its birth. Just upgrade your system as stated here: https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Upgrade-your-Minera-system-packages

For any miner built-in just run the builder to update it (it seems Bfgminer 5.3 has some issue check its relative forum thread): https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Local-miners

Code:
cd /var/www/minera

@vicorreia Minera can't handle start/stop of network miners like Antminers.

tolazy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:08:30 AM

Hi.

i've search here and google but cant find anything.

so. i wonder whats wrong when i cant add any pools under Local Pools
it worked under Settings\Pools

and if i set manual start and add all info in the manual options it starts
and then i can add local pools but they dont stay there if i stop the miner.
edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 04:16:32 PM

I'm seeing some oddities with pool balancing. My interest is to split hash rate between two user addresses on the same pool.

I know it's sounds like an odd use case, but it is real world. I've got two Compac sticks pointed at CK's solo pool. The effect I'm looking for is to have one stick in a "club" (a collective solo mining effort) and the other solo mining on its own.

I was able to get this to work by passing the --balance option under "Manual options". But the information displayed by the widgets on the desktop is a bit funky.

I've seen two different display behaviors. In one case, Minera shows both pools as active under "Local Pool details". While this is correct, Minera incorrectly reports the full hash rate of the hardware for both pools (effectively double the actual capacity of the hardware). I suspect this is because both pools have the same URL, but with different users. Maybe this is confusing Minera's display code.

The second display behavior that I've seen is that it shows one pool as the primary and the second pool as a failover. This is not correct since the miner is in balance mode, not failover mode. Also, the primary pool shows all of the hash rate and the secondary shows zero hash rate, rather than an accurate split between the two pools.

The widget display seems to flip flop between the two above anomalous display patterns on its own. Sometimes I check and it's the first behavior. Later I check and it's the second. It can't seem to make up its mind.

I've verified that the poolside numbers are accurate. That is, there's a pretty even split of hash rate between the two user addresses on the same pool. So the mining software itself is working as expected. It's just the Minera display of the statistics that's strange.

It would be nice if Minera directly supported the balance option and displayed what was happening on the pools accurately.

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:38:55 AM

I'm seeing some oddities with pool balancing. My interest is to split hash rate between two user addresses on the same pool.

I know it's sounds like an odd use case, but it is real world. I've got two Compac sticks pointed at CK's solo pool. The effect I'm looking for is to have one stick in a "club" (a collective solo mining effort) and the other solo mining on its own.

I was able to get this to work by passing the --balance option under "Manual options". But the information displayed by the widgets on the desktop is a bit funky.

I've seen two different display behaviors. In one case, Minera shows both pools as active under "Local Pool details". While this is correct, Minera incorrectly reports the full hash rate of the hardware for both pools (effectively double the actual capacity of the hardware). I suspect this is because both pools have the same URL, but with different users. Maybe this is confusing Minera's display code.

The second display behavior that I've seen is that it shows one pool as the primary and the second pool as a failover. This is not correct since the miner is in balance mode, not failover mode. Also, the primary pool shows all of the hash rate and the secondary shows zero hash rate, rather than an accurate split between the two pools.

The widget display seems to flip flop between the two above anomalous display patterns on its own. Sometimes I check and it's the first behavior. Later I check and it's the second. It can't seem to make up its mind.

I've verified that the poolside numbers are accurate. That is, there's a pretty even split of hash rate between the two user addresses on the same pool. So the mining software itself is working as expected. It's just the Minera display of the statistics that's strange.

It would be nice if Minera directly supported the balance option and displayed what was happening on the pools accurately.

I think I know why this happens and of course it's related to the balance option I never tested with Minera stats.
Please can you tell me the exact "Manual options" you are using?
Thanks

mindtrip
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 12:31:02 PM

Minera supports Raspberry 2 since its birth. Just upgrade your system as stated here: https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Upgrade-your-Minera-system-packages

For any miner built-in just run the builder to update it (it seems Bfgminer 5.3 has some issue check its relative forum thread): https://github.com/michelem09/minera/wiki/Local-miners

Code:
cd /var/www/minera

@vicorreia Minera can't handle start/stop of network miners like Antminers.

very cool thank you i just got a Pi 2 and some sidehack sticks I will give it a test drive Smiley
edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:25:21 PM

I think I know why this happens and of course it's related to the balance option I never tested with Minera stats.

Thanks for getting back to me. Here's the options I'm using:

Code:
--compac-freq 150 --balance

Note that the frequency option is for the Compac stick. I'm also using cgminer-gekko as a custom miner. As you and I have talked about previously, this is just cgminer with Novak's changes for the stick.

mindtrip
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 05:38:32 PM

Thanks for getting back to me. Here's the options I'm using:

Code:
--compac-freq 150 --balance

Note that the frequency option is for the Compac stick. I'm also using cgminer-gekko as a custom miner. As you and I have talked about previously, this is just cgminer with Novak's changes for the stick.

edonkey I got your build working on my Pi 2 with the compacs is there anyway to run old U2 Miners and compacs together? when I had them in the same hub the cgminer just ignored the U2's Id like to keep my whole USB hub filled all running on one pi2 if possible if not I can always setup a second one
edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:57:57 AM

edonkey I got your build working on my Pi 2 with the compacs is there anyway to run old U2 Miners and compacs together? when I had them in the same hub the cgminer just ignored the U2's Id like to keep my whole USB hub filled all running on one pi2 if possible if not I can always setup a second one

Sorry that I didn't see this before. I replied in the Compac support thread.

But for other people reading this, there's some build problems compiling compac-gekko for both U2s and Compacs. Novak is going to release updated sources after testing.

When that happens, I'll rebuild compact-gekko for the Pi. Since it's clear that people are interested in using the Compacs with other mining hardware, I plan to enable the same hardware that the Minera build script does today. This way the new cgminer-gekko should support all the same miners that the current Minera supports, plus Compac sticks.

I probably should have done that in the first place, but I originally I was just building this for support of my sticks. I didn't know at that time that people would be interested in the mod.

FYI, here's the supported list that I dug out of the build script:

CGMINER_CONFIG="--enable-avalon2 --enable-bflsc --enable-bitforce --enable-bitfury --enable-drillbit --enable-hashfast --enable-icarus --enable-klondike --enable-modminer"

Once all of this is done (which is contingent on access to the fixed sources), I'll make the updated raw cgminer-gekko binary available for people to test with. Installing an updated cgminer-gekko to the existing Minera gekko mod is really easy.

Once there's some feedback that this updated version works, I'll re-image and post the updated Minera compact-gekko mod. I don't want to post an untested image because there's a fair amount of effort that goes into re-imaging and posting, given that it's 2 GB compressed. I'd rather post one time than many times.

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:52:41 AM

hello sir about the minera. how much the power consumption used per day?i just want to know if minera is good to our country. and i will buy if the minera consumption is low than ant miner?
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:37:35 PM

forv those intrsted i have BFG 5.3 running in minera replacing BFG and not using the custom folder..

till it is fixed you have to compile it from the Zip file, i also did a manual install of minera from a fresh install, so you may need to change some paths or use the over write commands if you use the pre installed image.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get -y install git-core build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev uthash-dev libncursesw5-dev libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libevent-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libc-bin

cd
sudo wget http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/5.3.0/bfgminer-5.3.0.zip
sudo unzip bfgminer-5.3.0.zip
sudo rm -r bfgminer-5.3.0.zip
sudo mv /home/pi/bfgminer-5.3.0 /home/pi/bfgminer

cd /home/pi/bfgminer

sudo chmod +x ./configure  
sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" --enable-scrypt --enable-broad-udevrules

sudo make

sudo ldconfig
lsusb

./bfgminer --version

This should copy it to minera as bfg 5.3

cd /home/pi/bfgminer
sudo cp bfgminer /var/www/minera/minera-bin/bfgminer

./bfgminer --version

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
mindtrip
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 04:53:31 PM

But for other people reading this, there's some build problems compiling compac-gekko for both U2s and Compacs. Novak is going to release updated sources after testing.

When that happens, I'll rebuild compact-gekko for the Pi. Since it's clear that people are interested in using the Compacs with other mining hardware, I plan to enable the same hardware that the Minera build script does today. This way the new cgminer-gekko should support all the same miners that the current Minera supports, plus Compac sticks.

I probably should have done that in the first place, but I originally I was just building this for support of my sticks. I didn't know at that time that people would be interested in the mod.

CGMINER_CONFIG="--enable-avalon2 --enable-bflsc --enable-bitforce --enable-bitfury --enable-drillbit --enable-hashfast --enable-icarus --enable-klondike --enable-modminer"

Once all of this is done (which is contingent on access to the fixed sources), I'll make the updated raw cgminer-gekko binary available for people to test with. Installing an updated cgminer-gekko to the existing Minera gekko mod is really easy.

Once there's some feedback that this updated version works, I'll re-image and post the updated Minera compact-gekko mod. I don't want to post an untested image because there's a fair amount of effort that goes into re-imaging and posting, given that it's 2 GB compressed. I'd rather post one time than many times.

Thank you for the update if you interested in a beta tester let me know I have a few minera pi's setup running compacs now that I can test with some U2 miners once you have the new compiled version to test
edonkey
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:57:59 PM

Thank you for the update if you interested in a beta tester let me know I have a few minera pi's setup running compacs now that I can test with some U2 miners once you have the new compiled version to test

Unfortunately I'm waiting for the update from Novak. I posted on the Gekko support thread asking for status but didn't get a reply.

Once the sources have been updated to support both the Compac and U2s, I'll do the rebuild and repost.

Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: