Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850312 times)
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 02:40:17 PM

Just started having a problem about a week ago.

I have 2 gridseed blades running on a raspberry pi and 3 more gridseed blades running on a separate raspberry pi.

Both where running the minera software flawlessly for months.

Then it looked like the screen was reloading and didnt stop.
I can see the miner up time widget keeps spinning
I can barely read thru the screen to check my miners.

I then updated the software to minera 0.6.2 on both raspberry pi's.

Same problem...

Can someone help me out or did I miss this somewhere in the thread?

You should look at the logs. What miner software do you use? Can you see the miner screen (screen -r)?

I am running CPUminer(gc3355 fork) . Yes I can see the screen, but it is hazed over because it is trying to load info on the page. Where would the log file be? I am a windows user and have limited knowledge of linux.

The miner log is in the dashboard on the bottom.

The miners are hashing fine. Just a messed up screen on both raspberry pi's.

What browser are you using? Can you take a screenshot of the web developer console when you are in the dashboard?

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
dukester99

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:04:12 PM

http://businessvillage.com/mconsole.gif
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 04:09:45 PM

Yes that thanks! Do you have profitability panel enabled? Try to disable it (from settings page).

dukester99

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:16:20 PM

Yes that thanks! Do you have profitability panel enabled? Try to disable it (from settings page).

That was it thanks!

Now I remember the profitability panel stopped working a few months ago.
Thought it was a nice feature. Do you know why it is not working now?
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 04:25:18 PM

That was it thanks!

Yes I know, unfortunately Cryptsy https://www.cryptsy.com/ closed down as you probably know and I was getting market data from there so that was the issue.

Now I changed at my side the way to calculate profit (I get data from blockr.io now, hope it doesn't close...) but I made a mistake I just fixed (I think).

Can you try to re-enable the profitability panel?

Unfortunately the new way hasn't a lot of coins so I've chosen to display only BTC, LTC and MEC (If I remember well).

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:25:25 PM

That was it thanks!

Yes I know, unfortunately Cryptsy https://www.cryptsy.com/ closed down as you probably know and I was getting market data from there so that was the issue.

Now I changed at my side the way to calculate profit (I get data from blockr.io now, hope it doesn't close...) but I made a mistake I just fixed (I think).

Can you try to re-enable the profitability panel?

Unfortunately the new way hasn't a lot of coins so I've chosen to display only BTC, LTC and MEC (If I remember well).

This one isn't to bad if it's helps any  

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/

seems pretty stable.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jim_shorts

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:18:35 PM

I bought a miner from eBay and I am struggling to get it to work on the Raspberry Pi 2. It appears under CPUMiner, but the hash is always 0. Any other configuration doesn't get detected.

Has anyone tried this miner before? It's from lketc.com and the specs are:

Brand :   YuDianHuiXin
Model :   Litecoin Miner 8G
Type :   USB Block Erupter
Processing Speed (GH/s) :   144K/S-280K/S
Power Use (W) :   5
Compatible Currency :   Litecoin
Brand :   Unbranded
MPN :   Does not apply
UPC/EAN/ISBN :   Does not apply

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
cavaliersrus

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:39:30 PM

if i remember correctly on the setup menu for the miner software you have to enable scrypt.

you might have to click on manual and not guided to see this

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:47:20 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 06:49:16 PM by toptek

if i remember correctly on the setup menu for the miner software you have to enable scrypt.

it's under guided , manual only has two setting logs and Append JSON conf
and below that a place to put  miner settings,

I bought a miner from eBay and I am struggling to get it to work on the Raspberry Pi 2. It appears under CPUMiner, but the hash is always 0. Any other configuration doesn't get detected.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
Ask the seller what setting to use they seem really nice if you bought it off the Russian guy his store or name is called  mastersss

or

You can try this : under Local Miner Settings

also turn on:

Miner superuser (root) it does :
Enable superuser mode (If your devices cannot get recognised please try enabling this option. The miner process will start with superuser/root rights, useful for some kind of devices.)

Make sure the pool you use is a script pool or it won't hash you will get tons of rejects mining with a miner on the wrong algorithm .

Best I can offer, i did think about buying some broads off that guy on eBay and build a 500 MH farm but at this point that would be a waste he came a long to late.
Ive never used a USB Block Erupter.

jim_shorts

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:54:08 AM

Awesome, thank you very much for the detailed instructions with screenshot. I tried the configuration, but the device still doesn't show up. I'm not sure if it really makes a difference or not, but the pool I'm registered with is:  ltc.ghash.io

http://imgur.com/CgEPqg7

Maybe it's just not meant to be.

it's under guided , manual only has two setting logs and Append JSON conf
and below that a place to put  miner settings,

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
Ask the seller what setting to use they seem really nice if you bought it off the Russian guy his store or name is called  mastersss

or

You can try this : under Local Miner Settings

https://i.imgur.com/mWWbRBJ.png

also turn on:

Miner superuser (root) it does :
Enable superuser mode (If your devices cannot get recognised please try enabling this option. The miner process will start with superuser/root rights, useful for some kind of devices.)

Make sure the pool you use is a script pool or it won't hash you will get tons of rejects mining with a miner on the wrong algorithm .

Best I can offer, i did think about buying some broads off that guy on eBay and build a 500 MH farm but at this point that would be a waste he came a long to late.
Ive never used a USB Block Erupter.
TheEvilOne

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:03:23 AM

this is a new one for me:

After a power outage I have been unable to access the Web UI in Minera. I get a constant 503 Service Not Available error msg. I have restarted the pi several times, re-flashed Minera to the SD Card twice, and still no luck. At one point I was able to get to the log in screen, but once the log in attempt was made, right back to 503 again.

I thought about the possibility if the pi being borked from a power surge, but it is on a protected strip and nothing else was affected. I have even tried a different SD Card just in case the other was borked. Its probably something stupid, but I will be damned if I can figure it out.

Oddly enough when I look at the pool the miners are pointed to, they seem to be hashing along fine.

To eliminate potential causes I have tried multiple browsers (Chrome, FireFox), several restarts of both rPi and this system, cleared cache on the browsers.

The pi does have a monitor plugged into it so I can watch the load up and I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

Any ideas or a possible solution would be great.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 06:45:16 AM

After a power outage I have been unable to access the Web UI in Minera. I get a constant 503 Service Not Available error msg. I have restarted the pi several times, re-flashed Minera to the SD Card twice, and still no luck. At one point I was able to get to the log in screen, but once the log in attempt was made, right back to 503 again.

I thought about the possibility if the pi being borked from a power surge, but it is on a protected strip and nothing else was affected. I have even tried a different SD Card just in case the other was borked. Its probably something stupid, but I will be damned if I can figure it out.

Oddly enough when I look at the pool the miners are pointed to, they seem to be hashing along fine.

To eliminate potential causes I have tried multiple browsers (Chrome, FireFox), several restarts of both rPi and this system, cleared cache on the browsers.

The pi does have a monitor plugged into it so I can watch the load up and I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

Did you try to start from a new Minera image? It seems like your PHP-FPM daemon is not running. You can try to start it:

Code:
sudo service php5-fpm restart

It's also possible you finished the SD space check it with
Code:
du -hs

And also check the logs in
Code:
/var/log

Of course these are task you need to do via SSH.

TheEvilOne

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:36:23 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 10:18:07 AM by TheEvilOne

Did you try to start from a new Minera image? It seems like your PHP-FPM daemon is not running. You can try to start it:

Code:
sudo service php5-fpm restart

It's also possible you finished the SD space check it with
Code:
du -hs

And also check the logs in
Code:
/var/log

Of course these are task you need to do via SSH.

It is a  fresh image downloaded today. restart fails on attempt so I am thinking something got borked wither in the download, extraction or the flashing of the image to the. I will start from scratch and see if this works. I will update in anything changes.

update: looks like the micro SD card is indeed fuxored. Unfortunately the other one I have is used for something else so I will need to get another. Hopefully this resolves the issue completely and I can get back to mining again. Thnx for your assistance in trying to resolve this as I love using Minera.

jminer85

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:49:26 PM

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
you need to use a powered hub aswell or it will not work once it gets hot and draws to much power.
jminer85

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:52:56 PM

have you made a new img on raspbiran jesse  as the wheezy img only worked with Ethernet and not my wifi adaptor. I tried to install on jesse but it never worked right.
MartyMiner

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:51:17 AM

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and mining, but I've succeeded in setting up my miner so far using my Raspberry Pi and Minera. Now my question is, how do I make the miner mine for me? So far the pool is Ghash.io's LTC pool, but the pool username is still set to the default "michelem..." one. I've signed up to Ghash.io, but it doesn't detect my miner as a worker. How do I set up Minera to mine to that specific pool but mine for me?
 The Ghash site tells me to give my miner a certain name "up..." but I can't seem to change the miner's name either.

Many thanks in advance!
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 09:54:52 AM

have you made a new img on raspbiran jesse  as the wheezy img only worked with Ethernet and not my wifi adaptor. I tried to install on jesse but it never worked right.

Minera 0.7.0 is coming soon with Jesse release and more.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:45:20 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 02:16:14 AM by toptek

have you made a new img on raspbiran jesse  as the wheezy img only worked with Ethernet and not my wifi adaptor. I tried to install on jesse but it never worked right.

Minera 0.7.0 is coming soon with Jesse release and more.

hey mich till then i fixed the share issue i  said some thing about  i  deleted some old shared files bfg no longer uses minera will load in on any updates . if you delete them it works or on a clean install with a new image etc i first install bfg make sure it works in a root folder some place then install minera then CP over bfg  . no more share issue or delete some files in the /usr/local/lib folders bfg might look for if you update with the build_miner.sh file . i just do what i said above on a fresh clean manual install with Ubuntu Smiley.

my self I'll keep using Ubuntu 15 sense it works well on rpi 2 and up nicely or just about anything once your able to figure out what boot files are need for that PI type Smiley .

Ubuntu 16 is due out on the 21 st and is suppose to have a version for RPIs Smiley. fun time !!!! .

just a tip or hint ubuntu is more stable then jesse but the down side unless your wiling to make it work on all Rpi's i don't blame if your not, i do understand that's the main issue you don't  it pretty much only works on a Rpi 2 and 3 with out issue. even barryboot doesn't have ubuntu in it as one of the OS es to use for any PI's  below RPI 2.

but am very much looking forward  to this update just for the fixes a lone and Polly run it on ubuntu 16 :_).

cya.

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 05:09:57 PM

Minera 0.7.0 is out!

Finally here is the newest Minera, there are some main changes and one you don't like at all I think Smiley So first of all, the main one is the new Debian (Raspbian) release Jessie which now Minera has built-in.

Of course you can't have Jessie release if you don't start from new Minera image because the upgrade is too much long and I cannot do it in your current system. So you have to install a new Minera image (only 0.7.0 version) in your SD Card (or you can always try to upgrade to Jessie by yourself, it's not difficult but it could take a lot of time in old RPI)

And now the worst change I know you don't want, but here we are.
I introduced banner Ads in Minera web interface.

I know nobody likes them but I enjoyed the time to build all the infrastructure to receive donation to remove them. Because yes, you can remove ads FOREVER from your systems donating a small amount (it sets now at 0.01BTC).
With this kind of donation (you find the remove ads button in the settings page) you will have ONE Minera system ads-free forever based on its MAC-Address.
You don't need to do anything but donate and wait a couple of minutes, Minera connects to my central server to check the payments (each minute) and automatically remove the ads.
If you change your RPI (and so the Mac Address), just send me an email and I will switch it (probably I will add an option to do this by yourself in the future).

And that's all about ads, oh well and yes, you can always hack your Minera and remove the ads by coding it, it's not hard and Minera is always open source, but if you donate I appreciate much more Smiley

IMPORTANT:

The upgrade script could take some time so I strongly suggest you to upgrade viw Terminal (you can use the web one too under System):

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git fetch --all && sudo git reset --hard origin/master && sudo ./upgrade_minera.sh

If you upgrade "manually" you won't have the new Jessie release, for that you need to start from scratch (New image file).

This is not all for this new release but for the remaining just look at the changelog below.

v0.7.0 -> http://getminera.com/download/latest

Hope you like it!

0.7.0 Changelog

* Bug fix Limit on number of network miners
* Enhancement: hostname/system name of miner on login/lock page
* Updated miners with latest versions (Cgminer and Bfgminer)
* Updated Raspbian version to Jessie Debian release (You need to flash your SD Card read more above)
* Removed all save buttons and introduced the new one-save-button
* Added reset logs button to clean up log system files (only Minera and miners)
* Added system info at lockscreen
* Changed Refresh button position (on top!)
* Introduced Ads in Minera (yes I know, you don't like)
* Introduced the Remove Ads button (only 0.01 Btc for system forever, read more above)
* Lot of other small fixes/enhancement

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:06:54 PM

Minera 0.7.0 is out!

Finally here is the newest Minera, there are some main changes and one you don't like at all I think Smiley So first of all, the main one is the new Debian (Raspbian) release Jessie which now Minera has built-in.

Of course you can't have Jessie release if you don't start from new Minera image because the upgrade is too much long and I cannot do it in your current system. So you have to install a new Minera image (only 0.7.0 version) in your SD Card (or you can always try to upgrade to Jessie by yourself, it's not difficult but it could take a lot of time in old RPI)

And now the worst change I know you don't want, but here we are.
I introduced banner Ads in Minera web interface.

I know nobody likes them but I enjoyed the time to build all the infrastructure to receive donation to remove them. Because yes, you can remove ads FOREVER from your systems donating a small amount (it sets now at 0.01BTC).
With this kind of donation (you find the remove ads button in the settings page) you will have ONE Minera system ads-free forever based on its MAC-Address.
You don't need to do anything but donate and wait a couple of minutes, Minera connects to my central server to check the payments (each minute) and automatically remove the ads.
If you change your RPI (and so the Mac Address), just send me an email and I will switch it (probably I will add an option to do this by yourself in the future).

And that's all about ads, oh well and yes, you can always hack your Minera and remove the ads by coding it, it's not hard and Minera is always open source, but if you donate I appreciate much more Smiley

IMPORTANT:

The upgrade script could take some time so I strongly suggest you to upgrade viw Terminal (you can use the web one too under System):

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git fetch --all && sudo git reset --hard origin/master && sudo ./upgrade_minera.sh

If you upgrade "manually" you won't have the new Jessie release, for that you need to start from scratch (New image file).

This is not all for this new release but for the remaining just look at the changelog below.

v0.7.0 -> http://getminera.com/download/latest

Hope you like it!

0.7.0 Changelog

* Bug fix Limit on number of network miners
* Enhancement: hostname/system name of miner on login/lock page
* Updated miners with latest versions (Cgminer and Bfgminer)
* Updated Raspbian version to Jessie Debian release (You need to flash your SD Card read more above)
* Removed all save buttons and introduced the new one-save-button
* Added reset logs button to clean up log system files (only Minera and miners)
* Added system info at lockscreen
* Changed Refresh button position (on top!)
* Introduced Ads in Minera (yes I know, you don't like)
* Introduced the Remove Ads button (only 0.01 Btc for system forever, read more above)
* Lot of other small fixes/enhancement

to start with TY

I never have a problem with donating if that's what it takes to a keep a worth while thing like this going if you ever need to charge us a one time fee for this or that i have no problem with that at all , i just bought awesome miner pro i was that impressed with it and i tried it over a year ago it wasn't that great to me then . but this time around it was i guess they really fixed some stuff in it .

SO my point by saying that about awesome miner is I will with minera to if it comes to that only because to me it would be worth it and  there is no other GUI like this one that actually works this good . with all most every miner ever made .

and im having solar installed in a few days so now all i need is a few of the 16 mn chip  miners im set Smiley .

Hes right unless your prepared for a long upgrade process and nite mare that might led to a fresh install  just save your setting and redo the SD , i tried a week or so ago and ended up doing a manual install with UBUNTU 15.

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: