Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2024, 10:13:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205774 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 12:45:21 AM

Civil (war, entirely one sided by tyrants vs subjects) asset forfeiture.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 01:31:59 AM

Call it the anti-Rand primary.

There are at least three Republicans who seem likely to run for president in part so they can attack Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s libertarian-leaning foreign policy stances on the campaign trail.

These anti-Rand candidates — South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, former U.N. ambassador John Bolton and New York Rep. Peter King — are ramping up their criticism especially now that Paul has officially entered the race for the White House.

All three are the longest of long shots when it comes to actually winning their party’s nomination. But each of them — national security hawks who dismissively label Paul an “isolationist” — could cause issues for the senator by attacking his more restrained foreign policy views during nationally televised debates.

Asked about these attacks, one Paul adviser said in an email: “These politicians do a disservice to the American people when they mischaracterize Sen. Paul’s foreign policy views. Unsurprisingly, facts are not the strong suit of politicians to whom war is the only answer for every challenge.”

“These are the same politicians who claimed before the Iraq war that Saddam Hussein supported al-Qaeda and the 9/11 attacks,” the Paul aide added. “Despite a worsening insurgency, these are the politicians who proclaimed in 2005 that in Iraq ‘things are changing for the better.’”

More...http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/20/the-anti-rand-paul-primary/
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 02:05:02 AM

Rand Paul to Barack Obama: Do you support civil asset forfeiture?

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), in a Facebook post on Saturday, responded to President Barack Obama's sharp criticism of Senate Republicans for the delay of a final confirmation vote for his Attorney General nominee, Loretta Lynch.

"I have to say, that there are times where the dysfunction in the Senate just goes too far. This is an example of it," Obama said at a press conference on Friday. "It’s gone too far. Enough. Enough. Call Loretta Lynch for a vote, get her confirmed. Put her in place. Let her do her job. This is embarrassing, a process like this."

President Obama nominated Lynch in November to replace Attorney General Eric Holder. The Senate Judiciary Committee, chaired by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), held confirmation hearings on Lynch's nomination in late January, but confirmation has been delayed as Senate leaders from both parties wrestle over a human trafficking bill.

Still, though, many Republicans in the upper chamber oppose Lynch's confirmation due to her positions on a variety of policy issues, including apparent deference to virtually unchecked executive power. In addition to other problematic positions she has taken, Paul has staked his opposition Lynch over her support of controversial federal civil asset forfeiture laws, which, during her confirmation hearing, she called "a wonderful tool."

"I have a question for Barack Obama. Do you support civil asset forfeiture and Lynch's unconstitutional theft: because THAT is what's embarrassing," Paul wrote on Saturday. "In our country, you should be presumed innocent until found guilty. Civil asset forfeiture doesn't allow for the presumption of innocence. The government can take your stuff without being convicted of a crime."

More...http://www.freedomworks.org/content/rand-paul-barack-obama-do-you-support-civil-asset-forfeiture-and-loretta-lynchs

This issue has been growing in importance for over 20 years. The "War on Drugs" has been a disaster for civil liberties and too many people have paid a heavy price. Asset forfeiture laws are a large source of income for local, state, and federal Gov't agencies, so quick changes will not come easy.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 02:16:32 AM

Lindsey Graham Takes Shot at Paul: ‘I’m Not Focusing on Kids Who Smoke Dope’
 Roll Eyes Nobody that wants to chill would want anything to do with this war hawk.

Senator Lindsey Graham agrees with his colleague Rand Paul on outreach, but said today he’s doing more than just reaching out to “kids who smoke dope in their parents’ basement.”

Graham has been incredibly critical of Paul in the past, and recently he said he’s on the same side as his libertarian brethren, he just wants to do more than “yell.”

And in an interview with The Wall Street Journal, out today, Graham said it’s healthy for Republicans like him and Paul to fight it out over foreign policy. He asked, “Is it going to be the party of Ron Paul’s son or Ronald Reagan? At the end of the day that’s a fight worth having.”

But he also couldn’t help but take a bit of a shot at who Paul’s appealing to:

“I think he’s right to try to connect with young people. I’m not focusing on kids who smoke dope in their parents’ basement. I’m focused on young farmers, young lawyers, young real estate agents, young subway shop owners. He’s a libertarian. I’m not selling libertarianism to young people. I’m selling conservativism to young people.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/lindsey-graham-takes-shot-at-paul-im-not-focusing-on-kids-who-smoke-dope/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 03:52:20 AM

Anarchast - Judge Napolitano: A Rothbardian Anarchist on Rand Paul & The Future of America
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPir7zNmclM

For those that don't know, the Judge is the Sr Judicial Correspondence on Fox and is a big Rand Paul supporter. Listen for yourself, yall. Let me know if there's one of these in your country around the world.  Smiley
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 03:59:06 AM

Roll Eyes Nobody that wants to chill would want anything to do with this war hawk.

Senator Lindsey Graham agrees with his colleague Rand Paul on outreach, but said today he’s doing more than just reaching out to “kids who smoke dope in their parents’ basement.”

Graham has been incredibly critical of Paul in the past, and recently he said he’s on the same side as his libertarian brethren, he just wants to do more than “yell.”

And in an interview with The Wall Street Journal, out today, Graham said it’s healthy for Republicans like him and Paul to fight it out over foreign policy. He asked, “Is it going to be the party of Ron Paul’s son or Ronald Reagan? At the end of the day that’s a fight worth having.”

I just spent ~20 minutes reading various articles about Lindsey Graham, and I'm more convinced than ever he is one of the worst RINO's on Earth.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 03:06:16 PM

I just spent ~20 minutes reading various articles about Lindsey Graham, and I'm more convinced than ever he is one of the worst RINO's on Earth.

He is also a crook. Look what he tried to do out west to that rancher, Cliven Bundy. Tried to steal his land out from under him, claiming environmental issues, when he had a separate deal to sell the land after taking it. Fucking scumbag.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:15:25 PM

He is also a crook. Look what he tried to do out west to that rancher, Cliven Bundy. Tried to steal his land out from under him, claiming environmental issues, when he had a separate deal to sell the land after taking it. Fucking scumbag.

I knew the BML was sending armed agents, but wasn't aware that Lindsey Graham was behind it or involved. Too bad the Liberty movement wasn't able to throw in a strong contender last time he was up for election.

Rand knew it will not be easy, the attacks give him a chance to present better ideas.   

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:25:35 PM

Yep, it's guys like him and his buddy McCain that were for arming the so-called Syrian rebels and then these arms ended up in ISIS hands. The fact that they don't learn form their mistakes leads me to believe that these raging neocons do this stuff on purpose knowing full well where these arms will end up. Then, it's time to bring in ground troops and all of the above to stop the evil bad guys. So, give weapons to evil people knowing that they'll use them to harm innocent people and then you'll have the media footage to propagandize Americans into wanting to help those poor innocent people and calling for more military means to take care of it. Then, blame reasonable foreign policy positions like non-interventionism for causing the situations overseas. Next up, load up the debate stages w/ neocon hawks and make Rand look like the odd ball out. Hope it backfires on them and makes Rand stand out to people even more in a positive way.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:01:08 PM

Presidential Candidate Rand Paul Impresses at the NY Bitcoin Event

Presidential candidate Rand Paul graced the 19th April Bitcoin event held at the Union League Club and left the attendees highly impressed with his thoughts on the cryptocurrency. The event was hosted by the Bitcoin Center NYC and a start-up incubator Blockchain Technologies Corp.

Rand Paul is the running the first presidential campaign ever to accept Bitcoin in donations.

Since the event was not publicly promoted by the campaign management team, the remarks from the events will not be released, said Sergio Gor, spokesperson for Paul’s campaign. However, the social media was abuzz with details regarding the event.

An attendee Paul Hanson @PaulHansonNY tweeted on April 20, 2015: “Rand was brief but on-point in his remarks. Very exciting to see our next president in person.” Another twitter user Avishai/Jacob Cohen @vichispeaks tweeted one of Paul’s event remarks: “I’m open to technology, I’m open to innovation.”

On being quizzed about Bitcoin regulation and national security, Paul said, “Important to keep innovation in US.”

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/04/21/presidential-candidate-rand-paul-impresses-at-the-ny-bitcoin-event/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:50:01 PM

Rand Paul Chides 'Naysayers' Who Want to Regulate Bitcoin

Presidential candidate Rand Paul describes himself as a politician who bridges old ideas and new technology, and he sought to get that message across at a fundraising get-together with Bitcoin enthusiasts this week.

"I'm not an expert on Bitcoin, but I'm open to new technology," Paul told a small but intent crowd of mostly twenty- and thirty-somethings at the Union League Club in New York on Sunday. "To me it's intriguing to actually eliminate cost somehow in the transfer of money and buying things."

His backdrop was a room steeped in the history of the Republican Party, including portraits of a mutton-chopped Chester A. Arthur, bushy-bearded Rutherford B. Hayes and other, more recent Republican presidents. Yet there were modern wrinkles, like the banner displayed behind Paul of the logos of Bitcoin-based companies.

The Kentucky senator, one of a large field of candidates chasing the GOP nomination, said that he became more interested in the technology behind the cryptocurrency after reading Netscape co-founder and Silicon Valley venture capitalist Marc Andreessen's take on the payments potential for digital currencies and blockchains.

http://www.americanbanker.com/news/bank-technology/rand-paul-chides-naysayers-who-want-to-regulate-bitcoin-1073906-1.html
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:02:35 PM

Rand Paul Says He Was Briefed by Clinton Author About Book's 'Unseemly' Details
“I've promised not to reveal” everything, the Republican presidential candidate says.

Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul says the author of the forthcoming book Clinton Cash briefed him on the book and that its allegations are “alarming.”

The book by Peter Schweizer purports to show that donors to Hillary Clinton's family foundation and groups that hired her husband for speaking engagements received government favors while Clinton led the State Department, the New York Times reported Sunday.

“I've promised not to reveal all the details, but I think people are going to be blown away by the details in this book and how they link the Clintons into this enormous exchange of money from foreign countries, from donors to companies and that it's all swirling around,” Paul, a Kentucky senator, said on Fox News' Hannity on Monday. “It reminds me of people using the system to enrich themselves and I think it looks unseemly and I think a lot of Americans are going to agree with me.”

Asked if the behavior detailed in the book is illegal, Paul did not outright classify it that way, instead saying that the book will raise questions.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-21/rand-paul-says-he-was-briefed-by-clinton-author-about-book-s-unseemly-details
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 10:06:23 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 10:17:34 PM by TheButterZone

"We need to make our party the party of the entire Bill of Rights," not just the right to bear arms, Paul said.

Umm, I'd be happy for the Republican party to actually support any of the Bill of Rights. If they were the party of RKBA, they would have never allowed "gun control" (aka infringements) to become law when they controlled Congress and the White House, they would have repealed "gun control" (aka infringements) at the same time, and only nominated/confirmed judges with track records of ruling in favor of RKBA instead of allowing nominees to blatantly perjure themselves in confirmation hearings with impunity.

Tweeted: http://twitter.com/TheButterZone/status/590639828179537920

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:10:17 PM

Play Paul! Rand to Play in Congressional Baseball Game

Break out the “Take Me Out to the Paul Game” T-shirts.

Though he will be busy on the presidential campaign trail, Sen. Rand Paul will be taking the plate at the 54th Annual Roll Call Congressional Baseball Game this year, a campaign aide confirmed Monday to HOH.

The Kentucky Republican has participated in the game since he first came to the Senate in 2011, and he will head back to Nationals Park on June 11 in hopes of leading the GOP to its first win against the Democrats in six years. Paul will also likely bring his legion of fans, who have been some of the crowd’s standouts.

Playing baseball for Republicans each year is in Paul’s blood. His father, former Rep. Ron Paul, also played for the GOP during his congressional tenure. The elder Paul is believed to have been the first person to hit a home run out of the ballpark, and he was inducted into the Congressional Baseball Hall of Fame in 2012.

http://hoh.rollcall.com/play-paul-rand-to-play-in-congressional-baseball-game/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:48:03 PM

Top 10 Reasons Not to Vote for Rand Paul

Paul Threatens to Rock the Boat on the Status Quo

Rand Paul is believed by most to be most “pro-liberty” presidential candidate running under the banner of either major political party in the 2016 election. However, his supposed “defense of individual rights and personal responsibility” should not sit well with everyone. After all, since when has the United States ever been known to bend to the wills of these made-up and completely foreign ideals of “liberty” and “freedom”? Here are the top 10 reasons not to vote for Rand Paul.

1. You love endless wars.

Who cares about the dire financial and social consequences of being perpetually at odds with ever-changing enemies? We have to prove to the world that we’re not going to be pushed around. Not only that, we are not going to let anyone else take away our freedoms; that’s the job of our own leaders! That’s why it has to be made clear that Paul is “dangerous” on foreign policy due to his belief that soldiers should only be sent to war as a last result. It’s really besides the point whether such attacks are actually true.

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/top-10-reasons-not-to-vote-for-rand-paul/#ixzz3XzEUY3vY
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:04:27 PM

When Leftists Attack

“So Rand Paul,   you’ve been beating your wife all these years,  when will you stop beating your wife?”   It’s a fair question, if you are a leftist media hack who just wants to score points for your cultural Marxist team, rather than engage in intelligent discussion.   On Rand Paul’s  initial announcement of his presidential candidacy, the leftwing media was out in unison trying to smear the biggest threat in the GOP primary to their top contender, Hillary Clinton,  who Rand is outpolling in key swing states.

Rand Paul handled himself masterfully in his interviews  and if I were advising him I wouldn’t change a thing and here’s why:   When  Savannah Guthrie of leftwing MSNBC  goes into her interview by trying to frame the discussion with misleading and false information Rand doesn’t allow her to control the discussion and makes sure he gets time to answer.  That is what he needs to do in every discussion with interviewers who have an agenda no matter what names the media may call him because how you frame the story will change the story.  Like most Americans,  I hate interviews that are biased and I hate being  lied to by the media, whether they are on the right or the left.   

More...http://blog.libertyconservatives.com/when-leftists-attack/
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:26:16 PM

MSNBC is a gathering place for media freaks. It is not a news organization. It is a Libtard Propaganda Channel. What is their daily viewership?

Alex Jones, the loud mouthed over exaggerating alternative media, has more viewers than MSNBC and CNN combined and bests FoxNews a lot of the time.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/04/21/cable-news-ratings-for-monday-april-20-2015/392107/

Jones gets 20 million viewers per week. which averages to 2.857 million per day.

I am not a fan of AJ but his alternative media channel has better ratings in anything called 'mainstream'

Shouldn't even bother doing interviews with them!

MSNBC is irrelevant.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 11:54:25 PM

“I've promised not to reveal” everything, the Republican presidential candidate says.

Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul says the author of the forthcoming book Clinton Cash briefed him on the book and that its allegations are “alarming.”

The book by Peter Schweizer purports to show that donors to Hillary Clinton's family foundation and groups that hired her husband for speaking engagements received government favors while Clinton led the State Department, the New York Times reported Sunday.

“I've promised not to reveal all the details, but I think people are going to be blown away by the details in this book and how they link the Clintons into this enormous exchange of money from foreign countries, from donors to companies and that it's all swirling around,” Paul, a Kentucky senator, said on Fox News' Hannity on Monday. “It reminds me of people using the system to enrich themselves and I think it looks unseemly and I think a lot of Americans are going to agree with me.”

Asked if the behavior detailed in the book is illegal, Paul did not outright classify it that way, instead saying that the book will raise questions.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-21/rand-paul-says-he-was-briefed-by-clinton-author-about-book-s-unseemly-details

It's a great start, but will the mainstream media make it front page news and talk about Hillarys' crimes for days on end, and/or the late night talk show jokes?  // like the way they took down Howard Dean, for example.

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:45:02 AM

It's a great start, but will the mainstream media make it front page news and talk about Hillarys' crimes for days on end, and/or the late night talk show jokes?  // like the way they took down Howard Dean, for example.

Of course they will not talk about it unless to minimize it. The MSM is 100% pure propaganda to ensure the continued succession of their puppet leaders so their agenda is always on the forward path. It is the most corrupt political system on this planet. The Military Industrial Complex rules the USA and has been for years. Each successive President helps entrench it further. The USA is ruled by a one party two-headed hydra where they go through Kabuki theater every 4 years to keep the dumb down sheep pleasantly amused. Americans are told who to vote for. By the time the MSM has finished the brainwashing process those who vote will be picking one or the other. TPTB do not care who wins as they control both.

The only way to break this spell is through revolution. Revolution does not have to be through shed blood but through trying something different than in the past.

If you want the same ole same ole you can vote for the Bull Dyke or, if the Repugs get their way, another scumbag from the House of Bush.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:03:29 AM

Will Rand Paul's movement build the broad movement for liberty?
Three Questions About Rand Paul
How his presidential campaign can help or hurt the cause of liberty

It doesn't lead through Iowa and New Hampshire.Paramount PicturesI do not expect Rand Paul to win his party's presidential nomination this time around. I also live in a state where you have to be a registered Republican to vote in the GOP primary, so I'm not going to be in a position to cast a ballot for or against him next year anyway—not unless he defies my expectations and becomes the nominee. And I don't have tremendous faith that even a well-meaning president, should such a beast exist, can tame a vast and entrenched system of power.

So the question Would we be better off with Rand Paul as president? isn't particularly important to me right now. I'm more interested in three other issues:

1. What will Rand Paul the presidential candidate do to Rand Paul the senator? It'll be a few more months before we know this for sure, but it looks like Paul won't have to give up his Senate seat to run for president. That's good: Despite Paul's steps closer to the conventional right, he's still miles preferable to pretty much anyone likely to replace him. But in the meantime, Paul's drift toward Hannityville is bound to be reflected in how he votes, what bills he introduces, and, in general, where he chooses to take a stand.

Valuable though it may be to imagine what Paul could do if he's elected president, I spend more time thinking about what he can do with the office he has now. The Senate is a place where just one or two people can put the brakes on a terrible idea—as Paul reportedly did in 2011 by blocking a move toward bringing Georgia into NATO. It will be a shame if Paul's presidential ambitions make him less willing to exercise his power in such ways.

The flipside is that those ambitions may have made him more likely to make big pushes on the issues where he isn't folding. Right now it looks like he's standing by his deviations from GOP orthodoxy on criminal justice. Can that make up for his meeker positions on foreign policy?

http://reason.com/blog/2015/04/21/three-questions-about-rand-paul#.fbhsto:qTRr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: