Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:15:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205766 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:25:17 AM

It's hilarious to think that the least possible evil will ever have his winning amount of votes counted and not simply shredded.

I'm aware of vote fraud, but....
If the "least possible evil" always looses, then how/why did Rand get his votes counted in the Senate primary when he went from underdog to win over a "pre-approved" candidate?  Smiley

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:47:28 AM

It's hilarious to think that the least possible evil will ever have his winning amount of votes counted and not simply shredded.

If the "least possible evil" always looses, then how/why did Rand get his votes counted in the Senate primary when he went from underdog to win over a "pre-approved" candidate?  Smiley

He can win but it would have to be an overwhelming win to overcome the fraud. GW Bush managed to do it twice so maybe there is hope.

Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:54:58 AM

It will take a strong fiscal conservative to save our country from it's impending economic demise and eventual financial neutering. We need what we used to have that enabled us to prosper and made us attractive to those coming from other countries: a frontiersman's strength to do whatever it takes to succeed and a culture of limitless opportunity based on your own initiative. No one came here poor thinking they were entitled to the possessions someone else had
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:20:03 AM

It will take a strong fiscal conservative to save our country from it's impending economic demise and eventual financial neutering. We need what we used to have that enabled us to prosper and made us attractive to those coming from other countries: a frontiersman's strength to do whatever it takes to succeed and a culture of limitless opportunity based on your own initiative. No one came here poor thinking they were entitled to the possessions someone else had

Scott Walker or Dems keep the presidency.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:23:38 AM

I don't think Scott Walker is running.

tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:41:05 AM

I don't either. I do not believe there is a Republican in the bunch that will actually run that can beat Hillary.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:43:59 AM

I don't either. I do not believe there is a Republican in the bunch that will actually run that can beat Hillary.

Then we really are in big trouble. 

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:02:02 AM

guess you aren't even hiding the fact that you're a republican?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:18:32 AM

I support the 'libertarian takeover' of the Republican party, since we are teaching them about limited Gov't.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:23:27 AM

Dude!  You already spammed this very thread with almost exactly the same tripe.  Clear your copy/paste buffer occasionally will ya?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:55:06 AM

I support the 'libertarian takeover' of the Republican party, since we are teaching them about limited Gov't.

There is no Libertarian take-over. There are a few Libertarians within the GOP, such as Rand Paul. But the vast majority of the supporters, as well as the politicians remains pro-establishment.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:19:32 AM

There is no Libertarian take-over. There are a few Libertarians within the GOP, such as Rand Paul. But the vast majority of the supporters, as well as the politicians remains pro-establishment.
Politicians yes but I think the reelection rate is based upon tried and true methods of campaigning that flow into the low info voters when they decided to take an interest, about a few weeks prior to the election. Consultants poll what language works and this allows the incumbents to use their corporate bribery funds to string the idiots along. I'd wager that the average republican voter holds key conservative issues at heart but they aren't tuned in enough to see the one corporate party system in action. Take the pro-life issue only voters like many Catholics and Evangelicals. They've been strung along for the last ~30 years based upon that token issue being paid lip service while overlooking everything else these republicans have been doing including spending like democrats. Again, it's hard to overcome all the Corporate-Karl Rove-Chamber of Commerce insider money that is poured into mailers and tv/radio ads for these incumbents (on both sides) to keep challengers at bay. We had a good deal of conservative Senate challengers but only one has made it through a primary and even he's (McDaniel in MS) heading to a run-off.

I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it til it sinks in: Folks have to become party delegates and have influence in their state and local party's leadership. Then elect good folks to district and state cmte spots and they draft and pass resolutions affecting local and state party endorsements, donations and whether the state has a taxpayer funded primary (where the CoC folks can buy elections via low info voters) or state convention caucuses (where party delegates who are very tuned to the issues pick their nominees). Find out the info in your state and get involved. Heck do some BTC/crypto proselytizing while you're at it. We will be the new wealthier types come the next Prez election after all. Get out and swing your cock a little ya know what I mean.. Wink
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:48:02 AM

It would have been more clear if I said "attempted libertarian takeover of the Republican party" which is in progress.
Iowa (for example) is an important primary state and "we" have built a really strong organization there. Caucus states give grass-roots efforts a much better chance than primaries, especially if you have dedicated supporters.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 04:18:57 AM

He's the Don Quixote of the Senate. His tilting at windmills doesn't matter when all the rest of his party in name only are tyrannical sociopaths.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:34:39 AM

It would have been more clear if I said "attempted libertarian takeover of the Republican party" which is in progress.
Iowa (for example) is an important primary state and "we" have built a really strong organization there. Caucus states give grass-roots efforts a much better chance than primaries, especially if you have dedicated supporters.

Glad to hear this. Lately I am hearing good news from smaller states like Iowa, New Hampshire and Idaho. Needs to target the more populous states as well, such as Texas and Florida.  Grin
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:49:44 AM

He's the Don Quixote of the Senate. His tilting at windmills doesn't matter when all the rest of his party in name only are tyrannical sociopaths.

Sen Mike Lee (from Utah) is also a liberty republican. 2% of the Senate doesn't sound great, but major changes/movements take time to get going.

Glad to hear this. Lately I am hearing good news from smaller states like Iowa, New Hampshire and Idaho. Needs to target the more populous states as well, such as Texas and Florida.  Grin

Yes winning over Florida would be great, but lots of people retire from the East coast states and move there, also older people are usually less receptive to "new" ideas.
Texas has great potential, since many residents are (at least somewhat) independent minded

Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:40:48 AM

It would be hilarious if the GOP nominated Rand Paul. Oh my god the entertainment factor would be through the roof!

Stay crazy Republicans.

Another true believer. Enjoy the yes we can rallies and broken promises.  

see, i hate this bullshit. just because someone thinks the GOP is crazy does not mean you are an obama nuthugger. the GOP says way more crazy shit than the democrats, but that doesn't mean i am one. it could be reciprocated that you are a conservative/republican.

Right. I'm not a fan of Obama or the Democrats in general.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:46:07 AM

It would be hilarious if the GOP nominated Rand Paul. Oh my god the entertainment factor would be through the roof!

Stay crazy Republicans.

Another true believer. Enjoy the yes we can rallies and broken promises.  

see, i hate this bullshit. just because someone thinks the GOP is crazy does not mean you are an obama nuthugger. the GOP says way more crazy shit than the democrats, but that doesn't mean i am one. it could be reciprocated that you are a conservative/republican.

Right. I'm not a fan of Obama or the Democrats in general.

i guess both of you are.

what do you have to say about the crazy shit that goes on fox news, and the crazy politicians you have? like sarah palin, herman cain, michelle bachman, that "women have a defense mechanism against rape" and the other tons of wackos?
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:30:24 AM

guess you aren't even hiding the fact that you're a republican?

I have nothing to hide. I hate both parties. I would much rather have a semi libertarian than a left wing war monger in the white house.

You don't have to take part in party politics to see how dangerous these people are.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:22:53 AM

We (the U.S.A) give more money to Israel because they are our staunchest ally in the Mid-East. We participate in war games, elite tactical training, and counter-terrorism techniques. The U.S. is the only country in which Israel shares their covert information. I would be in complete favor of cutting off all foreign aid, including that to Israel. No reason to continue going deeper into debt when our country is broke. But, to not understand why Israel receives the majority of our aid in that region is ludicrous.

It's a more than fair hypothesis that the very effective lobbying efforts by groups who are at the very least highly sympathetic to Israel if not directly sponsored by them are responsible for a lot of the favors and money that that country receives from us.  One of the ways Israel helps us is by testing our experimental weapons out on civilians sometimes.  (Image search DIME and gaza if you want to see my tax dollars at work...and have a strong stomach.)

This American citizen that was "executed" was participating in an act of war against Israel and Israel (any country for that matter) has every right to protect itself. You can find the full clips on Youtube (you know, the non edited ones) showing the terrorists on the flotilla attacking the Israeli soldiers that were only protecting their waters, as any country has the right to do.

Funny enough we have extensive video of the attack, but that is only because someone outsmarted the Israeli technicians and the feeds didn't get cut (and the commanders had the poor sense to continue the mission in spite of that.)  Then they missed a memory card when the Turkish PM flipped his lid and told Israel to release everyone right now or else.  Censorship fail.

Back when the event was in the news (briefly) I watched most of the footage.  Here's a little clip from the hours of footage.  It is reported to be the American, and may be how he ended up with a bullet in the back of his head fired from a range of about 45 cm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdirKfgI2Y4

Oh, BTW, the ship was not on it's way to attack Israel with it's cargo of humanitarian aid and unarmed concerned volunteers.  It was going to Gaza.  Labeling this an 'act of war' against Israel is utterly laughable.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: