Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:38:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LitecoinPlus (XLC) / super fast / green / great team!  (Read 77009 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:40:17 PM

I completely understand your frustration but please see our position right now. Our hands are tied so we are actively talking about ways of creating more attention.

Any suggestions are welcome and encouraged. I was going to give away the XLC that I hold (as I have been buying over the last few weeks) but this wouldn't help the price.

Everyone needs to understand that development cycles go for a lot longer than 1 month. Imagine if everyone had given up on Bitcoin and Satoshi after one month? Just like bitcoin, these things take time.

As stated, the problem was the lack of activity for the first month of the coin. There was basically no development, hence the cycle was basically... release coin... forget about coin... make temp website... then notice there is hardly any volume to the coin. It shouldn't be a surprise.

What I would suggest is:

Use the ipo funds to buy votes. Use the funds to buy dev work for mobile wallets.

And this may seem a bit radical, but at this point I don't know what there is to lose -- rebrand the coin entirely. Consider it a dead coin that a dev plans to revive.

The LiteCoinPlus name was always a bit silly to begin with. BitCoinPlus could get away with it, as at least a lot of the general public has heard of bitcoin. It's not like litecoin is doing so fantastic either, nor is bitcoinplus so popular that it even needed a sister coin. Although XBC has been going up lately, XLC has been moving down. Down so much that one of my insanely low buy orders just got hit last night, after I got out of this coin previously.

Anyway, I'd go for a rebranding and get on other exchanges via ipo funds, not volume or voting (won't happen otherwise) -- unless it's a dinky small exchange like the ones I mentioned, mostly just to use as a lifeboat in case bittrex drops the coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farhan khan

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:02:23 PM

xlc annual stake is 15% but please tell us the stake time.how much days or confirmations are required to mine in POS
intothelite

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 08:35:54 PM

keep up the voting on mintpal guys we have 26 votes and we are number 354. Hopefully i'm not the only one voting regularly.

We're gonna need everone's help regarding this.

Thanks for the support guys keep it coming!!!
4Ykw

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:23:40 AM

And unfortunately since I do not have any funds from the IPO there is no way for me to get it added any faster.

ok, something is 100% not correct here, you are saying you are taking over this coin or whatever and you dont have access to funds? why? this is crazy, the original dev must not think much of xlc if he cant even pump a few btc into it to get it moving in the right direction, he has enough money from the ipo, even to pay to get it on big exchange. i would like to know where these btc's are? at this moment in time im clearly not happy at all the way this is going.

Please read the response above your post. intothelite is working on the exchanges and I am working on getting a multipool setup. We are BOTH working on XLC. No one has vanished.

These are our current hurdles (I have even offered BTC for these services).

1. Exchanges don't want XLC as there is no volume. So we need to work on more people trading XLC on bittrex. Even small trades/ or just anything right now. When exchange operators look at XLC, it is a flatline with no activity.

2. Multipools are not responding as there is no demand for XLC. This makes it incredibly frustrating for myself and intothelite.

I completely understand your frustration but please see our position right now. Our hands are tied so we are actively talking about ways of creating more attention.

Any suggestions are welcome and encouraged. I was going to give away the XLC that I hold (as I have been buying over the last few weeks) but this wouldn't help the price.

Everyone needs to understand that development cycles go for a lot longer than 1 month. Imagine if everyone had given up on Bitcoin and Satoshi after one month? Just like bitcoin, these things take time.

Update the wallet.. give it something special that others lack of.. and then post some pictures.. and it will bring more people to attention. wallets are like the 3rd level of interest.. sometimes the 1st.. for the ones that don't read forums or source code...

MY recommendations as XLC is dammm fast to mint...
- Post BRUTAL advertisement as XLC can bring you "mint" money fast! no need to wait all that mature time!
- Add the mature statues icon to wallet (people want to be sure of things.. and sometimes a light of it.. helps).
- Make a post every week... even if there is nothing to say.. just say.. "how are your experiences with XLC?" - be positive.. always. Trolls are easy to kill. /warcraft... =)
- Add more text into the forum page of bitcointalk

If you want.. I can help.. let me know how.

kanggong

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:45:35 AM

I haven't ran away. We're still looking into how to raise the price. Most of the tasks have been completed except the multipool (would there be demand for this?).

Right now, our biggest feedback from exchanges is that XLC has too low trading volume. XLC rides on XBC and right now XBC is trending down. There will be an announcement for XBC soon that might change this.

Stay tuned!
If we add to some list, I will keep voting.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE (http://coinia.net/Q) | Qi1vZVXkHh6vGG6QPy3rdFKzWQiiUghjs4
Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789961.0) | Vx12qDUZsmMZxi4d84NWaooCAhhzYvFKHp
XBCplus

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:20:23 AM

As stated, the problem was the lack of activity for the first month of the coin. There was basically no development, hence the cycle was basically... release coin... forget about coin... make temp website... then notice there is hardly any volume to the coin. It shouldn't be a surprise.

What I would suggest is:

Use the ipo funds to buy votes. Use the funds to buy dev work for mobile wallets.

And this may seem a bit radical, but at this point I don't know what there is to lose -- rebrand the coin entirely. Consider it a dead coin that a dev plans to revive.

The LiteCoinPlus name was always a bit silly to begin with. BitCoinPlus could get away with it, as at least a lot of the general public has heard of bitcoin. It's not like litecoin is doing so fantastic either, nor is bitcoinplus so popular that it even needed a sister coin. Although XBC has been going up lately, XLC has been moving down. Down so much that one of my insanely low buy orders just got hit last night, after I got out of this coin previously.

Anyway, I'd go for a rebranding and get on other exchanges via ipo funds, not volume or voting (won't happen otherwise) -- unless it's a dinky small exchange like the ones I mentioned, mostly just to use as a lifeboat in case bittrex drops the coin.

Okay, my apologies. I thought our progress was going a lot faster compared to XBC's first month and I have been posting AT LEAST weekly.

But what is the point of wasting BTC on getting onto another exchange when the first exchange we're on doesn't even have any activity? It seems like a complete waste to me. If there is no volume on one exchange, how would stretching it out to another exchange fix this?

I like the mobile wallet idea, I'll look into it. I believe raxe offers a service like this.

However, I complete agree 100% regarding branding. Litecoin is not moving, BitcoinPlus is dropping. These are the two coins which are associated with XLC, therefore it is going to be a prickle to get moving. XLC relies a lot on XBC. Psychologically, XLC can never be worth more than XBC and the XBC fire is fading. Although I have heard of some developments with XBC that I will try to coincide with XLC. Hopefully this results in a double pump or just generallly more activity.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:49:02 AM

Okay, my apologies. I thought our progress was going a lot faster compared to XBC's first month and I have been posting AT LEAST weekly.

But what is the point of wasting BTC on getting onto another exchange when the first exchange we're on doesn't even have any activity? It seems like a complete waste to me. If there is no volume on one exchange, how would stretching it out to another exchange fix this?

I like the mobile wallet idea, I'll look into it. I believe raxe offers a service like this.

However, I complete agree 100% regarding branding. Litecoin is not moving, BitcoinPlus is dropping. These are the two coins which are associated with XLC, therefore it is going to be a prickle to get moving. XLC relies a lot on XBC. Psychologically, XLC can never be worth more than XBC and the XBC fire is fading. Although I have heard of some developments with XBC that I will try to coincide with XLC. Hopefully this results in a double pump or just generallly more activity.

The initial hype over the ipo sustained XBC for a while (and quite well). Then inactivity (or a broken wallet) nearly killed it. Duplicating low activity based on the idea XBC survived it, so others coins might, probably isn't the best idea.

As for other exchanges... well, since bittrex stated they were going to delist the coin initially, it may not be the worst idea to have the coin on at least one other decent exchange? I know they have stated they will list the coin another week, but if they drop it, what's your plan? A coin with no exchanges? Multiple exchanges also open up arbitrage, and possibly a bit of extra volume that way. So getting the coin on another exchange can in fact increase volume, especially if you go the re-branding route.

I do think XBC has a little life still in it, if for nothing else, based on its mintpal voting. But I wouldn't try to guess if XLC will bounce up based on XBC, as really, there is little actual connection.

If you are okay with using your ipo money for new things, I'd consider not only rebranding and exchanges, but a better website, mobile wallets, and finding a unique purpose for the coin. There really is only one thing the coin currently has going for it -- small number of coins that are currently unusually cheap. Add value to the brand, and then the initial investors may at least recoup what they paid. I don't see that happening with the xlc brand, nor by trying to link the coin to xbc or ltc.
intothelite

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 04:27:01 AM

This is what i like to see members of the community actually coming together to work toward a common goal and some constructive suggestions.

I'm still voting on mintpal we are #347 and we have 32 votes this is a great start so keep it up guys.

4Ykw: PM me so we can discuss a few things.

Thanks for all your support. I like the direction we are turning things around to.
XBCplus

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:31:43 AM

And unfortunately since I do not have any funds from the IPO there is no way for me to get it added any faster.

ok, something is 100% not correct here, you are saying you are taking over this coin or whatever and you dont have access to funds? why? this is crazy, the original dev must not think much of xlc if he cant even pump a few btc into it to get it moving in the right direction, he has enough money from the ipo, even to pay to get it on big exchange. i would like to know where these btc's are? at this moment in time im clearly not happy at all the way this is going.

Please read the response above your post. intothelite is working on the exchanges and I am working on getting a multipool setup. We are BOTH working on XLC. No one has vanished.

1. Exchanges don't want XLC as there is no volume. So we need to work on more people trading XLC on bittrex. Even small trades/ or just anything right now. When exchange operators look at XLC, it is a flatline with no activity.

2. Multipools are not responding as there is no demand for XLC. This makes it incredibly frustrating for myself and intothelite.

Update the wallet.. give it something special that others lack of.. and then post some pictures.. and it will bring more people to attention. wallets are like the 3rd level of interest.. sometimes the 1st.. for the ones that don't read forums or source code...

MY recommendations as XLC is dammm fast to mint...
- Post BRUTAL advertisement as XLC can bring you "mint" money fast! no need to wait all that mature time!
- Add the mature statues icon to wallet (people want to be sure of things.. and sometimes a light of it.. helps).
- Make a post every week... even if there is nothing to say.. just say.. "how are your experiences with XLC?" - be positive.. always. Trolls are easy to kill. /warcraft... =)
- Add more text into the forum page of bitcointalk

If you want.. I can help.. let me know how.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll take it onboard.

If there was nothing to announce I just let intothelite handle it, so I'll post more often just so everyone knows that I am still around.
XBCplus

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:38:17 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 05:55:15 AM by XBCplus

The initial hype over the ipo sustained XBC for a while (and quite well). Then inactivity (or a broken wallet) nearly killed it. Duplicating low activity based on the idea XBC survived it, so others coins might, probably isn't the best idea.

As for other exchanges... well, since bittrex stated they were going to delist the coin initially, it may not be the worst idea to have the coin on at least one other decent exchange? I know they have stated they will list the coin another week, but if they drop it, what's your plan? A coin with no exchanges? Multiple exchanges also open up arbitrage, and possibly a bit of extra volume that way. So getting the coin on another exchange can in fact increase volume, especially if you go the re-branding route.

I do think XBC has a little life still in it, if for nothing else, based on its mintpal voting. But I wouldn't try to guess if XLC will bounce up based on XBC, as really, there is little actual connection.

If you are okay with using your ipo money for new things, I'd consider not only rebranding and exchanges, but a better website, mobile wallets, and finding a unique purpose for the coin. There really is only one thing the coin currently has going for it -- small number of coins that are currently unusually cheap. Add value to the brand, and then the initial investors may at least recoup what they paid. I don't see that happening with the xlc brand, nor by trying to link the coin to xbc or ltc.

If the community wants a rebranding, I am totally okay with doing this (I'll have to get a quote).

I think we will take a vote or voice your approval in the thread. It is just so damn hard to move a coin that is tied to LTC and XBC. Instead of being in the shadows of other coins, lets forge our own path.

Please express your interest in doing this. All current holders would get 1:1 (or equivalent if we increase the supply).

As a community, let's build a coin that everyone is happy with. A community driven project.

Yay or nay?
WestOstrich

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:00:04 AM

Hey all, maybe a rebranding would help, but we need to come up with something pretty good here. At least the Litecoin brand has a subconscious feel of stability and high value. The coin is not big on features, so to me the name is what brought me in, combined with the low total number of coins. Let's not be too quick to ditch the name yet.

What we really need here more than anything is to stay on Bittrex. As a previous poster mentioned, let's do some trading everyday, even if small quantities. Keep the chart bouncing. If we can stay on Bittrex long enough, sooner or later someone is going to come along and pump this coin. The low total distribution is too good to ignore.

Definitely needs a new logo though.

I'll crank some votes into Mintpal.

XLCplus (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:31:25 AM

Hey all, maybe a rebranding would help, but we need to come up with something pretty good here. At least the Litecoin brand has a subconscious feel of stability and high value. The coin is not big on features, so to me the name is what brought me in, combined with the low total number of coins. Let's not be too quick to ditch the name yet.

What we really need here more than anything is to stay on Bittrex. As a previous poster mentioned, let's do some trading everyday, even if small quantities. Keep the chart bouncing. If we can stay on Bittrex long enough, sooner or later someone is going to come along and pump this coin. The low total distribution is too good to ignore.

Definitely needs a new logo though.

I'll crank some votes into Mintpal.

Thank you for your feedback and vote.

I have updated the ANN thread with graphics and more updated information. Also a XLC > XBC trade in scheme could be on the table. Something where the two currencies can become more interchangable.

I'm going to look into some services which would require spending XLC. But also right now we need people trading XLC on Bittrex. Especially how rapidly Bittrex is growing, we want to stay on that exchange.
coinfello
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:03:53 PM

im doing some trading on xlc, i think it does need re-branding in some way to take off. il vote on mintpal aswel, hopefully in future it can go places Wink
intothelite

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 04:46:26 PM

keep the voting up guys we're moved up to number 340 on mintpals list. Slowly but surely we will make our way to the top. Also thanks for the continued support coinfello.
4Ykw

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:25:18 PM

im doing some trading on xlc, i think it does need re-branding in some way to take off. il vote on mintpal aswel, hopefully in future it can go places Wink
+1
4Ykw

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:47:06 PM

I have updated the ANN thread with graphics and more updated information. Also a XLC > XBC trade in scheme could be on the table. Something where the two currencies can become more interchangable.

I'm going to look into some services which would require spending XLC. But also right now we need people trading XLC on Bittrex. Especially how rapidly Bittrex is growing, we want to stay on that exchange.

The ANN thread is of major importance to be, if possible, updated every week.. you should also add this "what we are thinking" and "what we are doing" to this thread.. and website.

Cheers, first time i saw this coin and tried it.. I immediately saw vision in it. Check yourself... buy a few coins.. and try the minting!! BRUTAL!
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:46:24 PM

yes i have read the above post, so this past month what have YOU been doing as you have been very quiet?? personally i think thats what the problem was that there wasnt enough done at the very start by you the dev, it should be on numerous exchanges now but its not, now intothelite has come on the scene and no dis-respect to him but should you not be leading this coin instead of him? its quite simple you have PLENTY of btc so put it to good use,  im very dissapointed as this was my first ipo investment, and look what happens ;( not impressed at all atm!, sorry dont mean to be harsh im just speaking the truth.

I knew that this coin was dead from the very beginning. I only hold 1500 of it bought at 19k... I can just sell it right away... Good luck with your very long journey if it is Wink
4Ykw

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:11:19 AM

yes i have read the above post, so this past month what have YOU been doing as you have been very quiet?? personally i think thats what the problem was that there wasnt enough done at the very start by you the dev, it should be on numerous exchanges now but its not, now intothelite has come on the scene and no dis-respect to him but should you not be leading this coin instead of him? its quite simple you have PLENTY of btc so put it to good use,  im very dissapointed as this was my first ipo investment, and look what happens ;( not impressed at all atm!, sorry dont mean to be harsh im just speaking the truth.

I knew that this coin was dead from the very beginning. I only hold 1500 of it bought at 19k... I can just sell it right away... Good luck with your very long journey if it is Wink

I will buy it all!.. how much sir/lady?
4Ykw

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:12:26 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 01:31:19 AM by 4Ykw

DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING LIKE THIS??? I do not =) This is something new.. the minting process is awesome!

http://www.image-share.com/upload/2584/289.png

Under 1k of coins.. and you get this after 2 weeks! Imagine if you get more! Just multiply it for more!

Keep up the good work.

Disclaimer: Your minting will start sooner.. but not as regularly as this.. because the inputs of your wallet will gradually.. split... allowing for smaller amounts to minted blocks to mint in less time.
XBCplus

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:54:00 AM

Volume is picking up nicely everyone. Keep it up! Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: