Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:44:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
toolu

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

when is anyone going to talk about how mcdoge looks like martin starr from silicon valley lol
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:17:19 PM

Re: the last sentence, I am sure many leaders have thought the same thing as they banned free press and took control of tv broadcasting etc Cheesy

If "free speech" got us to the point where the prior thread had to be locked, I say bring on the moderation!

If you can't trust the thread sanctioned by the developer of the coin, then maybe this coin isn't for you.  As much as I was entertained by the last thread, it really reminded me of jerry springer.  or reality tv.  I prefer constructive efforts over destructive ones.

Think about what you are saying. Would you agree if I said "if you can't trust the car salesman for the car you buy etc.." ?

Nothing hinders you from creating a third, unmoderated BC thread.

Very true.
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:19:57 PM

All I am saying is if the choice is between moderated and constructive or unmoderated and destructive, I choose the former.
Blackall

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:23:50 PM

All I am saying is if the choice is between moderated and constructive or unmoderated and destructive, I choose the former.
Same here. I really hate censorship, but even the Dogecoin Reddit, which has the friendliest community out of any coins, is fairly heavily moderated due to all the trolls and scammers there.
edu91

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:23:58 PM

Okay so after my last post about my paper wallet idea i've got some pretty positive responses and decided to work my concept out a little more. I've changed the name from "Blackcoin Safepaper" to "Blackcheque" so that you can use it also for promotional purposes like giveaways / gifts etc.

Here is the new design and also the inner paper. Obviously i've tried to make it look a little more luxurious with some signatures etc. but im still working on perfectionizing that.

Im still working on a better design as always. But I thought i keep you all updated so that i can receive some feedback and help during the way.

Soepkip (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:24:06 PM

when is anyone going to talk about how mcdoge looks like martin starr from silicon valley lol

He does, doesn't he?

It's his birthday by the way!

Show him some love:

BD1jfVTPsubNh4huar5jf18RWSqLQonGM8

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
acseric

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:27:13 PM

Man I love me some Silicon Valley!!!

Maybe we can use the original garage door logo for blackcoin!

HA!
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:35:47 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 08:21:36 PM by digicidal

Re: the last sentence, I am sure many leaders have thought the same thing as they banned free press and took control of tv broadcasting etc Cheesy

If "free speech" got us to the point where the prior thread had to be locked, I say bring on the moderation!

If you can't trust the thread sanctioned by the developer of the coin, then maybe this coin isn't for you.  As much as I was entertained by the last thread, it really reminded me of jerry springer.  or reality tv.  I prefer constructive efforts over destructive ones.

Think about what you are saying. Would you agree if I said "if you can't trust the car salesman for the car you buy etc.." ?

Actually, a more apt analogy would be "if you can't trust the car manufacturer for the car you buy..."  but I do understand your point and I agree - however, open communication carries a very significant risk (mitigated only by equally significant responsibility).  In cases such as the original thread - where responsibility is lacking - the risk sometimes becomes untenable.

I found Soepkip helpful and supportive in all of my communications with him, I found Iconic to be both fantastically enthusiastic and positive, while also divisively vitriolic (occasionally both in the same post).  Regardless of experience, business acumen, investment capital, etc. (or lack thereof) I will always go where the developer of a coin goes - or at least where the group he/they support most vocally goes.

That goes 10X for a dev that was as insightful and accurate as rat4 was in creating BC and it's specifications in the first place.  If I hadn't seen something that made me say "Holy crap, that's actually a really good approach" back in the beginning of February when I was shopping for a new mine & dump target... I'd have already moved on.

As it was I instead decided to mine to the end and then buy up as much as my BTC reserves would allow... best decision EVER! Cheesy
Blackall

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:41:08 PM

+1 Smiley
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:46:22 PM

Okay so after my last post about my paper wallet idea i've got some pretty positive responses and decided to work my concept out a little more. I've changed the name from "Blackcoin Safepaper" to "Blackcheque" so that you can use it also for promotional purposes like giveaways / gifts etc.

Here is the new design and also the inner paper. Obviously i've tried to make it look a little more luxurious with some signatures etc. but im still working on perfectionizing that.

Im still working on a better design as always. But I thought i keep you all updated so that i can receive some feedback and help during the way.

Love where you're going with this. The check part is sound in design, however I believe that the font of the fronts of the cards could use some work.

Love this idea, would make a great gift to have a couple of these pre-made and then a year give them away when BC is worth x10 in price.

McKie

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:47:55 PM

Hey Guys, I need your help with choosing a perfect storage size for Blackcoin usb storage cards:

http://blackcointalk.com/index.php/topic,2252.0.html

Thanks

edit: Just in case you are wondering this was removed from IEs thread, looks like he really hates competition. I know who I would rather have moderate my thread.
acseric

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:50:41 PM

Love where you're going with this. The check part is sound in design, however I believe that the font of the fronts of the cards could use some work.

Love this idea, would make a great gift to have a couple of these pre-made and then a year give them away when BC is worth x10 in price.

McKie

I agree that the front design could be more dynamic and classy.  I am no artist, but I know when something looks cool.

The idea is KILLER!
McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:54:16 PM

Hey Guys I Need Some Help!

First, let me say this: "I LOVE WRITING!" Like, a lot. Some of the best things I've ever conveyed have been through the medium of writing. I have quite the way with words, and my rhetoric and voice is very hard to mimic by others. I want to do the most for the upcoming content curation for the PR campaign. Since I am only a decent graphic designer (better idea creation instead of actual creation).

But I need your help.

I want to create a piece that will be referenced by BCer's for a very long time. Essentially a draft of the trials and tribulations BC has faced, where it kicks ass in comparison to other alternative crypto currencies, and how I believe leadership will flourish over time and what steps are necessary to ensure continued success.

There is so much news with BC...I don't know where to start

I want to know exactly what the community thinks should be written. No matter how outlandish or difficult it may be, I want to create a community outline for a piece and then throw a weeks worth of time at it to get it perfect (To put it in perspective, I could type up an expose five pages in length in under 2hrs).

But I don't want to waste my time.

So, I think that together we should draft this outline here, in these forums -- combining everyones collaborative expertise-- in effort to create a masterpiece that will convert others to BC; the rhetoric must be emotional, yet informative; I want to tug at your emotional heartstrings, and in the end have you itching to pull out your wallet to sink your personal savings into BC.

And, god dammit I can easily do that.

Who here thinks they can help?

You got writing chops? Strut your stuff. Give me IDEAS!

McKie

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
edu91

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:04:54 PM

McKie

I agree that the front design could be more dynamic and classy.  I am no artist, but I know when something looks cool.

The idea is KILLER!

Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do. Note that im not a great designer or photoshopper hehe. Just came up with the idea and want to perfectionalize it using the community's help^^
Soepkip (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:06:09 PM

McKie

The idea is KILLER!

Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do. Note that im not a great designer or photoshopper hehe. Just came up with the idea and want to perfectionalize it using the community's help^^

I do really like the idea of these cards, especially since they kind of look like 'Nationale Bioscoop Bon' Wink

████
██████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
digicidal

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:06:24 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 10:01:22 PM by digicidal

... +1

I think this is coming along nicely!  Keep it up.

One possibility I can think (because let's face it - designs in all black are difficult to 'dress up') is having the black envelope be printed with the BC logo - but repeated and glossy.  I'm not sure if I'm describing this correctly, but essentially a relief design (without the costly embossing required).  The black of the envelope is matte due to the paper but the logos are like a glossy clear-coat.

I remember getting a prospectus some years back that was similar and I really though it looked slick.  It gives a contrast due to reflected light but also has a different 'feel' when you touch it. Smiley

Still I admit that I have no idea what the cost increase would be in printing them this way... who knows, it might be just as cheap to simply emboss the logo into the envelope paper as this could probably be done at the same time that the 'amount window' was punched.
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:08:00 PM

McKie

The idea is KILLER!

It looks really nice, just don't post in IEs thread he hates competition.
digicidal

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:19:06 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 10:01:52 PM by digicidal

While it's to be expected, I think we should try to keep the back-and-forth to a minimum.  Obviously his thread is going to be full of his supporters, and this one will not be.  However, part of what will ultimately determine community support is keeping our heads above the fray so to speak.  I will try my best to take my own advice in this as well - as I do still feel 'itchy' after the past few days! Wink

On that front I don't really see this as competition or either of the USB cards - because it will really appeal to a different audience.  At the same time, I do think they can be incredibly complementary.  Also for bigger promotions, the USB cards - no matter who's cards they are - are not really practical at all.

I think the paper-wallet approach is much more conducive to things like an airdrop at MIT or CalTech or whatever, like was discussed earlier.  If you're putting 25BC on a wallet that cost 100BC to buy in the first place... then the bulk of the funds invested in the venture will be actually given to the card producer (or the Chinese manufacturer of them) - not the people who we would be hoping to reach with the campaign.

For personal use or gifts to friends/family where they are exchanged in person or used to store one's own wallet(s) - the USB cards are fantastic.  I keep my own cash in a ~$100 leather wallet... but I don't buy a similar leather wallet to give my nephew $50 for his birthday... I use a $4 birthday card for that. Wink
Soepkip (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:20:51 PM

McKie

The idea is KILLER!

While it's to be expected, I think we should try to keep the back-and-forth to a minimum.  Obviously his thread is going to be full of his supporters, and this one will not be.  However, part of what will ultimately determine community support is keeping our heads above the fray so to speak.  I will try my best to take my own advice in this as well - as I do still feel 'itchy' after the past few days! Wink

On that front I don't really see this as competition or either of the USB cards - because it will really appeal to a different audience.  At the same time, I do think they can be incredibly complementary.  Also for bigger promotions, the USB cards - no matter who's cards they are - are not really practical at all.

I think the paper-wallet approach is much more conducive to things like an airdrop at MIT or CalTech or whatever, like was discussed earlier.  If you're putting 25BC on a wallet that cost 100BC to buy in the first place... then the bulk of the funds invested in the venture will be actually given to the card producer (or the Chinese manufacturer of them) - not the people who we would be hoping to reach with the campaign.

For personal use or gifts to friends/family where they are exchanged in person or used to store one's own wallet(s) - the USB cards are fantastic.  I keep my own cash in a ~$100 leather wallet... but I don't buy a similar leather wallet to give my nephew $50 for his birthday... I use a $4 birthday card for that. Wink

Hehe, that is quite the analogy indeed. Although i think the cards from Drastic do have a place. Waiting for a picture with a BLK logo on there Smiley

████
██████████████████████

bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:22:18 PM

Accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative

Let's do this!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: