Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:36:43 PM

Judge, can we move from this topic to self moderated. And close this one?
But the way: What, if we start the new one coin. And start the ipo with ability to invest in this new coin by Silks. Is this real? Is this good idea?
thanks.

I dont want to manage Silk Revival, but I will help advise.

There needs to be a new LEAD agreed to upon ASAP.  Then the old dev need to send the 8btc to the new LEAD.

The new LEAD can make the new thread.

I hope people can save what they can out of this.  The dev is a liar, but hammering him now is not going to help.  We need him to turn keys including funds to new LEAD.

I think there is going to be some significant fallout on this coin seeing how some folks may have lost a lot of money. I will keep my investment on the off chance it returns, because I kept my risks low. However, if I was the DEV, I would not want to be in their shoes. People don't like to lose "big money".

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
mikesrevenge

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:52:00 PM

I want my $4 back!  thats 4 mcdoubles dammit! /sarcasm
ymod123

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:54:08 PM

And i want my 2 btc back.......
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:56:09 PM

So was this really because no one checked the SSL version in the code?  Sorry if I'm a little behind on things.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:56:30 PM

Guys we all go screwed.  I'm lucky I sold most of my coins at the beginning of the last dump but the coins i have left are worthless.  It's best to go for a coin that has an honest developer.  At the moment I have high hopes for Mjollnircoin but the problem is honest developers aren't the best at marketing or getting noticed.  I suppose it's always a gamble in crypto.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 08:58:17 PM

EDIT: I will help find the new lead and offer advice, but I dont want to hold the BTC.  I think it should be someone with no connection to old team at all. A senior community member.  I would be ok if bholzer, you held it.

They could use my escrow. I am not expensive and I use paper wallets for it. Check https://www.badass.sx
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:58:42 PM

Already there is one positive example of code corrections and revival of the coin after stopping trading on Mintpal and Cryptsy. I'm talking about Asiacoin and its strong community.

Really?  Asiacoin - REVIVAL - you must be on some serious drugs.
j5crypto

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:58:50 PM

You guys are kidding yourself if you think the old dev is going to give up 8btc to a new dev.  

Proposal (A),  A removal of bad code / revert to previous working wallet.

The nexxt step is a fork. A community takeover of sorts. People need to come out now and speak up if they have the skills to contribute to a reverse cluster ____. If no one speaks up this could die off. The community is the value and without it its toast. Fontas was right the lead dev is a cornered kid who needs to pass the torch. This project could be fixed, i have even thought of doing a fork but had trouble with compiling this new wallet.

ymod123

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:59:47 PM

Guys we all go screwed.  I'm lucky I sold most of my coins at the beginning of the last dump but the coins i have left are worthless.  It's best to go for a coin that has an honest developer.  At the moment I have high hopes for Mjollnircoin but the problem is honest developers aren't the best at marketing or getting noticed.  I suppose it's always a gamble in crypto.
All we need is a hero will save SC
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:02:48 PM

So was this really because no one checked the SSL version in the code?  Sorry if I'm a little behind on things.

Well, let me tell you one thing. I was the one who pointed Silkcoin to the bug. It uses the OpenSSL version of which has the 5th of June bug. A man in the middle attack is possible in the interaction of which you could changes the keys for a less stronger one and decrypt it to place different values in the communication. He already told me last week that he did not know how he had to upgrade it, but i told him it was very important to upgrade.

So, all the wallets out there are vulnerable for this attack. And it seems that he use this problem now to give a reason for all this shit.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:03:26 PM

All we need is a hero will save SC

Nothing can save it.  It's over and anyone who thinks there is a way back is in denial.  There are a shitload of real coins with real developers that aren't doing well.  Why would anyone invest in a revived scam versus a genuine coin?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:06:31 PM

It's best to go for a coin that has an honest developer.

I stepped in VRC. Very promising coin, but with a more different road map then this coin. I like the idea behind this coin and i hope someone will do a fork of this with a proper dev team which reveals themselves from the beginning. I am also willing to invest again in this coin, but the original dev needs to go. Hence, he isn't a dev at all  Roll Eyes
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:07:13 PM

Judge, can we move from this topic to self moderated. And close this one?
But the way: What, if we start the new one coin. And start the ipo with ability to invest in this new coin by Silks. Is this real? Is this good idea?
thanks.

I dont want to manage Silk Revival, but I will help advise.

There needs to be a new LEAD agreed to upon ASAP.  Then the old dev need to send the 8btc to the new LEAD.

The new LEAD can make the new thread.

I hope people can save what they can out of this.  The dev is a liar, but hammering him now is not going to help.  We need him to turn keys including funds to new LEAD.

I'll tell you what, guys - if you can convince this dev to pay out 8 BTC for the revival of SilkCoin, I am willing to at least get the wallets all built on the latest Bitcoin Core 0.9.2.1 source and all security issues resolved. This includes updated source on GitHub, Windows Qt 32/64 wallets, Mac OS X Qt wallet, and Linux 32/64 Qt wallets. I would also help to ease the transition over to a new development/management team and oversee things for at least few weeks. For this, my price would be 6 BTC which could be paid upon completion and delivery of the fixed+updated clients. The remaining 2 BTC could be used as an incentive to attract some additional talent. Keep in mind I'm not willing to accept payment from members of the community for this - I would only accept the BTC from the developer as a gesture of good faith. The BTC could be held in escrow until I follow through on what I have promised - from everything I have read, I trust judgecrypto and would prefer he becomes the money man (the dev could send him the BTC and he could manage the escrow situation/etc).

I am extremely busy but if I can save a sinking ship and help patch up a wound to the cryptocurrency movement and community as a whole, I believe it is important enough to offer my assistance if you should need it.

This sounds like a good plan... Then he can turn over the ship to someone new.  I agree the 8 BTC has to come from old dev.

This will get your wallets working, secure, and good on the exchanges.

EDIT: I will help find the new lead and offer advice, but I dont want to hold the BTC.  I think it should be someone with no connection to old team at all. A senior community member.  I would be ok if bholzer, you held it.

Just keep me in the loop as things progress, guys - I will remain on standby. Hopefully this dev is willing to use a small percentage of his profits here to help make things right with this great community who supported and believed in him through all of this. There is clearly a mess here but I am confident I can help you guys get it cleaned up and back on track.

If we can ensure Silkcoin is stable and utilizing the latest technology, at least we will have a strong, stable base to begin building everything back on top of. Yes there are a few black eyes here but this isn't a TKO - it happens - I've seen much more difficult comebacks than this succeed and you would be amazed what a supportive community can do. Again, I wouldn't be able to commit to being the lead dev for an extended period of time (I have my own coin and community that I need to begin increasing my focus on as-is) but would certainly get everything fixed, up to date, and out of this rut while easing the transition to the new team. Also, I could help with the marketing and PR strategy while qualifying potential new talent interested in joining the team. I have been in the startup world for many years (I am the co-founder of SnapAppointments) and have seen situations similar to this a number of times. I am also very familiar with the latest Bitcoin Core source (I am an active contributor to the project) and recently updated Murraycoin to the 0.9.2 source.

Just one of many options, I'm sure. If a better offer comes along that's fine too - I am willing to assist in any capacity. If we want to continue to build this cryptocurrency movement, we can't leave behind a battlefield full of dead coins. No man coin is left behind!

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
ymod123

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:09:51 PM

It's best to go for a coin that has an honest developer.

I stepped in VRC. Very promising coin, but with a more different road map then this coin. I like the idea behind this coin and i hope someone will do a fork of this with a proper dev team which reveals themselves from the beginning. I am also willing to invest again in this coin, but the original dev needs to go. Hence, he isn't a dev at all  Roll Eyes

I still have a lot of coins in mintpal i still beleive
Someone can turn this around Do u think still possible
Someone can turn this around?
sualesso

Activity: 136

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:14:50 PM

dont eat that amero plastic.... Huh Wink
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:14:55 PM

Wow - I'm just shocked at how this unfolded  Roll Eyes

Isn't it funny how I gave you guys great advice and yet everybody hates me for it? Who doesn't wish they would have sold at 7000 like I told you too? I wouldn't have been here if I wasn't certain this was a scam, guys. The dev is a scammer - he's scammed people before and he will scam people again. Next time, feel free to ask me to analyze a coin before you buy into it and I will give you my honest assessment. Stop losing money! I'm happy to help.

I would have actually listened to you if you did not come across as such a dick, i actually sold mine last night after going by Judge Crypto's Advice.
Ironically, i still made a profit, since they are still trading at more than what i paid for them!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:15:52 PM

You want my advice bro? i tell you my advice. Use your btc's for another coin and no, i'm not gonna promote a coin right now ( i already did Smiley). Until there are signs that this coin can be picked up by a dev team which reveals themselves from the start and are open to the community, then i will buy myself in for at least 5btc. But for now this coin is fucked. The wallets are vulnerable for man in the middle attacks and so are the exchanges. If i do a two day work I could get every coin each exchange has.  
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:18:32 PM

What I'm posting here is what I've done and experienced with the SilkCoin team over the past month that I've been with them. As some of you may know I started out as an avid supporter of SilkCoin, and I became an even bigger supporter when I was added to the SilkCoin team. I would just like to notify the community of all the things I've done for SilkCoin.

These are all of the things that I've done for SilkCoin

• I was the person who conceptualized mysilkcoin.com
  • I organized our whole team to work on a dedicated team management platform
  • I spearheaded Operation Shock & Awe
  • I designed, scripted and produced the Introductory video for SilkCoin
  • I designed all graphical elements in the OP
  • I redesigned the whole SilkCoin wallet UI to take it from what it looked originally to how it does now.
  • I came up with the SilkReich Parody video series for SilkCoin
  • I was the one who proposed the idea for the Oculus Rift Competition, and the I was the one who went about the whole process

That's not all though, I had more for SilkCoin up my sleeve. These pictures below are what would have been the new Trading page and the Eco-System launch page, everything was designed and ready I was just waiting for the developers to implement it :

New Trading Page

In total I must have spent close to 300 solid hours of work trying to take SilkCoin to the top, all to no avail. Why did I do it? I knew that if SilkCoin became one of the top 5 coins, which it had more than enough potential to do, I would never have to work again in my life. I poured everything into this coin, heart, wallet and time, so believe me that if anyone is disappointed it's me.

Whichever way you look at it now, SilkCoin is dead. I have a plan to appease everyone though. I've spoken with a few people and I plan to fork SilkCoin and release it as a new coin with new branding. See the paper here for more details : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L8VDgnu5J6mUCFrw9WmO_TiloSdyga6BhxyNA1qPRug/edit?usp=sharing

To everyone interested in this new fork, please PM me.
ymod123

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:19:12 PM

You want my advice bro? i tell you my advice. Use your btc's for another coin and no, i'm not gonna promote a coin right now ( i already did Smiley). Until there are signs that this coin can be picked up by a dev team which reveals themselves from the start and are open to the community, then i will buy myself in for at least 5btc. But for now this coin is fucked. The wallets are vulnerable for man in the middle attacks and so are the exchanges. If i do a two day work I could get every coin each exchange has.  

Tnx ...for the advice
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:19:53 PM

But if you fork it, can the old coins still be used?
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: