Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:22:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:20:18 PM

Wow - I'm just shocked at how this unfolded  Roll Eyes

Isn't it funny how I gave you guys great advice and yet everybody hates me for it? Who doesn't wish they would have sold at 7000 like I told you too? I wouldn't have been here if I wasn't certain this was a scam, guys. The dev is a scammer - he's scammed people before and he will scam people again. Next time, feel free to ask me to analyze a coin before you buy into it and I will give you my honest assessment. Stop losing money! I'm happy to help.

I would have actually listened to you if you did not come across as such a dick, i actually sold mine last night after going by Judge Crypto's Advice.
Ironically, i still made a profit, since they are still trading at more than what i paid for them!

Ah, MEGAman - herein lies his problem: rage. His underlying messages, while primarily well-intended and on-point, are laced with condescending rage. If he intends to continue fighting the good fight, his delivery will require significant adjustment.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:21:05 PM

TL;DR...

Can someone summarize the bug. It's just code, it can be modified. Did they break the blockchain or what?

Any community members have access to the GITHUB? Is someone already looking at "the bug"... Will the devs turn over the github to us?

I'll hold to zero, for every coin someone is selling someone else is buying.

All i know thus far , is honeybadger from poloniex has looked at the code..

He says their is NO bug at all

latest info

Sorry, I need to clarify this. I believe I was misunderstood. What I said was that I had not looked for the bug in the code. As far as I know, there has not yet been a full review of the code to find this new "0 conf" bug after Silkcoin's initial post was released about the issue.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:21:15 PM

I still have a lot of coins in mintpal i still beleive
Someone can turn this around Do u think still possible
Someone can turn this around?

You want my advice bro? i tell you my advice. Use your btc's for another coin and no, i'm not gonna promote a coin right now ( i already did Smiley). Until there are signs that this coin can be picked up by a dev team which reveals themselves from the start and are open to the community, then i will buy myself in for at least 5btc. But for now this coin is fucked. The wallets are vulnerable for man in the middle attacks and so are the exchanges. If i do a two day work I could get every coin each exchange has.  

u wont, withdrawals and deposits are frozen on the exchanges.

but well jokes aside, i hope someone in the community can step up and take the lead here.
dev might be a kid, but the idea behind sc is more then great...

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:23:49 PM

Sending all my coins to WC --it's been through the scam phase already. Good luck folks!

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:24:54 PM

What I'm posting here is what I've done and experienced with the SilkCoin team over the past month that I've been with them. As some of you may know I started out as an avid supporter of SilkCoin, and I became an even bigger supporter when I was added to the SilkCoin team. I would just like to notify the community of all the things I've done for SilkCoin.

These are all of the things that I've done for SilkCoin

• I was the person who conceptualized mysilkcoin.com
  • I organized our whole team to work on a dedicated team management platform
  • I spearheaded Operation Shock & Awe
  • I designed, scripted and produced the Introductory video for SilkCoin
  • I designed all graphical elements in the OP
  • I redesigned the whole SilkCoin wallet UI to take it from what it looked originally to how it does now.
  • I came up with the SilkReich Parody video series for SilkCoin
  • I was the one who proposed the idea for the Oculus Rift Competition, and the I was the one who went about the whole process

That's not all though, I had more for SilkCoin up my sleeve. These pictures below are what would have been the new Trading page and the Eco-System launch page, everything was designed and ready I was just waiting for the developers to implement it :

New Trading Page

In total I must have spent close to 300 solid hours of work trying to take SilkCoin to the top, all to no avail. Why did I do it? I knew that if SilkCoin became one of the top 5 coins, which it had more than enough potential to do, I would never have to work again in my life. I poured everything into this coin, heart, wallet and time, so believe me that if anyone is disappointed it's me.

Whichever way you look at it now, SilkCoin is dead. I have a plan to appease everyone though. I've spoken with a few people and I plan to fork SilkCoin and release it as a new coin with new branding. See the paper here for more details : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L8VDgnu5J6mUCFrw9WmO_TiloSdyga6BhxyNA1qPRug/edit?usp=sharing

To everyone interested in this new fork, please PM me.

Wulfcastle, I must say that I believe you are the sole reason Silkcoin reached the success it did. You are a creative genius and are your work is what got me into this coin to begin with. I would be happy to follow you onto your next journey. The crypto-community needs more design/creative talents like yourself to push this movement into the mainstream consciousness. I see bright things ahead in your future.
2941digger

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:25:47 PM

EDIT: I will help find the new lead and offer advice, but I dont want to hold the BTC.  I think it should be someone with no connection to old team at all. A senior community member.  I would be ok if bholzer, you held it.

They could use my escrow. I am not expensive and I use paper wallets for it. Check https://www.badass.sx

I vote for send this guy the 8 btc.

I vote for bholzer to fix the wallets.

I vote for judgecrpyto to find a new lead.

I vote we make a SC deposit address (when wallets work) and fund it for the new team.

I commit to send 10k SC.

also....  #$%^&*((*&^%$#

Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:26:24 PM

What I'm posting here is what I've done and experienced with the SilkCoin team over the past month that I've been with them. As some of you may know I started out as an avid supporter of SilkCoin, and I became an even bigger supporter when I was added to the SilkCoin team. I would just like to notify the community of all the things I've done for SilkCoin.

• I redesigned the whole SilkCoin wallet UI to take it from what it looked originally to how it does now.
  • I was the one who proposed the idea for the Oculus Rift Competition, and the I was the one who went about the whole process

That's not all though, I had more for SilkCoin up my sleeve. These pictures below are what would have been the new Trading page and the Eco-System launch page, everything was designed and ready I was just waiting for the developers to implement it :

New Trading Page

In total I must have spent close to 300 solid hours of work trying to take SilkCoin to the top, all to no avail. Why did I do it? I knew that if SilkCoin became one of the top 5 coins, which it had more than enough potential to do, I would never have to work again in my life. I poured everything into this coin, heart, wallet and time, so believe me that if anyone is disappointed it's me.

Whichever way you look at it now, SilkCoin is dead. I have a plan to appease everyone though. I've spoken with a few people and I plan to fork SilkCoin and release it as a new coin with new branding. See the paper here for more details : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L8VDgnu5J6mUCFrw9WmO_TiloSdyga6BhxyNA1qPRug/edit?usp=sharing

Dude I am in!!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:27:53 PM

New Trading Page

You have been spot on with your work, great to see some one that dedicated, I hope they have been paying you very well for what you did.
j5crypto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:29:15 PM

New Trading Page

This is something that I could get behind. Most of what I like about this coin came from Wulfcastle. The original dev(project manager) did great work recruting wulfcastle and other devs to do the coding of the wallet also, but its time to move on. If you just fire the old president and get a new one its still the same old company. Starting a new coins is all new and headed by someone we all know does great work.
ymod123

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:31:38 PM

New Trading Page

This is something that I could get behind.

What will happen to the old Sc coins?
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:32:48 PM

Yes, I would be interest in getting this coin back into the hands of an adept dev, etc. I actually listened to MEGAman this time and sold long ago, but continued to read this thread to see outcome. That being said, I also saw how great the silkcoin community is and what a shame this happened. I am nobody, but don't like to see anyone being taken advantage of either so I think Wulfcastle has a great plan and hopefully it can get this coin on its feet again. Good luck!!
insom

Activity: 276

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:33:05 PM

1:1 swap ploks!
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:33:24 PM

New Trading Page

This is something that I could get behind.

What will happen to the old Sc coins?

Does it really matter, they are worth nothing now as it is. So if we were to lose them with a fork, they are lost right now anyway. If the exchanges were to open SC right now, it would hit 1 sat faster than you can blink
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:34:31 PM

New Trading Page

Although I feel you would have some solid support from this community I highly suggest going a different way with it completely.  If you try to shadow silk you will always be a shadow of silk.  Rebranding will not take it further then it was.  The best bet is to show what you have done and have a completely new design, new coin with the wulfcastle name behind it. Show that you are coming from the better part of silk and the reason silk did so well.   If you can show this and create a completely new brand, new coin.  I think it would go twice as far.  Nothing to hold it back.  

Personally I think a re-brand is a mistake.  It would do ok but I do not think it would do as well as a completely new coin.  Theres plenty of other smooth names to come up with Tongue

2nd idea.. you could always join the piggy team and help push a coin that deserves the effort to the top Smiley. Just sayin Tongue
Darkmagus

Activity: 82

Yolo!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:35:12 PM

u really think all those holders with millions of silk is just gonna abandon the coin and let all their investment go down the toilet....somehow this is gonna get back up. Just need new competent developers to continue.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:37:00 PM

New Trading Page

Although I feel you would have some solid support from this community I highly suggest going a different way with it completely.  If you try to shadow silk you will always be a shadow of silk.  Rebranding will not take it further then it was.  The best bet is to show what you have done and have a completely new design, new coin with the wulfcastle name behind it. Show that you are coming from the better part of silk and the reason silk did so well.   If you can show this and create a completely new brand, new coin.  I think it would go twice as far.  Nothing to hold it back.  

Personally I think a re-brand is a mistake.  It would do ok but I do not think it would do as well as a completely new coin.  Theres plenty of other smooth names to come up with Tongue

I agree with this.

Wulf if you were to take your amazing skill and start brand new I know you would have a ton of people dying to follow you. Judgecrypto is talking about wanting to start a new coin and if you two got together that would be one HELL of a start!!
j5crypto

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:38:02 PM

2nd idea.. you could always join the piggy team and help push a coin that deserves the effort to the top Smiley. Just sayin Tongue

piggy is no silkcoin

did you see the mockup. its Silky and it looks amazing.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:38:32 PM

I have accepted my losses but knowing how much time and effort Wulf put into this I am so angry now at the dev. I wish someone would find him and beat those 8btc out of him. He is a worthless punk and needs to be dealt with firmly!
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:39:22 PM

Yes, and then you could have an IPO to turn in SC for new coin. It would be a premine in a way but for the new coin which I think would be a good deal to have. Better than nothing right. And if new coin went to the moon, all the better and people would have recouped losses.
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:40:58 PM

If you have a rebrand with people like wulfcaste and judgecrypto, I think it will work.

You have a good base to work on, I think a whole new coin is quite some more work.

Why not open a poll and let 'community' decide?
Pages: « 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: