Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:35:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
ethereal73

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:13:58 PM

What is the SC community gonna do, taking on to the challenge, or give it up, and keep complaining another page or 400?
Who has the skills to take over the coin, who is willing to join the development team. and so on.
All of the new core members should open there real identity, if they don't move on.
Let's see who in this community has Steel balls.

I personally hope 'Silkcoin' will take up the offer made by bholzer.
If he does I'll happily stick with it.
I can help start  a team, will not enter the team or will take money, i just love challenges like this.

Okay, lets see how fast we can get a thrustworthy development team together.
bholzer, is your offer still standing, and are you willing to open your true identity?

Come on, there must be more people with skills who love a challenge!

2941digger

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:14:48 PM

So all the coins have i left is worthless now?

Yes!

And megaman and gorillajam: SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Dude what the hell is wrong with you? Have you read a word I said? Wulfcastle is the Silkcoin dev! He is the guy that ripped you off in the first place and you're going to let him do it again? Either you're in on this or you are one stupid bastard. This is fucking sick either way. You people are sick.

please man stop.

you were right. we were idiots. we will be again. i'm sure.

please stop flooding the thread with it.

if you need to help us out some more, just tone it down a hair

Hi,

Actually he does help, wakening up the whole community.
And he is right, a community will not wake if you just whisper a bit!.
As it is now SC is dead, has no value at all, and is pretty much a worthless bunch off bits and bytes.
You can keep complaining all you want, it will not change a single bit.

What is the SC community gonna do, taking on to the challenge, or give it up, and keep complaining another page or 400?
Who has the skills to take over the coin, who is willing to join the development team. and so on.
All of the new core members should open there real identity, if they don't move on.

complaining? i'm just asking for calmer discussion here.

see me trying to vote several times for bholzer's offer in the previous pages

"I'll tell you what, guys - if you can convince this dev to pay out 8 BTC for the revival of SilkCoin (I believe this to be only a fraction of what he earned on this particular grift), I am willing to at least get the wallets all built on the latest Bitcoin Core 0.9.2.1 source and all security issues resolved. This includes updated source on GitHub, Windows Qt 32/64 wallets, Mac OS X Qt wallet, and Linux 32/64 Qt wallets. I would also help to ease the transition over to a new development/management team and oversee things for at least few weeks. For this, my price would be 6 BTC which could be paid upon completion and delivery of the fixed+updated clients. The remaining 2 BTC could be used as an incentive to attract some additional talent. Keep in mind I'm not willing to accept payment from members of the community for this - I would only accept the BTC from the developer as a gesture of good faith. The BTC could be held in escrow until I follow through on what I have promised - from everything I have read, I trust judgecrypto and would prefer he becomes the money man (the dev could send him the BTC and he could manage the escrow situation/etc).

I am extremely busy but if I can save a sinking ship and help patch up a wound to the cryptocurrency movement and community as a whole, I believe it is important enough to offer my assistance if you should need it."

if there is ANY community to this coin, make yourself heard.

say "I vote for _______________"

maybe offer up some  SC shitcoin instead of selling at 500 sat. whats the diff?

bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 11:18:34 PM

I can help start  a team, will not enter the team or will take money, i just love challenges like this.

bholzer, is your offer still standing, and are you willing to open your true identity?

Offer still stands, yes. I certainly have no issues with revealing my identity; a number of people on this forum know me personally anyway. You guys decide what you want to do and get back to me; I'm not going anywhere.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
ethereal73

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:23:10 PM

So all the coins have i left is worthless now?

Yes!

And megaman and gorillajam: SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Dude what the hell is wrong with you? Have you read a word I said? Wulfcastle is the Silkcoin dev! He is the guy that ripped you off in the first place and you're going to let him do it again? Either you're in on this or you are one stupid bastard. This is fucking sick either way. You people are sick.

please man stop.

you were right. we were idiots. we will be again. i'm sure.

please stop flooding the thread with it.

if you need to help us out some more, just tone it down a hair

Hi,

Actually he does help, wakening up the whole community.
And he is right, a community will not wake if you just whisper a bit!.
As it is now SC is dead, has no value at all, and is pretty much a worthless bunch off bits and bytes.
You can keep complaining all you want, it will not change a single bit.

complaining? i'm just asking for calmer discussion here.

see me trying to vote several times for bholzer's offer in the previous pages

"I'll tell you what, guys - if you can convince this dev to pay out 8 BTC for the revival of SilkCoin (I believe this to be only a fraction of what he earned on this particular grift), I am willing to at least get the wallets all built on the latest Bitcoin Core 0.9.2.1 source and all security issues resolved. This includes updated source on GitHub, Windows Qt 32/64 wallets, Mac OS X Qt wallet, and Linux 32/64 Qt wallets. I would also help to ease the transition over to a new development/management team and oversee things for at least few weeks. For this, my price would be 6 BTC which could be paid upon completion and delivery of the fixed+updated clients. The remaining 2 BTC could be used as an incentive to attract some additional talent. Keep in mind I'm not willing to accept payment from members of the community for this - I would only accept the BTC from the developer as a gesture of good faith. The BTC could be held in escrow until I follow through on what I have promised - from everything I have read, I trust judgecrypto and would prefer he becomes the money man (the dev could send him the BTC and he could manage the escrow situation/etc).

I am extremely busy but if I can save a sinking ship and help patch up a wound to the cryptocurrency movement and community as a whole, I believe it is important enough to offer my assistance if you should need it."

if there is ANY community to this coin, make yourself heard.

say "I vote for _______________"

maybe offer up some  SC shitcoin instead of selling at 500 sat. whats the diff?

Yes complaining, he is putting it right in your face for a reason, open your eyes, he is direct maybe too, but he still is right.
don't shoot the messenger!
Now move on.

Why the **** would the old dev put 8btc in this?
Did he react?
Is this community strong enough to get this coin on track again?
There are more ways to get money together.
Forget the old team, they screwed up, period.

xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:24:36 PM

Stop the debate, the community needs to take over and to save this coin, we might also need to release SilkCoin ver 2.0 (SC2) soon

FredDag

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:25:24 PM

Just keep me in the loop as things progress, guys - I will remain on standby. Hopefully this dev is willing to use a small percentage of his profits here to help make things right with this great community who supported and believed in him through all of this. There is clearly a mess here but I am confident I can help you guys get it cleaned up and back on track.

If we can ensure Silkcoin is stable and utilizing the latest technology, at least we will have a strong, stable base to begin building everything back on top of. Yes there are a few black eyes here but this isn't a TKO - it happens - I've seen much more difficult comebacks than this succeed and you would be amazed what a supportive community can do. Again, I wouldn't be able to commit to being the lead dev for an extended period of time (I have my own coin and community that I need to begin increasing my focus on as-is) but would certainly get everything fixed, up to date, and out of this rut while easing the transition to the new team. Also, I could help with the marketing and PR strategy while qualifying potential new talent interested in joining the team. I have been in the startup world for many years (I am the co-founder of SnapAppointments) and have seen situations similar to this a number of times. I am also very familiar with the latest Bitcoin Core source (I am an active contributor to the project) and recently updated Murraycoin to the 0.9.2 source.

Just one of many options, I'm sure. If a better offer comes along that's fine too - I am willing to assist in any capacity. If we want to continue to build this cryptocurrency movement, we can't leave behind a battlefield full of dead coins. No man coin is left behind!

Why nobody is considering seriously this offer? or am I missing something?

I 'hope' there are negotiations going on behind the scenes.
This looks to be a great offer from a reputable member. It would be a shame to see SC die when there are options like this available.

In the event 'Silkcoin' will not part with the 8 BTC, i wonder if bholzer would still consider doing the upgrade in exchange for payment by the community. Huh

MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:26:00 PM

Offer still stands, yes. I certainly have no issues with revealing my identity; a number of people on this forum know me personally anyway. You guys decide what you want to do and get back to me; I'm not going anywhere.

They don't deserve you man. Shit if you take this thing over I can't rip on it anymore  Angry

Also remember when I proposed my coin idea and you told me you didn't have time?
ethereal73

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:29:38 PM

They don't deserve you man. Shit if you take this thing over I can't rip on it anymore  Angry

Also remember when I proposed my coin idea and you told me you didn't have time?

I see you react over and over again.
And for some reason i wanna know what you are willing to do?
Looks like you have ideas.

2941digger

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:31:04 PM

the main issue would be that it is not seeming too likely that anyone but the holders of sc would pay you for your work.

you may know otherwise.

you made it a condition that the dev fork over the 8btc

is there a chance that condition can be negotiated"

daywalkerneo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

http://qoinpro.com/cc9596f66d20add189728cb834d59b8

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 11:33:54 PM

Was in Durban Area 7 days ago, if I knew this I would've whooped his ass haha

Still think with proper devs this coin has a lot of potential though!!

ITS A FUCKING CLONE WITH FAKE PROMISES!!!

Go buy blackcoin if you think its good. man is this a learning disability forum i've stumbled into.

What I find infuriating is the developer has about a bazzilion sockpuppets. He did the same with all his other scams. THIS IS NOT HIS FIRST.

Nummus
Edgecoin
Coinmart

same shit everytime. This guy has more enemies now that black people in SA. He's living on borrowed time lol

very true lots of puppets trolling twitter promoting these shit coins silkcoin is dead and f  all the scammers who are out to rip everyone off. ppl can tell who the fakes are.

@theadamgarrity via twitter

MARYJ DEVELOPER   https://www.facebook.com/aw.concentrates
pgb

Activity: 212

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:43:29 PM

My vote to take the offer bholzer kindly put forward. Next step Dev hands the 8BTC back to the community and bholzer, as he said in a previous post, will be paid once he delivers the necessary fixes. There is still a chance this could become something special if handled properly. What do you guys think?

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
nexus2k14

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:45:25 PM

I want to share me experience with you, I begin with crypto in Feb this year, so far all coins I choice died/fail/scam or just not gained much attention like chain coin for example. Only coin that is alive is BlackCoin, I mined and I keep for long term investemnt. Asiacoin I purchased some off the exchange scam, whitecoin didn't post,and keep goin on and on... it was so many I can't remember, just keep in mind like someone said somewhere on this forum I know is hard to belive but it's true:

99% coins are scam, I think is a lot true in that
bholzer

Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 11:54:34 PM

Your idea was fine; your proposal where I did all of the work and split everything 50/50 with you was the primary issue. Also, it's a lot of work launching a new coin from scratch. My time is quite limited and I choose the additional projects I take on carefully; SilkCoin already has a community, widespread exchange support, and other important elements that otherwise take time to establish. In addition, there are a number of people here who were burned and, if I can help to rectify that, that is yet another reason why I am willing to make time for this. I believe it's for the greater good of cryptocurrency and, really, humanity in general - we can help create a bright light in an otherwise dark, unforgiving sea.

Just keep me in the loop as things progress, guys - I will remain on standby. Hopefully this dev is willing to use a small percentage of his profits here to help make things right with this great community who supported and believed in him through all of this. There is clearly a mess here but I am confident I can help you guys get it cleaned up and back on track.

If we can ensure Silkcoin is stable and utilizing the latest technology, at least we will have a strong, stable base to begin building everything back on top of. Yes there are a few black eyes here but this isn't a TKO - it happens - I've seen much more difficult comebacks than this succeed and you would be amazed what a supportive community can do. Again, I wouldn't be able to commit to being the lead dev for an extended period of time (I have my own coin and community that I need to begin increasing my focus on as-is) but would certainly get everything fixed, up to date, and out of this rut while easing the transition to the new team. Also, I could help with the marketing and PR strategy while qualifying potential new talent interested in joining the team. I have been in the startup world for many years (I am the co-founder of SnapAppointments) and have seen situations similar to this a number of times. I am also very familiar with the latest Bitcoin Core source (I am an active contributor to the project) and recently updated Murraycoin to the 0.9.2 source.

Just one of many options, I'm sure. If a better offer comes along that's fine too - I am willing to assist in any capacity. If we want to continue to build this cryptocurrency movement, we can't leave behind a battlefield full of dead coins. No man coin is left behind!

This looks to be a great offer from a reputable member. It would be a shame to see SC die when there are options like this available.

In the event 'Silkcoin' will not part with the 8 BTC, i wonder if bholzer would still consider doing the upgrade in exchange for payment by the community. Huh

Obviously, my first choice was to obtain the funds from the developers; it is growing increasingly obvious that is not going to happen. Greed is an unfortunate character flaw that we see all too often in this world. I figured there was an outside chance they would step up to the plate to help attempt to make things right; the jury is still out but I'm afraid the writing is on the wall.

You guys discuss things and weigh your options; I will come back within 12 hours to post an outline of my proposal. We will get this cleaned up.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:57:39 PM

Your idea was fine; your proposal where I did all of the work and split everything 50/50 with you was the primary issue. Also, it's a lot of work launching a new coin from scratch. My time is quite limited and I choose the additional projects I take on carefully; SilkCoin already has a community, widespread exchange support, and other important elements that otherwise take time to establish. In addition, there are a number of people here who were burned and, if I can help to rectify that, that is yet another reason why I am willing to make time for this. I believe it's for the greater good of cryptocurrency and, really, humanity in general - we can help create a bright light in an otherwise dark, unforgiving sea.

Obviously, my first choice was to obtain the funds from the developers; it is growing increasingly obvious that is not going to happen. Greed is an unfortunate character flaw that we see all too often in this world. I figured there was an outside chance they would step up to the plate to help attempt to make things right; the jury is still out but I'm afraid the writing is on the wall.

You guys discuss things and weigh your options; I will come back within 12 hours to post an outline of my proposal. We will get this cleaned up.

Dude you have restored my faith in humanity. You have no idea how much this would mean to so many people.
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:58:49 PM

God I am half tempted to buy up some dirt ass cheap coins right now
komodovpn

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:03:23 AM

dont do it

it's a waste of money

dev never delivered new wallet update, seems like yesterday's "new" dev post was a FAKE

[ Minerals ] - The most fair distribution crypto
j5crypto

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:04:40 AM

Its a scam until its not anymore. Its only a scam if you lose money. Its a scam if you dont understand it. Its not a scam until everyone says its a scam, even tho nothing has changed from the start.

people yelling scam are the same people buying in only when everyone else says its ok and they will always lose and are not good investors. Investors know what they are putting their money into and know when to take it out. I bought the crash and lost 50% of it but it was only a small amount. It was a bad buy not because it was a scam but because i didn't have all the info to make a good decision as an investor should. Will i stop buying on crashes, no way, because most of the time coins do pop back and go strong and the odds are with my strategy.
Minted

Activity: 147

DopeCoin! My Green Goddess!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:07:36 AM

Just for the record and to give all of you some faith in the resurrection of Silkcoin through community action, Whitecoin is still alive, getting stronger and going places due to the direct takeover from the community.
Today we have submitted a formal request to reserve the name "The WhiteCoin Foundation" to the Government of Nova Scotia, Canada,  the first and most important official step in our registration. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568517.msg7493242#msg7493242

When all seems lost there can be hope, with the strong action of your community who has built up in such a short period of time.
Now is not the time to give up, consider it a time to really create something special.

>>>>The future is bright! The future is DOPE!<<<<
>>>>>>>>DopeCoin!     Enough said!<<<<<<<<
komodovpn

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:09:24 AM

Just for the record and to give all of you some faith in the resurrection of Silkcoin through community action, Whitecoin is still alive, getting stronger and going places due to the direct takeover from the community.
Today we have submitted a formal request to reserve the name "The WhiteCoin Foundation" to the Government of Nova Scotia, Canada,  the first and most important official step in our registration. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568517.msg7493242#msg7493242

When all seems lost there can be hope, with the strong action of your community who has built up in such a short period of time.
Now is not the time to give up, consider it a time to really create something special.

Same can be said for Vootcoin.

Dev abandoned project and MsCollec decided to take it over and now it is doing better than ever. Anon transactions already being implemented with REAL progress being made. Unlike all these scam coins just releasing screenshots and false promises to create hype to dump coins.

[ Minerals ] - The most fair distribution crypto
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:21:06 AM

Its a scam until its not anymore. Its only a scam if you lose money. Its a scam if you dont understand it. Its not a scam until everyone says its a scam, even tho nothing has changed from the start.

people yelling scam are the same people buying in only when everyone else says its ok and they will always lose and are not good investors. Investors know what they are putting their money into and know when to take it out. I bought the crash and lost 50% of it but it was only a small amount. It was a bad buy not because it was a scam but because i didn't have all the info to make a good decision as an investor should. Will i stop buying on crashes, no way, because most of the time coins do pop back and go strong and the odds are with my strategy.

I wouldnt go as far as saying it is a scam either, but a massive failure perhaps on the devs part, if they really were scamming everyone, they would have sold the premine when SC reached 4cents.
Im killing myself that i didnt, because i would have walked away with about 22BTC.

If this can be restarted by the community, then im all in.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: