Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:14:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 [544] 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759175 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:16:06 PM

For some days now (a lot actually) an effort has been made to create many localized versions of our wallet.

By cutting and pasting, we were able to create some content, but we need your help.

Anyone who wants to assist in translation of the wallet, please visit and register an account (free) here:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whitecoin/

Also, I would like to apologize for my long absence from here and the irc, but make sure that I am watching the irc (in here it's very difficult as my browser at home crashes on me all the time and I need to re-format - but don't have the time to do that right now Smiley )

I will do my best to get more time for new features for WC, but I can always use your ideas.
But, original ideas, not copy/paste from other coin ideas. Let's try to be original Smiley

Good to know you're still involved with wc Smiley

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dusan

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:45:59 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 03:56:01 PM by dusan

i can help translate to slovak language if you give me strings i will translate them
I registered but i cant start to translate add me please

For some days now (a lot actually) an effort has been made to create many localized versions of our wallet.

By cutting and pasting, we were able to create some content, but we need your help.

Anyone who wants to assist in translation of the wallet, please visit and register an account (free) here:

Also, I would like to apologize for my long absence from here and the irc, but make sure that I am watching the irc (in here it's very difficult as my browser at home crashes on me all the time and I need to re-format - but don't have the time to do that right now Smiley )

I will do my best to get more time for new features for WC, but I can always use your ideas.
But, original ideas, not copy/paste from other coin ideas. Let's try to be original Smiley

mogonzo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:48:37 PM

Hey everyone, start buying those WC, big announcement inbound (ETA 2-3 hours).

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:02:58 PM

i can help translate to slovak language if you give me strings i will translate them
I registered but i cant start to translate add me please

PM mindfox may be does not check the forum too often.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:03:32 PM

How BIG are we talking Smiley whiteout or something else?

WhiteCoinJesus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:07:52 PM

Looks like someone is buying no matter what Magonzo is on about.
leonar76

Activity: 678
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:11:34 PM

good news.

i start to buy Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:14:53 PM

Let's hope it's whiteout, or something regarding the anon side of things.

However it if was completion of the official registration and start of working toward payment processing that would be just as good. The fact mindfox is still on board is the best news. A credible developer gives a lot of confidence to investors.

The thing about mogonzo is that he does seem to think rather bigger than most .... so i class that as a positive also.

leonar76

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:20:55 PM

i think big big news Smiley
asdf55

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:32:25 PM

good news.

i start to buy Smiley

+1 and I would prefer foundation registration Smiley

whitecointalk_com

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:45:26 PM

good news.

i start to buy Smiley

i do not get the benefit for the coin if there is a registration for the foundation...
what does it change?

hope for some goood news.. :-)
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:48:54 PM

...and then someone is selling.... Cheesy
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:52:57 PM

good news.

i start to buy Smiley

i do not get the benefit for the coin if there is a registration for the foundation...
what does it change?

I'm sure if thats the news it will be explained.  What it adds is legitimacy as a true foundation.  The mass of people have not yet adopted crypto currency.  This move beings the framework to get institutional investors and merchants to become more involved knowing there is a legal framework the foundation uses to guide the coin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
George.PK

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:54:23 PM

Man POS is going to make this coin literally go to the moon! Wink
asdf55

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:57:52 PM

good news.

i start to buy Smiley

what does it change?

I'm sure if thats the news it will be explained.  What it adds is legitimacy as a true foundation.  The mass of people have not yet adopted crypto currency.  This move beings the framework to get institutional investors and merchants to become more involved knowing there is a legal framework the foundation uses to guide the coin.

+1 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568517.msg7045384#msg7045384

surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:58:50 PM

Haha, like i ever stopped

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
mogonzo

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:06:02 PM

Hello WhiteCoiners!

Today marks a very important milestone in the history of our community. After hundreds of hours of research, phone meetings, community debate, and legal consultations, we are pleased to announce that we have submitted a formal request to reserve the name "The WhiteCoin Foundation" to the Government of Nova Scotia, Canada. This is the first and most important official step in our registration.

Many have asked what the benefit of registration is, and the answer is simple: legitimacy.

To the media -and most importantly the public- we are no longer simply a virtual group of enthusiasts. We've set ourselves apart from the many coins run by groups accountable to no one. The financial markets of the world have been watching and waiting for a group to come forward who is willing to engage with them on terms they can understand. WhiteCoin now stands apart as one of the few actively seeking users outside of crypto spheres on a grand scale.

The Media is desperate for qualified commentators who can speak on the record about our industry, and now WhiteCoin can provide this for them. For example, yesterday the Canadian Government passed legislation that directly impacts us, and they did this without engaging with our industry at all. That is completely unacceptable. But our community must also provide credible avenues for governments to engage with us. WhiteCoin has now solidified itself as one of the few who can.

As a Foundation, we'll be required to:

• Hold an Annual General Meeting (that's right, an annual WhiteCoin crypto conference!)
  • Be accountable to our membership via an official set of internal bylaws
  • Demonstrate access to $50,000 CDN in yearly funding or assets within 90 days

As a Foundation, we'll be able to easily:

• Form regional chapters
  • Engage with our members via a process they can understand and that does not slow operations
  • Engage with the media
  • Engage with governments
  • Engage with businesses
  • Engage with fiat investors who are new to crypto

Our industry has taken a stance against unneeded government interference. But this stance can only hold if we can successfully engage with the people who wield power over financial & internet regulations. Considering our community's known willingness to work with others, it's only a matter of time until The WhiteCoin Foudnation is looked to as not just a representative of WhiteCoin, but our entire industry.

Best Regards,

Chris Salsman

Acting President

The WhiteCoin Foundation

leonar76

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:09:22 PM

Hello WhiteCoiners!

Today marks a very important milestone in the history of our community. After hundreds of hours of research, phone meetings, community debate, and legal consultations, we are pleased to announce that we have submitted a formal request to reserve the name "The WhiteCoin Foundation" to the Government of Nova Scotia, Canada. This is the first and most important official step in our registration.

Many have asked what the benefit of registration is, and the answer is simple: legitimacy.

To the media -and most importantly the public- we are no longer simply a virtual group of enthusiasts. We've set ourselves apart from the many coins run by groups accountable to no one. The financial markets of the world have been watching and waiting for a group to come forward who is willing to engage with them on terms they can understand. WhiteCoin now stands apart as one of the few actively seeking users outside of crypto spheres on a grand scale.

The Media is desperate for qualified commentators who can speak on the record about our industry, and now WhiteCoin can provide this for them. For example, yesterday the Canadian Government passed legislation that directly impacts us, and they did this without engaging with our industry at all. That is completely unacceptable. But our community must also provide credible avenues for governments to engage with us. WhiteCoin has now solidified itself as one of the few who can.

• Hold an Annual General Meeting (that's right, an annual WhiteCoin crypto conference!)

• Form regional chapters
  • Engage with our members via a process they can understand and that does not slow operations
  • Engage with the media
  • Engage with businesses

Our industry has taken a stance against unneeded government interference. But this stance can only hold if we can successfully engage with the people who wield power over financial & internet regulations. Considering our community's known willingness to work with others, it's only a matter of time until The WhiteCoin Foudnation is looked to as not just a representative of WhiteCoin, but our entire industry.

Best Regards,

Chris Salsman

Acting President

The WhiteCoin Foundation

AWESOME NEWS. THANKS. WE GONNA VERY STRONG COMMUNITY.
mogonzo

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:16:44 PM

With all this in mind, I'd like to propose that we should comment on The Canadian Government's legislation from yesterday.

In my own opinion, I think the most important thing we could do is hold them to account for creating this legislation without at least seeking public comment from industry players. Instead this legislation was rammed through quietly as part of a massive omnibus budget bill. This robbed everyone of the time necessary to properly consider the best approach.

I'm going to post a draft release here tonight, but I would ask if anyone else has thoughts on yesterday's development, you can read more about it here:

http://www.coindesk.com/canadas-new-regulations-mean-bitcoin-businesses/

As most of you know, in the real world I work as a communications consultant, once this release is prepared and we have a general OK from the community, I intend to fire it out to all of my Canadian media contacts.

perysblant

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:25:31 PM

Hello WhiteCoiners!

• Form regional chapters
  • Engage with the media
  • Engage with businesses

Best Regards,

Chris Salsman

Acting President

The WhiteCoin Foundation

Great news ! #Wcf - best community & dev's ever Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 [544] 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: