Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:44:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268356 times)
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:21:12 PM

- How long has the coin been in development?

Is the start of the bitcointalk any indication of it's age? That would be very young, unless there's been ongoing development in the past. But there are no such hints in the github repository.

- When if is going to be code responsible for anonymising transaction released?

Currently the repository contains no traces of any code responsible for such features.

I've heard vague claims that the XNodes features are ought to be implemented in 3 weeks of time. That's a bold claim considering there's not even a binary release of a wallet containing such functionality.

There's not even an ongoing or planned testing phase announced by the developer or community. That's pretty crucial because lots of money is at stake. Do people really want to risk their assets in the near future? What if the implementation does not reach expectations? What if the implementation is flawed or exploitable? What if the implementation is not working? What happens when it's realesed (as claimed in 3 weeks) into the wild, to a 10$ million market. There's a reason why the likes of Zerocoin take months and are still not ready. 3 weeks is not even enough to write a moderately complex iPhone app.
Who is appointed to test and audit the code? Who is appointed to verify it?

In my industry, I can work my ass off for 3 weeks and accomplish more than a team of bureaucratic intellects get done in months - who would rather have 5 meetings a day and talk about how they should, might, and are going to do a job. All the while getting fat off shareholder money and their own self righteousness.

This dev is an honest working badass motherfucker who I'd be happy to throw a trade at. Other people here can spot it too

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mitache365

Activity: 731

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:21:13 PM

new releases, updates coming ?

BTC
candl

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:22:05 PM

Is the start of the bitcointalk any indication of it's age? That would be very young, unless there's been ongoing development in the past. But there are no such hints in the github repository.

Currently the repository contains no traces of any code responsible for such features.

I've heard vague claims that the XNodes features are ought to be implemented in 3 weeks of time. That's a bold claim considering there's not even a binary release of a wallet containing such functionality.

There's not even an ongoing or planned testing phase announced by the developer or community. That's pretty crucial because lots of money is at stake. Do people really want to risk their assets in the near future? What if the implementation does not reach expectations? What if the implementation is flawed or exploitable? What if the implementation is not working? What happens when it's realesed (as claimed in 3 weeks) into the wild, to a 10$ million market. There's a reason why the likes of Zerocoin take months and are still not ready. 3 weeks is not even enough to write a moderately complex iPhone app.

Ifs can be said about all coins, including BTC.  Yes, there are risks.  Who says the dev has only been working on this for 3 weeks?

You are correct, but people put faith in currencies like BTC because they are established, well known and more importantly have been around for a long time. Had the developer been working on the coin longer than 3 weeks this would have reasurred me and many others that thing is legit. There's no indication of it though in the repository, though. I'd like to be proven wrong.

What I am worried is that as of today the coin is realistically speaking no different than the other PoS coins we've had in the recent months. Yes, planned functionality sets it apart, but it's just planned functionality without a concrete backing.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:22:59 PM

I collated these points from the developer of things to look forward to in the future, to build upon our already solid foundation:

The mixer technology will be multi-path across a cluster of xnodes which runs over the encrypted protocol, so it won't be a central server, it would be similar to a distributed cluster, and the data is encapsulated inside that encrypted tunnel to prevent off-the wire sniffing (or off-the-air* for the mobile platform)...  DRK didn't "invent" supernodes or the concept, and while some of concepts are similar and/or overlap, we are on a different path than DRK and as we refine the platform, it will be clear why our design, implementation and infrastructure is superior as we will have autonomous supernodes using PKI that can scale up and out to become a distributed anonymous application platform

This is why the multi-path paradigm network I built back in 2005 still functions to do this day and scaled up to meet the demands of 2014... think back to 2005, granted we had the internet, but not the mobile technology - and that is a key part of my background is mobility that will be leveraged in the android anonymous POS wallet

(http://eprint.iacr.org/2009/385.pdf
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1208/1208.3022.pdf)
(The principles for this concept come from a design that I originally leveraged back in 2005,[multi-path paradigm] the system still runs to do this day handling 50k to 100k users per day )

If your waiting for NSA proof anonymity - well that is the goal of our REV 2 release..

No, mixing is only part of it, XC now contains a completely new transaction protocol layer that is encrypted and will be leveraged as a platform for all sorts of concepts.... and it will leverage multi-path paradigm topology (which again is a custom developed concept based on dual-path paradigm)So mixing is just the first application to run on top of this new protocol........ Don't want this key point to get lost --- mixing is just the first application, the list is long and the potential is huge, and since the foundation has been built and deployed, it is now time to build on that foundation.... with some revolutionary concepts and idea's.....

Also the infrastructure for this will support numerous other applications, such as encrypted messaging, P2P exchange..etc granted we can only develop new features so fast, but we are putting the foundation for a multi-use, multi-purpose platform
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:25:37 PM

Ifs can be said about all coins, including BTC.  Yes, there are risks.  Who says the dev has only been working on this for 3 weeks?

You are correct, but people put faith in currencies like BTC because they are established, well known and more importantly have been around for a long time. Had the developer been working on the coin longer than 3 weeks this would have reasurred me and many others that thing is legit. There's no indication of it though in the repository, though. I'd like to be proven wrong.

What I am worried is that as of today the coin is realistically speaking no different than the other PoS coins we've had in the recent months. Yes, planned functionality sets it apart, but it's just planned functionality without a concrete backing.

If nothing else, we actually know who the developer is.  He owns his own company and is putting his reputation at risk.  I think this alone sets it apart.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:25:52 PM

If I could sum up what happened in the last 24 hrs is everyone hyped this up like this was an almost completed coin and are now shocked to find it is still in the preliminary stages. Maybe if people would listen to the dev's own words where he admitted days ago this is a BASIC mixer function we wouldn't have people freaking out.

Buy the coin based on the dev, not just on how far along it is.
ibfragalot2

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

First account stolen, in traditional BCT fashion!

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:27:19 PM

This dev is an honest working badass motherfucker who I'd be happy to throw a trade at. Other people here can spot it too

Bingo.
telostia

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:27:47 PM

Still making some changes Smiley

http://i61.tinypic.com/2mzz6zt.png

I quite like that design. Possibly needs to be remade in Adobe Illustrator with higher detail, perhaps by a Pro (graphic designer in the community?) but yes I like, well done.

I like this one too. getting really good at this  Smiley
candl

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:28:18 PM

If nothing else, we actually know who the developer is.  He owns his own company and is putting his reputation at risk.  I think this alone sets it apart.

Can you link me a post, thread or twitter message or anything where the dev is revealing his identity?
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:29:15 PM

If I could sum up what happened in the last 24 hrs is everyone hyped this up like this was an almost completed coin and are now shocked to find it is still in the preliminary stages. Maybe if people would listen to the dev's own words where he admitted days ago this is a BASIC mixer function we wouldn't have people freaking out.

Buy the coin based on the dev, not on how far along it is.

How do Darkcoin owners feel such a basic coin already offers more privacy? Does DRK even encrypt anything like XC does?

DRK will be in big trouble in the next month with the decentralised xnodes coming out. DRK holders have their head in the sand. People are complaining that DRK send and the masternodes aren't working and everyone just glosses over it hoping the dev will sort it out.

It's a sign of DRK's desperation that their twitter tries to smear XC about being a Fedora clone which is complete bs.
maxsinner

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:31:12 PM

Can you link me a post, thread or twitter message or anything where the dev is revealing his identity?

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Ah, let me guess... you want to save people from losing their precious BTC. You are such a noble soul. Can you link me a post, thread or twitter message where you are revealing your identity?
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:31:34 PM

Big claims, little actually delivered. Be cautious.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:32:27 PM

well, hype on shiny promises seems to slow down, i think the coin will cool down until we see actual proof of xnodes working.

To be honest, that's not a bad thing. The coin is so young and rose so fast. It's becoming dangerous to go higher just on faith.
ibfragalot2

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:34:10 PM

I know they say don't feed the DarkCoin-Trolls, but eh... the answer you seek is right in this thread.

Sorry mate, links are dead?
Alisho

Activity: 206

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:34:32 PM

why so lazy? Go check all the posts of the dev! "atcsecure"! He gave his identity on a post..
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:35:04 PM

I'll invest when the dev delivers something that isn't just a Fedoracoin copy (centralized mixer).
ibfragalot2

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:36:21 PM

Big claims, little actually delivered. Be cautious.

I'll invest when the dev delivers something that isn't just a Fedoracoin copy (centralized mixer).

Took about 2.5 seconds to check your post history, Mr Darkcoin. Why don't you just buy in and hold both coins? Or are you too heavily invested in DRK ?

FUD. FUD FUD FUD. C'mon. Too obvious.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:37:25 PM

Will XC go up again do you think?
maxsinner

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:37:43 PM

You expect to have the same risk when investing @ $0.5,$1.5 and $15? Well, mate sorry to disappoint you but it does not work like that.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:38:19 PM

well, hype on shiny promises seems to slow down, i think the coin will cool down until we see actual proof of xnodes working.

To be honest, that's not a bad thing. The coin is so young and rose so fast. It's becoming dangerous to go higher just on faith.

We are already way ahead of way DRK was at a similar time in it's own development.

I am stocking up at this bargain basement prices as much as I can afford.

Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: