Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:22:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEE2] [BEECOIN V2] POW X11/POS Hybrid - Now With CLIENT CHAT Feature!  (Read 133336 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:22:56 AM

I am not technical but seems like if we make this into a master node type coin with fixed reward, implement segwit blah blah. This will put this coin back on the map.

Hi, yes this is what graham is trying to do with our emulation of pivX.

this has a seesaw masternode mechanism and many other great features.

It is also one of the most complex coins now they have zerocoin implemented. I am guessing this is perhaps quite a huge undertaking for graham but only he can comment on this.

That is very very good news. Any consensus on many BEE would be needed for Master node? I think Zerocoin can come a bit later. Master node will surely get this coin on the map.

Hmmm im not really sure about the answer to that graham would be the best person to ask.

Do we have a slack channel where we can discuss the coins' future etc? Might be worth to set one up. Possibly have a vote going for the number of coins for Master node etc. Given this coin has a huge supply I would imagine the required coins would some where in the millions.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:53:56 PM

I am not technical but seems like if we make this into a master node type coin with fixed reward, implement segwit blah blah. This will put this coin back on the map.

It is also one of the most complex coins now they have zerocoin implemented. I am guessing this is perhaps quite a huge undertaking for graham but only he can comment on this.

That is very very good news. Any consensus on many BEE would be needed for Master node? I think Zerocoin can come a bit later. Master node will surely get this coin on the map.

Hmmm im not really sure about the answer to that graham would be the best person to ask.

Do we have a slack channel where we can discuss the coins' future etc? Might be worth to set one up. Possibly have a vote going for the number of coins for Master node etc. Given this coin has a huge supply I would imagine the required coins would some where in the millions.

Slack could work but we have such a small community right now it may be best to discuss it all on thread to keep the thread active and grab more notice from those on the ann section.

I would expect 2000 Masternodes would be max some have only 500 ... so full minting divided by 2000

I expect the best person to advise that we have now is graham.

I would think the best thing now would be to get a website set up for beecoin.

We can be doing that whilst graham is finishing the new chain up.

Real_Unhooked

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:14:39 PM

Slack could work but we have such a small community right now it may be best to discuss it all on thread to keep the thread active and grab more notice from those on the ann section.

I would expect 2000 Masternodes would be max some have only 500 ... so full minting divided by 2000

I expect the best person to advise that we have now is graham.

I would think the best thing now would be to get a website set up for beecoin.

We can be doing that whilst graham is finishing the new chain up.

That put us approximately at 13M per node, I think if my calculations are correct. I assumed 26B coins.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
...deeponion.org...
MacStone

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:18:01 PM

Hi guys,
Long time no see......  Grin

Just trying to sync my wallet.... 3 days and counting  Huh
Stuck with 69891 blocks left...
Are there issues anyone knows about ?

MacStone

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:01:45 PM

Anybody out there... Huh Huh

dutch_loneranger

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:54:47 AM

Hi guys,

not that I know .
and it really takes a while .
few pages back there is somewhere a synced blockchain.
that you also can use .

htao

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:47:37 PM

Hi,

My bitcointalk account "yacare" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=106549) got hacked. In that regard I see 2 possibilities:
1- It was brute-forced (it had an easy password)
2- The forum itself was hacked (I know it was around 2015) (I never-ever changed the password).

Anyway, I don't care much about the account, this is just to let you know that "yacare" is no longer me, so you should not trust it.

Also, it may be a good idea for you all to change your passwords, or at least make sure you have a strong one (specially non-newbie accounts).

And if you know a way to claim/recover a hacked account, please let me know.

In the meantime, I'll use this new account.
Let's keep BEE going  Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:08:47 PM

Hi,

My bitcointalk account "yacare" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=106549) got hacked. In that regard I see 2 possibilities:
1- It was brute-forced (it had an easy password)
2- The forum itself was hacked (I know it was around 2015) (I never-ever changed the password).

Anyway, I don't care much about the account, this is just to let you know that "yacare" is no longer me, so you should not trust it.

Also, it may be a good idea for you all to change your passwords, or at least make sure you have a strong one (specially non-newbie accounts).

And if you know a way to claim/recover a hacked account, please let me know.

In the meantime, I'll use this new account.
Let's keep BEE going  Smiley

If you have ever posted your btc address here and had it confirmed you can sign a message from that and get reinstated.

If it was hero or legendary it will be possible if you have done that.

Also if anyone in the community is a web designer or knows how to get a nice website created then please state how many beecoins would seem reasonable to get this done.

Even one based upon a very nice wordpress plugin would be okay. Even prefered because then we can just add in a forum and such.

MacStone

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:48:53 PM

Hi guys,

not that I know .
that you also can use .

Can't seem to find it...
Would someone be so kind and re-post a link ?
Cheers

dutch_loneranger

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:52:16 AM

Hi guys,
Long time no see......  Grin

Just trying to sync my wallet.... 3 days and counting  Huh

not that I know .
that you also can use .

Can't seem to find it...
Cheers
http://www.mediafire.com/file/896t65m8mv9gpdp/BeeCoinV2.rar

and these are the nodes

addnode=144.76.64.49

addnode=73.211.15.158:1108
addnode=5.189.154.154:1108
addnode=86.88.39.133:49534
addnode=31.130.253.12:53214
addnode=51.6.166.115:1108
addnode=24.11.237.176:53281
addnode=96.246.48.110:50519

Kenway

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:03:09 AM

Hi guys,
Long time no see......  Grin

Just trying to sync my wallet.... 3 days and counting  Huh

not that I know .
that you also can use .

Can't seem to find it...
Cheers
http://www.mediafire.com/file/896t65m8mv9gpdp/BeeCoinV2.rar

and these are the nodes

addnode=144.76.64.49

addnode=73.211.15.158:1108
addnode=5.189.154.154:1108
addnode=86.88.39.133:49534
addnode=31.130.253.12:53214
addnode=51.6.166.115:1108
addnode=24.11.237.176:53281
addnode=96.246.48.110:50519

right add node in conf you try it again ,if not normal  you should delete your whole bockchain files to re-sync.
Real_Unhooked

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:49:43 PM

Mine just recently got fully synced automagically. A lot of small stakes coming in. Anyone remember what is the POS interest on this coin now?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
...deeponion.org...
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 03:06:50 PM

what graham is trying to do with our emulation of pivX.
Not looking too favourable for bee-as-pivx (work-in-progress has been committed as beep). Going down the PIVX route without a strong technical team could be terminally disastrous.

Max Guevara did call it correctly when he observed:
Porting over a bunch of complicated features at once is a sure fire way to break lots of things. Trying to implement two big projects like Masternodes and PoS at once is not very prudent. A phased approach where each feature is added and thoroughly reviewed and tested is the way to go. PivX is on a different code base from Quark, this complicates matters. PivX also has an old modified PoS implementation that's different from Peercoin.

In a different context (Slimcoin, a PPclone), I was recently informed: “Blocknet (a Pivx/Dash/PPcoin clone) was hacked in early Oct by someone who discovered a way to exploit the staking mechanism for personal gain. Apparently PIVX had discovered and quietly repaired its code some time before.” and directed to a reddit post:
“On 27 Sept, we became aware of a critical staking protocol bug inherited from the PPC/Dash/PivX codebase. Furthermore, we noticed a malicious actor appeared to have exploited this bug the very day before. (which, however improbably, was that the code lacked a check on the number of coins in a stake reward).”
(The PPcoin code that implemented the check on stake reward value had apparently been lost during the extensive refactoring to PIVX.)

The other route that I'm investigating involves removing the proprietary anon functionality from Navcoin, a Core 0.13 clone adapted to use PoW-then-PoS (work-in-progress has been committed as been). One important feature of Core 0.13 is the introduction of OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY, gateway to the existing decentralised exchanges.

Cheers

Graham
htao

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:51:22 PM

Not looking too favourable for bee-as-pivx (work-in-progress has been committed as beep). Going down the PIVX route without a strong technical team could be terminally disastrous.

Porting over a bunch of complicated features at once is a sure fire way to break lots of things. Trying to implement two big projects like Masternodes and PoS at once is not very prudent. A phased approach where each feature is added and thoroughly reviewed and tested is the way to go. PivX is on a different code base from Quark, this complicates matters. PivX also has an old modified PoS implementation that's different from Peercoin.

In a different context (Slimcoin, a PPclone), I was recently informed: “Blocknet (a Pivx/Dash/PPcoin clone) was hacked in early Oct by someone who discovered a way to exploit the staking mechanism for personal gain. Apparently PIVX had discovered and quietly repaired its code some time before.” and directed to a reddit post:
“On 27 Sept, we became aware of a critical staking protocol bug inherited from the PPC/Dash/PivX codebase. Furthermore, we noticed a malicious actor appeared to have exploited this bug the very day before. (which, however improbably, was that the code lacked a check on the number of coins in a stake reward).”
(The PPcoin code that implemented the check on stake reward value had apparently been lost during the extensive refactoring to PIVX.)

The other route that I'm investigating involves removing the proprietary anon functionality from Navcoin, a Core 0.13 clone adapted to use PoW-then-PoS (work-in-progress has been committed as been). One important feature of Core 0.13 is the introduction of OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY, gateway to the existing decentralised exchanges.

Cheers

Graham

Thank you very much Graham.

I see on this level of detailed communication between the development and the user/big-community side as a very healthy thing.
As for implementing complicated features, I guess we will all agree on choosing the safest path.

Thank you for the update!

pass75

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:51:08 PM

Hi to everyone.
Sorry for not being here since so long time.
I've been here with the username quovadiz but my account has been hacked and then stolen.
Somebody else is now using my account quovadiz.
I've already contacted the administrators but it seems there are no so many hopes to take back the control of my old account.
Please note that if quovadiz will write here again it's not me anymore but he is a thief.
In the lucky case I'll have my account back I'll let you know.
So, I'll start from zero with this new account as pass75.
I pray GREEDYJHON that sometimes send me PM with the latest news of BeeCoin to write me to pass75 instead to quovadiz.

Changing speech I'm very happy seeing that something is moving here and Graham is taking care of this coin investing his precious time.

On my side I can confirm my VPS is always online keeping the BeeCoin node 5.189.154.154 up and running 24/7.

Thank you for your attention, Ottavio.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:43:56 AM

Cheers

Graham

Thanks for the update on this graham.

PIVx seems so complex even the pivx team has some issues at times.  They are digging deep in to zerocoin implementation it seems and hit a few snags.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:31:29 PM

Hi to everyone.
I've been here with the username quovadiz but my account has been hacked and then stolen.
I've already contacted the administrators but it seems there are no so many hopes to take back the control of my old account.
Please note that if quovadiz will write here again it's not me anymore but he is a thief.
I pray GREEDYJHON that sometimes send me PM with the latest news of BeeCoin to write me to pass75 instead to quovadiz.

Changing speech I'm very happy seeing that something is moving here and Graham is taking care of this coin investing his precious time.

On my side I can confirm my VPS is always online keeping the BeeCoin node 5.189.154.154 up and running 24/7.

thanks for keeping a node on line for us that is very good news.

hope you get your account back but unless you have confirmed a btc address of some alt address and had it reposted by others previously on a thread they will not give it back to you i fear.

pass75

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:35:15 PM

Hi to everyone.

hope you get your account back but unless you have confirmed a btc address of some alt address and had it reposted by others previously on a thread they will not give it back to you i fear.

Unfortunately I never put my BTC address in my signature.
The only way I have is the IP of my VPS that I wrote in a pair of my old posts.
Of course I can prove this IP belongs to me but it seems the moderators are not so inclined to do extra investigations.
On the other way it's not so big loss. I'm just angry somebody else is using what is mine and I cannot have it back.
What is certain is that the security of this forum is awful. Once the password is stolen the account is lost because the hacker can change password and recovery email in one time without any confirmation by the real owner.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:14:53 PM

Hi to everyone.

Unfortunately I never put my BTC address in my signature.
The only way I have is the IP of my VPS that I wrote in a pair of my old posts.
Of course I can prove this IP belongs to me but it seems the moderators are not so inclined to do extra investigations.
On the other way it's not so big loss. I'm just angry somebody else is using what is mine and I cannot have it back.
What is certain is that the security of this forum is awful. Once the password is stolen the account is lost because the hacker can change password and recovery email in one time without any confirmation by the real owner.

Yeah this is my feelings on this too. i don't understand why there is not email verification.

Feel free to find this account when it posts and warn people about it on his threads.

dutch_loneranger

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:55:00 PM

Hi to everyone.

that I didn't thought about that to setup a node.
when I have the time I will also do that too help the network

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: