Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:51:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEE2] [BEECOIN V2] POW X11/POS Hybrid - Now With CLIENT CHAT Feature!  (Read 133340 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:43:14 AM

Announcement

I have at last found a programmer who will help us out with beecoin. Including fixing and getting us moved to a new updated version of POS3.

Here is his proposal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However i have a proposal, this allows us both a bit of flexibility :-

We start by reviving the old chain, and possibly get it moving, then we conduct the swap ?

To get the chain going i would ask for 0.3 - 0.5 depending on the state of the code and how much time it takes. To push you through a swap , i'll charge a flat 1.3 BTC fee. This includes ensuring all balances are available in the new chain from block 1.

Your Thoughts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is looking like 1.6 to 1.8 BTC to get beecoin fixed and swapped to a new clean code including a full swap.

I have been asked by a few members of this community to do something with this coin since I hold the community wallet with 8 billion coins.

I do not expect people to donate money for nothing. What I suggest is that we auction off some of the community wallet to raise these funds.

I remember these coins were selling for around 20 litoshi or so when it was a broken coin with no real way of using it.

I want to get response from the beecoin community on how they would like to proceed and what we should do from here.

I hold the 8 billion coins and suggest we sell off large chunks to investors that are interested in seeing beecoin make a comeback.

These coins will have to be handed over during the coin swap since the chain is broken. However we can post a public ledger here to say who donated what and how many beecoins are owed.

We can rename this coin back to beecoin and change some params if all agreed.

If this community is dead and nobody wants to help raise the btc required to fix beecoin then we will just need to let this coin die off for good as sad as that is.

I AGREE - we NEED to AUCTION the community funds to raise BTC to get Beecoin moving again. The task at hand right now is to get the suitable buyers

What was the litoshi price before that shitpit allcoin robbed everyone? 20 litoshi for a broken coin and the allcoin wallet was even disabled. What will it be worth on a new coinbase fully working on pos3. Also how much is a yobit listing these days?

It cost a maximum of 0.5 BTC to list a coin at YOBIT, but 0.5 BTC will GUARANTEE that Beecoin is listed IMMEDIATELY (within 3 - 4 days), without any obstruction. However, Beecoin needs to be suitably upgraded before approaching YOBIT, because Yobit charges a fee for every wallet and code update (if you want speedy response from YOBIT).

So this brings the total cost of this project, to a maximum of 2.1 - 2.3 BTC.

Thanks for this information. Yes this is important to note.

I have not calculated as yet 8 billion bees at 20litoshi's btc value but we should only sell what is needed to cover these costs because after this is accomplished I think the price should be much higher. I mean we as a community should decide what litoshi value we should auction them off at anyway?

I really want to hear back from any members of the community that are left before taking any action at all.

I am entrusted with the coins to act for the benefit of the bee community.

So we have to get deciding now what to do. If you can contact any people that have posted on the beecoin threads or are owners of beecoins please direct them here to discuss.

I really think we should rename this coin to beecoin too - thoughts on that.

Does anyone reading this have experience with making a message bot? for instance scanning this thread and the old beecoin thread and alerting previous beecoin community members to have input into this.

I am hoping we can have this coin fixed and forked to a new coin base without requiring a manual coin swap.
I would have loved to help send PMs out to old members, but I have poor internet right now.

I am glad that Beecoin is making revival.

Ha well right now John it seems beecoin is just you and me so there is perhaps no need to revive it. Some have asked me what am I doing with the community fund to help revive it but really there seems no interest in this coin so is there a point to revive it at all?

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 04:16:12 PM

Announcement

I have at last found a programmer who will help us out with beecoin. Including fixing and getting us moved to a new updated version of POS3.

Here is his proposal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We start by reviving the old chain, and possibly get it moving, then we conduct the swap ?

To get the chain going i would ask for 0.3 - 0.5 depending on the state of the code and how much time it takes. To push you through a swap , i'll charge a flat 1.3 BTC fee. This includes ensuring all balances are available in the new chain from block 1.

Your Thoughts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is looking like 1.6 to 1.8 BTC to get beecoin fixed and swapped to a new clean code including a full swap.

I have been asked by a few members of this community to do something with this coin since I hold the community wallet with 8 billion coins.

I do not expect people to donate money for nothing. What I suggest is that we auction off some of the community wallet to raise these funds.

I remember these coins were selling for around 20 litoshi or so when it was a broken coin with no real way of using it.

I want to get response from the beecoin community on how they would like to proceed and what we should do from here.

I hold the 8 billion coins and suggest we sell off large chunks to investors that are interested in seeing beecoin make a comeback.

These coins will have to be handed over during the coin swap since the chain is broken. However we can post a public ledger here to say who donated what and how many beecoins are owed.

If this community is dead and nobody wants to help raise the btc required to fix beecoin then we will just need to let this coin die off for good as sad as that is.

I AGREE - we NEED to AUCTION the community funds to raise BTC to get Beecoin moving again. The task at hand right now is to get the suitable buyers

What was the litoshi price before that shitpit allcoin robbed everyone? 20 litoshi for a broken coin and the allcoin wallet was even disabled. What will it be worth on a new coinbase fully working on pos3. Also how much is a yobit listing these days?

It cost a maximum of 0.5 BTC to list a coin at YOBIT, but 0.5 BTC will GUARANTEE that Beecoin is listed IMMEDIATELY (within 3 - 4 days), without any obstruction. However, Beecoin needs to be suitably upgraded before approaching YOBIT, because Yobit charges a fee for every wallet and code update (if you want speedy response from YOBIT).

I have not calculated as yet 8 billion bees at 20litoshi's btc value but we should only sell what is needed to cover these costs because after this is accomplished I think the price should be much higher. I mean we as a community should decide what litoshi value we should auction them off at anyway?

I really want to hear back from any members of the community that are left before taking any action at all.

So we have to get deciding now what to do. If you can contact any people that have posted on the beecoin threads or are owners of beecoins please direct them here to discuss.

Does anyone reading this have experience with making a message bot? for instance scanning this thread and the old beecoin thread and alerting previous beecoin community members to have input into this.

I am hoping we can have this coin fixed and forked to a new coin base without requiring a manual coin swap.
I would have loved to help send PMs out to old members, but I have poor internet right now.

Ha well right now John it seems beecoin is just you and me so there is perhaps no need to revive it. Some have asked me what am I doing with the community fund to help revive it but really there seems no interest in this coin so is there a point to revive it at all?
It is NOT just me and you. More people will come when activity resumes. I cannot send PMs out to old members, because I have bad internet.

The NEW takeover DEV should be willing fix the chain, then accept ALL of the 8.9bn Beecoins in your possession, as payment and reward for swapping Becoin to a more suitable chain.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 09:14:17 AM

Announcement

Here is his proposal

Your Thoughts

It is NOT just me and you. More people will come when activity resumes. I cannot send PMs out to old members, because I have bad internet.

The NEW takeover DEV should be willing fix the chain, then accept ALL of the 8.9bn Beecoins in your possession, as payment and reward for swapping Becoin to a more suitable chain.

I dont think any single entitiy should have 8 billion coins from a 40 billion minting unless it is release slowly over time. I would rather see some quantities sold to old members of the community so they can support the coin and not just dump it all straight away. The dev should have a large share released over time.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 10:24:48 AM

Announcement

Here is his proposal

Your Thoughts

I dont think any single entitiy should have 8 billion coins from a 40 billion minting unless it is release slowly over time. I would rather see some quantities sold to old members of the community so they can support the coin and not just dump it all straight away. The dev should have a large share released over time.
The NEW Dev should be willing to accept BEECOIN Donations from the DEV FUND. He should accept the coins gradually, as he improves the coin gradually.
I have tried my best for this coin, I even paid for block explorer by myself. All other payments should come from the DEV FUND.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:56:43 PM

Announcement

Here is his proposal

Your Thoughts

The NEW Dev should be willing to accept BEECOIN Donations from the DEV FUND. He should accept the coins gradually, as he improves the coin gradually.
I have tried my best for this coin, I even paid for block explorer by myself. All other payments should come from the DEV FUND.

Couldn't agree more John. Let me know if you find a developer who will accept beecoin. Until then should we attempt to auction off the bee2 community coins and pay a dev in BTC or just keep hunting for dev that will take beecoins?

This developer I do not think is very interested in accepting only beecoins to fix our coin up.

I will do as the community suggests.

We can keep searching if the community agrees the developer should take on the beecoin project in full accepting beecoin as payment over time.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:13:27 AM

Announcement

Here is his proposal

Your Thoughts

Couldn't agree more John. Let me know if you find a developer who will accept beecoin. Until then should we attempt to auction off the bee2 community coins and pay a dev in BTC or just keep hunting for dev that will take beecoins?

This developer I do not think is very interested in accepting only beecoins to fix our coin up.

We can keep searching if the community agrees the developer should take on the beecoin project in full accepting beecoin as payment over time.
YES, you should auction off the coins to pay the developer FEE.

But first, this developer needs to fix the chain, so that an AUCTION can even take place.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:47:46 AM

Announcement

Here is his proposal

Your Thoughts

But first, this developer needs to fix the chain, so that an AUCTION can even take place.

This makes the most sense. However failing this people could purchase IOU's from me and we will not turn over the BTC to the dev until the old chain is up and fixed and the bee's delivered to their buyers.

Depends. I guess the dev just wants to make sure there is even the interest here to generate the BTC to pay him for his work. So far I am only seeinig me and you talking about reviving this coin. Most of the community I guess have moved on.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:46:31 PM

Announcement

Here is his proposal

Your Thoughts

This makes the most sense. However failing this people could purchase IOU's from me and we will not turn over the BTC to the dev until the old chain is up and fixed and the bee's delivered to their buyers.

Depends. I guess the dev just wants to make sure there is even the interest here to generate the BTC to pay him for his work. So far I am only seeinig me and you talking about reviving this coin. Most of the community I guess have moved on.

beecoin community is silent, because coin has been dead for years.

I can try to contact old members, but I need a better internet connection (in a few days)

Your new DEV should be happy to fix the chain, and to claim AT LEAST 10 - 25% of total money supply.

With this amount of funds, it would be in the DEVs best interest to ensure that the coin succeeds. Members will flock back when they see that IMPROVEMENTS are happening.

bluejean

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 12:48:16 AM

I actually responded to you on the previous page Cryptohunter (last post on the page) but I never got a response so not sure if you saw it or what?

I am still interested in seeing this coin on an exchange....see my remarks on the previous page....

I'm willing to kick in cash toward BTC to pay the dev....rather than try to sell or auction Beecoins....that may take a while if it even happens

Not sure who else would be willing....but cash would move the project forward....if we could get more Beecoin owners to pitch in....
Dotcommie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 11:47:22 AM

People just have a lot going on right now with life, politics, holidays, etc.  I normally don't see activity on old threads until I randomly remember to check or if I get a chance on the weekend.I try to refresh my watchlist tab every week, but many times it's 2-3 weeks.

I like that there may be a new dev so good job on that.  Just give it a little time and I think some more will notice
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 12:15:46 PM

People just have a lot going on right now with life, politics, holidays, etc.  I normally don't see activity on old threads until I randomly remember to check or if I get a chance on the weekend.I try to refresh my watchlist tab every week, but many times it's 2-3 weeks.

I like that there may be a new dev so good job on that.  Just give it a little time and I think some more will notice
I will try to draw up a list of old members, to send out reminder PMs as soon as I get better internet connection.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 05:08:46 PM

LIST OF BEECOIN OLD/NEW MEMBERS.

I have scanned through the 85 pages of this thread. This is a BEECOIN MEMBER LIST that I am able to compile, so that I can send out PMs soon:

"left-ca", "placebo", "cryptohunter", "Flower-clothes", "endoffiat"
"hacintosh", "bitfranky", "yanlei2002", "KSGuy", "hardalisas",
"CrazyLoaf", "Colombina", "shai_", "vovan115", "har23"
"LongTDP", "soopy452000", "gpuminer", "ntz", "SuperKing",
"whyyk7", "Hippie Tech", "sunmaoipo", "bizzargin", "BeeCoinDev"
"achow101", "dsergeevich", "dygus", "dingyuanchang", "gomei",
"fiftyseven", "honghaisea", "jkrules", "vindyne8", "IMJim"
"candidakefyr", "22MCoin", "yacare", "asboxi", "ene1980",
"Aur3", "Newwsr", "Vann", "delltop", "mafia",
"thiec", "xlilbearx", "CryptoJohn", "BEECoinfan", "endoffiat",
"quovadiz", "kopam", "workminer", "MacStone", "HunterS",
"Dotcommie", "aqlzf123", "bluejean", "dsergeevich", "zulu860",
"fiftyseven", "otila", "peggy2jj", "allcoin.com", "mugwampbro",
"yui", "ocminer", "workminer", "popolite11", "jalmari",
"spanjii", "KSGuy", "mapleshadow", "quovadiz", "Jonesd",
"nonocoin", "794259332", "ZeroBarrier", "hero18688", "22MCoin",
"ryanchen", "otila", "ropyu1978", "bep42", "wankoran",
"ozycash", "Real_Unhooked", "Git_2058", "Cryptogirl82", "Keyser",
"bep42", "peta4e", "BusyBeee", "skidog", "SiNeReiNZzz"
"pepperino84", "SkyValeey", "tonyback", "adoalli", "hasar"
"nicemycoin", "Serenata", "yzzo", "anotherlateminer", "mycoinsstore"
"TheSea", "BitcoinNational", "bronan", "anotherlateminer", "majsta"
"MadGhost", "drax86", "gjhiggins", "thiec", "thoth-Atlantian"
"oldkolobok", "EdgarTheEdge", "kralkral", "PapillonV", "midmir"
"fairglu", "Krista", "wsmolive", "JasonXG", "GREEDYJOHN"

BusyBeee

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 11:03:17 PM

I have scanned through the 85 pages of this thread. This is a BEECOIN MEMBER LIST that I am able to compile, so that I can send out PMs soon:

Thanks GREEDYJOHN for the PM!!!!

Glad that you and cryptohunter are working to get a new dev who willing to accept BEE as payment for fixing BEE chain.

Anyway, you both made good points.  We should pay the new dev gradually for their work.

Also, it's definitely very bad to pay someone 8.9 billion bee ( that's more than 20% of total BEE supply ).

I would suggest auctioning off some of the BEE to the community to get BTC to pay the dev.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:09:53 AM

Thanks for replying.

It is now easier to contact old members, when necessary  Wink

quovadiz

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 09:39:58 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2016, 12:28:32 PM by quovadiz

Hi John,
thank you a lot for the PM.
I'm here... happy to see somebody still interested in this coin.
I could notice there are no nodes alive anymore.
If needed I'm ready to put a node alive 24/7.
I really hope to see BeeCoin coming back to life again! WoooW!!!

p.s. One node is still alive in Paris. I'm setting up my node and syncing it... Soon my node will be online and working... I'll provide the new ip node asap.
quovadiz

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 02:47:22 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2016, 07:40:42 PM by quovadiz

I counted 125 users were active here with BeeCoin in the past.
If even just 1/3 would reply and would be ready to take part in the revival project it would be approx 0.05 btc each one.
I'm ready to do my part....
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 08:48:02 PM

I counted 125 users were active here with BeeCoin in the past.
If even just 1/3 would reply and would be ready to take part in the revival project it would be approx 0.05 btc each one.
I'm ready to do my part....

Firstly thanks to JOHN here who as many of you may not know has actually paid more into beecoin development than anyone else here for taking the time to contact all previous beecoin posters.

I too will donate the same 0.05 if we can get enough people willing to do this. If not then we move to the auction idea.

However failing others coming forwards to donate anything then I suggest an IOU auction for some of the community pot that was handed over to myself for safe keeping. What good is it if there is no coin left. So may as well use some of it.

If anyone was trading in the latest days of allcoin (the only beecoin exchange I know of) then post the litoshi value you think it is fair to auction coins to to raise the needed funds to get beecoin back on its feet and running again.

These will be IOU's.

However if we do it like this.

1. Raise the funds to a community btc wallet
2. get the dev to fix and swap
3. pay the dev for completed works once it is working well.
4. pay out the IOU's from the community wallet once we are on the new chain and all is working well.

I have no problem with holding the community btc fund or we can contact an escrow agent who will pay the dev only after we have it all fixed and how we need. What ever the community prefers.

I hope we can reach some agreement and move forward in a reasonable time frame since developers have a habbit of becoming busy and then we're out of luck.

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:40:01 PM

what happened to soopy? Wasn't he working on it then?

I remember PMing him for a swap from b to b2, heard back maybe once then nothing.
Sent my old bee wallet.dat(~4M coins) to him, never heard back again about it....struck me as odd but.....crypto   Undecided
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 12:43:55 AM

I remember PMing him for a swap from b to b2, heard back maybe once then nothing.
Sent my old bee wallet.dat(~4M coins) to him, never heard back again about it....struck me as odd but.....crypto   Undecided

soopy is always vanishing

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:19:18 AM

Sent my old bee wallet.dat(~4M coins) to him, never heard back again about it....struck me as odd but.....crypto   Undecided

Your guess is as good as mine. Soopy is a talented coder there is no doubt but who knows where he is most of the time. I would suspect working on NAV since that coin is actually taking off. Remember soopy saying he would code navs features into beecoin after the donations? well you see how that went?

We can't wait for soopy any longer. Well we can but we may be waiting quite some time.

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: