Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:35:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEE2] [BEECOIN V2] POW X11/POS Hybrid - Now With CLIENT CHAT Feature!  (Read 133336 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
halorose

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:26:37 AM

Will Bee fly to the moon in the coming days? Huh
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 11:53:53 AM

There will be (hopefully) a short delay while I try and un-brick the Dell XPS 15 9560 which I was using as a workhorse.

I'd just disabled the secure boot facility to enable the virtualbox drivers to run, checked whether OSX Sierra VM worked (didn't) and then suddenly, the trackpad behaviour changed, became sluggish, required a click not a tap. I rebooted into totally screwed-up kbd/tpad drivers, mouse was emitting a constant stream of clicks. I rebooted .... same problem. Tried live-running 17.10, a few spotty kbd/tpad problems but at least it was usable. Installation from live failed. Tried installing 17.10 from USB, apparently successful but failed to boot. Tried re-installing 17.04, still the same driver issues. I deleted the Windows boot partition, gave Ubuntu 17.04 complete installation freedom. It now boots but freezes immediately after login. 17.10 installation just freezes part way through, same place every time.

Not entirely unanticipated, getting a factory restoration and ebaying it was originally contemplated as a get-out.

Cheers

Graham
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:11:43 PM

There will be (hopefully) a short delay while I try and un-brick the Dell XPS 15 9560 which I was using as a workhorse.

I'd just disabled the secure boot facility to enable the virtualbox drivers to run, checked whether OSX Sierra VM worked (didn't) and then suddenly, the trackpad behaviour changed, became sluggish, required a click not a tap. I rebooted into totally screwed-up kbd/tpad drivers, mouse was emitting a constant stream of clicks. I rebooted .... same problem. Tried live-running 17.10, a few spotty kbd/tpad problems but at least it was usable. Installation from live failed. Tried installing 17.10 from USB, apparently successful but failed to boot. Tried re-installing 17.04, still the same driver issues. I deleted the Windows boot partition, gave Ubuntu 17.04 complete installation freedom. It now boots but freezes immediately after login. 17.10 installation just freezes part way through, same place every time.

Not entirely unanticipated, getting a factory restoration and ebaying it was originally contemplated as a get-out.

Cheers

Graham

That is unfortunate Graham.  I have also had too many issues with my xps 15 although it looks nice with the solid aluminium case. Rather heavy though.

Hopefully you can get it fixed up.

I have lost a bit of faith in dell in the last few years although the next day onsite support has always sorted things. They should not really need sorting so often i feel.

TheSea

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:23:48 PM

A couple of persons have asked me about rebranding of beecoin to something more appropriate for its new functions.

I have a few ideas for names myself but I invite others to either post them here or send them to me or graham.

If we did rebrand it would be far better to do now than after we go to exchange due to the nature of exchanges charging for things like that.

I like beecoin but I can see that a rebrand to a good name could be something to consider if enough people thought it a good idea.

What do others think?

Also does anyone have a copy of an allcoin address they sent beecoins too?

I checked my wallet and found the necessary transactions. This transaction transfers money from the exchange to my wallet. These wallets belong to allcoin.com: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bee2/wallet.dws?112.htm
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 08:27:11 PM

Thanks for the well-wishes and indeed, eventually, I did. The latest mint worked out of the box, the XPS is back up again. Re-re-setting up again, sigh.

Cheers

Graham
halorose

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:39:58 AM

A couple of persons have asked me about rebranding of beecoin to something more appropriate for its new functions.

I have a few ideas for names myself but I invite others to either post them here or send them to me or graham.

If we did rebrand it would be far better to do now than after we go to exchange due to the nature of exchanges charging for things like that.

I like beecoin but I can see that a rebrand to a good name could be something to consider if enough people thought it a good idea.

What do others think?

I checked my wallet and found the necessary transactions. This transaction transfers money from the exchange to my wallet. These wallets belong to allcoin.com: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bee2/wallet.dws?112.htm
Beecoin now listed on allcoin.com?that's a exchange owned by the boss of yuanbao.com?
halorose

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:41:30 AM

Thanks for the well-wishes and indeed, eventually, I did. The latest mint worked out of the box, the XPS is back up again. Re-re-setting up again, sigh.

Cheers

Graham
looking forward to the new wallet release.
TheSea

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:34:13 AM

Beecoin now listed on allcoin.com?that's a exchange owned by the boss of yuanbao.com?
Beecoin was there before. Read the history of this coin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=601247.1360
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:38:32 PM

What do others think?

Thanks, I very much hope we can blacklist their wallets they are scammers who stole a lot of my beecoins and ltc.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:39:47 PM

Cheers

Graham

That's good to hear mine is used now only as a last resort seems a very bugged up machine. Had the dell people out 3x on that one.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 06:49:39 PM

I  am a old beecoiner, long time away from community

Regards,

Halorose

Halorose also observed privately that the Chinese translation for Beecoin actually references Blackcoin (I don't know how to run grep on Chinese characters) and also pointed out that Bee = 蜜蜂 in Chinese.

He has a point. Darkcoin became Dash. It's a much shorter step from BeecoinV2 to Bee (aka 蜜蜂, with all its implications).

If you're going to reinvent, do it from the ground up, otherwise all you're likely to end up with is basically, a new hat.

Cheers

Graham
TheSea

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:14:18 AM

Thanks, I very much hope we can blacklist their wallets they are scammers who stole a lot of my beecoins and ltc.
Do you have any unconfirmed coin output transactions from allcoin to your wallet?
I received some of my coins when the thieves synchronized their wallets (26.12.2016). Then my transactions got into the network and I received coins, which I tried to send from allcoin a year earlier (15.01.2015). Probably thieves noticed the disappearance of coins during the synchronization process and again disabled the wallets from the network. If thieves again synchronize wallets, they again lose part of the stolen coins. This is stupid behavior. They took themselves hostage.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:13:32 PM

I  am a old beecoiner, long time away from community

Regards,

Halorose

Halorose also observed privately that the Chinese translation for Beecoin actually references Blackcoin (I don't know how to run grep on Chinese characters) and also pointed out that Bee = 蜜蜂 in Chinese.

He has a point. Darkcoin became Dash. It's a much shorter step from BeecoinV2 to Bee (aka 蜜蜂, with all its implications).

If you're going to reinvent, do it from the ground up, otherwise all you're likely to end up with is basically, a new hat.

Cheers

Graham

BEE sounds good. I like it over beecoin.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:15:40 PM

Do you have any unconfirmed coin output transactions from allcoin to your wallet?
I received some of my coins when the thieves synchronized their wallets (26.12.2016). Then my transactions got into the network and I received coins, which I tried to send from allcoin a year earlier (15.01.2015). Probably thieves noticed the disappearance of coins during the synchronization process and again disabled the wallets from the network. If thieves again synchronize wallets, they again lose part of the stolen coins. This is stupid behavior. They took themselves hostage.

No by the time i heard allcoin was closing i couldn't log in.  I emailed them and they said they had no account under my email address which is curious considering i have the sign up email and all those statements they sent detailing the coins you held there at one time.

They are scammers and just wanted to keep my ltc beecoins and btc their wallets hopefully will be blacklisted these assholes have literally stolen peoples coins.

I have emailed them several times and they said looking into it then stopped replying.

solidus-crypto

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:11:20 AM

Good luck - looks very interesting
Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:19:36 AM

Anyone have list of active nodes? Also will there be some sort of rebranding? Also what is the total number of coins now available? Have the excess coins been burnt?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:51:39 AM

Anyone have list of active nodes? Also will there be some sort of rebranding? Also what is the total number of coins now available? Have the excess coins been burnt?

give these a whirl

addnode=144.76.64.49

addnode=73.211.15.158:1108
addnode=5.189.154.154:1108
addnode=86.88.39.133:49534
addnode=31.130.253.12:53214
addnode=51.6.166.115:1108
addnode=24.11.237.176:53281
addnode=96.246.48.110:50519

the excess coins are still held by me at the moment I am awaiting to turn them over to graham

the community and graham are still yet to decide the best purpose for them.

I have not discussed this with graham at all so far but i was thinking we the community should offer graham the same deal soopy had for 1BN for extended help and leadership of beecoin. It is good to have a leader with an incentive to put time and effort into a project. Considering we were willing to pay any amount of bees to get a developer before graham came to help us it seems a win win both ways.

The other 8 BN the community could vote on how to use them or leave them in staking wallets for the longterm funding of the project. Or burn them or any other new ideas that come to peoples minds. As beecoin gains some value those coins can be very useful for developer bounties to bring on more and more devs. PIVx has lots of developers working away for bounties.

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 03:41:07 PM

the community and graham are still yet to decide the best purpose for them.

Make that just “the community”, I don’t see why I should get to stick my oar in, all I'm doing is valeting the community's new vehicle.

I have not discussed this with graham at all so far but i was thinking we the community should offer graham the same deal soopy had for 1BN for extended help and leadership of beecoin. It is good to have a leader with an incentive to put time and effort into a project. Considering we were willing to pay any amount of bees to get a developer before graham came to help us it seems a win win both ways.

This community has been around long enough to appreciate that in any social group, people come and go all the time. Through fortuitous circumstance, I am currently in a position to make a technical contribution and, at the same time, educate myself in some technical detail that I would otherwise have a bit of a hard time justifying - it also helps a lot that it isn't simply an academic exercise, the result will be of interest to the community.

For the moment, I'm happy to provide extended help and leadership (let's be honest here) be an irritating grain of sand around which the community can continue on its path of pearl-building. For the moment. The avatar mugshot is a decade old, I'm now a pensioner caring for a disabled partner whose needs take precedence, literally at the drop of a hat.

I'm neither software engineer nor programmer. What I am is both an artist and a cognitive scientist, my current interest in altcoins is driven by a desire to get a better grip on the socio-political implications of the logical entailments derivable from the ground conditions under which peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency communities operate. My monograph presenting “A different perspective on cryptocurrency” describes the ground conditions and the basic entailments, once you start unpicking the threads, it gets interesting.

And it genuinely does give me a different perspective. I'd be motivated to keep the 1bn intact in order to pass it on to my successor, intact. Kind of a badge of honorary functionary, a symbol of personal integrity. Useful to have, useful to keep polished. I'm not thinking of next week or even next year but, now that three years have ticked by, what will the picture look like in another five?

The other 8 BN the community could vote on how to use them or leave them in staking wallets for the longterm funding of the project. Or burn them or any other new ideas that come to peoples minds. As beecoin gains some value those coins can be very useful for developer bounties to bring on more and more devs. PIVx has lots of developers working away for bounties.

I wouldn't underestimate the potential future significance of the group having successfully curated such a substantial community resource. It is an unforgeable testament to a persistently stable group core. That's both the “friendly” and “reliable” boxes ticked. There's quite a lot that can be done with the engine as it stands - which could be a means of priming the dev pump. Development could be split into specification and implementation, just to give people a broader set of opportunities to contribute, either volunteering in order to benefit from experiencing a pro-social context, having “a position” and contributing out of enlightened self-interest, or just plain doin' it for the money.

Cheers

Graham

And now, as the lovely Jennifer used to simperingly announce, “Here comes the science” ...
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 03:47:01 PM

the XPS is back up again

make -j6 is definitely worth the pain.

Righty-ho, now that I have finally managed to get the beecoinv2 daemon synced, it's time to think about the process of transferring an amended public ledger.

The technical side of the process is straightforward. The client code does all the processing:

Store the input/output type and value of all of the transactions in block 1, 2, 3, ... n, deleting any outputs that later appear as inputs.

The result is a database of transactions that have not yet been spent and which, when summed by address, provides an overall balance for each address.

Preliminary working-but-not-yet-proven Python code to create such a beast is here:

https://gist.github.com/gjhiggins/44e8b84787db4ba188623c17097b15f3

The address/balance pairs are hard-coded as (essentially) coinbase-generated transactions which are included in the “genesis block”, block 0, the root of the chain and whose block hash and Merkle tree root hash have to be hand-inserted into the program code before it can be successfully compiled to perform as a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency as designed.

It's a birthing process. And it's probably about time someone had a word with you about “the birds and the bees” ...

The code contains two protocol assertions: 1) the hash of block 0 is X and 2) the hash of block 0's Merkle tree root is Y. These assertions constrain everyone who joins the network. You can change the hashes but you're then on your own fork, a network of 1 node - unless you run the same code on another connected computer, now you have a network of two nodes and a new blockchain all of your very own.

The hashes are obtained by processing the genesis block transactions into a candidate block, then successfully mining the block, printing out the computed hash values for the block and the Merkle root, then copying those values back into the code so that the assertions are satisfied when the code is recompiled and the client restarted.

The actual code is included below, it's not completely unreadable. The first line binds a string to the variable pszTimestamp. By convention, it is intended to carry date-specific information as a (very weak) guard against pre-mining - no block should have a timestamp earlier than the date referenced in the psztimestamp. The semantics are purely a social convention, it is not enforced in the code. The next three lines are housekeeping for the creation of the transaction object we need. The next three lines fill in the details of the transaction (note the embedding of the pszTimestamp string into block 0 via the genesis transaction) and then the transaction object is hooked into the genesis block object, ready for the next step, the computation of the Merkle root hash and the hooking of the result into the genesis block object. hashPrevBlock is how the chain is formed, the genesis block is unique in having 0 as the value, block 1 will have the genesis block's hash as its prevBlockHash value and block 2 will have block 1's and so on. A chain of blocks. nVersion establishes the versioning protocol, a means of creating distinct separations in the ledger, i.e. hard forks. nTime should be the current time by the developer's watch, nBits is how the starting difficulty is set (expressed in a somewhat oblique idiom of C) and nNonce is used to seed the block hash guesses. All of these values are cryptographically secured in the genesis block by the mining process. They affect the hash computation: change the diff, the hash won't match, same goes for the entire content of the genesis block, ya can't change anything without causing the hash match to fail. That's how the genesis block and the genesis transaction form the secured root of the blockchain. The separate group of lines at the end are the protocol assertions I mentioned earlier.
const char* pszTimestamp = "U.S. News & World Report Jan 28 2016 With His Absence, Trump Dominates Another Debate";
CMutableTransaction txNew;
txNew.vin.resize(1);
txNew.vout.resize(1);
txNew.vin[0].scriptSig = CScript() << 486604799 << CScriptNum(4) << vector<unsigned char>((const unsigned char*)pszTimestamp, (const unsigned char*)pszTimestamp + strlen(pszTimestamp));
txNew.vout[0].nValue = 250 * COIN;
txNew.vout[0].scriptPubKey = CScript() << ParseHex("04c10e83b2703ccf322f7dbd62dd5855ac7c10bd055814ce121ba32607d573b8810c02c0582aed0 5b4deb9c4b77b26d92428c61256cd42774babea0a073b2ed0c9") << OP_CHECKSIG;
genesis.vtx.push_back(txNew);
genesis.hashPrevBlock = 0;
genesis.hashMerkleRoot = genesis.BuildMerkleTree();
genesis.nVersion = 1;
genesis.nTime = 1454124731;
genesis.nBits = 0x1e0ffff0;
genesis.nNonce = 2402015;

hashGenesisBlock = genesis.GetHash();
assert(hashGenesisBlock == uint256("0x0000041e482b9b9691d98eefb48473405c0b8ec31b76df3797c74a78680ef818"));
assert(genesis.hashMerkleRoot == uint256("0x1b2ef6e2f28be914103a277377ae7729dcd125dfeb8bf97bd5964ba72b6dc39b"));

Why all this eye-watering detail? Because the actual transfer of the Bee public ledger will be implemented by the programmatic creation of balance->account transactions written to the (nascent) new blockchain's genesis block, following the actual code in sfultong's convenient demonstration.

I include the code here and have styled it to emphasise just the key notions. Ignore the near-invisible beige; the stuff in blue we've already seen (above); the two red variables are the collections of pay-to-pubkey-hash and pay-to-script-hash transactions in the form of paired hash (the address) and amount, as created by the “snapshot” process.

The code works through each entry (orange) in the collections of P2PKH and P2SH entries, creating a P2PKH or P2SH transaction as appropriate with the entry.hash and the entry.amount, adding each one to the collection of genesis block transactions as it goes.

static bool generateGenesis(CBlock& genesis) {
    /**
     * Build the genesis block. Note that the output of the genesis coinbase cannot
     * be spent as it did not originally exist in the database.
     * CBlock(hash=000000000019d6, ver=1, hashPrevBlock=00000000000000, hashMerkleRoot=4a5e1e, nTime=1231006505, nBits=1d00ffff, nNonce=2083236893, vtx=1)
     *   CTransaction(hash=4a5e1e, ver=1, vin.size=1, vout.size=1, nLockTime=0)
     *     CTxIn(COutPoint(000000, -1), coinbase 04ffff001d0104455468652054696d65732030332f4a616e2f32303039204368616e63656c6c6f7 2206f6e206272696e6b206f66207365636f6e64206261696c6f757420666f722062616e6b73)
     *     CTxOut(nValue=50.00000000, scriptPubKey=0x5F1DF16B2B704C8A578D0B)
     *   vMerkleTree: 4a5e1e
     */
    bst::snapshot_reader snapshot_reader;
    ifstream stream;
    if (! bst::openSnapshot(stream, snapshot_reader)) return false;

bst::SnapshotEntryCollection p2pkhEntries = bst::getP2PKHCollection(snapshot_reader);
    bst::SnapshotEntryCollection p2shEntries = bst::getP2SHCollection(snapshot_reader);

const char* pszTimestamp = "NY Times 05/Oct/2011 Steve Jobs, Apple’s Visionary, Dies at 56";
    CMutableTransaction txNew;
    txNew.vin.resize(1);
    txNew.vout.resize(1);
    txNew.vin[0].scriptSig = CScript() << 486604799 << CScriptNum(4) << vector<unsigned char>((const unsigned char*)pszTimestamp, (const unsigned char*)pszTimestamp + strlen(pszTimestamp));
    txNew.vout[0].nValue = 50 * COIN;
    txNew.vout[0].scriptPubKey = CScript() << ParseHex("040184710fa689ad5023690c80f3a49c8f13f8d45b8c857fbcbc8bc4a8e4d3eb4b10f4d4604fa08 dce601aaf0f470216fe1b51850b4acf21b179c45070ac7b03a9") << OP_CHECKSIG;

CScript fakeSign = CScript() << 486604799;
    BOOST_FOREACH(bst::snapshot_entry& entry, p2pkhEntries) {
        txNew.vin[0].scriptSig = fakeSign;
        txNew.vout[0].nValue = entry.amount;
        txNew.vout[0].scriptPubKey = CScript() << OP_DUP << OP_HASH160 << entry.hash << OP_EQUALVERIFY << OP_CHECKSIG;
    }

BOOST_FOREACH(bst::snapshot_entry& entry, p2shEntries) {
        txNew.vin[0].scriptSig = fakeSign;
        txNew.vout[0].nValue = entry.amount;
        txNew.vout[0].scriptPubKey = CScript() << OP_HASH160 << entry.hash << OP_EQUAL;
    }

genesis.hashPrevBlock = 0;
    genesis.hashMerkleRoot = genesis.BuildMerkleTree();
    genesis.nVersion = 1;
    genesis.nTime    = 1317972665;
    genesis.nBits    = 0x8e0ffff0;
    genesis.nNonce   = 2084524493;

return true;
}

This is, in essence, the complete approach - balances are transferred by programmatically creating transactions and embedding them in the genesis block. Then, when owners import their privkeys, the wallet (which is a UTXO browser) shows the UTXO balance. Ledger transferred.

I've done a couple of preliminary runs using sqlite for immediacy, one part way, the other complete (except that I inadvertently hit Ctl-C during the final commit, sigh). I've configured it to commit every 10000 records, then if it's interrupted again, it'll just pick up where it left off. I hope to have something for public discussion by the end of this week. By “something for public discussion”, I mean a hefty SQL dump that can be loaded into an RDBMS (PostgreSQL is recommended) and the ledger edited to the community's satifaction.

Sorry for the tedious detail, it's an inevitable consequence of total transparency.

Cheers

Graham

yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:58:24 PM

Sorry for the tedious detail, it's an inevitable consequence of total transparency.

It's greatly appreciated.
Thank you for the update!

Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: