Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 04:17:33 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis-mining.com || World's leading hashpower provider!  (Read 381364 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:51:03 AM

I really hate the Genesis Mining bashing in this topic.

People try Mining here in Europe, buy a miner and pay your 0.24 euro cent @1kw.
Thank you Genesis Mining for make i possible to mine at lower cost  Smiley

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:25:15 AM

I really hate the Genesis Mining bashing in this topic.

People try Mining here in Europe, buy a miner and pay your 0.24 euro cent @1kw.
Thank you Genesis Mining for make i possible to mine at lower cost  Smiley

I agree about the power, if i was mining SHA 256 at the prices I would have to pay for electricity, I would pay more for electricity than the bitcoin I mine.

So scrypt is definitely out of the question.

People really need to do research before buying things but with the blame culture, when something goes wrong people are always right and it is someone elses fault.

Minimaxa can not accept that he is wrong and GM is right....I guess..

What I do not understand is that just before you purchase you can view the contract and then you have to tick a box where you have agreed on the terms before purchasing. If you have agreed on the contract and the contract says that if payouts are less than the fee for 20 days in a row, then the contract is cancelled, how much brain power does it take to work out what it means.

Hashnest for example have it at 10 days on their accounts and already with their SHA 256 UMISOO contract in May, they went a few days without a payout because of the value of BTC hitting around 218 USD so if that had carried on then those contracts would have been cancelled as well.

Ian

Glucose

Activity: 853

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:43:37 AM

I'm quite sure Zeta and Ian are co-working with Genesis mining (kidding  Grin )

I can't agree with you guys. Even if I'm an "old" GM customer, and I'm quite happy with them (I never bought Scrypt - maybe that's why..).

You have to admit Genesis Mining is less and less customer friendly :

==> They almost never answer in this thread
==> They are promising "a game changing stuff blabalbla" for monthes. No more news of it. Was it even true? I asked them several time some news.. no answers..
==> Their ROI is one of the worst on the market (right now) and we can't sell our contracts (why ? If they are really mining it shouldn't be a problem...)
==> They are putting so much money in advertising stuff I'm thinking it's more and more suspect... That's how ponzi work.

Instead of having new customers, they should keep their oldest one. I don't think anyone who bought a lot a scrypt with them will ever reinvest money.

You both have to admit there are a lot of problems. And GM should face it and give constructive answers and solutions to their customers instead of hiding.

If they continue that way, their business will just collapse.

IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:44:24 PM

I can't agree with you guys. Even if I'm an "old" GM customer, and I'm quite happy with them (I never bought Scrypt - maybe that's why..).

Here are my experiences with Scrypt.

1. GAW Miners.. Their supposed prized Zen Hashlets, the best paying etc, well they had a way of cheating to say their hashlets were profitable near the end. Paying everyone 1 satoshi a day, if nobody believes me I did a huge series of videos on Youtube about that for a few months, so they could say they were still profitable.. They did with with all their scrypt based hashlets .They suddenly without any notice, stopped their Scrypt contracts, no warning, just a box that appeared when you logged in. Fees were way too high, they never lowered them 8 us cents per MH/s from when their contracts started and they never changed even after promising that they would lower costs over time.

2. Zeushash..Stopped Scrypt contracts in the middle of December and offered everyone as far as i know no matter how much Scrypt hashpower they had with 5 GH/s as a gesture. Yes so if you had 100 MH/s you got 5GH/s if you had 1MH/s, well you did ok, 5 GH/s but those who had more got screwed the most.  Started at 8 US Cents per MH/s and then offered contracts down to 5 US Cents before they stoppped.

3. Hashnest..Stopped Scrypt contracts because they were not profitable. Not sure if anyone got any compensation for that.

4. LTC Gear...well they just stopped and that was that.

5. Genesis Mining.

First of all offered 1 year Scrypt, still going for lots of people so the Scrypt machines that Minimax refers to are being used for people, including myself (still have a few 1 year contracts going) that purchased hashpower from them from around May 2014 upto September 2014 which end from May 2015 to September 2015. Sometime in September 2014 mainly because people were complaining that the price of a contract with GM was so expensive when competitors like GAW Miners and Zeushash were offering MH/s that was cheaper and was lifetime, GM had to adapt so started offering lifetime as well at reduced costs. A fee was included 8 US Cents per MH/s just the same as the other companies out there. Then a month or so later, if you look back that far here, Marco Krohn wrote here on the forum that even though the contract was advertised having a fee of 8 US Cents per MH/s they were actually only charging a fee of 5 US Cents per MH/s instead.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602022.msg9199942#msg9199942

Then in November, stopped selling Scrypt for a while, reason they were sold out of miners and had to wait for more.  A few weeks later more arrived in stock and they were newer Asics with better power. Costs for those contracts were just 4 US Cents per MH/s, half the cost of the old...But still Scrypt market fell and then in January the first zero payout happened and GM offered everyone a solution.. You can either wait it out and risk your contract being cancelled and losing everything or you can convert now to SHA, yes, some people were not happy,  but there were also a few that seemed ok about it, but considering you had a choice. perhaps lose everything or at least have something. then lots of people took the SHA Option. I did not and i waited and hoped the payout would be above zero during the 20 days. It was not, so thinking I had lost it all was surprised when GM sent out an email to those that risked it all and waited and told them that instead of cancelling our contracts and us getting nothing, they gave us the same deal regarding the Scrypt to GH/s and converted everyone. So instead of losing everything I at least got something back. For GM this happened mainly in February so because they were offering lower fees, they managed to at least survive with Scrypt longer than others mentioned.

Just my thoughts and experiences and I had a few.

Ian

Genesis-Mining

Activity: 429

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 05:33:30 PM

Thank you for the congratulations, Alejandro:

https://twitter.com/ikarudelabasto/status/615521453174341632

We are always happy to hear that we could help you! Smiley

Your Genesis Mining Team

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1484

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:05:33 AM

Your Genesis Mining Team

Half page full of criticism and they opt to ignore it and congratulate some user. I really wonder how did you survive in the market till now.

ZorroPai

Activity: 222

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:49:45 AM

Here are my experiences with Scrypt.

1. GAW Miners..
2. Zeushash..
3. Hashnest..
4. LTC Gear...

5. Genesis Mining.

First of all offered 1 year Scrypt, still going for lots of people so the Scrypt machines that Minimax refers to are being used for people, including myself (still have a few 1 year contracts going) that purchased hashpower from them from around May 2014 upto September 2014 which end from May 2015 to September 2015. Sometime in September 2014 mainly because people were complaining that the price of a contract with GM was so expensive when competitors like GAW Miners and Zeushash were offering MH/s that was cheaper and was lifetime, GM had to adapt so started offering lifetime as well at reduced costs. A fee was included 8 US Cents per MH/s just the same as the other companies out there. Then a month or so later, if you look back that far here, Marco Krohn wrote here on the forum that even though the contract was advertised having a fee of 8 US Cents per MH/s they were actually only charging a fee of 5 US Cents per MH/s instead.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602022.msg9199942#msg9199942

Then in November, stopped selling Scrypt for a while, reason they were sold out of miners and had to wait for more.  A few weeks later more arrived in stock and they were newer Asics with better power. Costs for those contracts were just 4 US Cents per MH/s, half the cost of the old...But still Scrypt market fell and then in January the first zero payout happened and GM offered everyone a solution.. You can either wait it out and risk your contract being cancelled and losing everything or you can convert now to SHA, yes, some people were not happy,  but there were also a few that seemed ok about it, but considering you had a choice. perhaps lose everything or at least have something. then lots of people took the SHA Option. I did not and i waited and hoped the payout would be above zero during the 20 days. It was not, so thinking I had lost it all was surprised when GM sent out an email to those that risked it all and waited and told them that instead of cancelling our contracts and us getting nothing, they gave us the same deal regarding the Scrypt to GH/s and converted everyone. So instead of losing everything I at least got something back. For GM this happened mainly in February so because they were offering lower fees, they managed to at least survive with Scrypt longer than others mentioned.

Just my thoughts and experiences and I had a few.

Ian

Thank you Jan for the overview.

I like also GM.

Kind regards,
Zorro

Here is the most customerfriendly faucetrotator: TinaRotator.com
Buy BTC, ETH, Dash and LTC @ BitPanda.com
Glucose

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:39:11 AM

Your Genesis Mining Team

Half page full of criticism and they opt to ignore it and congratulate some user. I really wonder how did you survive in the market till now.

Yeah..

==> They are promising "a game changing stuff blabalbla" for monthes. No more news of it. Was it even true? I asked them several time some news.. no answers..
==> Their ROI is one of the worst on the market (right now) and we can't sell our contracts (why ? If they are really mining it shouldn't be a problem...)
==> They are putting so much money in advertising stuff I'm thinking it's more and more suspect... That's how ponzi work.

This is the part I'm interested in an answer Ian. You are doing the same as GM : Only answering the part you want to answer ;-)

(I agree with you with the scrypt part. It was the best they could offer in this situation)

IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 09:11:12 AM

Your Genesis Mining Team

Yeah..

This is the part I'm interested in an answer Ian. You are doing the same as GM : Only answering the part you want to answer ;-)

(I agree with you with the scrypt part. It was the best they could offer in this situation)

Well unlike lots of users on this forum, I am not here 24 hours a day 7 days a week, like some Smiley

I do not agree with your comment about advertising though, I thought ponzi schemes were more about giving their referrals huge 10 % bonuses or more or doing offers like 100GH/s free for a certain amount of time, some of the offers that zeushash have also emailed to me about have been crazy as well in the past, 25% or 35% discounts for example, but GM tend to offer small discounts compared to those. I mean companies have to advertise to get customers, especially with lots of competitors, legit or illegitimate out there at the moment.

I agree with you on the announcements, but then I was used to Josh at GAW doing crazy announcements, some came, some never and regarding selling hashpower have an account with hashnest for example and like the way I can trade with the hashpower and sell it further down the line.

Ian

Glucose

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 12:52:53 PM

GM tend to offer small discounts compared to those.

Yeah that's quite true. Maybe you're right :-)

Genesis-Mining

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 03:15:55 AM

Dear Genesis Mining Comunity

As some of you know we recently held a coin poll in which Zetacoin (ZET) was the most popular choice.

We are happy to announce that it has now been added in our interface.

Happy Mining!

Your Genesis Mining team.

Genesis-Mining

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 05:46:15 AM

You have to admit Genesis Mining is less and less customer friendly :

Instead of having new customers, they should keep their oldest one. I don't think anyone who bought a lot a scrypt with them will ever reinvest money.

You both have to admit there are a lot of problems. And GM should face it and give constructive answers and solutions to their customers instead of hiding.

Hello Glucose,

First of all I want to say that it is good to see some honest and critical views, that at least to my extent of knowledge, are not coming from or are influenced by competing companies or actors with bad intentions.

Please let me directly answer your questions here:

1) Yes, our activity in this thread is rather limited and could be more. Some reasons for this are the following:

a) Since customer support is one of our highest priorities we are putting a lot of effort in direct and individual support by email via our support center that you can reach on contact@genesis-mining.com. Our support team is doing a great job there and every question is answered individually. We get a lot of positive feedback on this and I am glad we could help everybody there so far although there is a huge load of tickets every day.

b) Unfortunately on bitcointalk there is a high degree of advertisement driven manipulation. In particular for this thread competitors are taking the chance to influence readers in an indirect way to purchase their products. This results sadly often in unjustified criticism and even worse people spending money in services they later repent. We are neither blocking comments alike nor are we going actively against such companies. It is not professional for us to talk bad about competitors even if there is high chance of illegal activity. The most efficient way against this our opinion is to educate as much as possible which we prefer to do. (one example: http://bankinnovation.net/2015/04/most-bitcoin-cloudmining-operations-are-ponzi-schemes/)
Also we are against censorship so we talerate in general all comments no matter how unjustified they are. (Only in extreme cases when for example people get offended we are forced to take action, but this only happened very few times. Maybe 3-5 comments on all thousands of comments here.)

Don't get me wrong: The community is essential to bitcoin and bitcointalk is the key platform for it. We also want to be as active as possible here, but please also respect the above points. 

2) The "game changing stuff" was and is indeed "game changing", but unfortunately we still did not come to this point to be able to disclose any information regarding this to the public. I am sorry about this and I have to admit that we had no intention and did not expect this to take so long, that is why we announced it already few months ago. We learned from this, but there is something to come everybody can be excited about.

3') Seeing it from the risk perspective I think we currently have the product with the most attractive return on the market. I don't want to go too much into details and this is also not meant to be a promotional post, but besides some few legit cloudmining companies the market is full of illegal actors and high risk operations. For illegal actors I am referring to ponzi schemes of which we see these days almost every week one of them blowing off and for high risk operations I am referring to generally cloudmining facilities that have higher operational risks due to for example political instabilities, operational risks due to dishonest business partners or uncertainties regarding electricity conditions. (just one quick example regarding dishonest business partners here: http://cryptomining-blog.com/4463-the-amhash-mining-operation-robbed-of-mining-hardware/)

Our farms are highly secured and are in politically stable regions. Also our electricity conditions are fixed contractually and we are more than cautious to guarantee our hashpower!
Minimizing risks and giving our customers confidence that we provide a sustainable business where they can rely on the conditions they get in their contracts was key for us from the beginning. This is the reason why we are basically the only cloudminer from the early birds that started operation 2013/ beginning 2014 that are still operating since a significant number of earlier competitors couldn't manage lower bitcoin price scenarios and went insolvent because they could not pay their DCs anymore.
We are operating flawlessly from the beginning having not missed a single payout for all the 400+ days of operation so far. We keep what we promise and all of our customers can be certain and can rely on the fact that we will deliver the mining returns as we promise.

3'') The question of why we are not offering hashpower trading is very good and we had long discussions about this already more than a year ago. The reason why we are not doing this is because we would need a licence for securities trading from the SEC. Most of the competitors who offered this service already received subpoenas and are not operating anymore. We have a lot of responsibilities towards our customers and doing anything that threatens our operation to that extent is not acceptable for us.

4) Our userbase is growing very fast and especially now due to the special situation of rising bitcoin price and still, since long time, flat difficulty, people quickly start seeing how much opportunity there is in mining. I don't think it is wrong to do advertisements now.

Thanks a lot for your good and legit criticism. I hope I could help you at least with some points.

Also I want to do a little announcement at the end: We are going to start a series of monthly webinars where all of you can ask questions to us and we will answer them live. We will start with the first already in July and I am really excited about this! You will hear more info regarding this in the new newsletter.

All the best and happy mining!
Marco Streng

Zeta0S
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:49:49 AM

+1

ZorroPai

Activity: 222

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:45:37 PM

Also I want to do a little announcement at the end: We are going to start a series of monthly webinars where all of you can ask questions to us and we will answer them live. We will start with the first already in July and I am really excited about this! You will hear more info regarding this in the new newsletter.

Marco Streng

Hi Marco,

regarding the webinars it is nice to participate live but please make an archive where it can be seen at a later time also.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Zorro

Here is the most customerfriendly faucetrotator: TinaRotator.com
Buy BTC, ETH, Dash and LTC @ BitPanda.com
Genesis-Mining

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 06:34:41 AM

Marco Streng

Hi Marco,

regarding the webinars it is nice to participate live but please make an archive where it can be seen at a later time also.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Zorro

Hey Zorro,

Sure! All live sessions will be uploaded to our Youtube channel so that you can view them any time afterwards. You will get all details soon by mail!

Greetings,
Marco

creuz

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:44:45 AM

4) Our userbase is growing very fast and especially now due to the special situation of rising bitcoin price and still, since long time, flat difficulty, people quickly start seeing how much opportunity there is in mining. I don't think it is wrong to do advertisements now.

Mutually exclusive events... the more I read you the less I trust you.

Once again, I suppose you are using the Scrypt mining hardware we paid to mine for yourself now it is highly profitable again, assuming this hardware had ever existed...
creuz

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:54:31 AM

I can't understand why people claiming to be legit and serious are not showing us their real hash power and mining address, it is so easy and a radical way to stop criticism.

You are not clear and we know why : at best you are doing fractional-reserve mining, at worst you are not mining at all, just scamming.
Zeta0S
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 06:12:13 PM

I can't understand why people claiming to be legit and serious are not showing us their real hash power and mining address, it is so easy and a radical way to stop criticism.

You are not clear and we know why : at best you are doing fractional-reserve mining, at worst you are not mining at all, just scamming.

I posted my payouts and wallet addresses, you can check the chain where the coins come from

DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 01:30:13 AM

still trying to back read and get some info about genesis-mining
but all i can read are rants from different people
i guess that means go search for another mining site to your BTC

██               ██     ███          ██     ███████████████              ██                  ▄▄█████▄▄         ███████████████
██               ██     ████         ██     ██                          ████              ▄██▀▀     ▀▀██▄      ██
██               ██     ██ ██        ██     ██                         ██  ██            ██▀           ▀██     ██
██               ██     ██  ██       ██     ██                        ██    ██          ██                     ██
██               ██     ██   ██      ██     ██                       ██      ██        ██                      ██
██               ██     ██    ██     ██     █████████████           ██        ██       ██                      █████████████
██               ██     ██     ██    ██     ██                     ██          ██      ██               ██     ██
██               ██     ██      ██   ██     ██                    ██            ██     ██               ██     ██
██               ██     ██       ██  ██     ██                   ████          ████     ██              ██     ██
██               ██     ██        ██ ██     ██                  ██  ██        ██  ██     ██▄           ▄██     ██
██               ██     ██         ████     ██                 ██    ██      ██    ██     ▀██▄▄     ▄▄██▀      ██
█████████████    ██     ██          ███     ███████████████   ████████████████████████       ▀▀█████▀▀         ███████████████
||
fatih17

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:46:01 AM

can someone explain to me is it fine for invest ?

Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.