Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis-mining.com || World's leading hashpower provider!  (Read 400012 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Genesis-Mining (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 03:15:55 AM

Dear Genesis Mining Comunity

As some of you know we recently held a coin poll in which Zetacoin (ZET) was the most popular choice.

We are happy to announce that it has now been added in our interface.

Happy Mining!

Your Genesis Mining team.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Genesis-Mining (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 05:46:15 AM

I'm quite sure Zeta and Ian are co-working with Genesis mining (kidding  Grin )

I can't agree with you guys. Even if I'm an "old" GM customer, and I'm quite happy with them (I never bought Scrypt - maybe that's why..).

You have to admit Genesis Mining is less and less customer friendly :

==> They almost never answer in this thread
==> They are promising "a game changing stuff blabalbla" for monthes. No more news of it. Was it even true? I asked them several time some news.. no answers..
==> Their ROI is one of the worst on the market (right now) and we can't sell our contracts (why ? If they are really mining it shouldn't be a problem...)
==> They are putting so much money in advertising stuff I'm thinking it's more and more suspect... That's how ponzi work.

Instead of having new customers, they should keep their oldest one. I don't think anyone who bought a lot a scrypt with them will ever reinvest money.

You both have to admit there are a lot of problems. And GM should face it and give constructive answers and solutions to their customers instead of hiding.

If they continue that way, their business will just collapse.

Hello Glucose,

First of all I want to say that it is good to see some honest and critical views, that at least to my extent of knowledge, are not coming from or are influenced by competing companies or actors with bad intentions.

Please let me directly answer your questions here:

1) Yes, our activity in this thread is rather limited and could be more. Some reasons for this are the following:

a) Since customer support is one of our highest priorities we are putting a lot of effort in direct and individual support by email via our support center that you can reach on contact@genesis-mining.com. Our support team is doing a great job there and every question is answered individually. We get a lot of positive feedback on this and I am glad we could help everybody there so far although there is a huge load of tickets every day.

b) Unfortunately on bitcointalk there is a high degree of advertisement driven manipulation. In particular for this thread competitors are taking the chance to influence readers in an indirect way to purchase their products. This results sadly often in unjustified criticism and even worse people spending money in services they later repent. We are neither blocking comments alike nor are we going actively against such companies. It is not professional for us to talk bad about competitors even if there is high chance of illegal activity. The most efficient way against this our opinion is to educate as much as possible which we prefer to do. (one example: http://bankinnovation.net/2015/04/most-bitcoin-cloudmining-operations-are-ponzi-schemes/)
Also we are against censorship so we talerate in general all comments no matter how unjustified they are. (Only in extreme cases when for example people get offended we are forced to take action, but this only happened very few times. Maybe 3-5 comments on all thousands of comments here.)

Don't get me wrong: The community is essential to bitcoin and bitcointalk is the key platform for it. We also want to be as active as possible here, but please also respect the above points. 

2) The "game changing stuff" was and is indeed "game changing", but unfortunately we still did not come to this point to be able to disclose any information regarding this to the public. I am sorry about this and I have to admit that we had no intention and did not expect this to take so long, that is why we announced it already few months ago. We learned from this, but there is something to come everybody can be excited about.

3') Seeing it from the risk perspective I think we currently have the product with the most attractive return on the market. I don't want to go too much into details and this is also not meant to be a promotional post, but besides some few legit cloudmining companies the market is full of illegal actors and high risk operations. For illegal actors I am referring to ponzi schemes of which we see these days almost every week one of them blowing off and for high risk operations I am referring to generally cloudmining facilities that have higher operational risks due to for example political instabilities, operational risks due to dishonest business partners or uncertainties regarding electricity conditions. (just one quick example regarding dishonest business partners here: http://cryptomining-blog.com/4463-the-amhash-mining-operation-robbed-of-mining-hardware/)

Our farms are highly secured and are in politically stable regions. Also our electricity conditions are fixed contractually and we are more than cautious to guarantee our hashpower!
Minimizing risks and giving our customers confidence that we provide a sustainable business where they can rely on the conditions they get in their contracts was key for us from the beginning. This is the reason why we are basically the only cloudminer from the early birds that started operation 2013/ beginning 2014 that are still operating since a significant number of earlier competitors couldn't manage lower bitcoin price scenarios and went insolvent because they could not pay their DCs anymore.
We are operating flawlessly from the beginning having not missed a single payout for all the 400+ days of operation so far. We keep what we promise and all of our customers can be certain and can rely on the fact that we will deliver the mining returns as we promise.

3'') The question of why we are not offering hashpower trading is very good and we had long discussions about this already more than a year ago. The reason why we are not doing this is because we would need a licence for securities trading from the SEC. Most of the competitors who offered this service already received subpoenas and are not operating anymore. We have a lot of responsibilities towards our customers and doing anything that threatens our operation to that extent is not acceptable for us.

4) Our userbase is growing very fast and especially now due to the special situation of rising bitcoin price and still, since long time, flat difficulty, people quickly start seeing how much opportunity there is in mining. I don't think it is wrong to do advertisements now.

Thanks a lot for your good and legit criticism. I hope I could help you at least with some points.

Also I want to do a little announcement at the end: We are going to start a series of monthly webinars where all of you can ask questions to us and we will answer them live. We will start with the first already in July and I am really excited about this! You will hear more info regarding this in the new newsletter.

All the best and happy mining!
Marco Streng

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:49:49 AM

+1

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
ZorroPai

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:45:37 PM

Also I want to do a little announcement at the end: We are going to start a series of monthly webinars where all of you can ask questions to us and we will answer them live. We will start with the first already in July and I am really excited about this! You will hear more info regarding this in the new newsletter.

Marco Streng

Hi Marco,

regarding the webinars it is nice to participate live but please make an archive where it can be seen at a later time also.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Zorro

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
Genesis-Mining (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 06:34:41 AM

Marco Streng

Hi Marco,

regarding the webinars it is nice to participate live but please make an archive where it can be seen at a later time also.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Zorro

Hey Zorro,

Sure! All live sessions will be uploaded to our Youtube channel so that you can view them any time afterwards. You will get all details soon by mail!

Greetings,
Marco

creuz

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:44:45 AM

4) Our userbase is growing very fast and especially now due to the special situation of rising bitcoin price and still, since long time, flat difficulty, people quickly start seeing how much opportunity there is in mining. I don't think it is wrong to do advertisements now.

Mutually exclusive events... the more I read you the less I trust you.

Once again, I suppose you are using the Scrypt mining hardware we paid to mine for yourself now it is highly profitable again, assuming this hardware had ever existed...
creuz

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 11:54:31 AM

I can't understand why people claiming to be legit and serious are not showing us their real hash power and mining address, it is so easy and a radical way to stop criticism.

You are not clear and we know why : at best you are doing fractional-reserve mining, at worst you are not mining at all, just scamming.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 06:12:13 PM

I can't understand why people claiming to be legit and serious are not showing us their real hash power and mining address, it is so easy and a radical way to stop criticism.

You are not clear and we know why : at best you are doing fractional-reserve mining, at worst you are not mining at all, just scamming.

I posted my payouts and wallet addresses, you can check the chain where the coins come from

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 01:30:13 AM

still trying to back read and get some info about genesis-mining
but all i can read are rants from different people
i guess that means go search for another mining site to your BTC
fatih17

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:46:01 AM

can someone explain to me is it fine for invest ?

creuz

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 08:23:09 PM

40000 satoshi each day for 100 Gh/s (it was 50000 100 days ago), 100 Gh/s is 45$ or 20 000 000 satoshi, if you are lucky you will get back your coins in 500 days but in fact you won't because payout will be 30000 for 100 Gh/s in 100 days then 20000 in 200 days, so the ROI in more 1000+ days than 500. In the end you will never get your money back.

Anyway they claim to have more and more customers but global hashrate is just constant, conclusion Genesis Mining with their unreachable ROI are attracting customers from other miners, or this is likely a scam doing fractional-reserve mining... spot the mistake Wink

Finally they don't want to prove their hashrate : it's so easy, they have to show us the block they found yesterday. They act as an obscure service while cryptocurrencies allow them to be clear. Conclusion : Genesis Mining is a scam.

If you want to invest, just buy coins now then wait... Bitcoin and Litecoin are cheap nowadays. Don't give your money to these fake mining services.
creuz

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:36:33 PM

can someone explain to me is it fine for invest ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/31ulhm/anyone_use_genesismining_or_cloudminrio_for_cloud/
Genesis-Mining (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 11:02:01 PM

Hey creuz,

Thank you for your comments and your feedback. The question is a good one, unfortunately, there is no short and easy answer. Let me explain below why:

Just showing a couple of mining addresses (+ proof ownership) is not sufficient because:
(a) the amount of hashrate sold would be needed too, and
(b) the hashrate could be rented on a short term basis only.

The first point could be partially mitigated by using Merkle-trees etc., but there would still be (b). It makes little sense for us to spend considerable resources on setting up a complex system to "proof" hashrate ownership, which is not even bullet-proof in the end. Resources that we would miss on other ends, eg., for building an excellent tool for managing huge mining farms (Genesis Hive – see below).

Another point is that we would like to protect our business secrecies. Some competitors are very interested in getting to know how much hashpower we have and how much we sell every day. We are not publishing this kind of information for a reason.

A couple of things that we are doing to give everyone comfort that Genesis Mining is doing real mining:

* photos & videos:  we are showing videos and photos from our mining farms (often with people from the team / or GM logos on it)
* endorsements: several hardware manufacturers have endorsed us, because we purchased a lot of miners from them (inter-alia Zeus, Bitmain, Spondoolies)
* tours: we allow large investors to visit our farm and show it to them
* mining management software: we have created Genesis Hive ( http://genesis-hive.com/ ); this is a special software dedicated to manage huge mining farms: if you control 1000s of miners you want to use specialized software. (Sidenote: we are pretty proud of this product: it started as a couple of small scripts and after a year of development became a nice product on its own - and already in use by two competitors!)
* there are more things we are doing: being transparent about the people involved, presenting on conferences etc.

We know this is not a 100% proof, but unfortunately there is no such thing as 100% in this case. Please do not get me wrong: I think you are asking the right question, and I honestly wish more users would carefully analyse the companies they are dealing with. I was shocked when I saw how many users trusted the bitcoin cloud services scam.

Anyway, to come back to your original question: we have decided that we will publish one of our BTC mining addresses within the next week (about 2 PH/s). Hopefully, it will give you some more comfort that we are very real.

Cheers,
  Marco

creuz

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 11:33:32 PM

Anyway, to come back to your original question: we have decided that we will publish one of our BTC mining addresses within the next week (about 2 PH/s). Hopefully, it will give you some more comfort that we are very real.

Hi,

Finally !

Publishing one of your BTC mining addresses is a good start.

In the future, if you provide evidence that you are doing a real work I will be able to buy again from your company (even at loss). A real time list of found blocks on the web site would make Genesis Mining completely unblamable, this is what amateurs mining pools are doing, I'm confident you are technically able to have it. I accept to lose money for a real hashing power (because it is at least securising the network), but not for a fake service.

Kind regards.
creuz

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 11:45:05 PM

Another point is that we would like to protect our business secrecies. Some competitors are very interested in getting to know how much hashpower we have and how much we sell every day. We are not publishing this kind of information for a reason.

Sorry you have to choose between transparency toward your customers and your so-called business secrecies. This is a false argument and the worst one, used by a lot of scammers before, so scam for scam we won't pay your more expensive service.

Keep in mind we are your business ; if you consider your hardware before your customers, don't ask us to buy your hashrate, mine for yourself.

netpeak

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:06:10 AM

I believe in GM and upgraded hash power Saturday, and today again because it's such a good deal for me paying with bitcoins I bought 20% cheaper than today's price  Cool

The statements of Genesis here are much appreciated, very clear and polite language. In such a competing business like mining I don't think many companies will be much more transparent than Genesis.
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 03:55:06 PM

Publishing one of your BTC mining addresses is a good start.

Recent payments I got can be traced back to Eligius quite directly, I only have a very small amount of hash-power though, so it's not a very representative sample (I get a fraction of mBTC per day).

After a bit of taint analysis, here is what the GM hot wallet I'm paid from got from Eligius in the last days:

July 5: 51.32 BTC
July 4: 59.44 BTC
July 3: 8.22 BTC
July 2: 47.60 BTC
July 1: 61.36 BTC

This is just one pool, and just a taint analysis guesstimation, actual values are higher, and it's also chump change for the GM wallet.

So far taint analysis guesstimation shows at least between 5000 and 6000 BTC transited that hot wallet since its creation, with a current balance of at least 120 BTC.

The bulk of the deposits to that hot wallet (4300 BTC) seems to be from a script-hash wallet (addresses beginning with 3), which has lots of I/O with various crypto exchanges, so I would guess it's their auto-trader selling alts they mined for BTC.

All in all, that's not a huge amount of BTC for a major mining company (given that 7200 BTC are mined everyday, and the above hot wallet is quite old), so this would have to be a hot wallet for small-time small-hash-power customers and alt-crypto trading, with larger customers handled separately.

Finally, take all the above with a shovel of salt, this is guesstimation Smiley

Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 07:30:08 PM

well they said 1 of the mining servers was a mere 2 ph/s which isn't jack vs the 405,204.935 th/s total hash rate  that's less then .02 % if that, genesis would have to mine at some other pool to even find a block in 24 hours.

Icon

Wintermute

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:56:19 AM

well they said 1 of the mining servers was a mere 2 ph/s which isn't jack vs the 405,204.935 th/s total hash rate  that's less then .02 % if that, genesis would have to mine at some other pool to even find a block in 24 hours.

Icon

Total hashrate: approx. 380 PH/s   ( https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty )

2 PH/s => 0.53%

@fairglu: the daily payout is about 3600 BTC  (=25*24*6)
Genesis-Mining (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 01:51:16 PM

Dear Genesis Mining Community.

We recently did a poll about block sizes which some of our users contributed to and the link below is an article with the thoughts
of the block size debate from our perspective and some other thoughts of Marco Streng, CEO of Genesis Mining.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/please-raise-block-size-bitcoin-mining-community-poll/

Your Genesis Mining Team

Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: