Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:39:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:42:37 PM

Looks like a nice little pennant forming. Perhaps an upward breakout in a few hours?

The sell volume dried up under 1900, A sell order of almost 10 btc got ate away lil by little with plenty of time to cause a panic, no such luck.

The week hands are almost done here and the 1 hr candles continually show bid support building till a breakout occurs followed by consolidation. Pretty powerful move so far, a small break is not bad, the march higher resumes shortly in my opinion as well.

Lol as im typing this a nice buy order took away a lot of resistance levels. They will build back up, but bid support should take us over .00019 and back to test / hold hopefully the key 0.0002 lvl to base for next leg up.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:43:26 PM

Looks like a nice little pennant forming. Perhaps an upward breakout in a few hours?

where are u seeing it?

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/vrcbtc
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:46:37 PM

How do we make this coin irresistible to miners? If we want to take litecoins top spot don't we need the hashing power?

Right now, the mining pool is the biggest drawback for VRC.  Very few frills and not enough stats that miners are accustomed to:  Pool stats, user stats, shares earned, etc.  I may be wrong, but I believe that pool.vericoin.info is simply mining other altcoins and converting them to VRC.  (Correct me if I'm wrong.)  If that's the case, I realyl have no incentive to mine there.  I could just mine DRK and convert it myself.  Or, LTC.

That's the point of the (multi)pool. PoW ended, lasted only 14days.

I have mined X11 for 8 hours twice (so a total of 16 hours) and Sha256 for 8 hours and have yet to receive a single VRC from the pool. How are others finding the profitability?

I've been mining for a few days there (frustratingly mining in the dark).  The VRC trickels in every hour.  But like I said, without stats, I have no idea how effective I am versus just mining another coin and converting it.  Plus, there's a 2.5% mining fee.  I can do better...

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
IsabellaA

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:51:15 PM

i am not impressed by the stakereward formula.  Grin
bit-coin.pt

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

bit-coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:25:16 PM

Hello again, haven't been active her in the forum for the last days... have been mostly on twitter and facebook promoting VeriCoin

So today I've created one group on Facebook for VeriCoin called - VeriCoin International -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/vericoin.international/ and I would like to invite all the community to join it. It's sort of the oficial group for VeriCoin with Patrick Nosker as an admin and not some shady facebook group. The goal is to become the largest facebook for VeriCoin where the community can share all the stuff related to Vericoin.

So here's the link again and join us, share it and promote the group! Let's make this happen guys!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vericoin.international/

Bit-Coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal - Ajuda o projecto com donativos para 18brXUnsJEXmmEwuwdf7QfkfwQY341492f
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:26:33 PM

How do we make this coin irresistible to miners? If we want to take litecoins top spot don't we need the hashing power?

Right now, the mining pool is the biggest drawback for VRC.  Very few frills and not enough stats that miners are accustomed to:  Pool stats, user stats, shares earned, etc.  I may be wrong, but I believe that pool.vericoin.info is simply mining other altcoins and converting them to VRC.  (Correct me if I'm wrong.)  If that's the case, I realyl have no incentive to mine there.  I could just mine DRK and convert it myself.  Or, LTC.

That's the point of the (multi)pool. PoW ended, lasted only 14days.

I have mined X11 for 8 hours twice (so a total of 16 hours) and Sha256 for 8 hours and have yet to receive a single VRC from the pool. How are others finding the profitability?

I've been mining for a few days there (frustratingly mining in the dark).  The VRC trickels in every hour.  But like I said, without stats, I have no idea how effective I am versus just mining another coin and converting it.  Plus, there's a 2.5% mining fee.  I can do better...

If I am not mistaken stats for the Multipool are going to be implemented when the new NOMP update comes out, Also there is a seperate project going on that will address all issues of the multipool. I can say nothing more at this time Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
PositivelyInsane

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:37:06 PM

can anyone help me understand why coins such as RZR and XMR are valued so much higher than VRC… i just dont understand the logic on these coins (or altcoins) for that matter…does that mean they are better than VRC?
X-Laboratories

Activity: 163

founder of X-Laboratories

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:44:33 PM

vericoin 1h  mintpal chart (bollinger bands confirming uptrend)
Enjoy the ride.

https://twitter.com/XLaboratories/status/481189618394492928

"sine secretum non libertas"
BTC 1ABmTBQ3BAJ8tY6EpPM9a6ZoaWsaJipdGV
LTC LS5ejuvBJFAEZEDhYf3KAN8nGjjayTYxez
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:45:05 PM

can anyone help me understand why coins such as RZR and XMR are valued so much higher than VRC… i just dont understand the logic on these coins (or altcoins) for that matter…does that mean they are better than VRC?
They have less coins.

_@/'
bitspender

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:54:06 PM

I love this coin!
OmnicoinHF

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:14:14 PM

this coin 0.01+ in 2015
scibi

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:15:14 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 11:26:45 PM by scibi

this coin 0.01+ in 2015
activity 1 member, thanks for advice is only x50 Smiley
nope. but it will get 0.001 in max 2-3 weeks.
bit-coin.pt

Activity: 154

bit-coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 11:36:27 PM

I love this coin!

Guess what... this coin also loves you bitspender Wink

Bit-Coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal - Ajuda o projecto com donativos para 18brXUnsJEXmmEwuwdf7QfkfwQY341492f
jertsy

Activity: 341

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:39:50 PM

They have less coins.

42 coin is worth over 8 bitcoins each, but there will only be 42 coins minted when it's fully mined.
scibi

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:41:24 PM

VRC is in top 10 on http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/
and we going up ! Smiley
ssmc2
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:42:15 PM

They have less coins.

42 coin is worth over 8 bitcoins each, but there will only be 42 coins minted when it's fully mined.

That's nothing, wait til they see my 1 coin. Only one will ever be minted and it will be all MINE!!!!
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:53:03 PM

THE DEV TEAM: THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY

Yesterday, in a gesture that deserves praise and, hopefully, will set the standards for the rest of crypto world, the devs of Vericoin came forward, took down their anon masks (not so much in the case of Nokster, for he was already identified prior) and released not only their real names but also a professional bio and photo of each. As it should, the reaction has been extremely positive and the reaction of the market, equally clear: This is the way to go and from now on anon from devs is going to be a hard sell in Crypto. Again, as it should.

THE GOOD

It is, indeed, very good, to know who are the people behind the development of Vericoin. Mind you, even before they came out, the only barrier they did not pass to be included in my WALL OF HONOR was the fact that their thread, this one, is self-moderated. So I was quite partial in favor of VRC even before the three of them, instead of just Patrick, decided to assume, publicly, the responsibility as developers here. It is also comforting to know that David Boehm is a software developer good enough to be working for Microsoft and that both Patrick Nosker and Douglas Pike are technologically adept individuals. Besides this, it is evident that the trio has a brain. Good enough to recognize, admit and put a tamper on their limitations?

THE BAD

It is bad, on the other hand, that these three are what is commonly known as "techies", which means that while the technical aspects of the development of the coin could be in relatively good hands, the other, vital, aspects of the process sorely miss. It is comforting -again- to know that not only they recognize this shortcoming but that they are taking decisive steps to fill the holes (they are actively looking for a "guru" to promote the coin and, presumably, to set a strategy and budget for such). The guru -or just somebody with knowledge, reputation and expertise- hopefully will cover the many shortcomings in that regard, not the least of which is the PR-impairment of both Patrick and Douglas, amply evidenced, unfortunately, in some posts in this very thread.

On similar level of importance, there's another huge shortcoming in VRC: Financial knowledge. Another -or perhaps the same- "guru" would be badly needed for this coin to have the solid progress that the community expects and is willing to finance.

Also on that regard, although the three are tech-adept, perhaps a unified goal-setter and designer of tech strategy would be advisable to decide which are the features worth the investment of time and resources for it is only human inclination to go on the direction we find easier to achieve results and that most interests us, creatively and personality-wise, rather than facing the music of the challenges presented by the competition or, much worse, venturing on unexplored innovation territory, both of which are way more important than putting out the new cute "gadget". As a couple of examples I will submit the VeriBit feature that maybe a side-necessity at some point but, at this state of the race, brings absolutely nothing of substance to VRC. Likewise the "innovation" of the "dynamic interest" a), serves no real practical purpose -produces insignificant results AND encourages hoarding, which is and should be against the strategy of the coin and b), has not been explained in its potential "convenience" in any way that anyone can really understand, even people quite knowledgeable and experience in crypto.

THE UGLY

Here's where the greed/delusion of a part of the community plays such and absurd -and ultimately negative- part. The bios posted by David, Patrick and Douglas clearly show who they are: A young engineer working for the One Drive program of Microsoft (David) and two students of Molecular Biology and advanced teach aficionados that started mining a few years back among their many teach hobbies, one of which has been the creation of a very obscure website dedicated to review tech gadgets. It is so obscure, in fact, and so unsuccessful, that it was last updated on April of this year, more than 2 months ago... peculiarly enough, just about the time when Patrick and Douglas must have decided that creating their own altcoin would indeed be much more profitable than mining and, perhaps, even less demanding in some ways. That website may have granted them both credentials to CES four years in a row, but nothing else, really, was achieved after many years of dedication.

Let's take a look as some details: the trio are alumni and presumably met at Rutgers. Rutgers University is not precisely and icon of the US -or the world-  high education, precisely. As a matter of fact it barely ranks as the 69-70th in the US among American universities. Ah but what about their tech specs? Not much better. As a matter of fact it doesn't even appear among the 50 top institution of tech education in the world and, likewise, not among the 22 top such institutions in the United States. So "greatest" honors from Rutgers, per se, doesn't buy you a ticket to the big leagues. Besides that, only David actually completed a Master's Degree in Computer Sciences, while Patrick and Douglas are pursuing, as full time students, other endeavors going much more toward other sciences, most particularly Molecular Biology and Biomedical Engineering... not exactly anything even remotely linked to alt currencies development.

Of most significance, though, is the fact that Vericoin is, obviously, just a hobby for these three. A hobby to which they can only dedicate a very limited number of hours/day/week, to boot. As full time employee of Microsoft, David is more than busy, I assure you, trying to keep up with the much more successful advancements of rival Google Drive division. He may not have a social life to speak of -I don't know- but reasonably, considering his age, he should eventually have one... and plenty of money to enjoy it fully (especially if VRC is ever really successful). Either way, his hours of dedication are severely limited by obvious reasons, let alone the fact that there will not be any schedule pressure on him for this is, after all, his coin and he knows, tech-wise, more than any other individual in the team about the real challenges that is faces and what achievements are just inefficient gitzmos he creates practically while sleeping.

As for both Patrick and Douglas, I'm sure the readers can easily related to the time dedication and huge effort one must come to terms with to achieve even barely decent results when trying to achieve graduation in careers as complex as the ones these two are embarked on -Patrick two at the same time, to boot-. Yes in the beginning, and for weeks or even a couple of months, adrenaline alone powers the engines to seemingly unlimited hours or tedious -most of the time- work and dedication. It is, obviously, not sustainable. Come September it's back to REAL work and scheduled papers and evaluations. Rest, no matter how young you are, is eventually a bodily function need.

The conclusion of this evaluation, if I can be redundant, is pretty much the same than the markets have evidenced, from the initial enthusiasm to the sobering reflection: If it is to go forward, this coin needs much more than the very positive step of voluntarily unmask its trio of young and inexperienced, main developers. It needs qualified individuals, along those three, who can make of Vericoin the leading enterprise -worth millions of dollars- that it could potentially be.
ssmc2
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:56:14 PM

Funny how your bad and ugly takes up many times the amount of space as your good.  Roll Eyes FUD right on cue people.
Vinculin

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:08:02 AM

THE DEV TEAM: THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY

Yesterday, in a gesture that deserves praise and, hopefully, will set the standards for the rest of crypto world, the devs of Vericoin came forward, took down their anon masks (not so much in the case of Nokster, for he was already identified prior) and released not only their real names but also a professional bio and photo of each. As it should, the reaction has been extremely positive and the reaction of the market, equally clear: This is the way to go and from now on anon from devs is going to be a hard sell in Crypto. Again, as it should.

THE GOOD

It is, indeed, very good, to know who are the people behind the development of Vericoin. Mind you, even before they came out, the only barrier they did not pass to be included in my WALL OF HONOR was the fact that their thread, this one, is self-moderated. So I was quite partial in favor of VRC even before the three of them, instead of just Patrick, decided to assume, publicly, the responsibility as developers here. It is also comforting to know that David Boehm is a software developer good enough to be working for Microsoft and that both Patrick Nosker and Douglas Pike are technologically adept individuals. Besides this, it is evident that the trio has a brain. Good enough to recognize, admit and put a tamper on their limitations?

THE BAD

It is bad, on the other hand, that these three are what is commonly known as "techies", which means that while the technical aspects of the development of the coin could be in relatively good hands, the other, vital, aspects of the process sorely miss. It is comforting -again- to know that not only they recognize this shortcoming but that they are taking decisive steps to fill the holes (they are actively looking for a "guru" to promote the coin and, presumably, to set a strategy and budget for such). The guru -or just somebody with knowledge, reputation and expertise- hopefully will cover the many shortcomings in that regard, not the least of which is the PR-impairment of both Patrick and Douglas, amply evidenced, unfortunately, in some posts in this very thread.

On similar level of importance, there's another huge shortcoming in VRC: Financial knowledge. Another -or perhaps the same- "guru" would be badly needed for this coin to have the solid progress that the community expects and is willing to finance.

Also on that regard, although the three are tech-adept, perhaps a unified goal-setter and designer of tech strategy would be advisable to decide which are the features worth the investment of time and resources for it is only human inclination to go on the direction we find easier to achieve results and that most interests us, creatively and personality-wise, rather than facing the music of the challenges presented by the competition or, much worse, venturing on unexplored innovation territory, both of which are way more important than putting out the new cute "gadget". As a couple of examples I will submit the VeriBit feature that maybe a side-necessity at some point but, at this state of the race, brings absolutely nothing of substance to VRC. Likewise the "innovation" of the "dynamic interest" a), serves no real practical purpose -produces insignificant results AND encourages hoarding, which is and should be against the strategy of the coin and b), has not been explained in its potential "convenience" in any way that anyone can really understand, even people quite knowledgeable and experience in crypto.

THE UGLY

Here's where the greed/delusion of a part of the community plays such and absurd -and ultimately negative- part. The bios posted by David, Patrick and Douglas clearly show who they are: A young engineer working for the One Drive program of Microsoft (David) and two students of Molecular Biology and advanced teach aficionados that started mining a few years back among their many teach hobbies, one of which has been the creation of a very obscure website dedicated to review tech gadgets. It is so obscure, in fact, and so unsuccessful, that it was last updated on April of this year, more than 2 months ago... peculiarly enough, just about the time when Patrick and Douglas must have decided that creating their own altcoin would indeed be much more profitable than mining and, perhaps, even less demanding in some ways. That website may have granted them both credentials to CES four years in a row, but nothing else, really, was achieved after many years of dedication.

Let's take a look as some details: the trio are alumni and presumably met at Rutgers. Rutgers University is not precisely and icon of the US -or the world-  high education, precisely. As a matter of fact it barely ranks as the 69-70th in the US among American universities. Ah but what about their tech specs? Not much better. As a matter of fact it doesn't even appear among the 50 top institution of tech education in the world and, likewise, not among the 22 top such institutions in the United States. So "greatest" honors from Rutgers, per se, doesn't buy you a ticket to the big leagues. Besides that, only David actually completed a Master's Degree in Computer Sciences, while Patrick and Douglas are pursuing, as full time students, other endeavors going much more toward other sciences, most particularly Molecular Biology and Biomedical Engineering... not exactly anything even remotely linked to alt currencies development.

Of most significance, though, is the fact that Vericoin is, obviously, just a hobby for these three. A hobby to which they can only dedicate a very limited number of hours/day/week, to boot. As full time employee of Microsoft, David is more than busy, I assure you, trying to keep up with the much more successful advancements of rival Google Drive division. He may not have a social life to speak of -I don't know- but reasonably, considering his age, he should eventually have one... and plenty of money to enjoy it fully (especially if VRC is ever really successful). Either way, his hours of dedication are severely limited by obvious reasons, let alone the fact that there will not be any schedule pressure on him for this is, after all, his coin and he knows, tech-wise, more than any other individual in the team about the real challenges that is faces and what achievements are just inefficient gitzmos he creates practically while sleeping.

As for both Patrick and Douglas, I'm sure the readers can easily related to the time dedication and huge effort one must come to terms with to achieve even barely decent results when trying to achieve graduation in careers as complex as the ones these two are embarked on -Patrick two at the same time, to boot-. Yes in the beginning, and for weeks or even a couple of months, adrenaline alone powers the engines to seemingly unlimited hours or tedious -most of the time- work and dedication. It is, obviously, not sustainable. Come September it's back to REAL work and scheduled papers and evaluations. Rest, no matter how young you are, is eventually a bodily function need.

The conclusion of this evaluation, if I can be redundant, is pretty much the same than the markets have evidenced, from the initial enthusiasm to the sobering reflection: If it is to go forward, this coin needs much more than the very positive step of voluntarily unmask its trio of young and inexperienced, main developers. It needs qualified individuals, along those three, who can make of Vericoin the leading enterprise -worth millions of dollars- that it could potentially be.

I would say the entire community is over-reacted when the devs revealed their identities.

Pursuing a PhD degree doesn't mean anything. Would the community follows me if i intend to launch a coin with my friends? (i am actually a PhD student in top 20 uni and have few years exp in computational biology too!)

Yes i totally agree that a PhD student would not have much time to focus on cryptoworld as he/she needs to spend most of the time to do research in order to graduate.

I am not spreading FUD. Myself is also a holder and believes Vericoin will have a bright future.

Just want to remind the community: Do not be too optimistic and be careful of the whales.
Morb

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:08:13 AM

What is up with cryptocurrencies and bad english?  I can't even get through that big post above.  Language skills are yet another plus in favor of the vrc devs.
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: