Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:55:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:20:36 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.
While verisend is cool, it is neither trustless nor decentralized. The devs have even said that this is not their main priority.

If it's not trustless + decentralized... then whats the point?  It's only a gimmick then... well, I guess that's the point.

I believe it is a feature most people in the community wanted as the fad that it is.

There are all kinds of opinions about it of course, all respectable but mine is that there's no place for anon, nor use, on a crypto currency that hopes to break the confines of the very reduced crypto community. All coins will eventually have the best one out there as an option... an option that practyically nobody will use.

Woah, barabbas I actually agree with you on something! Anon is nothing but a gimmick- I won't make any exact estimates but I imagine the vast majority of people currently involved in crypto will never ever use this feature. Even more so, if cryptocurrencies are to ever gain mass adoption (as I hope we all strive for) the percentage of people who would use anon features would drastically diminish further. Additionally, and I believe we have seen this with bitcoin already, it is possible that anon actually inhibits mass adoption...

Don't worry, there's no chance it'll become a habit.

I certainly hope not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Investing123

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

CryptoCalc.org - Altcoin Profit/Loss Calculator

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 03:20:50 AM

I've got to say this VRC faucet is awesome.  http://vrcfaucet.visitbit.com/

Receive VRC in less than a second, every hour.

lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:24:44 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.
While verisend is cool, it is neither trustless nor decentralized. The devs have even said that this is not their main priority.

If it's not trustless + decentralized... then whats the point?  It's only a gimmick then... well, I guess that's the point.

I believe it is a feature most people in the community wanted as the fad that it is.

There are all kinds of opinions about it of course, all respectable but mine is that there's no place for anon, nor use, on a crypto currency that hopes to break the confines of the very reduced crypto community. All coins will eventually have the best one out there as an option... an option that practyically nobody will use.

Woah, barabbas I actually agree with you on something! Anon is nothing but a gimmick- I won't make any exact estimates but I imagine the vast majority of people currently involved in crypto will never ever use this feature. Even more so, if cryptocurrencies are to ever gain mass adoption (as I hope we all strive for) the percentage of people who would use anon features would drastically diminish further. Additionally, and I believe we have seen this with bitcoin already, it is possible that anon actually inhibits mass adoption...

That may be agreeable for now till the dollar collapses and we have a civil revolution and every person will reclaim their god given rights but we all would like the option for privacy for certain transaction with a push of the button from a wallet. Yes, No ? Also anon is not a feature that adds the value to this coin because all wallets can be connected to the tor network ... I could be wrong but maybe not. You need to look at the features that gives this coin UTILITY but any way dont listen to me I mean you sound like an ITIL expert Tongue What would a shlup that can only afford 4k of coin like me know
pnosker

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:25:32 AM

VeriBit changes: halved the fee to 1 VRC. Raised the max to 1 BTC instead of 0.15. Lowered the time window to send to 15 minutes (instead of 20). Enjoy!

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:27:16 AM

VeriBit changes: halved the fee to 1 VRC. Raised the max to 1 BTC instead of 0.15. Lowered the time window to send to 15 minutes (instead of 20). Enjoy!

Awesome you da man
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:30:27 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.

If it's not trustless + decentralized... then whats the point?  It's only a gimmick then... well, I guess that's the point.

That may be agreeable for now till the dollar collapses and we have a civil revolution and every person with reclaim their god given rights but we all would like the option for privacy for certain transaction with a push of the button from a wallet. Yes, No ? Also anon is not a feature that adds the value to this coin because all wallets can be connected to the tor network ... I could be wrong but maybe not. You need to look at the features that gives this coin UTILITY but any way dont listen to me I mean you sound like an ITIL expert Tongue What would a shlup that can only afford 4k of coin like me know

I study biochemistry and am really quite a newb when it comes to IT/comp sci and pretty much every thing I know about it I've learned since I got into crypto only a few months back. But, I'm pretty good at binge-learning... I agree with you, I originally bought this coin when it was below 1k satoshis because of the anon promises (not because I care about anon but because I know the market does), but it is the features such as veribit and SMS and the talk of being able to purchase through the wallet with credit cards etc that has me interested in the long term.
RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:32:41 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.

They are working on decentralizing it, didnt you watch the video ? or read this thread.

Even then - it would still be trusted, and NOT trustless... and my original question stands: what's the point?  It's still only a gimmick to fool those who don't know any better.

I apologize.  Admittedly, I was being overly optimistic with my previous statement.  However, someone on IRC did tell me that verisend was both trustless and decentralized.  But if it is neither, then it is certainly not a good anonymity solution, in the least.  
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:35:34 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.

They are working on decentralizing it, didnt you watch the video ? or read this thread.

Even then - it would still be trusted, and NOT trustless... and my original question stands: what's the point?  It's still only a gimmick to fool those who don't know any better.

I apologize.  Admittedly, I was being overly optimistic with my previous statement.  However, someone on IRC did tell me that verisend was both trustless and decentralized.  But if it is neither, then it is certainly not a good anonymity solution, in the least.  

There is no truly trustless anon system out there right now. There are pseudo-decentralized ones but no truly decentralized ones either. That's just what it is.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
ScottAllyn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

¿ʇɐɥʍ

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 03:37:08 AM

The only reason you were not listed in THE WALL OF HONOR is the censorship in the IRC channel.

Wait... I thought that the reason for VeriCoin being spared from your WALL OF HONOR was the fact that this thread, according to you, is self-moderated.

It is, indeed, very good, to know who are the people behind the development of Vericoin. Mind you, even before they came out, the only barrier they did not pass to be included in my WALL OF HONOR was the fact that their thread, this one, is self-moderated.

...very strange.

Ignored User Cleanup Script - Completely hide ignored users!
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:44:56 AM

Verisend > Darksend

It's proven.

That may be agreeable for now till the dollar collapses and we have a civil revolution and every person with reclaim their god given rights but we all would like the option for privacy for certain transaction with a push of the button from a wallet. Yes, No ? Also anon is not a feature that adds the value to this coin because all wallets can be connected to the tor network ... I could be wrong but maybe not. You need to look at the features that gives this coin UTILITY but any way dont listen to me I mean you sound like an ITIL expert Tongue What would a shlup that can only afford 4k of coin like me know

I study biochemistry and am really quite a newb when it comes to IT/comp sci and pretty much every thing I know about it I've learned since I got into crypto only a few months back. But, I'm pretty good at binge-learning... I agree with you, I originally bought this coin when it was below 1k satoshis because of the anon promises (not because I care about anon but because I know the market does), but it is the features such as veribit and SMS and the talk of being able to purchase through the wallet with credit cards etc that has me interested in the long term.

Yes once we lock those features we got UTILITY. A wallet through the phone would allow non-tech savvy people to adapt. Lets face it even bitcoin is hard for people like my aunts and uncles to understand, I had to take over an hour to show her how to get bitcoins and how it works. Once they figure out how to multiple the ring nodes they need to allow this coin to grow into a decentralized network and as long as the devs stay as they are forth coming and up front then we can then lock in the Warrenty............Then we have VALUE.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:52:23 AM

The only reason you were not listed in THE WALL OF HONOR is the censorship in the IRC channel.

Wait... I thought that the reason for VeriCoin being spared from your WALL OF HONOR was the fact that this thread, according to you, is self-moderated.

It is, indeed, very good, to know who are the people behind the development of Vericoin. Mind you, even before they came out, the only barrier they did not pass to be included in my WALL OF HONOR was the fact that their thread, this one, is self-moderated.

...very strange.

Nothing strange, that was corrected immediately afterwards because I was referring indeed to the IRC channel, not this thread that has never been moderated.
I hope you are not confused anymore.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 03:55:06 AM

Just started a # on twitter for VeriCoin Support

#VeriCoinSupport if you got issues you want solved via twitter.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:06:08 AM

Events are happening at such speed that it is quite difficult to catch up:

Now that Wizfar/Wizrig/mctaino/J.Bosch has come out to become, apparently, only J. Bosch, will we have here those other handles or some of them -or other unknown ones- when he feels like "multiplying"? Or has he some assigned for specific coins, for instance Supercoin, where he posts frequently under mctaino, as he used to -I'm assuming he doesn't anymore- on the Black coin boards, etc.?

Perhaps Joel should come forward a bit more and let us know exactly how many handles he uses these days, so we can try to keep up...
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:11:36 AM

https://www.startjoin.com/physvericoin <----- GO GO GO ! Keep up the support people! Get this done FAST!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:17:58 AM

Now that Wizfar/Wizrig/mctaino/J.Bosch has come out to become, apparently, only J. Bosch, will we have here those other handles or some of them -or other unknown ones- when he feels like "multiplying"? Or has he some assigned for specific coins, for instance Supercoin, where he posts frequently under mctaino, as he used to -I'm assuming he doesn't anymore- on the Black coin boards, etc.?

Perhaps Joel should come forward a bit more and let us know exactly how many handles he uses these days, so we can try to keep up...

All hear say until I see proof. Real evidence of these absurd claims. You sound like a judge from this shit system we live in everyone is guilty till proven innocent. Keep up the bad work maybe you should look for a carreer in speculation..... Tongue
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:24:40 AM

While you are at it, can you check out the people behind Philip Morris, Starbucks and Yahoo. Thanks.
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:35:08 AM

I just sent an email to Amagimetals to except veri as payment for precious metals. We should all send them a message the owner is a great guy and very active in the crypto communities.

Amagi Metals <support@amagimetals.com>
date:    Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 12:32 AM
subject:    VeriCoin
mailed-by:    gmail.com
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:35:32 AM

Now that Wizfarm/Wizrig/mctaino/J.Bosch has come out to become, apparently, only J. Bosch, will we have here those other handles or some of them -or other unknown ones- when he feels like "multiplying"? Or has he some assigned for specific coins, for instance Supercoin, where he posts frequently under mctaino, as he used to -I'm assuming he doesn't anymore- on the Black coin boards, etc.?

While you are at it, can you check out the people behind Philip Morris, Starbucks and Yahoo. Thanks.

All are perfectly identified individuals, you want their names and business addresses as well as their licenses?

I fail to see your point. As for the one who demanded "proof" -not that it bis necessary to level the playing field, of course, a field plagued with never ending handles covering all kinds of crooks-, he admits to all of them -not that there was any point in denying. I do suspect -as a matter of fact I am quite sure- there are many more where all those came from, so we are several steps above your usual circumstantial evidence, don't you think?

I repeat: Not that any is needed at all for here, by sheer number of occurrences, as as demonstrated on every thread and practically on every post, yes, you are guilty until proven innocent. A matter of odds.

And fair play.
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:13:10 AM

Now that Wizfarm/Wizrig/mctaino/J.Bosch has come out to become, apparently, only J. Bosch, will we have here those other handles or some of them -or other unknown ones- when he feels like "multiplying"? Or has he some assigned for specific coins, for instance Supercoin, where he posts frequently under mctaino, as he used to -I'm assuming he doesn't anymore- on the Black coin boards, etc.?

All are perfectly identified individuals, you want their names and business addresses as well as their licenses?

I fail to see your point. As for the one who demanded "proof" -not that it bis necessary to level the playing field, of course, a field plagued with never ending handles covering all kinds of crooks-, he admits to all of them -not that there was any point in denying. I do suspect -as a matter of fact I am quite sure- there are many more where all those came from, so we are several steps above your usual circumstantial evidence, don't you think?

I repeat: Not that any is needed at all for here, by sheer number of occurrences, as as demonstrated on every thread and practically on every post, yes, you are guilty until proven innocent. A matter of odds.

And fair play.

You sound like a guy that would judge a lady by the amount of bad men she slept with, who cares what she did as long as she is devoted to you and treats you right.... right or wrong
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:22:16 AM

I just sent an email to Amagimetals to except veri as payment for precious metals. We should all send them a message the owner is a great guy and very active in the crypto communities.

Amagi Metals <support@amagimetals.com>
date:    Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 12:32 AM
subject:    VeriCoin
mailed-by:    gmail.com

Your request (#13715) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

To add additional comments, reply to this email or click the link below:
https://amagimetals.zendesk.com/requests/13715
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: