Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:37:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE 2.0 open for testing  (Read 51712 times)
mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 05:09:46 PM

hint for other testers
since the release from 18/3/2012 in dev.glbse also dropped the DB again, you need to register your test account again
and create your test data from scratch (ipo, purchases).

don't forget to logout. or you'll run into bunch of errors while your web client will send requests with cached account that was erased while new version was deployed.

would be nice to see some day an update that keeps user data instead of deleting them Wink

your ad here:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2012, 07:11:19 PM

I've created several buy orders.
They do not show up in http://dev.glbse.com/portfolio
while BTC reserved for orders:900.0
No buy orders

this can't be correct.

also bug #2
while switching between accounts in http://dev.glbse.com/portfolio
all asset management accounts show not sell orders despite the fact that share count shows some shares as reserved.

summary
IPO does not work (fees charged ok but created shares can not be traded)
User can not buy any shares (balance sufficient, btc reserved but no orders remain visible after creation)

IPO is working fine (asset is created and shares deposited into account is ok)

What is not working is buying/selling, which is strange as it seemed to work for the code on my desktop. I'll test my local code, and then see whats the problem.

I need to reset the DB because of all the errors caused by bugs, I'll try to preserve the user accounts for the next update.

Will post again with results.
Nefario

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2012, 08:19:35 PM

The login issue, that is being able to go to view your portfolio after having the DB reset (it should have redirected you to login) is caused by sessions persisting on the server between restarts.

That's been fixed.

The other issues you were having, not seeing buy/sell orders etc, I believe this was caused by the above persistent sessions, messing up the data.

On my local machine it all seems to work just fine.

I've made the needed changes and reset the DB (you need to re-create your account again, sorry Sad )

Providing no serious bugs are found there should only be one more DB reset (when I change the DBMS)

Everything should be working, with the obvious exception of deposits and withdrawals, as they're not added yet.

It takes about 2 mins for shares to enter your account after an IPO, the demon checks every 2 mins.

Nefario

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 18, 2012, 09:22:33 PM

Everything seems to be working. Awesome Cheesy

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2012, 09:26:50 PM

Everything seems to be working. Awesome Cheesy

Oh thank god. It seems everytime someones posted in this thread somethings broke.

Thanks Garr for trying.

Special thanks to Mila for the constant testing he's been doing, helped me find sine obscure bugs.

Nefario.

mila

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:34:44 AM

Hi,

I really do not want to hurt your feelings and when I write in the TyGrr forum "no worky" i mean that I still see things no worky.

Thanks for fixing the issues so far. Now it's much better that a week ago. But still, trading between users works while trading between accounts does not work. to make it obvious see bids for 10 or 25 where asks are 1, not matched.

On the fact that you released a version today, hope it will be tested and deploy it in prod the next day, I will not comment.
It has not been thoroughly tested. How many transactions are there now? I bet less than 10. Motions 0, Dividends 0. Companies that created additional shares 0. Instant messages (mails) sent 0.

your ad here:
mila

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:43:47 AM

1. motions - all I see is "ID   Ticker   Expires"
no buttons, links or other enabled stuff that could be tested

expectations: being able to create a motion, vote, see results
reality, see 1.

WTF are trade fees?
I pay fee1 to get listed and then fee2 from all sold shares?
if it would be documented somewhere it would not be such a surprise but the link to 'fees' is missing so I can't verify if it's a bug or a feature.

your ad here:
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:47:51 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2012, 03:24:57 AM by Garr255

I've tried the mail system, it works well. Dividends take about 30 seconds to process, but work flawlessly nonetheless.
I just raised a motion telling it to expire in two minutes but says it is going to expire on the 19th. Is that a minimum time you've put in place for motions or just a time difference?

You can raise motions from the asset page, the motions menu is just for the investor to nod or shake. You see what you see because you haven't raised any motions. (Perhaps a "No motions" stamp would be beneficial to clarify this)

My only complaint (and agreement with the above post), is the fees not being well documented or easily found. I, along with everyone else, would appreciate the abolishing or reducing of the trade fees on the seller's part. They seem a bit too gratuitous.

And mila, try using two accounts, simulating a real sale of the shares.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
mila

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:54:25 AM

when I buy shares,  ask is 0.5 and I bid 1 what happens is:

I pay 0.5 as asked but the remaining 0.5 from my bid end up in BTC reserved for orders and game over (can not spend them)

& thanks to whoever just sold my my own stock @10 btc while I try to sell it @1
happy testing all.

edit motions OK, figured out which button to press to raise a motion. is not an issue now.

remaining (blocking) ones candidates:
btc blocked after trade if bid > ask
cannot buy shares I issue
undocumented fees

your ad here:
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:58:50 AM

Honestly, I think I do prefer the old exchange, even though it wasn't nearly as "user friendly". Ohh well, change is good, assuming it is good change Wink

Although I do like how the menu opens up when your first load the page Tongue

This is probably pushing it... a lot. But I think an option for the future might be to offer both interfaces to the exchange. I understand  both backends work quite differently, but we all know which one I'd be using.

Also, the charts for the old exchange are pretty. Keep them!

mila

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 03:04:26 AM

And mila, try using two accounts, simulating a real sale of the shares.

It's a valid use case when I as issuer need to buy stock back.
It works with 2 accounts but that is a different use case.

your ad here:
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 03:32:38 AM

Honestly, I think I do prefer the old exchange, even though it wasn't nearly as "user friendly". Ohh well, change is good, assuming it is good change Wink

Although I do like how the menu opens up when your first load the page Tongue

This is probably pushing it... a lot. But I think an option for the future might be to offer both interfaces to the exchange. I understand  both backends work quite differently, but we all know which one I'd be using.

Also, the charts for the old exchange are pretty. Keep them!

The charts for the old exchange are VERY expensive, and it would be an insane amount of work to support both interfaces.

Apart from being easier to use, we're going to have continuous improvement (means the charts will get better Tongue), we're also going to have a lot more liquidity. Bigger market is better for all.

mila

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 08:12:51 AM

can we have 'a week' of glbse 2.0 running with testnet coins?

I'd side with users who want a later deployment of the new version

I can't retest my list of known issues before later tonight and I did only basic testing.
the bug when buy orders at lower price cause blocking btc balance is IMO serious enough to wait for a new version
and allow at least 24h for testing

your ad here:
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 10:37:00 AM

can we have 'a week' of glbse 2.0 running with testnet coins?

I'd side with users who want a later deployment of the new version

I can't retest my list of known issues before later tonight and I did only basic testing.
the bug when buy orders at lower price cause blocking btc balance is IMO serious enough to wait for a new version
and allow at least 24h for testing

Very well, we'll have a week with testnet.

I was hoping to have it out today but I'm exhausted(not slept since Friday). The only thing it needs are deposits/withdrawals, which is going to be carried over from GLBSE1.0.

I've tested the transfer of accounts from 1.0 to 2.0 a ton, works fine.

Fixed your issue with accounts being able to trade with each other (from the same user, it works now), and found the issue with the bitcoin reserve not coming down when orders are processed, I'm working on this.

Have added a fees page.

The DBMS has been moved to PostgreSQL from SQLite (which was handy for testing and desktop development). Spent a good few hours dealing with Integer problems (Postgres needs the integer size to be specified).

Accounts have been reset(sorry).

Again, thanks mila.

mila

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 01:58:19 PM

@Nefario big Thank you! ... for fixes & delayed deployment in prod

@all testers & curious folks a note about testnet coins, where to get them and how to use testnet

- start your client with the "-testnet" switch/parameter; it will create a subdir called 'testnet' in your bitcoin client working directory, create testnet wallet and download the testnet chain. last time I checked it was only about 50k blocks and since there are far less transactions, blocks are smaller and download _much_ faster.
- google for "bitcoin faucet +testnet" to get 50 testcoins from Gavin or PM me with testnet address and I'll send 10 coins per request to first 8 users who'll ask for them (allow some 8-12 hrs processing time ...)
- make sure you use testnet (addresses do not start with 1, that's a safe indication)

I did not check if dev.glbse is already connected to testnet but if it is or when it will be, we probably will no longer have the luxury of a funded account after registration and this extra step would be necessary (and the sleep deprived admin could have missed something in the process so it might not work out (deja-vu?))

If this gets enough attention and good will, we might get some test coins donated from the old boys so some kind of funding testers accounts might be automated (careful with this expectation, this is my private rumbling only) but not sure if worth the extra effort. getting testnet coins afaik is easy and straightforward.

if not sure how to start your client with the -testnet parameter (each OS handles it differently), try & you'll succeed eventually. if tried for half an hour and still not there, PM me or post here.

edit: dev.glbse works with dummy bitcoins for now, happy testing!

your ad here:
mila

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 02:09:27 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2012, 03:22:51 PM by mila

Fixed your issue with accounts being able to trade with each other (from the same user, it works now), and found the issue with the bitcoin reserve not coming down when orders are processed, I'm working on this.

can confirm both:
- trading between accounts works fine
- blocking bitcoins as reserved for purchase after closed transaction remains.

but that should not prevent us from further testing.

edit: connecting glbse to testnet is not that important after all. since we never manage the bitcoins like we would in a proper web wallet implementation (& glbse is kind of mixing service Wink ) the 'only' benefit of connecting it to test net would be to verify deposit/withdrawal (because all other bitcoin transactions are glbse internal db records; all fees, dividends and trades exist independent from blockchain and we have no way of knowing which coins would be used for withdrawal ...)

your ad here:
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 05:42:17 PM

can confirm both:
- trading between accounts works fine
- blocking bitcoins as reserved for purchase after closed transaction remains.

but that should not prevent us from further testing.

edit: connecting glbse to testnet is not that important after all. since we never manage the bitcoins like we would in a proper web wallet implementation (& glbse is kind of mixing service Wink ) the 'only' benefit of connecting it to test net would be to verify deposit/withdrawal (because all other bitcoin transactions are glbse internal db records; all fees, dividends and trades exist independent from blockchain and we have no way of knowing which coins would be used for withdrawal ...)

Yeah, almost all transactions on GLBSE are internal, with the exception of deposits and withdrawals.

Also we'll be getting rid of withdrawal fees and the minimum withdrawal amounts.

Nefario.

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 19, 2012, 06:45:07 PM

Are the 2.0 fees in place right now? I've promised everyone planning on investing in my IPO (scheduled for tonight at 6pm PST) and I'd really appreciate if you could reduce my fee to the 8btc and get that set up for me. I'll be at school for about 4 more hours, then I'd appreciate you helping me get that set up.

Thanks,
Garrett

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2012, 09:19:25 PM

No problem Garret, I'll be online to help you out. I'll finish of the verification process and we'll have 2.0 price for the launch.

Nefario.

mila

View Profile
March 20, 2012, 12:38:03 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2012, 04:08:40 AM by mila

dividends (after fees) are wrong

10 btc dividends result in 8.93712 btc paid to shareholders.

affected release 18/Mar (guess who forgot to increment counter? wink)

btw if you want to pay dividends visit the asset view page .../asset/view/TICKER
& click pay dividends

the only option to pay dividends is "how much you gonna spend on this?"
easy (and slightly not working)

edit: either fixed or can't be reproduced
not an issue 20/Mar

your ad here:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: