Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:08:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE 2.0 open for testing  (Read 51712 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 12:39:49 AM

I am missing one or two shares. Only one IBB share is showing. I had another share from another company "LIF.M" that is not showing up.
LIF.M was/is a scam, and didn't get migrated over.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 01:01:18 AM

Shocked whoa that's not good.

I'll look into it more.

Wonder if the forums can release Scam Alert emails.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 07:51:13 PM

Tried to transfer my 1.0 stuff to 2.0 and get an Internal Server Error when I enter my claim code...

Which, incidentally, has a popup box in 1.0.  This box can not be selected, and since it's modal, you must dismiss it before going to another browser window to type anything in.  Thus, you literally have to either print screen or physically write down the code in the box to enter it in 2.0.  Why would you use a modal dialog with an unselectable text field to display a code that must be entered on another page?  *boggle*

Anyway, after copying the code an manually typing it into 2.0, up pops the internal server error.  It be done broke.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 07:55:54 PM

Tried to transfer my 1.0 stuff to 2.0 and get an Internal Server Error when I enter my claim code...

Which, incidentally, has a popup box in 1.0.  This box can not be selected, and since it's modal, you must dismiss it before going to another browser window to type anything in.  Thus, you literally have to either print screen or physically write down the code in the box to enter it in 2.0.  Why would you use a modal dialog with an unselectable text field to display a code that must be entered on another page?  *boggle*

Anyway, after copying the code an manually typing it into 2.0, up pops the internal server error.  It be done broke.

But has it actually imported your assets from GLBSE 1.0?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 08:01:47 PM

Nope

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mila

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 05:58:43 AM

Tried to transfer my 1.0 ... a popup box in 1.0.  This box can not be selected

I could disagree on that. I'm sure could copy/paste the code

edit: tried just now, yes I can copy the claim code in browser (Firefox)

your ad here:
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 07:16:43 AM

Nope

I just tried doing that a few times and got the same error. My 1.0 assets showed up in about five minutes.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
area

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 07:29:07 AM

So I transferred 10 BTC into GLBSE about 24 hours ago, but it still hasn't appeared in my account. Is this because I used an old deposit address, rather than generating a new one?
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 02:31:06 PM

Tried to transfer my 1.0 ... a popup box in 1.0.  This box can not be selected

I could disagree on that. I'm sure could copy/paste the code

edit: tried just now, yes I can copy the claim code in browser (Firefox)

Well it doesn't work in Chrome.  A modal dialog box is not the right delivery mechanism in either case.  Just display it on the normal browser page along with the rest of the info.  Why make a special box that pops up?

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 03:30:56 PM

So I transferred 10 BTC into GLBSE about 24 hours ago, but it still hasn't appeared in my account. Is this because I used an old deposit address, rather than generating a new one?

Yes it is, this is something I'm planning on fixing today or tomorrow.

Could you pm me the address and I'll credit it to your account.

mila

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 04:12:54 PM

I'm sure could copy/paste the code (Firefox)

Well it doesn't work in Chrome.  A modal dialog box is not the right delivery mechanism in either case.  Just display it on the normal browser page along with the rest of the info.  Why make a special box that pops up?

it's probably easier to notice a popup  than search the site for a code
chrome has also issues displaying the frames around text fields
why not using other browser?

your ad here:
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 05:01:53 PM

I'm sure could copy/paste the code (Firefox)

it's probably easier to notice a popup  than search the site for a code

Heh, thats not the answer, we kind of need to support FF, Chrome and whatever version of IE that happens to be popular these days.

teek

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 05:22:53 PM

@Nefario - Did you ever have a chance to take a look at my dividend problem from last Sunday?  This Sunday is rolling around, hoping everything works ok.  I think I will try sending a test divi today to check out the situation..
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 05:46:55 PM

@Nefario - Did you ever have a chance to take a look at my dividend problem from last Sunday?  This Sunday is rolling around, hoping everything works ok.  I think I will try sending a test divi today to check out the situation..

Dividend payments are working now, the shares that didn't get payments from the last time will get a payment from me later today.

Nefario

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 06:38:37 PM

it's probably easier to notice a popup  than search the site for a code

I'm not using another browser because I like my browsers to use less memory, not have excessive memory leaks, not crash and when/if they do crash, I don't like them taking the entire browser with it, instead of just that tab.  I also detest the fact that I must restart FF ever time I install or remove a plugin.  That got old back in 1995 when Windows 95 came out.  It's 2012 and yet FF still forces the issue.  Not only does it force you to restart when you remove a plug in, but it forces you to restart for nearly every single plugin you remove.  If you remove 10 plug ins a the same time, yep, you guessed.  Restart the browser 5 - 10 times.  heh.  30 tabs open in FF?  Want to leave your browser open for a couple weeks?  Hope you have over a gigabyte and a half of free memory!  FF is idiotic, that's why I don't use it.

I assume the reasons not to use IE go without saying.  Opera?  No thanks.  What's that leave that's even worth a mention?  Nothing... so there you have it, that's why I use Chrome.

I just tried doing that a few times and got the same error. My 1.0 assets showed up in about five minutes.

Didn't work for me... I still have nothing in my account from v1. 

teek

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 06:48:41 PM

it's probably easier to notice a popup  than search the site for a code

I'm not using another browser because I like my browsers to use less memory, not have excessive memory leaks, not crash and when/if they do crash, I don't like them taking the entire browser with it, instead of just that tab.  I also detest the fact that I must restart FF ever time I install or remove a plugin.  That got old back in 1995 when Windows 95 came out.  It's 2012 and yet FF still forces the issue.  Not only does it force you to restart when you remove a plug in, but it forces you to restart for nearly every single plugin you remove.  If you remove 10 plug ins a the same time, yep, you guessed.  Restart the browser 5 - 10 times.  heh.  30 tabs open in FF?  Want to leave your browser open for a couple weeks?  Hope you have over a gigabyte and a half of free memory!  FF is idiotic, that's why I don't use it.

I assume the reasons not to use IE go without saying.  Opera?  No thanks.  What's that leave that's even worth a mention?  Nothing... so there you have it, that's why I use Chrome.

Didn't work for me... I still have nothing in my account from v1. 

@Inaba - I pretty much use soley chrome too these days so i'm with you.  However, I had similar troubles moving to 2.0, and even after I checked a couple times, I still ended up making a typo copying one of my codes by hand causing a similar problem.  If this has already been mentioned / tried please ignore this , but have you triple checked the code is correct? 

teek

mila

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 06:59:06 PM

hm, I did not bother to try chrome yet. I'm spoiled from the corporate IT world where I got used not to install anything, running obscure old versions of FF without the option to install any plugin and be glad that I don't have to run IE. so when at home, I open my old FF with almost no plugins as I'm used to ...

@Nefario ... the guy who wrote the malware replacing btc addresses in clipboard just created a thread about the project and is  answering questions (and returning coins). you probably get a new deposit soon from the guy who wrote you few days ago ; )

your ad here:
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 09:38:57 PM

OK, this is done, everyone that didn't get a payment has gotten one (as long as they haven't sold their shares since then).

Nefario.

teek

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 10:02:29 PM

OK, this is done, everyone that didn't get a payment has gotten one (as long as they haven't sold their shares since then).

Nefario.

Thanks! Hopefully no one sold because of it..  Actually that brings up a feature request..  Need a "shareholder of record date" function in GLBSE.  This is common practice in the "real" exchanges.

teek
mila

View Profile
March 31, 2012, 10:10:31 PM

... a feature request..  Need a "shareholder of record date" function in GLBSE.  This is common practice in the "real" exchanges.

that would make the dividend payments (optionally) more complicated.
asset manager would have to enter the date/time which should be taken into account for dividend distribution.

smells like Transfer agent (terminus technicus) and a lot of work

your ad here:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: