Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:52:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ]  (Read 93957 times)
Clipse (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 08:43:40 PM

GPUMAX/BACKUP USERS FINAL REMINDER:

In just over an hour from this post the current payment cycle will finish and from the first submitted shares in the new payment cycle the pool will not allow any users who make use of bonuspool as their Backup pool.

When I detect you as a user who obviously use Bonuspool as a backup pool you will get flagged with a notice on your userstats indicating this.

I will be working on the seperate backup nodes properly and isolated from the dedicated nodes in the coming week and will update this thread as soon as backup users are allowed again.

Thanks for understanding.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Math Man

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:07:35 PM

I have the pool hopping flag on my account.  I'm here to stay from this upcoming payment cycle onwards though.

Edit: Is it normal for the 5 minutes hash rate on the stats page to be off?  Frequently, it will state a 0 hash rate, but then very shortly afterwards, it will show double my actual hash rate.
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:15:19 PM

Dont stress, I was busy testing it out and something went screwy, you can safely ignore that flag and will have it sorted out.

For some reason it is posted to every account and it shouldnt, Gaaah.

Again, dont worry about it, its a testing gone wrong and it wont affect your earnings automaticly ever even once I start assigning it next payment cycle.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2012, 09:18:39 PM

Huh.. oh well.  I just got done changing all of my config files on all my rigs to disable Bonuspool, that sucks.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:21:17 PM

Huh.. oh well.  I just got done changing all of my config files on all my rigs to disable Bonuspool, that sucks.

Ive given 4days lead time that I cant sustain the current rate with my setup until I make drastic changes in the backend to handle more users. This is hurting me more than anyone else but if I dont do this everyone will continue to suffer with unreliability and constant issues.

I either had to tell a bunch of users to leave or make the sensible decision to give dedicated miners the first option to continue mining knowing that if I stop supporting GPUMAX/Backup users most of them would likely leave removing the neccesary stress from the pool for now.

This is a temporary solution and I had no other sensible short term solution. Its a painfull learning process and the influx of users in the last month along with influx of GH that most of them didnt declare from the start it really got things way shaky leaving me no option but to redo/relook all backend options for growth. :/

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 09:30:49 PM

Ok, got the "worrying" flag removed.

I hope noone had any nervous breakdowns or multiple heart attacks when they saw it, again it was an error and got broadcast on all accounts, I will fix that in the meantime.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 11:49:49 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2012, 12:00:26 AM by Clipse

Phew, need to get alot more automation done asap, that took a while to work through some of the stats.

Anyhow, its all processed to history for payout tomorrow(erm today my time) and now enjoy some of the lowest(if not the lowest) stale/reject rates you will see anywhere. Smiley

Beaflag VonRathburg

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 12:15:41 AM

Please note that my hashrate will decrease by ~10% on afternoons due to the extreme temperature here as my cards will downclock themselves when the temperature >78*C. I'm not hopping or doing anything of the sort.  Wink 

i just had to down-clock mine also today. Damn 102 degrees out makes my room feel like 120 with these GPUs going haha.

In the garage FTW... Wait, actually no... The recent storms flooded my garage. The water got to my fan and misted my whole rack of computers frying two of my motherboards. Actually, $140 later and down time later = FAIL!

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 12:20:08 AM

Please note that my hashrate will decrease by ~10% on afternoons due to the extreme temperature here as my cards will downclock themselves when the temperature >78*C. I'm not hopping or doing anything of the sort.  Wink  

i just had to down-clock mine also today. Damn 102 degrees out makes my room feel like 120 with these GPUs going haha.

In the garage FTW... Wait, actually no... The recent storms flooded my garage. The water got to my fan and misted my whole rack of computers frying two of my motherboards. Actually, $140 later and down time later = FAIL!

Had a ton of rain this side of the world during the week, flooded powerstation overnight and fried some of my farm sitting at home.

Glorious week. Smiley

juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 01:38:03 AM

That's why I love my basement, no flooding and my cards never go above 62C  Cheesy

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 03:19:04 AM

So my account isn't flagged or should I keep my config files as is?  I will reconfigure them if I'm not flagged?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:42:45 AM

So my account isn't flagged or should I keep my config files as is?  I will reconfigure them if I'm not flagged?

No more GPUMAX/Backup users allowed anymore, I just accidentally flagged everyone while testing it.

Only dedicated miners allowed right now. Not sure how I couldnt make that more clearer. :/

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:20:02 AM

Not sure how I couldnt make that more clearer. :/

Not entirely unsure how nobody couldn't misunderstand you less.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:30:42 AM

Not sure how I couldnt make that more clearer. :/

Not entirely unsure how nobody couldn't misunderstand you less.

Thanks for chirping in with non sensible and entirely unneccesary bloat for this thread.

Ive made it more than obvious whats happenining in the new payment cycle for a couple of days now and the only recent comment about ignoring the flag was in reply to Mathman's post but I guess its not obvious since I didnt explicitly quote him at the time, glad the world is still round or alot of people may fall off the edge.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:33:47 AM

Thanks for chirping in with non sensible and entirely unneccesary bloat for this thread.

You're welcome.

Did you ever make it clear how you're able to afford to pay 110% for shares and still make a profit?  I had kind of forgotten about this thread and don't feel up to reading all 58 pages of it to see if you ever managed to come up with a reasonable explanation.  I remember a few different people were trying to get to the bottom of it with you.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:45:21 AM

You're welcome.

Did you ever make it clear how you're able to afford to pay 110% for shares and still make a profit?  I had kind of forgotten about this thread and don't feel up to reading all 58 pages of it to see if you ever managed to come up with a reasonable explanation.  I remember a few different people were trying to get to the bottom of it with you.

Of course it makes sense to layout step by step how I turn a profit and in return how I pay users above 100% in a zerosum mining game. I have my ways and a few users who doesnt spam my threads know very well how I turn a profit. The fact of the matter I have no obligation to tell you how I turn a profit and have no intention to do that either.

If you dont have a purpose in this thread I sincerely ask that you dont post here, thanks.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:52:10 AM

Of course it makes sense to layout step by step how I turn a profit and in return how I pay users above 100% in a zerosum mining game.

You sell bitcoins to people who pay over the going rate for them.  I understand that bit.  What I don't understand is why you pay miners X*1.10 BTC for mining you X BTC.  That's a net loss of X/10 BTC.  If you stopped running the pool, you would be better off since you wouldn't have to pay the extra 10% to anyone and could keep all the profits to yourself.

So I'm not asking how you turn a profit, but rather why you keep the 110% PPS pool running since it costs you more BTC than it makes you (by definition).

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:55:03 AM

Of course it makes sense to layout step by step how I turn a profit and in return how I pay users above 100% in a zerosum mining game.

You sell bitcoins to people who pay over the going rate for them.  I understand that bit.  What I don't understand is why you pay miners X*1.10 BTC for mining you X BTC.  That's a net loss of X/10 BTC.  If you stopped running the pool, you would be better off since you wouldn't have to pay the extra 10% to anyone and could keep all the profits to yourself.

So I'm not asking how you turn a profit, but rather why you keep the 110% PPS pool running since it costs you more BTC than it makes you (by definition).

Nope, unfortunately you dont have any idea how I make money if that is your logic. This discussion is going nowhere unless I tell you exactly what I do which I simply wont do.

Please make sure to go post the same trash, and obviously private, questions in all other services that pay out >100% PPS unless you have a specific bone to pick with Bonuspool for some apparent reason.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 02:27:01 PM

What on earth is this red flag?

Code:
• Wow dude
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 02:29:10 PM

Seems like the system auto-flagging is acting up again

Get HAL under control Clipse !!!  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: