Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:13:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ]  (Read 93959 times)
bitjet

Activity: 696
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 03:45:55 PM

Hey Clipse, sorry but can you repost the recommended miner updates? My miners just sit in the basement, reboot once a day and mine your pool with little to no input from me. I just want to make sure I'm current.

Thanks!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 03:51:06 PM

Hey Clipse, sorry but can you repost the recommended miner updates? My miners just sit in the basement, reboot once a day and mine your pool with little to no input from me. I just want to make sure I'm current.

Thanks!

Well other than the new cgminer 2.4.2 that is out today, nothing special have changed.

To avoid a few extra rejects just set cgminer(in case you use it) to not submit stale shares.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 05:21:04 PM

PAYMENTS PROCESSED:

All Pure PPS + Bonus PPS for 31 May 00:00:00 - 2 June 23:59:59 paid.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
jme621

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 06:30:24 PM

SITE UPDATES SOON:

Hi, just want to give some update on stuff in the works which will be finalised between now and next sunday (3 June) and a few things that will only come a bit after that.

Website updates in the works for this week:

- userlogin
- user account section, at first only the email address/password will be writable with the rest ie. wallet etc. to come later.
- payment history - will make more sense, and will tally the total payout without user having to do the total payout math themself.
- worker json - pull stats for workers without having to login to website.

- Random weekly prizepool - To give it a test run we will start with 2% of all user shares PPS added to the prizepool. We will then at the end of the week payout at the following rate for 1st,2nd and 3rd place on the leaderboard. 50% for first, 30% for second and 20% for 3rd. Rankings wont be affected by your hashrate, everyone will have equal chance to win one of the top 3 prizes. That said we will have to make sure that the prizepool winners actually made an effort to contribute to the weekly shares thus we will have a pointsystem in place that will only randomly assign positions for users who contribute consistently from 500MH upwards. Im sure it will be nice for 0.5-1GH users to claim an extra 5BTC per week.

I really think the Randomly weekly prizepool will make things exciting considering right now there is roughly between ~500BTC paid out a week right now(depending on how active people were mining for the week) so that would equal ~10BTC prizepool weekly and once more miners arrive this prizepool will just keep growing.

More information will follow closer to the launch but it should be ready by the 3rd of June.

still on schedule?
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 08:29:57 PM

Nope, moved to backlog again. Site is done but the main web developer who is a personal friend had other priorities for the weekend.

It will be up when its ready, I also hate delaying stuff but I do rely on a couple of people to do their part and they do suck with timelines.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 10:13:20 PM

POOL PERFORMANCE UPDATE:

Tomorrow I am going to do a testrun with the multiple server load balancer. The current load just got way too high(specially with gpumax users stacking it now) so its causing much higher rejects than ever before around longpoll. In the meantime people just have to bare with it, nothing I can do about that right now. If the load balancer works out as it should, I will need to redo the database merging across multiple servers which shouldnt take more than a day. Stay tuned.

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:31:13 AM

whats is lacking for the pool, say, only reject around 0.5% of the shares? This is my rate on other non beta pools.
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:33:49 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2012, 11:49:03 AM by Clipse

whats is lacking to the pool, say, reject around 0.5% of the shares? This is my numbers on other non beta pools.

Alot Smiley

On a serious note better load balancing for starters and the lp bug. But lets be fair for now this pays the highest of any other pools even with the higher rejects just so we are all in check with reality :0

Other pools charge you a fee or pay at 100% Wink , I do think that after I test out the load balancer it would sort out most of the reject spams that started again recently.

For now people should just take the pool for what it is, I know its not giving 110% due to the extra rejects but even with the worst rejects avged out I dont see less then 106-107% value for most people, very few will see <105% value and a couple seem to be lucky and not getting as many rejects thus still remain at ~109% value.

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:21:12 PM

We are here helping you tame this beast, I hope you can fix all the problems in shortest time possible!
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:33:58 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2012, 12:51:37 PM by Clipse

We are here helping you tame this beast, I hope you can fix all the problems in shortest time possible!

The fix should be available faster now since scaling across servers wont require guess work Smiley I just dont see a point in giving any deadline cause alot of things could change from now until its fixed and Ive missed so many previous deadlines with things I wanted to have going that its getting a bit embarresing Shocked

misternoodle

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:07:51 PM

Stales have been much...much...much better since the update.  Thanks!
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:40:22 PM

Stales have been much...much...much better since the update.  Thanks!

Ive only just started to test out the loadbalancer, minimal changes so far but looks hopefull Smiley

First need to iron out 2 server sessions and then I can scale it to whatever is needed but dont expect consistent improvements yet, when it runs better just take it as it is Wink

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:50:45 PM

Ive only just started to test out the loadbalancer, minimal changes so far but looks hopefull Smiley

First need to iron out 2 server sessions and then I can scale it to whatever is needed but dont expect consistent improvements yet, when it runs better just take it as it is Wink
Doesn't the LB do session management?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:52:39 PM

It does, I just havnt delved deep into mustakraki's lair yet Wink

I was mainly pointing out that I only just started messing with it and whatever results showing right now should not be taken as "resolved"

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:53:40 PM

I was mainly pointing out that I only just started messing with it and whatever results showing right now should not be taken as "resolved"
Have fun, tinkering with a new bit of hardware is addictive. Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:02:14 PM

Have fun, tinkering with a new bit of hardware is addictive. Grin

True, its not a new concept for me however I am more focused on testing it across more than 2 servers so that I am certain when load increase and I pop up another vm I wouldnt have to test again and again.

Beaflag VonRathburg

Activity: 472

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:31:57 AM

NOTICE:

Im aware that some users actually permanently stayed on their backup pools, all I can think is that their backup pool configuration in their miners stuffed up or they didnt update to cgminer 2.4.1

CGMiner 2.4.1. did not resolve this issue, sometimes the pool stays on 'rejecting' state even though it is working fine again

Has anyone been dealing with this as well? I have one machine that was connected, fell to my backup pool, and now I cannot reconnect it. The machine has been restarted multiple times, but still won't connect. The rest of my rigs are connecting just fine. Anyone have anything? I'll give any suggestions a test run in the morning.

DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 08:26:48 AM

NOTICE:

Im aware that some users actually permanently stayed on their backup pools, all I can think is that their backup pool configuration in their miners stuffed up or they didnt update to cgminer 2.4.1

CGMiner 2.4.1. did not resolve this issue, sometimes the pool stays on 'rejecting' state even though it is working fine again

Has anyone been dealing with this as well? I have one machine that was connected, fell to my backup pool, and now I cannot reconnect it. The machine has been restarted multiple times, but still won't connect. The rest of my rigs are connecting just fine. Anyone have anything? I'll give any suggestions a test run in the morning.

I am having a similar problem:

woke up and 1 of my rigs (separate IP from the others) was discarding every share as being stale.... Restarted the rig and now it won't connect to Bonuspool anymore

CGMiner reports it as being dead, while my other rigs are hashing away

My guess is that Clipse banned my IP for submitting too many rejects or smtg

Using 2.4.2.

Clipse: I'll IM you my IP that's giving the problems
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 09:32:46 AM

I have no idea why this occured, there must have been some strange routing issues related to those IP's to our datacentre, I never restricted any user or made any changes that could relate to this.

I noticed dutchbrat is connected fully now, beaflag are you sorted also ?

EDIT: I think I found the culprit, very strange it would do that but everyone should be able to connect fully now.

Beaflag VonRathburg

Activity: 472

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 09:38:04 AM

NOTICE:

I am having a similar problem:

woke up and 1 of my rigs (separate IP from the others) was discarding every share as being stale.... Restarted the rig and now it won't connect to Bonuspool anymore

CGMiner reports it as being dead, while my other rigs are hashing away

My guess is that Clipse banned my IP for submitting too many rejects or smtg

Using 2.4.2.

Clipse: I'll IM you my IP that's giving the problems

Negative, all of mine are coming from the same IP as well. I'm missing around 1657ish from my normal stats. I just reset one machine and it connected fine, but that other one will not accept this pool as being valid. It says it's credentials are either invalid or the pool is down.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: