Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:55:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ]  (Read 93957 times)
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 10:04:19 PM

The only thing that should matter in this thread is:

1. What do I offer ?
2. Are the users happy ?
3. Did users get paid ?

Thats my commitment, I dont want more people to offer my business model and take me out of the market, so I wont divulge any more information simple as that. Take it or leave it, love it or hate it, thats how the offer stands.

Good bye.

^This...(although I still think your shorting yourself).  I have new equipment coming in a couple weeks, if your miners are happy I may take some of that BTC from you.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 10:04:52 PM

The only thing that should matter in this thread is:

1. What do I offer ?
2. Are the users happy ?
3. Did users get paid ?

4. Does it potentially harm bitcoin?

S. Omega

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 10:49:18 PM

From my perspective, you seem to unnecessarily overthink the model that Clipse set up. The exchanges are not the only means to an end. In my opinion, exchanges still have a long way to go.

He has already stated that the local people will pay a premium in a fiat currency. The premium he pays to the miners, he subsidizes with his own mining operation. It is not unfeasible to think that this setup provides much less of a hassle than dealing with the exchanges on a daily base. Transaction fees and durations, but also stability are factors to consider. He does operate in South Africa, the banking efficiency may not be as robust.

I am genuinely interested why you would view such an operation as a threat to Bitcoin. A 51% Attack seems highly unlikely, he would have to command more than 4-6 Th/s.
Clipse (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 10:56:17 PM

Ive come to the conclusion that p4man thinks:

1.) Hes the mother terresa of bitcoin ?
2.) He needs to have an issue with anyones business model unless that person spills every single detail in order to replicate ?
3.) Hes Jealous ?

Ultimately I will never want to operate this form of service with above the hashrate that I could subsidise with my own mining farm, 51% attack is beyond any possibility.

Whatever the reason, Im clearly not his type of service and I can respect that however I am sure he cant respect the fact I dont want to provide every single method used to make this profitable for myself.

Anyhow, those who signed up and who will end up mining from 1 February(we are still on track) can openly comment here if they feel any wrong doing on my part towards their income(this is what its ultimately about)

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Costia

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:08:25 PM

From my perspective, you seem to unnecessarily overthink the model that Clipse set up. The exchanges are not the only means to an end. In my opinion, exchanges still have a long way to go.

He has already stated that the local people will pay a premium in a fiat currency. The premium he pays to the miners, he subsidizes with his own mining operation. It is not unfeasible to think that this setup provides much less of a hassle than dealing with the exchanges on a daily base. Transaction fees and durations, but also stability are factors to consider. He does operate in South Africa, the banking efficiency may not be as robust.

I am genuinely interested why you would view such an operation as a threat to Bitcoin. A 51% Attack seems highly unlikely, he would have to command more than 4-6 Th/s.
i would worry more about attacking altchains with the pool- he might be paid for that
The way i see it - he is using the pool's money in between payouts to sell to his customers then filling up the difference on payday from his miner/bank.
Lets say he needs to sell 100 BTC but has only 50
He takes 50 from the pool and sells it, then the next day he puts 50btc from his own miner back to the pool.
So he instantly sold 100BTC without going to the bank in exchange for the extra he pays to the miners.
P4man

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:18:51 PM

Why waste all these words when a short reasonable clarification -not of any secret, but of what you already claimed will make me look like a fool?

But if you must know, I only think you are lying. Whatever your reasons, you are giving a nonsensical explanation in your first post. Anyone with a half a brain can see that, and you dont even seem to be denying it anymore, all you do is post and post while avoiding the key issue that your initial post makes no sense whatsoever.

If anyone wants to entrust his hashing power to you despite that, and without having a clue what their hashrate wil actually be used for, I suppose thats their business. Nothing I can do about that, but  I do feel someone should point it out.

As for the 51% attack; no you alone wont pull it off obviously. But you are not alone. There are lots of similar 100+% pps "non"-pools, meta pools and pseudo pools emerging lately. No one knows where their hash rate goes to, or what its used for. So no one knows if they cant be combined and rented to the highest bidder for whatever purpose. You dont have to be a mother theresa to be concerned about that potential, all that is needed is owning coins.  Half this forum is deeply concerned about deepbit and slush's combined hash rate, even though they provably mine their own blocks, there is no big mystery there. And no demonstrable lying.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:24:44 PM

Why waste all these words when a short reasonable clarification -not of any secret, but of what you already claimed will make me look like a fool?

But if you must know, I only think you are lying. Whatever your reasons, you are giving a nonsensical explanation in your first post. Anyone with a half a brain can see that, and you dont even seem to be denying it anymore, all you do is post and post while avoiding the key issue that your initial post makes no sense whatsoever.

If anyone wants to entrust his hashing power to you despite that, and without having a clue what their hashrate wil actually be used for, I suppose thats their business. Nothing I can do about that, but  I do feel someone should point it out.

As for the 51% attack; no you alone wont pull it off obviously. But you are not alone. There are lots of similar 100+% pps "non"-pools, meta pools and pseudo pools emerging lately. No one knows where their hash rate goes to, or what its used for. So no one knows if they cant be combined and rented to the highest bidder for whatever purpose. You dont have to be a mother theresa to be concerned about that potential, all that is needed is owning coins.  Half this forum is deeply concerned about deepbit and slush's combined hash rate, even though they provably mine their own blocks, there is no big mystery there. And no demonstrable lying.

Ive told you to clarify more how this setup works out profitably for myself and for the miners would effectively give others an easy way to copy/mimic what I do, I seriously would want to start the "business" first before others start doing the same/if ever.

Climb back into your paranoia coffin, I have no intention to divert hashing power in order to 51% attack or anything of that nature.

You sir are a paranoid loon.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
P4man

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:26:22 PM

i would worry more about attacking altchains with the pool- he might be paid for that
The way i see it - he is using the pool's money in between payouts to sell to his customers then filling up the difference on payday from his miner/bank.

Freshly minted blocks take more than a day to mature. So he cant even use his newly mined blocks for what you describe. I could end there, but its more nonsensical than that;  assuming he could spend the new coins or delay PPS payments an extra day, hed get less than 1 day worth of bitcoins for 10-15% fees on the total amount.  It would also be far cheaper to lend the money at the bank and deposit the extra 1 day average turnover at Mt Gox.

But thats not even the biggest issue; the biggest issue is youd still have to do what he says is impossible or so hard in SA, or at least what the whole purpose of this set up is supposed to be:  avoiding exchanges to convert fiat in to BTCs.

So there is no logic in it whatsoever, it just doesnt add up.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:28:45 PM

Freshly minted blocks take more than a day to mature. So he cant even use his newly mined blocks for what you describe. I could end there, but its more nonsensical than that;  assuming he could spend the new coins or delay PPS payments an extra day, hed get less than 1 day worth of bitcoins for 10-15% fees on the total amount.  It would also be far cheaper to lend the money at the bank and deposit the extra 1 day average turnover at Mt Gox.

But thats not even the biggest issue; the biggest issue is youd still have to do what he says is impossible or so hard in SA, or at least what the whole purpose of this set up is supposed to be:  avoiding exchanges to convert fiat in to BTCs.

So there is no logic in it whatsoever, it just doesnt add up.

Why do I even answer is beyond me, as I stated in the OP. I will be processing payments manually twice a week, not every day or every 2nd day.
* Clipse awaits another troll response as to why I dont lay out my whole business plan so you could copy it.

I dont usually ask this but please get out of this thread or go start a witch hunt thread of your own stating how evil Clipse is without a shred of evidence of wrong-doing. I bet you would get alot of the other trolls on this forum baited to such a thread.

P4man

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Ive told you to clarify more how this setup works out profitably for myself and for the miners would effectively give others an easy way to copy/mimic what I do, I seriously would want to start the "business" first before others start doing the same/if ever.

So now you admit your OP explanation is untrue. AKA as a lie.
Why dont you edit the OP and say you have a secret business model you dont want to disclose instead of a describing a nonsensical one?

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:31:22 PM

So now you admit your OP explanation is untrue. AKA as a lie.
Why dont you edit the OP and say you have a secret business model you dont want to disclose instead of a describing a nonsensical one?

My OP is the business model, how it works out profitably for me is not for you to know, thats all. Deal with it.

This thread regarding my service turned into your own vendetta and witch hunt which is patheticly sad, did you have a boring day?

S. Omega

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 30, 2012, 11:31:38 PM

Lets say he needs to sell 100 BTC but has only 50
He takes 50 from the pool and sells it, then the next day he puts 50btc from his own miner back to the pool.
So he instantly sold 100BTC without going to the bank in exchange for the extra he pays to the miners.

Hence, much less hassle.

Seeing hostile intent with every endeavour can be called risk analysis/risk management, but it can also be dubbed as overly paranoid. You may as well halt all innovation on grounds of "possibilities". Nothing is impossible, risk a little or don't.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 08:24:47 AM

All users will be contacted later today with details, enjoy.

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 03:22:21 PM

Competition is a good thing (for us miners).  Goat is back to 115%...

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2012, 03:47:07 PM

Ye competition is good, also makes way to unique additional offers to miners which I am working on for when we go public so there is something great for everyone in the coming days Smiley

Mailing first miners in a couple of hours, just finishing of final stat tests to make sure all is good Smiley

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 12:29:02 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2012, 01:35:46 AM by Clipse

Everyone should have received an email by now regarding access, enjoy!

EDIT: There is a small error on difficulty divider on userstats which will be resolved asap, it wont affect your earnings, its just anoying to look at for now Smiley

ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 02:36:03 AM

I got your email, but now I see its 115% PPS. Will I get 110% or 115%? I would prefer 115% obviously.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 02:52:07 AM

I got your email, but now I see its 115% PPS. Will I get 110% or 115%? I would prefer 115% obviously.

Im spoiling everyone with 115% , dont worry Smiley The Bonus PPS Rate in userstats reflect that, you can calculate from the 100% PPS Rate and see for yourself Smiley

ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 03:12:53 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2012, 03:30:54 AM by ssateneth

Speaking of userstats, I can't seem to get it to work. I type in my name exactly how it is on the forums and hit enter or click search, but nothing happens? I tried firefox, IE, and IE compatability mode.

Edit: Never mind, stats are finally showing up in firefox. Seems to have some lag between clicking search and stats actually popping up.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 03:30:51 AM

Speaking of userstats, I can't seem to get it to work. I type in my name exactly how it is on the forums and hit enter or click search, but nothing happens? I tried firefox, IE, and IE compatability mode.

Another user had same issue, we are looking into whats causing it. It eventually started to work for him, please try bit later and once we figure out whats causing it we will let everyone know.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: