Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:54:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ]  (Read 93959 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 10:48:26 PM

Got it now Smiley

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 02:41:57 AM

UPDATE: LAST CALL FOR 115% BONUS PPS EARNINGS

We are still offering 115% for signup(subject to change with advance notice) for the next couple of users who PM me to signup. Once we come to the end of 115% PPS we will give all users who signed up before/during the last call for 115% signup preferential rates as long as they remained active miners with us.

Signing up and then only mining a day and dissapearing from the pool wont help you, we arnt stupid. Follow the rules and you will get the best rates in town.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 07:50:19 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2012, 10:05:01 AM by Clipse

IMPORTANT:

We notice a couple of users are submitting a ton of stales so please if you are running the stand-alone POCLBM Miner or POCLBM through GUI-MINER you must wait for an update for windows or you can follow this thread to fix it for linux installation : https://github.com/m0mchil/poclbm/commit/3c4bf83c9fe8602c687afcd82d556cf58af4fbba

We cant officially support PHOENIX Miner even though I used to love it, to me it seems Phoenix Miner have never resolved some random stale/reject issue that crops up out of the blue even with the latest 1.7.5, so if you are using Phoenix Miner please consider using CGMINER 2.2.1 or the fixed POCLBM Miner(which works great) or use PHOENIX Miner at your own risk.

Users of Diablo Miner, I am not aware of any issues with it nor have alot of experience using it, so if you use it on our pool drop me and email and let me know so I can look at your stales using Diablo Miner EDIT: There might also be an issue with Diablo Miner, please test it first.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 08:20:49 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2012, 08:32:30 AM by farfiman

I have been using phoenix under aoclbf  and never had any stale/reject problems on any of the pools.
On Ars have 0.7% (my backup pool)  

edit: I see i'm getting between 6-8% stales now on your pool

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 08:51:47 AM

I have been using phoenix under aoclbf  and never had any stale/reject problems on any of the pools.
On Ars have 0.7% (my backup pool)  

edit: I see i'm getting between 6-8% stales now on your pool

Stale will be dropping in the coming shares, overall pool stalerate across all miners is at 1.4% atm so its just a couple of miners it seems with either broken miners or just not efficient miners, I dont know at this time.

You could either wait and see if your stales drop and you should be fine or try cgminer/fixed poclbm or diablominer (whichever is fastest for you) and see if your stalerate improves, I would think its worth the little extra effort for the payouts we make Wink

Btw farfiman your most recent stats on our database since start of new payment cycle shows 3.1% stales, its clearly dropping just keep an eye on it. If everyones miners is working right, they should all move to the pool average stalerate thats at 1.4% right now, eventually when shares catch up.

Schwede65

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 09:35:00 AM

IMPORTANT:

We notice a couple of users are submitting a ton of stales so please if you are running the stand-alone POCLBM Miner or POCLBM through GUI-MINER

so far as i can see:

guiminer-20110824.exe seems to be the poclbm-broken-one

guiminer-20110701.exe is poclbm-o.k. and does his good mining-job   Grin

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 09:40:09 AM

Something really strange just happened :

It was showing like 60836 shares submitted and 2.67 BTC ( probably wrong ) to be paid now after half and hour when I refreshed it, I get 57 shares submitted and 0.00250794 BTC earnings ( probably right ) ?

I will mine 24/7 at over 1 ghash/s as in the contract with no "hopping" as soon as I can do it. I need to test my miners settings first on another pool that does not mind a little tuning downtime because I just setup them this weekend. I am a man of my word and I will respect the contract but for now I need to tweak my miners then they will be all yours 24/7 at 3.5 ghash/s without any interruption.

I read your recent email and really don't want to be kicked out or penalized etc. I really like the fact you have a UK server so this pool should be ideal for me and my miners !
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 09:56:09 AM

Something really strange just happened :

It was showing like 60836 shares submitted and 2.67 BTC ( probably wrong ) to be paid now after half and hour when I refreshed it, I get 57 shares submitted and 0.00250794 BTC earnings ( probably right ) ?

I will mine 24/7 at over 1 ghash/s as in the contract with no "hopping" as soon as I can do it. I need to test my miners settings first on another pool that does not mind a little tuning downtime because I just setup them this weekend. I am a man of my word and I will respect the contract but for now I need to tweak my miners then they will be all yours 24/7 at 3.5 ghash/s without any interruption.

I read your recent email and really don't want to be kicked out or penalized etc. I really like the fact you have a UK server so this pool should be ideal for me and my miners !

The stats now is correct, that was a small glitch just after bringing stats online that we caught "immediately" but seems to late some users allready viewed stats. All is good now, quite obvious for anyone who saw those stats they had to know its definitely wrong ;P

Take your time but tuning shouldnt take more than a day to find the optimal settings Wink , at the next paycycle I will look at whos been missing(with active high Bonus PPS account) and do all the neccesary hashrate avg checks across the payment cycle.

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 09:57:35 AM

IMPORTANT:

We notice a couple of users are submitting a ton of stales so please if you are running the stand-alone POCLBM Miner or POCLBM through GUI-MINER

so far as i can see:

Its not related to guiminer, its just guiminer were packaged with the same stand alone poclbm miner, so it affects any mining frontend using poclbm, Im not sure how 20110701 could work for you since it also contains the broken poclbm, thats very strange.

EDIT: Ah just saw your other thread reply, well good find if that works without waiting for a fix Cheesy

Schwede65

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 10:03:45 AM

IMPORTANT:

so far as i can see:

Its not related to guiminer, its just guiminer were packaged with the same stand alone poclbm miner, so it affects any mining frontend using poclbm, Im not sure how 20110701 could work for you since it also contains the broken poclbm, thats very strange.

you may check what this guiminer-20110701.exe mines at your pool
i tested the guiminer-20110824.exe and it worked with many stales (i only saw the missing shares)
i had the luck that the set of the backup-pool worked not fine on the guiminer-20110824.exe so i used the guiminer-20110701.exe...
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 11:09:31 AM

So, Ive just done about 25k shares test to the pool using Phoenix 2 beta and all I can say is hell-yeh. Stale rate from south africa to the UK server 0.21%

If you want to switch or just try Phoenix 2 beta, here is a easy to follow breakdown and the settings I use on my Radeon 5850 mining farm.

1.) Download for Windows: https://github.com/downloads/phoenix2/phoenix/phoenix-2.0.0.zip   or    for linux: https://github.com/downloads/phoenix2/phoenix/phoenix-2.0.0-rc1.tar.gz

2.) On windows run phoenix.exe so it writes a blank phoenix.cfg file and on linux you create the phoenix.cfg file, I use the following details in my phoenix.cfg with Radeon 5850:

Code:
[general]
verbose = True
autodetect = +cl -cpu   # The rightmost parameter takes precedence. This enables all OpenCL devices, except those that are CPUs.
backend = http://workername:anypassword@pooladdress:port  # URL format is exactly as it was in Phoenix 1

#[web]
#password =  # Set an RPC password to keep people from messing with your miners. Left this commented.

# If you want to configure miners yourself, edit and uncomment this section:
[cl:0:0] # Or whatever ID you want to configure. You need to add more entries like this for each miner just change to [cl:0:1] etc.
autoconfigure = False # Do you still want autoconfiguration?
disabled = False # Do you want to disable the miner?
BFI_INT = True # Any other kernel options...
vectors = True # can go into this section.
kernel = phatk2
worksize = 128
aggression = 13

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 12:52:50 PM

ORIGINAL POST UPDATED:

Cleaned it up, made it clear that we run a Private Beta and laid out specific details that matter.

farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 01:01:06 PM

when we'll be able to see our avg hash rate?

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 01:04:04 PM

when we'll be able to see our avg hash rate?

As soon as possible, but to give you some sort of timeframe, I am trying to squeeze it in among other non-pool related work so will try before Wednesday.

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 03:09:50 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2012, 03:21:10 PM by JWU42

Interesting about Phoenix - but hate to say I am seeing what you advised - HUGE reject rates this morning - over 8%.  

No clue why it is such a problem with this pool as it isn't with others.  Further - can't stay connected as I keep failing over to the backup pool in phoenix...

EDIT/UPDATE:

CGMiner on another rig is running at 1% rejects...  Grin

Switching my main miner to CGminer breaks other stuff - decision decisions...

Clipse (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 03:39:36 PM

Interesting about Phoenix - but hate to say I am seeing what you advised - HUGE reject rates this morning - over 8%.  

No clue why it is such a problem with this pool as it isn't with others.  Further - can't stay connected as I keep failing over to the backup pool in phoenix...

EDIT/UPDATE:

CGMiner on another rig is running at 1% rejects...  Grin

Switching my main miner to CGminer breaks other stuff - decision decisions...

No idea, only a few users have high stales and by few I mean 3 out of 42, all I can think its miner related eitherway whatever miner you need to run for lowest stale shouldnt be much effort compared to what you would gain from extra earnings.

QuantumFoam

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 04:41:33 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2012, 07:11:41 PM by QuantumFoam

cgminer has always worked great at every other pool for me, except this one. cgminer has everything you need built right into it, i.e. auto overclocking, auto fan speed, GPU temperature targets, emergency overheat temperature cutoff (where it will shut the card down to prevent damage), etc. I have no idea why cgminer has an issue with just this pool, but I can't change clients since I need all the functionality that cgminer provides. As of right now the reject rate is showing 1.3%, at other pools it was 0.15% to 0.2%.

|Quantum|World's First Cloud Management Platform on the Blockchain
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 05:00:17 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2012, 05:12:52 PM by Kluge

Stale rate seems to be 2 or 3 times worse in the rig where my miners run in CFX (9-20%). The rigs where the cards run independently have a stale rate of ~4.5% using phoenix (ETA: stale rate continuing to drop on other rigs -- bit over 3% rejected, now). Settings are significantly diff. on the CFX rig, too, to prevent mining from interfering with my web browsing.

Hm. Now it's remarkably worse. Maybe a temp. thing with server? Running one card on CFX rig with poclbm, one with Phoenix. 9/12 shares rejected. 7/8 for poclbm, 2/4 for Phoenix. Will continue testing...

Eh - I'll just keep my non-CFX rigs on this pool, move the CFX rig back to old pool. Should still be putting out bit under 1.5GH/s. Losing quite a bit with only 20-40% of shares accepted on the CFX rig.
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 05:02:15 PM

that's what i'm getting as well, although on the website it says 3.1% rejects only

Martin Armstrong
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 06:43:59 PM

@Farfiman - yeah - my website stats were showing far less (around 3.25%) but I just started that box back on the pool.

CGMiner is definitely better here than phoenix as of now - 1.3% rejects after 4500 shares on one box and 1.2% after 3800 shares on another...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: