Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:12:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Project Development] CoinWorker.com - earn bitcoin in your browser in minutes  (Read 38424 times)
ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 09:12:19 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2012, 07:25:43 PM by ForceField

And now, more 22-point tasks are available: "How relevant/satisfactory are these search engine results?"

Just tried this. After more than 1 hour, the status is showing up as paid, but in the txid link it's showing up as an Error: "No such transaction".
http://coinworker.com/activity/...address...

Update: After 2 hours, problem seems fixed.

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WargeGeoshington (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

proprietor of http://coinworker.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 11:40:28 AM

Just tried this. After more than 1 hour, the status is showing up as paid, but in the txid link it's showing up as an Error: "No such transaction".
http://coinworker.com/activity/1j9edpsfBUrA12oNa8x1KzbRtGP9zphHf

Update: After 2 hours, problem seems fixed.

The payment machine today started suffering from an intermittently flaky net connection, which can both slow the recognition of the amount due, and the bitcoin-propagation of the payment transaction.

FYI, even when all is well, the bitcoin txid appears at CoinWorker.com as soon as the transaction is composed and offered to peers. It will usually be an additional few minutes before it appears at any third-party log (like blockexplorer.com or blockchain.info), and then perhaps even tens of minutes more before it lands in a block.

Still, any 2 hour delay was almost certainly a result of some new net problems here, and I'll be working on smoothing those out tomorrow. (In the event of delays of any length, we'll catch up in a batch when all's fixed.)

{Warge

CoinWorker.com - earn bitcoins in minutes from any browser
follow @CoinWorking or like CoinWorker on Facebook for updates
ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 05:30:07 AM

Keep up the good work! Really like this site, but you definitely need a larger variety of tasks which I know crowdflower currently offers.

Are you familiar with Swagbucks?
They have a tasks section that comes from crowdflower and there are 15+ different tasks currently available.
CoinWorker would be a lot more competitive if it could offer those tasks.

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 08:59:03 PM

Keep up the good work! Really like this site, but you definitely need a larger variety of tasks which I know crowdflower currently offers.

They have a tasks section that comes from crowdflower and there are 15+ different tasks currently available.

Thanks! I didn't know Swagbucks, thanks for the pointer.

Based on discussions with CrowdFlower I am hopeful that I can eventually offer the larger collection of tasks, but it's too early to say when that could happen.

{Warge

Tapeworm3

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 02:54:52 PM

Made 1 BTC in about an hour. Not bad. Too bad no tasks at this moment I had some spare time.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 11:00:58 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2012, 11:59:32 PM by Vorksholk

Just want to say that this is an amazing product/service! It's really easy to use, time-efficient (Clocked in over 2 BTC with just over an hour and a half of work), and fun seeing your balance update in real-time. Great work, Warge, this project has some great promise.

The only roadblock (aside from underexposure, easily fixed) I see for this service is the shortage of work, such as the recent 18hr+ shortage (which I understand isn't your fault, Warge, but simply crowdflower doesn't provide jobs on a regular basis), which would hopefully improve as you get to be a longer customer with crowdflower and get more hits on your website.

Just as you use a CrowdFlower API to pull jobs and display them, I see at least a niche in the market for your own API. So far, your product seems pretty unique, no other mTurk-type work with BitCoin payout that I know (although I have heard of one proposed on another forum), meaning you might be able to capitalize on your own API, for people to embed in websites for donations, etc. (Such as embedded in a website for a gaming server that a player can log onto and drop a few minutes mining 0.1 bit coins as a server donation instead of spending real money) although I have no idea how possible this is being that you are already pulling from a proprietary API yourself. Just an idea.

As well, I noticed your website doesn't have too good of SEO (a search for CoinWorker on google has irrelevant results before your actual website, and BitCoin-related searches don't pull up your website.) Getting some better SEO may prove very beneficial, helping this awesome project go main-stream.

While this doesn't really currently work for a steady income, it is great to pick up some spending cash (especially when coupled with services to buy steam games with BitCoins), and might be marketed in such a way to entice people who would like to, for example, beef up their gaming library (if you are going to consider buying and placing advertisements) or buy some music online.

As well, it's awesome your keeping up with your growing community on Twitter, helps a lot to be able to ask/communicate directly with a developer.

A quick bug with your system (only a problem for people who don't quite get it) your system doesn't check on submission of a BitCoin address whether it is malformed or not (might want to at least check to make sure it is 34 characters) as a user can unwittingly enter a real address, name, or something else without receiving an error about their submitted "address".

The UI feels polished and works nicely, anyone should be able to figure out what to do quite quickly, very good for a website aimed at more of a general audience.

I agree with Vitality:
They have a tasks section that comes from crowd flower and there are 15+ different tasks currently available.

Swagbucks (and many other sites, for that matter) offer a lot more tasks and options, again I don't know how crowd flower distribution works, perhaps it's based on how many tasks have been completed through you before? Anyhow, if you have any control over the tasks that you have on your website, of course the more the better, and all with good time I'm sure they'll arrive Smiley.

At any rate, awesome service, awesome site, and very few bugs of any sort.

Also wanted to say, to deal with the inherent problem with startups of underexposure, might want to put this on the bitcoin wiki (under something like earning or mining) just as simply a helpful inclusion to the growing list of other services (most very inefficient for earning).

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Player 3

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 12:03:53 AM

How often do these tasks update, and what time is it, normally?
boxbox10

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 04:52:00 AM

ok, it's out of task at the moment, but how do you define the points per task?

what stop people from answering all your tasks, i see the recent coinworking all used the same btc address?
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 07:29:11 AM

Thanks for the encouraging words!

@Vorksholk, I believe the main reason for the limited number/variety of tasks is that I'm still in a testing/development status with the task provider (CrowdFlower). I'm a bit different from their usual partners, so it may take a while (and even some adjustments to the service) to access the full variety of tasks. But when that's achieved, there should be a relatively nonstop (and diverse) collection of tasks to choose from.

I am totally in tune with the idea of this being a way for other sites to assess a small 'toll'/donation on people before registering/proceeding. In fact, that was part of the genesis for the whole idea: for another site, I wanted a sort of 'super-CAPTCHA' that would mean people had to put a samll amount of real money/effort into things before becoming a full registrant, so that they couldn't create mischief throwaway accounts. But, I didn't want the whole overhead of (for example) credit card charges/chargebacks/etc. The ideas of -- (1) requiring bitcoin; and (2) giving people who didn't have bitcoin a way to get it -- flowed from that need.

So I would love to see websites that say, "your account will be active once address 1################## receives 0.2btc" -- and if someone doesn't have BTC handy, because in all honesty getting your first BTC is somewhat challenging -- they can come to CoinWorker.com and do 0.2btc worth of work to proceed.

I hear you on the SEO -- but all my potentially promotional/SEO activities are on hold until I'm sure I have a good flow of tasks. I don't want people's first experience to be "tasks not available", if I can help it. When that's solved, I'll be doing SEO and other promotion.

And, good point about malformed addresses. Fixing that with better validation is on my to-do list.

@'Player 3', it's currently unpredictable when new tasks become available. As noted above I hope when my status with the task back-end stabilizes, it will be rare for there to ever be no tasks. When I notice a long drought ends, I'll tweet it at the @CoinWorking account.

@boxbox10, the 'point values' are essentially $USD cents values from the entity that wants the tasks done, minus the CoinWorker commission (currently 10%, may vary). In the future, the point value might improve for more 'mature' worker addresses -- both I and the task provider benefit from long-lived addresses with stable reputations for quality work. Also, if I can manage exchange-rate risks, the tasks might be quoted in ' estimated mBTC'/milliBit (1/1000 BTC) values. (For example, a 22 point task would be instead "39 mBTC" at current exchange rates.) For now, I haven't done this because it's still easier for many people to think in $USD cents.

There's nothing to stop a fast efficient worker from answering all the tasks: the task-providers and I both want as much done, as quickly as possible, as long as it's done with due care and attention. So if you see (in the 'recent' log) one address, it means that one address has been continuously active while others have not.

Thanks again for all the feedback and CoinWorking!

{Warge

boxbox10

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 08:11:34 AM

i see! following your twitter. Tongue
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 08:26:57 AM

Question:  What percentage do you take for yourself?  I mean, the CrowdFlower site pays out in USD, right?  So you get paid in USD, and pay out BTC.  I'm just curious if you pay out the equivalent BTC amount exactly, or if you take a few % off the top.
boxbox10

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 08:40:54 AM

Question:  What percentage do you take for yourself?  I mean, the CrowdFlower site pays out in USD, right?  So you get paid in USD, and pay out BTC.  I'm just curious if you pay out the equivalent BTC amount exactly, or if you take a few % off the top.

he said ~10% in the lengthy reply above.
bravetheheat

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 08:52:35 AM

Hey, is this website blocked in China or is 75.101.163.44 the wrong IP?  Huh
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 08:58:33 AM

@SgtSpike, as mentioned in my reply to boxbox10, CoinWorker is for now taking 10% off the amounts paid by the task provider.

That might change over time. For example, in order to reward long-lived reputations, the CoinWorker commission could go higher  for new unproven worker addresses, or go lower for addresses that establish a long history of consistent work. Similarly, if it becomes easier/less-volatile to convert USD->BTC, the commission could go down; if it becomes harder at large service volumes, it could go up.

At all times, the value to workers of tasks, in estimated BTC or USD-equivalent points, will be clearly declared before work on the task is started. Due to exchange volatility, it's only at the moment of payment that the points->BTC exchange rate is frozen.

(So for example, if for some reason my payment process were broken/lagged at the same time as a major exchange rate move, workers get the rate at the moment payments finally catch up. If there are delays in payment, it's because something got wedged or needed fixes/upgrade work... I'm not trying to 'time the market' with payments in any way. The longest delay so far since public operation began was around 3-4 hours, but I know that in certain scenarios a technical delay of 24-72 hours could happen before I coudl fix things... and maybe even longer if service popularity far outstripped my ability to acquire BTC.)

{Warge

WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 09:08:03 AM

Hey, is this website blocked in China or is 75.101.163.44 the wrong IP?  Huh

75.101.163.44 is the right IP; it's one of the public IPs for services hosted (as is CoinWorker) on the Heroku platform:

Unfortunately all Heroku-hosted apps seem to share the same 3 IPs, so if any other apps on these Heroku IPs have fallen afoul of your local authorities' blocking, CoinWorker could be blocked too.

I'd definitely like CoinWorker to be available to as many regions in China as possible. (I've heard the national firewall varies by region, as well.) Please let me know any tips/tools for ensuring accessibility there and I'll do what I can to help.

{Warge

finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 09:11:38 AM

Nice service.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 09:22:12 AM

Fair enough - at least you're transparent about it!
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 01:44:33 PM

Totally hear you about the waiting on SEO, forgot about that Tongue

As well, I don't know much about mySQL, but did you check to make sure you can't do injections?

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
alexrussel1980

Activity: 106

CryptoBeggar

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 09:00:22 PM

im gonna give a go

Support My Drinking Habits And Guinness Draught Addiction

BTN - > 1DPHLULFXjtXSSCEZVKqGg7Y457q51fxxr
throwaway