Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Project Development] CoinWorker.com - earn bitcoin in your browser in minutes  (Read 38424 times)
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 10:38:03 PM

Just curious, how long do these droughts usually last?

Looking forward to more tasks, but still new to all of this, not sure exactly what to expect.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WargeGeoshington (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

proprietor of http://coinworker.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 02:42:04 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 08:02:37 AM by WargeGeoshington

Just curious, how long do these droughts usually last?

There was one of about a week in earlier testing, but they're all because the relationship with the task-provider is still in a limited 'testing' mode.

That should end soon, maybe even as soon as tomorrow -- after which droughts might not recur at all!

{Warge

CoinWorker.com - earn bitcoins in minutes from any browser
follow @CoinWorking or like CoinWorker on Facebook for updates
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 03:04:28 AM

Man, tomorrow would be amazing if that did happen Smiley I've been checking the website like every few hours (and right when I get up in the mornings) to check for more work (a bit odd I suppose). IDK, I just think it's an awesome idea, and I love being able to pick up enough disposable income in one day to be able to buy a steam game Smiley

Great way to get a bit of online spending cash. Oh well, can't wait till your out of "testing" mode Smiley So about how long does it take for a place like yours to get out of "testing" mode?

Therilith

Activity: 62

100X100111XX10

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 12:57:23 AM

Supposedly, acquiring a strong track record may make an individual identity eligible for bonuses and higher-value tasks, but my experience with the task source isn't long enough to even know what that would look like, to a CoinWorker.
Could a malicious individual enter somebody else's BTC address and screw up their accuracy/reputation/whatever?

Money is power. If you would like to transfer some of your power to me (making yourself weaker and me stronger), use the following address: 1PoFSpghmpsebfwZwnu5PPmmv2u9uYgJKo
AndDuffy

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:28:39 AM

Supposedly, acquiring a strong track record may make an individual identity eligible for bonuses and higher-value tasks, but my experience with the task source isn't long enough to even know what that would look like, to a CoinWorker.
Could a malicious individual enter somebody else's BTC address and screw up their accuracy/reputation/whatever?

Only if the individual knew which BTC address was being used for CoinWorker. I have a separate address for everything I use, so there is no way that anybody could know my address for CoinWorker unless they had access to my wallet. And if somebody has access to your wallet, your CoinWorker rep shouldn't be your top concern.

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 01:52:14 AM

But they would be able to see the bitcoin address last receiving coins on coinworker.com... They could see a bunch of little winnings from the same bitcoin address... :/

WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 09:07:12 PM

Yes: this is a potential downside of letting anyone 'work' on behalf of any address, and advertising the payout publicly (at the CoinWorker.com site, or simply via people deducing what's happening the global blockchain).

There isn't any direct profit in it, so it's only of interest to people of pure malice: because they recognize the payout addresses, or simply dislike any high-earners they notice.

Still, I've implemented a countermeasure that will be documented soon on the site. (I didn't want to promote it until there's evidence of such behavior or discussion.)

You can add to the end of your address an extension like "+WHATEVER". (That is, a plus-sign and then another string of your choosing.)

The combination of your address *and* your extra string will determine your worker-reputation. But, only the address portion is significant for payments or displayed in public logs.

So, by using a secret extension, others can't 'spoil' your reputation (or hijack any tasks-in-progress).

Note that this could also help several people in good faith work on behalf of the same address, without interfering with each other even by innocent mistake. (Husband and wife, people who all want to donate to a public project address, etc.)

There will be an explanation and form to help people use this feature soon.

By the way, there are some tasks available, but they're a tiny value (4pts) and tiny number (<200), so I'm not announcing them. I still expect a larger variety/volume of tasks to arrive any day now.

{Warge

WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 09:14:09 PM

Actually, even though the current tasks are small/few, they may be of interest: they are to predict the Academy Award winners, and there are (tiny) bonuses for getting the predictions right. So maybe fun but not lucrative.

{Warge

UnderGod

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 09:40:12 PM

Great idea Smiley
Just a thing: just tried the site, upon entering my btc address, it says no tasks available, but the main page states there's tasks available Wink
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 09:52:32 PM

What do you think it would take to allow folks to create tasks outside of your partner's system? Have you come up with a time estimate?

Looks like a good idea executed well so far. Good luck.
throwaway

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 10:13:13 PM

I have the same problem as UnderGod.
Therilith

100X100111XX10

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 10:21:31 PM

Same here. I tried a new address too just in case my old one somehow ended up with a bad rep, but I can't see any tasks.
Do you need a >0 rep to do the 4 point task?

Money is power. If you would like to transfer some of your power to me (making yourself weaker and me stronger), use the following address: 1PoFSpghmpsebfwZwnu5PPmmv2u9uYgJKo
WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2012, 11:16:47 PM

Great idea Smiley
Just a thing: just tried the site, upon entering my btc address, it says no tasks available, but the main page states there's tasks available Wink

I'm guessing this is most likely a regional thing. The "tasks available" message is based on a test-request from the server (in the eastern USA), and maybe even the current task (Academy Award predictions) is locked to a US or North American audience.

If anyone having this problem reports their location/browser when this happens, I'll try to deduce a pattern so that at least the message can be correct (or simply silent, so people know to check the tasks page itself).

What do you think it would take to allow folks to create tasks outside of your partner's system? Have you come up with a time estimate?

Looks like a good idea executed well so far. Good luck.

Thanks!

I'd highly recommend going through CrowdFlower to get bulk microtasks done, even if it means paying in non-BTC for now, because they're the experts in structuring/assessing things, and there's a benefit (for most tasks) to offer them to the largest 'crowd'.

A system that also takes BTC in payment for tasks-needing-completion is a 'someday-maybe' thing rather than any sort of plan, and if/when doing it I'd also try to leverage CrowdFlower.

{Warge

Vernon715

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:37:44 AM

Seems like it will be awesome

Please donate: 1FfJzfpGCXD6saKqmMs8W1qt9wouhA98Mj

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/1642

WargeGeoshington (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 02:00:27 AM

There are some meatier tasks now: "Would you buy this item?" (12 points)

...& more likely soon.

If you don't see them, I'm interested to hear your region (via DM, Twitter, or here). (Also if you can't visit the CoinWorker.com website at all, as someone in China earlier reported, I'd like to hear your region in that case too.)

{Warge

Therilith

100X100111XX10

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 02:13:35 AM

"Tasks available"

"There are no tasks currently available, please check back later!"

Sweden.

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 02:57:34 AM

I have reason to suspect this is CrowdFlower's issue, not yours, Warge, but I put in my BitCoin address, then chose the 13-point "how relevant are these items?" thing. I worked through the qualifications, got a 50% the first time (although I arguably should have gotten 100... not the point, but they said a car was very related to searching for a manual for a car, but I digress, lol) so I took it again to get my remaining 2 credits. I took it again, then go the sorry message about failing. I reloaded the page to see what I had missed this time, and it took me to the page with the choices for tasks. I clicked on the "how relevant are these items?" again, and it let me start earning. Any idea what is up with this? If this is a crowd flower issue, might want to let them know. I'll report back if anything odd happens with this not working.

Anyhow, very glad you got more tasks, that's awesome Smiley

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 03:39:00 AM

As well, I have taken it upon myself to take this accuracy/quality control testing one step further. Here are my results:

Did the test/prep for the 13 point "how relevant are these results". Passed the first time with 50%, but needed 2 more. Got the 2 more after being told I was wrong. Reloaded page, click on the icon for the 13-pt task, and was back in, chuggin' away. Got some incorrect, percentage went down. Percentage went down to like 71% or something. It booted me off, as expected, saying my accuracy was too low. I went back to the selection area (with the 12 and 13 point tasks) and selected the 13-point tasks again. Boom, in again, with still 71% as my percentile, but able to do more work.

There seems to be something extremely wrong with people not being able to complete results with good accuracy but still getting to go on. I'll do some more testing with even lower percentages...

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 03:42:00 AM

Update to previous post, posted separate though:

Got to I think 63%, and it's booted me off for good, so it just seems it is a bit glitchy around the time when you are like borderline, like 71%, as well as in finishing the tests? Lemme know if you want me to pursue this further. Smiley

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 04:15:26 AM

To add to this, giving feedback on why a question is wrong/unfair is quite hard when typing the key "T" on my MacBook prompts the page to say something about tools activated. Want a video about this? (It'd be quick...)

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: