Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 12:42:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAST] MastCoin | CoinRecycler | Bittrex  (Read 180268 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:42:06 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 03:59:33 AM by DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

Glad to see Dev is back *ahem* Dev, do you mind if I help program?  I'm good at C++ through my college but they lack the real world developing knowledge I want to acquire and I would be more than happy to help in exchange for the experience

Edit:  I have 2 years in C++ classes, learn fairly quickly, don't honestly have much outside that, just want to learn all I can

Edit2:  Also, whoever else needs help setting up something, I've got nothing but free time, I'd love to help someone set up a dice game or whatever else  Smiley

QTE

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:49:41 AM

Glad to see Dev is back *ahem* Dev, do you mind if I help program?  I'm good at C++ through my college but they lack the real world developing knowledge I want to acquire and I would be more than happy to help in exchange for the experience

Edit:  I have 2 years in C++ classes, learn fairly quickly, don't honestly have much outside that, just want to learn all I can
http://makeameme.org/media/created/yeah-Thats-right.jpg
haxalot2012

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:09:45 AM

I saw something that did wonders for bumbaclot coin i dont have the experience to code it but i would gladly pitch in on hosting costs, it was a troll box bot that when people mentioned keywords in the troll box(ie. Mast, Mastcoin in our case), it paid them a small amount of coin, it was set to limit to once per 5 mins per nick, it also had the option to tip users the same amount as if they typed the keyword. all the user had to do to register was msg or say in the channel register <address>, the bot associated the nick with the address and when the nick said a keyword it paid the address, the coin that was doin this became popular within hours everyone talked about it made meme etc. your not giving away enuff to harm the coin with dumps but it encourages ppl to look up the coin/download the wallet and market for us, i don't think this idea will get us to the moon but i don't see how it could hurt?

Do you actually mean a troll box bot, or an IRC bot? I haven't personally seen any troll box bots that would do that, but an IRC bot would be pretty easy to do. We already have a tip bot on our IRC channel in #mastcoin, after all.

trollbox...its on a couple exchanges that i know of...
invall

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:23:29 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 09:38:20 AM by invall

Guys, you are going a lot too far, you need to keep the focus on the coin recycler and after it's released you can think about other things
After reading the last pages, i can tell you vir6 is right, the guy knows his shit, maybe he is a bit rude but he undertand how it works...

You need to focus on something and never change it, how do you want any serious investor to join right now if they see you are about to launch a second POW period ? and how do you want people to hold when their investment are about to be worth even less ?

Hope you take my advice.

no no

you only need to prove you are serious, can deliver things fast and give ETA.

then investors will naturally come and big guys tweet about it that's how it works.

all those marketing things are useless, wake up it's cryto world things are going really fast

This post summarize the best what's going on.
MastiffCoin (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:22:13 PM

Guys, you are going a lot too far, you need to keep the focus on the coin recycler and after it's released you can think about other things
After reading the last pages, i can tell you vir6 is right, the guy knows his shit, maybe he is a bit rude but he undertand how it works...

You need to focus on something and never change it, how do you want any serious investor to join right now if they see you are about to launch a second POW period ? and how do you want people to hold when their investment are about to be worth even less ?

Hope you take my advice.

no no

you only need to prove you are serious, can deliver things fast and give ETA.

then investors will naturally come and big guys tweet about it that's how it works.

all those marketing things are useless, wake up it's cryto world things are going really fast

This post summarize the best what's going on.

CoinRecycler is not a one time release. It is an ongoing, large scale development project with lots of features and functionality. A large portion of CoinRecycler has already been completed and is fully operational, and is being actively used by MastCoin users.

Development on CoinRecycler will continue as planned, and as described in the roadmaps we have released. That has nothing to do with the other discussions we're having here.
MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:19:49 PM

Edit:  I have 2 years in C++ classes, learn fairly quickly, don't honestly have much outside that, just want to learn all I can

Edit2:  Also, whoever else needs help setting up something, I've got nothing but free time, I'd love to help someone set up a dice game or whatever else  Smiley

Definitely, we would welcome any help you can offer. Are you on IRC? It is usually easiest to coordinate effort via live chat there, than over bitcointalk. We're on Freenode at #mastcoin.
seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:34:39 PM

Definitely, we would welcome any help you can offer. Are you on IRC? It is usually easiest to coordinate effort via live chat there, than over bitcointalk. We're on Freenode at #mastcoin.

is there anyone that would relay messages from the dev on irc to this forum? so the dev  doesn't always have to field questions on here and feel like he has to do PR too.
TheICE007

Activity: 646

tozex.io

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:46:28 PM

People need to see the dev post, so that people don't get scared that the devs abandoned the coin.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:11:29 PM

People need to see the dev post, so that people don't get scared that the devs abandoned the coin.

Lol, without serious stuff this coin ain't never reach a serious price.
lotosminer

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:29:06 PM

Maybe you could get inspired by EnergyCoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589008.0
If I understand it well, they are selling mining shares, which will be used to mine other coins and then exchanged to EnergyCoins - i.e. stakeholders will be paid in EnergyCoin. I'm no expert, but it seems to me that the same could be done with MAST easily (assuming some people will invest into these mining shares).
With such a low volume as MAST have, this might move the price up pretty well.
What do you guys think?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SqDH9nmCWyP1yUM9J3ZhUiQ9kc8aotqPZL
QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QZBa56NpqpodoZBqhE314m7VxQi7fR4atQ
invall

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:05:47 PM

nice buy support added
seattletu

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:39:49 PM

nice buy support added

Dumpers get out if you want. Lots of coins wanting to be bought
AltxF4

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:56:13 PM

Holy Shit! Been gone 2 days!

Ok Let me start off...

2nd POW phase is a bad idea until Fully functioning GUI coin Recycelr is released.

Despite what a Lot of the negative people say We do need Promotion!!!! We have a few people tweeting, and I had a faucet made (not many drips have been taken from it), but other than that we have nothing! I have been looking into a possible gambling site, some gyftcard support, and maybe a marketplace. But with all of this I have very little experience and Very little time to accomplish myself.

We need somebody to be a official voice for the Mast Dev Team. People DO like to see updates from the Dev team from time to time even if it isn't some new fangled toy implemented, they just want to know they are still there.

And Last...Not that I am pushing the devs on this, but one recent thing I have been seeing in the other alt communities is MORE transparency. In the way of letting the supporters know who you are and such. The scamcoin epidemic has lead people to feel more secure in investing when they know who the dev team is made up of.

Some times the gimmicky shit is what is needed!

Lets work together and Save this coin! We have too Much going on to just let it turn to dust!
MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:12:09 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 09:58:05 PM by MastiffCoin

Ok Let me start off...

2nd POW phase is a bad idea until Fully functioning GUI coin Recycelr is released.

Despite what a Lot of the negative people say We do need Promotion!!!! We have a few people tweeting, and I had a faucet made (not many drips have been taken from it), but other than that we have nothing! I have been looking into a possible gambling site, some gyftcard support, and maybe a marketplace. But with all of this I have very little experience and Very little time to accomplish myself.

We need somebody to be a official voice for the Mast Dev Team. People DO like to see updates from the Dev team from time to time even if it isn't some new fangled toy implemented, they just want to know they are still there.

And Last...Not that I am pushing the devs on this, but one recent thing I have been seeing in the other alt communities is MORE transparency. In the way of letting the supporters know who you are and such. The scamcoin epidemic has lead people to feel more secure in investing when they know who the dev team is made up of.

Lets work together and Save this coin! We have too Much going on to just let it turn to dust!

Thanks for productively contributing to the discussion, and working towards a better future for MAST, AltxF4.

We agree with you that any possible 2nd PoW mining period shouldn't begin until development on the GUI wallet is finished, but what do you think of it as an idea?

The dev team isn't interested in becoming public figures at this time. Until we see MastCoin at substantially higher prices and could turn MastCoin into a full time profession, that will likely remain the case. Unfortunately, until then we are reliant on retaining our current professional careers, which could be impacted by involvement in a coin.

Having said that, if anyone else from the community would like to step forward and become an official public representative of MastCoin, I'm sure the community would welcome you with open arms.
invall

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:57:52 PM

Ok Let me start off...

I'm ready to help with twitter but it seems the main twitter @MastCoin is not really active, last tweet 6 days ago
DogeGotMeIntoCrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:40:24 PM

Ok Let me start off...

Thanks for productively contributing to the discussion, and working towards a better future for MAST, AltxF4.

We agree with you that any possible 2nd PoW mining period shouldn't begin until development on the GUI wallet is finished, but what do you think of it as an idea?

The dev team isn't interested in becoming public figures at this time. Until we see MastCoin at substantially higher prices and could turn MastCoin into a full time profession, that will likely remain the case. Unfortunately, until then we are reliant on retaining our current professional careers, which could be impacted by involvement in a coin.

Having said that, if anyone else from the community would like to step forward and become an official public representative of MastCoin, I'm sure the community would welcome you with open arms.

Having heard what Dev has to say about anonymity, I'm going to have to agree, I've read how hostile these last 7 pages have been towards Dev namely because of low price, people ARE investing thousands into this coin and some of those people might be inclined to take some kind of action against him, granted they don't have a legal leg to stand on, but threats become waaaay more serious of an issue and right now is really not a good time for him to tell anyone who he/she is especially with the hostility in the air.  However, if this coin does shoot for the starts, I would like to formally know who to thank, if you get my drift...

MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:33:39 PM

Ok Let me start off...

Having heard what Dev has to say about anonymity, I'm going to have to agree, I've read how hostile these last 7 pages have been towards Dev namely because of low price, people ARE investing thousands into this coin and some of those people might be inclined to take some kind of action against him, granted they don't have a legal leg to stand on, but threats become waaaay more serious of an issue and right now is really not a good time for him to tell anyone who he/she is especially with the hostility in the air.  However, if this coin does shoot for the starts, I would like to formally know who to thank, if you get my drift...

That's not the only issue. Most professional developers in the United States have non-competes, NDAs, intellectual property agreements, or other contractual obligations to their employers that prevent them from working on projects outside of work that are not fully disclosed and approved by the employer. The ones that don't, well, their bosses still don't typically love the idea of them working on something outside of the office and getting burned out by putting many hours into it Smiley
seattletu

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:55:06 PM

Plus a lot of companies have contracts that say anything you work on OUTSIDE of work is still owned by the company. Crazy shit but a lot of companies do that
AltxF4

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:15:37 AM

Ok Let me start off...

Again, I wasn't meaning any pressure about the non-anonymity of the Dev team. I was just pointing out a trend I was noticing. Definitely not a good time to drop the veil.

I don't know about a 2nd POW period...If other coins have been successful with it then it could be a possibility. I do think It could have a great potential to draw in new investors, but most will be mine and dumps...but if Coin recycler can can keep ahead of the dumps by the end of POW, That would be awesome once dumps are done.

I would be open to becoming the Mast Public figure, but do know I am not much of one with a silver tongue (well really silver fingers in this case). Only problem I can see with this other than my possible poor PR skills is that I work 50+hrs a week, so there may be times I can't be present so much on here or IRC.
MastiffCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:38:02 AM

Ok Let me start off...

Again, I wasn't meaning any pressure about the non-anonymity of the Dev team. I was just pointing out a trend I was noticing. Definitely not a good time to drop the veil.

I don't know about a 2nd POW period...If other coins have been successful with it then it could be a possibility. I do think It could have a great potential to draw in new investors, but most will be mine and dumps...but if Coin recycler can can keep ahead of the dumps by the end of POW, That would be awesome once dumps are done.

I would be open to becoming the Mast Public figure, but do know I am not much of one with a silver tongue (well really silver fingers in this case). Only problem I can see with this other than my possible poor PR skills is that I work 50+hrs a week, so there may be times I can't be present so much on here or IRC.

Just being interested is a great step in the right direction AltxF4! Smiley Building a team is the key, because one person will often be unavailable, just as you said. The unfortunate reality is that no one is going to turn MAST into a full time job overnight. It may happen one day, but it will take hard work and effort from all of us.

I've been in contact with DogeGotMeIntoCrypto on IRC today and he's going to start looking into possible projects that he can help with.

Is anyone else interested or capable in helping with ecosystem services development, marketing, community management/outreach, or anything else?
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: