Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:12:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAST] MastCoin | CoinRecycler | Bittrex  (Read 180240 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:42:51 PM

mastiff itself is a decent idea, it helps bridge the gap and include people from china. *BUT* doge kind of ruined it for dog coins. if doge was a huge success, mastiff could feed off of that. but its kind of a non coin at this point, and that reflects on mastiff. i'm not necessarily saying a whole rebrand is the right move, but i think at least talking about it is probably a good move. for now i say make no changes but discuss what might possibly be better.
seattletu

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:43:32 PM

and keep in mind any overhaul of the name and logo is just added work for the dev. he has enough going on that is more important, for now.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:09:27 AM

and keep in mind any overhaul of the name and logo is just added work for the dev. he has enough going on that is more important, for now.

+1. This is where the community can help, at least with the logo and promoting the brand

bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:48:51 AM

+1. This is where the community can help, at least with the logo and promoting the brand

i can have a logo created in 24hours its no problem, id just need a name
prefontaine1982

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:56:48 AM

Don't wanna burst your guys bubble, but the devs don't wanna change the name and log.  I know some of you and myself feel like maybe we need a change to attract some attention, but it's not gonna happen right now maybe in the future if this coin doesn't grab the price it deserves  Grin
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:12:29 AM

Don't wanna burst your guys bubble, but the devs don't wanna change the name and log.  I know some of you and myself feel like maybe we need a change to attract some attention, but it's not gonna happen right now maybe in the future if this coin doesn't grab the price it deserves  Grin
That would be unfortunate if the devs are not even open to consider a logo change or a rebrand.

I'll say it again, as just an investor..when I first stumbled on this coin and thread I thought it was just another doggy coin, and soon to be dead coin like husky and doge..that is until I read the specs, how active/committed the dev is and the genius innovation behind the coin. And  unfortunately the fact is most people judge a book by its cover, and the cover of this book isn't really appealing as a currency that would be adopted en mass. Emotional attachment to a current product usually is not conducive to growth in business and stunts growth. And if the devs are too attached to the current brand of the coin and how it looks, it's just not going to grow. Just look at the market, it doesn't lie. Adhering to mass appeal rather what certain few individuals find appealing is what makes a business grow. Just my 2 cents, thanks for listening.

seattletu

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:33:16 AM

Don't wanna burst your guys bubble, but the devs don't wanna change the name and log.  I know some of you and myself feel like maybe we need a change to attract some attention, but it's not gonna happen right now maybe in the future if this coin doesn't grab the price it deserves  Grin
That would be unfortunate if the devs are not even open to consider a logo change or a rebrand.

I'll say it again, as just an investor..when I first stumbled on this coin and thread I thought it was just another doggy coin, and soon to be dead coin like husky and doge..that is until I read the specs, how active/committed the dev is and the genius innovation behind the coin. And  unfortunately the fact is most people judge a book by its cover, and the cover of this book isn't really appealing as a currency that would be adopted en mass. Emotional attachment to a current product usually is not conducive to growth in business and stunts growth. And if the devs are too attached to the current brand of the coin and how it looks, it's just not going to grow. Just look at the market, it doesn't lie. Adhering to mass appeal rather what certain few individuals find appealing is what makes a business grow. Just my 2 cents, thanks for listening.

i think you are correct, but i think we should at least see how popular the coin gets from the recycler. if it isn't a total success then we could pursue the rebranding. what if we just add to the name? MassiveMastiff? meh i don't know  Grin
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:39:22 AM

i think you are correct, but i think we should at least see how popular the coin gets from the recycler. if it isn't a total success then we could pursue the rebranding. what if we just add to the name? MassiveMastiff? meh i don't know  Grin

Yes, I am sure once the recycler gets released, Mastiff will increase in value and be more popular, but if we know (based on what the market has told us thus far) that a rebrand and/or a logo change would add a lot more value, why not go for it?

seattletu

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:52:33 AM

i think you are correct, but i think we should at least see how popular the coin gets from the recycler. if it isn't a total success then we could pursue the rebranding. what if we just add to the name? MassiveMastiff? meh i don't know  Grin

Yes, I am sure once the recycler gets released, Mastiff will increase in value and be more popular, but if we know (based on what the market has told us thus far) that a rebrand and/or a logo change would add a lot more value, why not go for it?

yeah i guess lets just see how the crypto community reacts to the recycler and if it's not a huge success, i guess it's time to rebrand.
seattletu

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:55:05 AM

recycler coin might actually not be a bad name for it
MastiffCoin (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:05:54 AM

We've had a fair bit of discussion about rebranding previously, and we're certainly open to considering it.

Presumptions about lack of interest for mass adoption of a "dog coin" is probably fairly US/European-centric, as mastiffs are insanely popular and highly valued as status symbols in Asia. We're looking to heavily push into Asian markets, in case that wasn't clear.

There's no reason we couldn't see MastiffCoin become extremely popular in China as a real store of wealth and anonymous transaction mechanism. We're not just shooting for a coin that's only popular on bitcointalk and is a flavor-of-the-week on a few exchanges.

One interesting datapoint for "real world use" and the coin's potential brand popularity, since we're on the topic, is that we've had discussions recently with a winery about releasing a Mastiff-branded Cabernet Sauvignon wine for distribution in the US and China. (Those are the two largest markets for wine in the world, and red wine is extremely popular in China.)

Anyway, our team is always on IRC, if any of you want to discuss it live at some point - that may be a better medium than bitcointalk.
seattletu

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:40:06 AM

We've had a fair bit of discussion about rebranding previously, and we're certainly open to considering it.

Presumptions about lack of interest for mass adoption of a "dog coin" is probably fairly US/European-centric, as mastiffs are insanely popular and highly valued as status symbols in Asia. We're looking to heavily push into Asian markets, in case that wasn't clear.

There's no reason we couldn't see MastiffCoin become extremely popular in China as a real store of wealth and anonymous transaction mechanism. We're not just shooting for a coin that's only popular on bitcointalk and is a flavor-of-the-week on a few exchanges.

One interesting datapoint for "real world use" and the coin's potential brand popularity, since we're on the topic, is that we've had discussions recently with a winery about releasing a Mastiff-branded Cabernet Sauvignon wine for distribution in the US and China. (Those are the two largest markets for wine in the world, and red wine is extremely popular in China.)

Anyway, our team is always on IRC, if any of you want to discuss it live at some point - that may be a better medium than bitcointalk.

any word from bter on getting on their exchange? if it can catch on in the chinese markets, the price will rise in other markets as well
seattletu

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:43:44 AM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#MAST

help out the people that bought votes by making sure to use your 1 free vote per hour!
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:46:34 AM

Understandable. How about have a logo contest..worst comes to worse the devs don't like any of the submitted logos and keeps the current one.

MastiffCoin (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:47:05 AM

We're working on Bter and Btc38, definitely. I would say they could be more important than Mintpal at this point, actually.
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:47:39 AM

Understandable. How about have a logo contest..worst comes to worse the devs don't like any of the submitted logos and keeps the current one.

current logo is fine
seattletu

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:56:10 AM

We're working on Bter and Btc38, definitely. I would say they could be more important than Mintpal at this point, actually.

what's the best way for us to help get on bter? i submitted a request and they emailed me and said thanks. but i don't know if it helped influence them or not. do they have a voting system too?
appbox

Activity: 421

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:21:36 AM

what's the best way for us to help get on bter? i submitted a request and they emailed me and said thanks. but i don't know if it helped influence them or not. do they have a voting system too?

With large volume, they will add mastcoin. The others ways is hard.
Exchange need large volume and earn the exchange fees. Never care its shitcoin or not.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
zuyfg888

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:56:38 AM

With large volume, they will add mastcoin. The others ways is hard.
Exchange need large volume and earn the exchange fees. Never care its shitcoin or not.
I totally agree with you. Cool
Collegestudent

Activity: 518

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:05:35 AM

I was thinking a lot and a name change to GrowthCoin came up in my mind. After alll mastiffcoin is meant to be hedged as an asset that uses the coin recycler to increase its growth in the long run.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: