Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:08:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAST] MastCoin | CoinRecycler | Bittrex  (Read 180240 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tabali tigi

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 12:28:26 PM

I suggest if anyone does not "believe" that the Mastcoin developers are still around, make contact yourself and be cordial, as they are human beings and deserve at least common courtesy.  I wouldn't respond to vitriolic messaging either.  I found it rather easy to make contact with the developers actually, for as mystical as some people have made them out to be.  VERY nice people all around Smiley 

Makes me wonder if the people being negative are referring to the same people I have encountered. 

Chris

Limpuls

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:11:33 PM

This is what is happening when I'm trying to synchronisize wallet. What is wrong? I had downloaded the latest version of wallet but that didn't helped. Also I had 570coins, now is 0. I have had been away from my pc for a while, does it change anything? Maybe I have missed something?

greenmo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 08:14:51 PM

This is what is happening when I'm trying to synchronisize wallet. What is wrong? I had downloaded the latest version of wallet but that didn't helped. Also I had 570coins, now is 0. I have had been away from my pc for a while, does it change anything? Maybe I have missed something?

Check you're in the right timezone in Windows' Control Panel.
Limpuls

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:50:05 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 09:04:43 PM by Limpuls

Still nothing. Also tried to put backup file into appdata mastiffcoin directory, but still 0coins and the same error. Maybe is it chances to skip that synchronisizing process and download blochain file from somewhere?
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:30:10 PM

Still nothing. Also tried to put backup file into appdata mastiffcoin directory, but still 0coins and the same error. Maybe is it chances to skip that synchronisizing process and download blochain file from somewhere?

wait...if you put it in the "mastiffcoin" directory, it's in the old folder right?  should be updated to "mastcoin"

AltxF4

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:12:10 AM

wait...if you put it in the "mastiffcoin" directory, it's in the old folder right?  should be updated to "mastcoin"
Mast uses the old mastiffcoin roaming app data folder so there would not be any required update after the re-brand
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 05:37:54 PM

Mast uses the old mastiffcoin roaming app data folder so there would not be any required update after the re-brand

Had a great chat with the dev today! 

Strategizing about monetizing the recycler...more to come Smiley

seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:18:24 PM

I have the advantage of knowing tabali is legit. The rest of you don't know if he's bullshitting but I know he isn't.  Cool

Glad to hear you and the dev are making progress
Nebulaz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:24:15 PM

I've spoken with both Tabali as well as Bitforesters (one of the developers) as of a few days ago and there is indeed progress being made.
The old developers are back in active development, but Tabali has taken over the PR role.
AltxF4

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:49:09 PM

I've spoken with both Tabali as well as Bitforesters (one of the developers) as of a few days ago and there is indeed progress being made.
The old developers are back in active development, but Tabali has taken over the PR role.

Sweet! So Tabali, what can we do now? You have a few of us here and I bet quite a few lurkers. So Lets get the community rolling again!
I have a faucet I payed for and I think the 1mo hosting is about to expire, I don't have any btc to pay for the .08btc hosting right now. Maybe we can get some donations to keep it up, and then start promoting again with links to the faucet. looks like there is still 1400mast in it http://mastcoin.altcoinfaucet.net/ http://mastcoin.altcoinfaucet.net/stats/
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:37:49 PM

Sweet! So Tabali, what can we do now? You have a few of us here and I bet quite a few lurkers. So Lets get the community rolling again!
I have a faucet I payed for and I think the 1mo hosting is about to expire, I don't have any btc to pay for the .08btc hosting right now. Maybe we can get some donations to keep it up, and then start promoting again with links to the faucet. looks like there is still 1400mast in it http://mastcoin.altcoinfaucet.net/ http://mastcoin.altcoinfaucet.net/stats/

I think we need to come up with an acronym for MAST that everyone agrees on.  

I thought Mixed Anonymous Secure Transactions

In essence, the acronym could serve as an easy way to explain why MAST is set apart from other coins, and in addition, give meaning to the name as someone had pointed out earlier.  I don't want to be the final say on this, so please everyone voice your opinions!  

I believe if we give "MAST" some meaning, moving forward as a community will be much easier.

Chris

Nebulaz

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:32:17 PM

I think we need to come up with an acronym for MAST that everyone agrees on.  

I thought Mixed Anonymous Secure Transactions

In essence, the acronym could serve as an easy way to explain why MAST is set apart from other coins, and in addition, give meaning to the name as someone had pointed out earlier.  I don't want to be the final say on this, so please everyone voice your opinions!  

I believe if we give "MAST" some meaning, moving forward as a community will be much easier.

Chris

I think that works quite well.

On the other hand, the benefits of remaining somewhat vague is that we aren't limited by the types of features we can integrate in the future without being concerned about affecting the existing branding. We have to ensure that the name can accommodate for additional features that fall outside the bounds of that acronym. If we intend to remain as a coin that specifically focuses on anonymous and secure transactions, then I believe that would work rather well. However, it may be better to find some sort of compromise, but I'm not sure that can be found.

I do believe we should have some sort of acronym, however. It only hurts us from a marketing point of view if the name and branding is completely divorced from the coin's feature set.
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 01:41:29 PM

Figured this would be as good a place as any to post some previews of what is to come:

Prepared by:
Chris Bates - B.A. Psychology, M.S. Telecommunications
Problem Statement
In the current state of social media interaction and media distribution, there is a growing need to promote quality community interactions and in addition a need to incentivize media viewers to be active participants in information distribution, rather than stay as passive consumers.  This is a problem on its own.

10-30% of Twitter accounts estimated to be fake or bots
42% inactive
1,000 Twitter followers can be “purchased” for $11
Estimated 1,000,000 total Bitcoin users as of Feb. 2014
On Facebook, it is estimated that only 1-5% of users who “Like” a page will see posts from that page without paying for extra exposure

With cryptocurrency emerging as a new technology that could potentially change the landscape of the global economy, crypto-education initiatives are being met with limited success.  Few mainstream media outlets have access to correct information that does not create a conflict of interest with any of their affiliates. 

Even further, cryptocurrency news is often presented in dry and boring platforms.  The attention of the audience is not able to be held, and this reinforces the idea that cryptocurrency is not interesting to the public at large.

Suggested Solution

One of the logical solutions to bridging the gap between the need for people to learn about cryptocurrencies for larger adoption to be possible and the lack of incentive or motivation for them to learn is to pay people for participation in learning.  By creating an algorithm that calculates participation based on activity and user voted quality, quality participation is rewarded, and the system is unbiased about which specific currency community the user is participating in. 

Proof of Action: (POA) is an algorithm being designed for the Coin Proz forum.  POA pays users for article submission, moderating forums, participating on forums.  POA adjusts to pay out higher rates for higher quality content based on user ratings.  Algorithm has internal limits to logarithmically reduce payout if user continues to go past upper limit to discourage system abuse.  It uses individualized difficulty adjustment based on upper and lower limits.  Payouts once per week to user/wallet address.  POA will be implemented into CoinProz Forum Wallet after completion.

It is anticipated that implementing POA into the forum will not only work to create a positive environment conducive to learning, but will help spread the usage of cryptocurrency by actively and transparently paying users to promote cryptocurrency awareness.

Base Equation Examples

Simple Forum Poster:

X = Posts
Y = Upvotes
Z = POA Score
X(.25) * Y(/\2) = Z

Conditional adjustments
If X/Y < 10, then Z * 5
If Y/X > 100, then Z *.5

Article Contributor

X = Articles submitted
Y = Unique Page Views Per Article
Z = POA Score
X(.25) * Y(/\2) = Z

Conditional adjustments
If X/Y < 5, then Z * .1
If Y/X > 100, then Z * 5

Conclusions

As POA becomes more refined as an algorithm, the infrastructure built around it will create an ecosystem in which participants will have incentives to not only contribute quality activity and ideas, but also gives them an outlet to use their rewards through the Cryptoshoppers store, or through any Coin Proz affiliate that accepts Proz Coin.  In addition, the Coin Proz team will be developing the POA system further to allow Proz Coin to be exchanged for other digital currencies with ease.  The Coin Proz team wants to facilitate the distribution of educational information, but also does not want to dictate the content to the community as yet another oligarchic information filter. 

In establishing an autonomous system that works on community feedback to determine quality, the individual communities are given equal ground to establish themselves on the Coin Proz forum, and by proxy they are encouraged to be active for their own coin community because they will get paid in Proz Coin for said activity.  By creating mutual benefit for the Coin Proz organization and any digital currency that makes its home on Coin Proz, resources are used for a cooperative goal, rather than diversified among competing communities. 

In essence, creating an unbiased hub for every coin to exist allows them to co-exist without detracting from the common desire for mainstream acceptance of digital currency.  This does not force users to support a specific currency, but it creates a way for quality activity for any currency to reward a user.  POA is designed to create a cooperative approach which allows for individualized communities to coexist, and not have to necessarily compete. 

Enthef420

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:51:39 PM

To me it seems like you guys are grasping for straws here. Maybe you will pick the big one.... If the community went with the original idea of getting enough votes to get MAST on mintpal....

tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 11:01:53 PM

To me it seems like you guys are grasping for straws here. Maybe you will pick the big one.... If the community went with the original idea of getting enough votes to get MAST on mintpal....

mintpal is dead mate

also, we have barely even gotten started...how long do you guys think this stuff takes man?

to be quite honest, i have a hard time believing you are an "investor" if you hate Mastcoin so much.

Chris

VegasMiner

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:56:05 PM

Any idea why I haven't staked any coins since 08/01/2014?
Enthef420

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:03:55 AM

Did you happen to upgrade your wallet?  I have been staking fine with ver. 1.0.1.0

dogewoge

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:04:28 AM

v 1.1.0.0 is staking fine for me

btw, bittrex has this on the MAST board

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Aug 15th unless the average trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC
tabali tigi

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:13:08 AM

did you close/reopen your wallet and not unlock it? 

VegasMiner

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:57:15 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 07:16:26 AM by VegasMiner

I've tried everything. Anyone notice the website Mastcoin.co? Looks like it has been hacked or something. I am officially out. This coin had a good run but I don't see it going anywhere. Devs failed me multiple times. For all who cared I offered to buy the Coin Recycler and actually all the code for Mast. No reply. I have some good ideas on the horizon and am working on structuring a programming team to accomplish everything. Message me if anyone is interested. Devs, if you change your mind and want to sell me the code this is your last chance....
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: