Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:18:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRYPT] CryptCoin x11 + PoS | P2P Anonymity | 0% Premine | Commander  (Read 512541 times)
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:02:09 PM

since I spend over an hour reading, I would like first to say that I'm a plain man, not super smart, I do not transform during full moon, I just do what I was hired to do: implement my idea.
Now, regarding some of the technical concerns expressed are valid, but I would love to see the real person behind them.
Since I did not hide using a different nick, why would you?

Regarding anonymity, I would like someone to define the term to me.
Is it to make the addresses in a transaction invisible or prove that all addresses come from the same wallet/coin holder?
As I said many times, personally I do not trust my coins being in another wallet/master node/call it how you like, to forward my coins. Besides, even if you use a mixer, aren't the coins going to the same address?
Isn't the "taint analysis" going to reveal the coins that an address had, even for a single instance?
You mix the source and you reveal the destination. Or perhaps I didn't read it well.

Also, regarding the ability to learn the IP from a wallet that is not connectable can't be completely accurate. Just remember that transaction messages are re-broadcasted by wallets. Connectable or not.

So, as I mentioned in one of my posts, there are many different ideas and implementation and I respect everyone for the hard work and effort they put in order to make it (or made it) happen.
Also, all ideas in early stage have plenty of room for expansion.
I strongly believe that if those who go through the effort to go through technical analysis (which means that they are skilled either in coding or in googling - I would like to believe the first) can offer more than just "stay away from this coin - the dev is a scammer".

I don't think you're a scammer, but I also don't see a workable plan for anonymity here.  What do you have in mind for it?

The CRYPT original whitepaper provide no advantage, so I assume you're working on a new plan.  What is it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tristartek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:02:24 PM

Good update, glad to see someone is actually being productive and not like all these whack job fudders trying to scare ppl from buying so they will go buy another shitcoin.  You are in safe and capable hands with this coin and you should not hesitate to buy.  You will be rewarded handsomely very soon if you buy it.  

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
TheVoodooDevil

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:03:54 PM

since I spend over an hour reading, I would like first to say that I'm a plain man, not super smart, I do not transform during full moon, I just do what I was hired to do: implement my idea.
Now, regarding some of the technical concerns expressed are valid, but I would love to see the real person behind them.
Since I did not hide using a different nick, why would you?

Is it to make the addresses in a transaction invisible or prove that all addresses come from the same wallet/coin holder?
As I said many times, personally I do not trust my coins being in another wallet/master node/call it how you like, to forward my coins. Besides, even if you use a mixer, aren't the coins going to the same address?
Isn't the "taint analysis" going to reveal the coins that an address had, even for a single instance?
You mix the source and you reveal the destination. Or perhaps I didn't read it well.

Also, regarding the ability to learn the IP from a wallet that is not connectable can't be completely accurate. Just remember that transaction messages are re-broadcasted by wallets. Connectable or not.

So, as I mentioned in one of my posts, there are many different ideas and implementation and I respect everyone for the hard work and effort they put in order to make it (or made it) happen.
Also, all ideas in early stage have plenty of room for expansion.
I strongly believe that if those who go through the effort to go through technical analysis (which means that they are skilled either in coding or in googling - I would like to believe the first) can offer more than just "stay away from this coin - the dev is a scammer".

Thanks for the update!!
https://i.imgur.com/Dz1mQ5o.jpg
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:05:31 PM

I don't think you're a scammer, but I also don't see a workable plan for anonymity here.  What do you have in mind for it?

The CRYPT original whitepaper provide no advantage, so I assume you're working on a new plan.  What is it?
I left the part where I ask how each individual defines anonymity. What is your definition of it?
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:07:26 PM

In Mindfox we trust!  Cool

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:24:21 PM

I left the part where I ask how each individual defines anonymity. What is your definition of it?

Cryptonote coins seem to have a functional implementation of anonymity, so why not use that as the baseline? I agree the coin mixer idea is kind of antithetical to crypto in general, as you are relying on some kind of centralized node to "mix" the coins for anonymity, and there seems to be some dispute over whether this is truly anonymous or can be tracked using taint analysis. But, these concerns are not manifested in cryptonote coins, and transactions can be sent over the network with varying degrees of anonymity (the mixin count).
mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:29:59 PM

Cryptonote coins seem to have a functional implementation of anonymity, so why not use that as the baseline? I agree the coin mixer idea is kind of antithetical to crypto in general, as you are relying on some kind of centralized node to "mix" the coins for anonymity, and there seems to be some dispute over whether this is truly anonymous or can be tracked using taint analysis. But, these concerns are not manifested in cryptonote coins, and transactions can be sent over the network with varying degrees of anonymity (the mixin count).
I agree with you on every word you say.
It seems to have a working anonymity but I do not know exactly how it works and I don't claim I'm in a position (or even have the skills) to audit it without first studying a lot. Also, I do believe that it's still very new and we might see flaws.
If I'm not ready to study it, how would I be able to fix flaws?
I do not like to experiment with thinks I do not fully understand. Is it better if I did otherwise and take risks I couldn't be able to handle?
Bitcycle

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:32:48 PM

Very simple.  Transactions should not be traceable to their originator.  This is what people want.

What's your plan to achieve this?
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:33:40 PM

Cryptonote is a different algorithm and can't be used with bitcoin source code. You have to build it from scratch, it can't be implemented in Bitcoin protocol.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:36:24 PM

It seems to have a working anonymity but I do not know exactly how it works and I don't claim I'm in a position (or even have the skills) to audit it without first studying a lot. Also, I do believe that it's still very new and we might see flaws.
I do not like to experiment with thinks I do not fully understand. Is it better if I did otherwise and take risks I couldn't be able to handle?

It was just a suggestion, dude. I don't even hold any CRYPT. I don't care if you ever try anything or just dump all your coins (which is kinda what I'm assuming and also why I don't hold any anymore...).
mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:36:55 PM

Very simple.  Transactions should not be traceable to their originator.  This is what people want.

Wasn't the originator, the destination of the previous transaction? Isn't that how blockchain analysis takes place?
bitc0000

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:38:40 PM

I have 660 CRYPT coins.  Does that qualify me as being a "whale" or "big holder"?

If not, I will accept CRYPT coin donations to get me closer to that status.   Grin

That depends, if the coin gets huge market you're certainly a whale in the making. If not and the coin fails then you're a sucker in the making, lulz.

mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:39:18 PM

It was just a suggestion, dude. I don't even hold any CRYPT. I don't care if you ever try anything or just dump all your coins (which is kinda what I'm assuming and also why I don't hold any anymore...).
Funny that you assume that I have crypt coins (I do not) and even funnier how you don't return  me the courtesy of an on-topic reply, as I did to your question.
funny...
knightlife999

Activity: 845

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:40:05 PM

In Mindfox we trust!  Cool

+1000

Thanks for the update Mindfox! Much appreciated. Keep up the good work. I know you'll come through. The majority of us are behind you.   Cool

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
Bitcycle

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:41:25 PM

Wasn't the originator, the destination of the previous transaction? Isn't that how blockchain analysis takes place?

OK, now you're just dodging.

What's your plan to achieve anonymity?

Do you have one?  At all?

Or are you going to play games with "What does anonymity even mean?"

Rapidly losing confidence here.

What's the plan?  Simple question. What's the answer?

mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:43:58 PM

Is it dodging that I do not let you lead me to a conversation just the way you want it?
I'm not playing games, I asked a legit question. Simple question also.
Bitcycle

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:47:00 PM

Is it dodging that I do not let you lead me to a conversation just the way you want it?
I'm not playing games, I asked a legit question. Simple question also.

You're the dev. This is your coin now. What's the plan for it?

Do you just not have one?

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:47:34 PM

Funny that you assume that I have crypt coins (I do not) and even funnier how you don't return  me the courtesy of an on-topic reply, as I did to your question.
funny...

fucking hilarious. good thing you're supposed to be dev and not customer relations.
smille

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:50:43 PM

How many times are you people going to keep asking the same question without realizing that he will not reveal his method, no matter how much you pry?  Why put out something to be dissected before completion?  Would you look over a painter's shoulder and tell him his painting looks like crap before you've seen the final product?
Bitcycle

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:51:52 PM

I'm out.

This coin has no plan. The dev wants to play games with "WhAT DoEs ANonYmITy MeaN?Huh??"

Good luck, holders.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: