Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:16:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAC] TalkCoin  (Read 266692 times)
binkshurts

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:22:59 PM

Ok TAC.supernova.cc down?

But on a serious level we need this on apple and android devices. mobile platforms.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
binkshurts

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:03:44 PM

The Dev team needs to also see what the market desire. The community to build this coin is the altcoin community quite frank. At least for it to start... There needs to be marketing to explain and 'show the way' and a good reason to use TAC. I think its naaive to say that it'll just stick.
CryptoGermany

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:14:44 PM

To be honest this community shocks me. All the noobs panic around like little girls because the price isn't moving atm? This coin is probably the one of the safest bets atm. Sit back, breath and clam down. This coin will be doing great!
On the other hand, keep freaking out and cover my buy orders.
waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:32:55 PM

To be honest this community shocks me. All the noobs panic around like little girls because the price isn't moving atm? This coin is probably the one of the safest bets atm. Sit back, breath and clam down. This coin will be doing great!
On the other hand, keep freaking out and cover my buy orders.

well said

now time to buy more and more and peoples how have sold it wil cry now Smiley

Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:33:48 PM

TAC Chat is still 1 TAC?

You guys finally understand that block reward is not related with price in short term, ok ?

You're not too bright huh? Why would you want millions of TAC coins created a week with a high reward? You actually think people will keep holding the millions of coins created weekly or would they dump some lowering the price?

or would you rather have low rewards with a few TAC's being created to atleast stop some selling?

For disclaimer, I bet 1k TAC that I hold more TAC than you, ok?
Personally I of course prefer higher TAC price but we are not at this stage now. For distribution phase we need cheap TAC for a lot of people to mine and trade TAC than everyone holding TAC right now.

Ok I give up explaining my logic. Maybe it sounds wrong for you. But the price of TAC always reflects my prediction.

I know this is you... I can feel it... ThMP1xcfDGcp4upL4CGXZL7uS2MPcdoLHg

So it is you then, my friend? Wink
http://talk.cryptocoinunion.com/address.asp?address=TijQRLxXQWMXrdoRNo8bCaBE5XfcNmnWoo

Btw it is not my address  Grin and our explorer at cryptocoinunion stops working so I don't know who is the biggest whale now.
It's pretty easy to manipulate TAC price now. e.g. you put a big buy order at around 5k sat and wait for some impatient miners / holders to dump to your wall. Then set a few small sell orders at 6k range and some buyers will buy it. Instantly 20% profit and it's been happened for weeks already. If everyone holds and whales play with the market, the price can't rise, whatever the block reward is.

I wish the dev were more active so we can discuss which plan is the best for the future of TAC.

Yeah it's me... You said once "I might sell my DarkCoins and be the biggest TAC holder"... A day or so later that wallet appeared... So I thought you were throwing down the gauntlet...

I'm never one to shy away from a challenge, I consolidated my TAC wallets and pulled my coins off the exchanges  Grin

I put 100-150k worth of TAC on both Polo and Bittrex, at regular intervals, all the way up to 125k sat, to stop whales from pumping the coin too cheaply... But the pumps never came and I thought you were challenging me to a wallet duel :-)

Between the two of us I'm sure we've got enough TAC and BTC to combat any market manipulation that will be damaging for the coin.  PM me if you wanna play with the whales...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:43:44 PM

TAC Chat is still 1 TAC?

You guys finally understand that block reward is not related with price in short term, ok ?

You're not too bright huh? Why would you want millions of TAC coins created a week with a high reward? You actually think people will keep holding the millions of coins created weekly or would they dump some lowering the price?

or would you rather have low rewards with a few TAC's being created to atleast stop some selling?

Personally I of course prefer higher TAC price but we are not at this stage now. For distribution phase we need cheap TAC for a lot of people to mine and trade TAC than everyone holding TAC right now.

Ok I give up explaining my logic. Maybe it sounds wrong for you. But the price of TAC always reflects my prediction.

http://talk.cryptocoinunion.com/address.asp?address=TijQRLxXQWMXrdoRNo8bCaBE5XfcNmnWoo

Btw it is not my address  Grin and our explorer at cryptocoinunion stops working so I don't know who is the biggest whale now.
It's pretty easy to manipulate TAC price now. e.g. you put a big buy order at around 5k sat and wait for some impatient miners / holders to dump to your wall. Then set a few small sell orders at 6k range and some buyers will buy it. Instantly 20% profit and it's been happened for weeks already. If everyone holds and whales play with the market, the price can't rise, whatever the block reward is.

I wish the dev were more active so we can discuss which plan is the best for the future of TAC.

Yeah it's me... You said once "I might sell my DarkCoins and be the biggest TAC holder"... A day or so later that wallet appeared... So I thought you were throwing down the gauntlet...

I'm never one to shy away from a challenge, I consolidated my TAC wallets and pulled my coins off the exchanges  Grin

I put 100-150k worth of TAC on both Polo and Bittrex, at regular intervals, all the way up to 125k sat, to stop whales from pumping the coin too cheaply... But the pumps never came and I thought you were challenging me to a wallet duel :-)

Between the two of us I'm sure we've got enough TAC and BTC to combat any market manipulation that will be damaging for the coin.  PM me if you wanna play with the whales...

The problem is playing that game is doing nothing but discouraging miners. You guys already have yours, so your fine seeing less than .015 BTC/100mhs....sure its great thinking "long term" but people at least need to make enough and a little more just to cover costs of running...right now that is not even close. It cost me 300 a month extra to run the GPUs, at the current prices I would be mining at a loss, which I am able to eat for short term. Most can not wait months on end for something that "might" happen.

I understand all the wanting of lower block rewards too... on the other hand, the price has done nothing to reflect the lower rewards.

Yes, I am going across the current here, but if you step back and take a look back in, you could see how and why a new miner would pass this coin up. Right now its only the bag holders that are sitting pretty... we need more than just a lower block reward with "promises" of great things later or this coin will die a very slow death.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
DES_MX

Activity: 216
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:57:34 PM

Sending 360Mhash to mine this coin, seems it has some long-term appeal and future.
I wonder though why no other NIST5 coins are coming out... First X15 came out and already there are several clones with X17 on the way... With NIST5 it seems others didn't pick it up yet
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:53:28 AM

The problem is playing that game is doing nothing but discouraging miners. You guys already have yours, so your fine seeing less than .015 BTC/100mhs....sure its great thinking "long term" but people at least need to make enough and a little more just to cover costs of running...right now that is not even close. It cost me 300 a month extra to run the GPUs, at the current prices I would be mining at a loss, which I am able to eat for short term. Most can not wait months on end for something that "might" happen.

I understand all the wanting of lower block rewards too... on the other hand, the price has done nothing to reflect the lower rewards.

Yes, I am going across the current here, but if you step back and take a look back in, you could see how and why a new miner would pass this coin up. Right now its only the bag holders that are sitting pretty... we need more than just a lower block reward with "promises" of great things later or this coin will die a very slow death.

I understand holding onto a coin for 6-12 months is not a luxury everyone can afford.  I hoped by taking a good chunk of the coins out of circulation would help keep the price healthy as well as putting resistance up on the sell side may discourage the whales from pumping and dumping.

I'm open to any further suggestions...

I've only had 6-9 months of experience as a miner, most coins that have been profitable to instamine haven't shown any solid long term growth prospects...

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:41:45 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 01:52:03 AM by djm34

TAC Chat is still 1 TAC?

Btw it is not my address  Grin and our explorer at cryptocoinunion stops working so I don't know who is the biggest whale now.

I'm never one to shy away from a challenge, I consolidated my TAC wallets and pulled my coins off the exchanges  Grin

Between the two of us I'm sure we've got enough TAC and BTC to combat any market manipulation that will be damaging for the coin.  PM me if you wanna play with the whales...

I agree 100%, lowering the reward doesn't make the coin more valuable, it just make the coin unprofitable, and it is bit taking traders for more stupid than they are. They know the vote can be changed, why would they  buy higher just because some people change the vote (knowing that there is even in the bag holders lots of weak hand... and impatient holders, lowering the reward is even a sign of impatience, it means "I want to sell now (but I will try some funny manipulation of the market before  Grin... except everybody saw you  Grin)".

The coin needs to be widely used and have a higher demand before the voting can have an action on market price.
Trying to go too fast, will just hurt yourself (if it is unprofitable for me, it is certainly unprofitable for you... or worst you are just sitting on your big pile of tac mining other coins (basically you are not helping securing the network, and worst you are making a vote which discourage other from doing so... ) so technically low reward vote at the moment, is a vote against the coin itself.

It is pitty that some don't understand that.
I mean you can make up at home your own pile of money with your printer, but unless others use it, it has no value. so if you don't want to distribute it and just sell it as real money... it won't work for obvious reason  Grin and it won't acquire magically any value  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
hammerbrain

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:01:18 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 04:48:49 AM by hammerbrain

TAC Chat is still 1 TAC?

I'm never one to shy away from a challenge, I consolidated my TAC wallets and pulled my coins off the exchanges  Grin

Between the two of us I'm sure we've got enough TAC and BTC to combat any market manipulation that will be damaging for the coin.  PM me if you wanna play with the whales...

Umm....yea. I thought this was obvious but apparently not. Thanks for taking the time to explain things in a way everyone can understand....i guess dumbing down can be a good thing  Tongue

I've only had 6-9 months of experience as a miner, most coins that have been profitable to instamine haven't shown any solid long term growth prospects...

This is absolutely true...I just think this coin might be one of the few that bucks that sickening trend.   

Stronci

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:29:50 AM

TAC Chat is still 1 TAC?

I agree 100%, lowering the reward doesn't make the coin more valuable, it just make the coin unprofitable, and it is bit taking traders for more stupid than they are. They know the vote can be changed, why would they  buy higher just because some people change the vote (knowing that there is even in the bag holders lots of weak hand... and impatient holders, lowering the reward is even a sign of impatience, it means "I want to sell now (but I will try some funny manipulation of the market before  Grin... except everybody saw you  Grin)".

The coin needs to be widely used and have a higher demand before the voting can have an action on market price.
Trying to go too fast, will just hurt yourself (if it is unprofitable for me, it is certainly unprofitable for you... or worst you are just sitting on your big pile of tac mining other coins (basically you are not helping securing the network, and worst you are making a vote which discourage other from doing so... ) so technically low reward vote at the moment, is a vote against the coin itself.

I mean you can make up at home your own pile of money with your printer, but unless others use it, it has no value. so if you don't want to distribute it and just sell it as real money... it won't work for obvious reason  Grin and it won't acquire magically any value  Grin

In these comments I see reason gleams. While people don't see real danger they prefer to live in the fictional world of illusions. Coin don't buy is the fact! If it don't buy now why will buy then?
Stronci

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:34:51 AM

This is absolutely true...I just think this coin might be one of the few that bucks that sickening trend.  

[/quote]

You are so optimistical. Maybe you buy?
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:24:36 AM

Many thanks to djm34 and BrewCrewFan for explaining my thoughts in a better way so many could understand. This is exactly what I'm trying for weeks to explain why we need higher block rewards now. I vote 50 TAC for the block reward everytime I could but apparently a lot of screaming kids on the public chat room have voted for 1 TAC, so it's futile if only me understand this logic.

Everytime the block reward goes down, the hashrate drops and the price drops too. For me I have got enough TACs so I don't care about getting more TAC now. Right now I'm still mining TAC with a loss to keep the network healthy and to support TAC, but no way the new miners or season miners would the same like me. If everyone remembers atleticofa he's the loudest supporter of TAC from the beginning and now we don't see him anywhere. Somehow he's got frustrated like me and go to other coins.

If you really care for TAC, search for all my posts in this thread and vote 50 TAC for the next block reward.

Regards,

Aizen
nexus2k14

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:44:06 AM

So we're down to 12 tacs per block. a good reduction but was expecting single digits.

any thoughts?

Slower reduction might not be a bad thing. Can test market to see if it's a acceptable reward. If not the next reward will get further reduce. Now i love voting  Cool

Diff hasn't changed....price hasn't changed....oh wait....now you get half as many TAC.....genius!!!  

People can't dump if no one is buying...yesterday's volume on polo was around 1 BTC...who's dumping into that?

+1

Stronci

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:45:46 AM

You obviously don't have the exacting chief.
The chat needs to be made free. Why it is necessary to pay for each three words? It is nonsense? Or it is the test? Too big latency between input of the text and its emergence in a chat. To cancel vote! Coin community the too small - manipulations are possible. I see in it frank weakness. The coin has to develop. Development means expansion. If you don't extend - you collapse and you disappear. Such is the fundamental law of life.
nairotearP

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:55:57 AM

Many thanks to djm34 and BrewCrewFan for explaining my thoughts in a better way so many could understand. This is exactly what I'm trying for weeks to explain why we need higher block rewards now. I vote 50 TAC for the block reward everytime I could but apparently a lot of screaming kids on the public chat room have voted for 1 TAC, so it's futile if only me understand this logic.

Everytime the block reward goes down, the hashrate drops and the price drops too. For me I have got enough TACs so I don't care about getting more TAC now. Right now I'm still mining TAC with a loss to keep the network healthy and to support TAC, but no way the new miners or season miners would the same like me. If everyone remembers atleticofa he's the loudest supporter of TAC from the beginning and now we don't see him anywhere. Somehow he's got frustrated like me and go to other coins.

If you really care for TAC, search for all my posts in this thread and vote 50 TAC for the next block reward.

Regards,

Aizen

What I think we need is someone with experience in making a strategy and a timeline for development. A dev is a dev. You need at least a PM and a Bussiness Analyst to handle the non dev part. They have a different mindset and could have forecasted that lowering the block reward is a move in the wrong direction. With a specialized team this coin can become featurefull and well marketed. A success.
Stronci

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:06:05 AM

You wait that the coin will be to fly up as darkcoin in heavens? Let's sit and we will wait? Coins becomes more. That you noticed it is necessary to make more efforts. Today everyone can be a hero exactly one minute. If you want bigger that to you it is necessary to develop. Promptly to develop!
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:20:11 AM

What I think we need is someone with experience in making a strategy and a timeline for development. A dev is a dev. You need at least a PM and a Bussiness Analyst to handle the non dev part. They have a different mindset and could have forecasted that lowering the block reward is a move in the wrong direction. With a specialized team this coin can become featurefull and well marketed. A success.

Yes I have thought this since the beginning as well, however my thoughts concluded that the devs want to keep future plans close to their chest for as long as possible for fear of being copied...

When the team is ready, perhaps a marketing strategy?

Stronci

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:22:22 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 10:55:36 AM by Stronci

According to the theory of numbers the human attention at the same time extends on some objects (no more than 7-8). When we see that coins appear every day and their quantity exceeds all imaginable limits, people choke in this information. The attention becomes too dispersed. Constantly changing situation doesn't allow to concentrate, prevents to think logically. You will tell that this one-day shit. Right! But this shit exists also it every day before your eyes. It is competently untwisted and tasty prepared. It teases and forces to look at itself. And very important circumstance - shit is popularized by army of PR managers. The majority of people are silly and demand that they were told the fairy tale. Clever people are capable to understand, but they have no time for it. Among shit tons they don't notice you. You it wave a hand, but they see only shit. Why? Because it beautiful and loudly shouts. Popularity. What is the popularity? What means popularity? What stands behind popularity? Popularity is an object which concentrates on itself attention of bigger number of respondents (recognition). Popularity means the promise which meets your expectations. Behind popularity can stand anything. Popularity has to be proved on something and by something is caused. If popularity forms promises which don't meet expectations, it is a bubble (dummy). What conclusions I want to draw. Today even the best product needs popularity. People are ready to follow you, but they don't see you and don't understand you. Tell them about itself. Tell them tasty and beautifully that the saliva began to flow. Make the fairy tale. Give to people that that they want. Also don't forget about the most important. About the promise.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:38:38 AM

According to the theory of numbers the human attention at the same time extends on some objects (no more than 7-8). When we see that coins appear every day and their quantity exceeds all imaginable limits, people choke in this information. The attention becomes too dispersed. Constantly changing situation doesn't allow to concentrate, prevents to think logically. You will tell that this one-day shit. Right! But this shit exists also it every day before your eyes. It is competently untwisted and tasty prepared. It teases and forces to look at itself. And very important circumstance - shit is popularized by army of PR managers. The majority of people are silly and demand that they were told the fairy tale. Clever people are capable to understand, but they have no time for it. Among shit tons they don't notice you. You it wave a hand, but they see only shit. Why? Because it beautiful and loudly shouts. Popularity. What is the popularity? What means popularity? What stands behind popularity? Popularity is an object which concentrates on itself attention of bigger number of respondents (recognition). Popularity means the promise which meets your expectations. Behind popularity can stand anything. Popularity has to be proved on something and by something is caused. If popularity forms promises which don't meet expectations, it is a bubble (dummy). What conclusions I want to draw. Today even the best product needs popularity. People are ready to follow you, but they don't see you and don't understand you. Tell them about itself. Tell them tasty and beautifully that the saliva began to flow. Make the fairy tale. Give to people that that they want.

Very thought provoking  Grin

So what do you need to do to keep people's attention once they have shown initial interest?  I'm guessing trust...

I like the way the developer wasn't rushed to get onto an exchange, this is a very good attitude to have, for me, it immediately built a base level of trust...

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: