Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:58:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAC] TalkCoin  (Read 266692 times)
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:31:29 PM

hi everyone, i didnt find much information on the tac website, so i wanted to ask it here:

Who are the devs and how much people are working on this project?

Is voice communication possible in the future?

thanks for your time Smiley

Hi criptix,

1. Who are the devs and how much people are working on this project?

There are 3 of us working on the project right now, our founding Talkcoin dev, myself and djm34 working on the new GUI.  Talkoin dev is a heavyweight software eng with penchant for crypto and complex problem solving, i'm CTO in tech startups with last 5 years in p2p communications projects in EU/China and interest is growing disruptive technologies, we are both from Europe.  djm34 is helping us and is an awesome coder who optimized our NIST5 miner.

2. Is voice communication possible in the future?

Yes, VOIP and video streaming are possible, several ways but one way could be using private messages via the block chain to setup the call, then direct encrypted point-to-point between the wallet's current IP's for VOIP or video stream between the 2.  We would need to add a video/audio streaming client to the wallet but there are several open source routes to fast-track that.  

Example (just basic concept)

In this case, knowledge of the call setup would be private between the 2 wallets, and the point to point stream would be encrypted using a codec and the wallet keys. So quite secure because the call content is encrypted and non-persistent and the block chain only contains the call metadata which is encrypted.  There are more complex versions for multi-party streaming using multi-sig encryption with more nodes in the call.   The difference with e.g. Skype would be that Skype and their friends can access or kill any Skype call and it's closed source and trust based.

Juan Galt from TheCoinFront.com mentioned an idea from Ethan at CoinCulture.info about an alternative to proof of work where wallets running as TOR nodes gain income from proof of bandwidth supporting the TOR network, this could be an option for multip-party chat on Talkcoin or 1-many pure p2p streaming where nodes were rewarded for supporting p2p streaming bandwith.

These are just rough ideas, not scheduled development or any kind of announcement.  Our focus is just implementing secure anonymous text messaging right now and we are close to that. I am just sharing ideas of possible future directions for Talkcoin to see what the community thinks.

this is the sort of news that get people interested in getting talk coin. Implementing this is another good way of burning off some TAC from market cap.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkTeam (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 12:36:16 PM

another idea. how about to implement a video-chat into Talkcoin? veilcoin has planned it, however the dev is inactive for many days.

I think we can need and use it much better  Tongue

Thanks minimila, I hadn't seen veilcoin.  They plan on integrating phone calls to their wallet but like you said they don't seem very active.  

Phone calling is a possibility for Talkcoin similar to what Skype do, but it would require integration with carrier services and presumable payment in TAC converted to e.g. USD for the privilege and so might be hard to decentralize as such.

There is some interesting free & open source phone call encryption if you have android could be useful too: https://whispersystems.org/

TalkCoin | First Anonymous Chat | First NIST5 Algo
TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 12:45:06 PM

hi everyone, i didnt find much information on the tac website, so i wanted to ask it here:

Who are the devs and how much people are working on this project?

Is voice communication possible in the future?

thanks for your time Smiley

Hi criptix,

1. Who are the devs and how much people are working on this project?

There are 3 of us working on the project right now, our founding Talkcoin dev, myself and djm34 working on the new GUI.  Talkoin dev is a heavyweight software eng with penchant for crypto and complex problem solving, i'm CTO in tech startups with last 5 years in p2p communications projects in EU/China and interest is growing disruptive technologies, we are both from Europe.  djm34 is helping us and is an awesome coder who optimized our NIST5 miner.

2. Is voice communication possible in the future?

Yes, VOIP and video streaming are possible, several ways but one way could be using private messages via the block chain to setup the call, then direct encrypted point-to-point between the wallet's current IP's for VOIP or video stream between the 2.  We would need to add a video/audio streaming client to the wallet but there are several open source routes to fast-track that.  

Example (just basic concept)

In this case, knowledge of the call setup would be private between the 2 wallets, and the point to point stream would be encrypted using a codec and the wallet keys. So quite secure because the call content is encrypted and non-persistent and the block chain only contains the call metadata which is encrypted.  There are more complex versions for multi-party streaming using multi-sig encryption with more nodes in the call.   The difference with e.g. Skype would be that Skype and their friends can access or kill any Skype call and it's closed source and trust based.

Juan Galt from TheCoinFront.com mentioned an idea from Ethan at CoinCulture.info about an alternative to proof of work where wallets running as TOR nodes gain income from proof of bandwidth supporting the TOR network, this could be an option for multip-party chat on Talkcoin or 1-many pure p2p streaming where nodes were rewarded for supporting p2p streaming bandwith.

These are just rough ideas, not scheduled development or any kind of announcement.  Our focus is just implementing secure anonymous text messaging right now and we are close to that. I am just sharing ideas of possible future directions for Talkcoin to see what the community thinks.

this is the sort of news that get people interested in getting talk coin. Implementing this is another good way of burning off some TAC from market cap.

I agree, 0.1 TAC would be sent for destruction in the genesis block to place each call, same as all chat and vote fees, then the actual call is free.  it depends on what everyone wants.  I'm sure we could raise donations to bring in devs for different parts of this with Talkcoin dev owning the core development.

karimdr2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:49:13 PM

I agree, 0.1 TAC would be sent for destruction in the genesis block to place each call, same as all chat and vote fees, then the actual call is free.  it depends on what everyone wants.  I'm sure we could raise donations to bring in devs for different parts of this with Talkcoin dev owning the core development.

I'm in !

★ BitNet ★ New Darknet, better than TOR ! FREE VPN ! Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN!!! Vg7NuuuJt2snso5N1EMPyPwSTHb2ByiHRo
BTC: 1Gu3KYr3HV1TGJmqgSXXQbGxxdLzTEAN6o
TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:06:18 PM

dwarves updated to new version

great, thanks Grin

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:07:47 PM

Site: http://xhash.net
Pool address: stratum+tcp://pool.xhash.net:3366

Wallet updated.

Thanks xFranz Smiley

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:10:55 PM

TAC.HASHLINK.EU
Spread some hash. Help us find blocks! Wink

Wallet Updated to 1.3 !

- 1% Fee on all pools
- PROP Payout system
- Dedicated Servers
- Multicoin Pool
- High performance NODE.js backend
- User friendly MPOS interface
- STRATUM
- VARDIFF
- Skilled admins
- Forum and IRC Support

thanks asemov, I updated the OP with the Hashlink details.

asemov

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:12:24 PM

TAC.HASHLINK.EU
Wallet Up-to-date Wink

- 1% Fee on all pools
- PROP Payout system
- Dedicated Servers
- Multicoin Pool
- High performance NODE.js backend
- User friendly MPOS interface
- STRATUM
- VARDIFF
- Skilled admins
- Forum and IRC Support

But we need some miners Smiley
TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:17:42 PM

^ please spread you hash!  Grin

minimila

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:09:46 PM

another idea. how about to implement a video-chat into Talkcoin? veilcoin has planned it, however the dev is inactive for many days.

Thanks minimila, I hadn't seen veilcoin.  They plan on integrating phone calls to their wallet but like you said they don't seem very active.  

Phone calling is a possibility for Talkcoin similar to what Skype do, but it would require integration with carrier services and presumable payment in TAC converted to e.g. USD for the privilege and so might be hard to decentralize as such.

There is some interesting free & open source phone call encryption if you have android could be useful too: https://whispersystems.org/

I meant, at first that doesn't need to be a compex structure with real world connections, but just as a p2p video/audio-chat between private persons, entcrypted and decentralized.
not sure, how complicated to develop this, but there is definetely many ready components, libraries, codes..

Decentralized Anonymous Chat with Video-Audio Calls!
like Skype has been before microsoft bought them and set supernodes. may be over tor or over i2p

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable MONERO Pool
Profit Calculator and Price chart: JackpotCoin Maxcoin Talkcoin Saffroncoin  DwarfExplorer: Talkcoin with chat
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS: [XMR][JPC][MAX][GRS][TAC][SFR]Support thread on forum
TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:25:47 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 03:36:42 PM by TalkTeam

I meant, at first that doesn't need to be a compex structure with real world connections, but just as a p2p video/audio-chat between private persons, entcrypted and decentralized.
not sure, how complicated to develop this, but there is definetely many ready components, libraries, codes..

like Skype has been before microsoft bought them and set supernodes. may be over tor or over i2p

There are lots of options for the AV encoding / decoding, but royalty free / open source would be essential e.g VP8 (open sourced from On2 by Google, Skype uses VP7 derivative) and XviD e.g.: http://www.compression.ru/video/codec_comparison/h264_2010/vp8_vs_h264.html

Transmission there are a lot of libraries e.g. RTP based or we could derive our own UDP protocol if we want to add more transmission features specific to Talkcoin such as strong encryption or custom packet redelivery.

The most challenging part I think would be developing the client to render the video/audio and capture audio/webcam feed for cross platform including mobiles, so we would need to make sure that was least effort to implement and roll out updates across the platforms, there are some open source platforms for this.

Right now text chat is the focus though, it is up to the community where we go next  Grin

minimila

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:11:35 PM

There are lots of options for the AV encoding / decoding, but royalty free / open source would be essential e.g VP8 (open sourced from On2 by Google, Skype uses VP7 derivative) and XviD e.g.: http://www.compression.ru/video/codec_comparison/h264_2010/vp8_vs_h264.html

Transmission there are a lot of libraries e.g. RTP based or we could derive our own UDP protocol if we want to add more transmission features specific to Talkcoin such as strong encryption or custom packet redelivery.

The most challenging part I think would be developing the client to render the video/audio and capture audio/webcam feed for cross platform including mobiles, so we would need to make sure that was least effort to implement and roll out updates across the platforms, there are some open source platforms for this.

Right now text chat is the focus though, it is up to the community where we go next  Grin

got it. but if you like the idea, you could put it in your long-term future list, it would definitely attract the investors at least, but your plans may modify with changed time circumstances  Wink

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable MONERO Pool
Profit Calculator and Price chart: JackpotCoin Maxcoin Talkcoin Saffroncoin  DwarfExplorer: Talkcoin with chat
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS: [XMR][JPC][MAX][GRS][TAC][SFR]Support thread on forum
karimdr2

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:50:24 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 07:54:54 PM by karimdr2

Mac wallet updated to 1.3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1h6nqk2l681lb5u/Talkcoin-Qt.zip

Nodes needed for sync or the old TAC folder. Please make a mirror.

Edit: this build don't work on other system, I will update it for maximum compatibility

★ BitNet ★ New Darknet, better than TOR ! FREE VPN ! Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN!!! Vg7NuuuJt2snso5N1EMPyPwSTHb2ByiHRo
BTC: 1Gu3KYr3HV1TGJmqgSXXQbGxxdLzTEAN6o
Stronci

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:12:10 PM

Well. Logo discussed. Now we will start an abbreviation. The abbreviation of a coin consists of three letters TAC. Well it or is bad? If it is related to your mother-in-law, it makes no difference. If it is related to cryptocurrency seeking to gain the world recognition is causes a number of questions. When the unaware person sees these three letters that he has to think? What is it? Mint candy? Committee of technical assistance (UN)? Whether it is necessary to demand from it something bigger, except how to use search in Google? From this it is possible to draw a conclusion that in this word associative communications don't work. What is TAC? How these three letters express sense of the full name? If it was reduction of the long word or group of words, such option would be logical. But word Talkcoin not the long. Moreover, that its part which contains an essence of a coin consists of four letters. Talk as an abbreviation looks quite capaciously, expressively, specifically, informatively and self-sufficiently. This word will be sharply distinguished from hundred abbreviations of cryptocurrencies. Why? Because it not abstraction and the word from a lexicon. It is easily perceived as doesn't need decoding. The brain doesn't strain and doesn't process information. The word TALK as an abbreviation possesses force, ease, beauty and a positive. I consider that change of an abbreviation would serve promoting and strengthening of positions of a coin.
binkshurts

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:17:07 PM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:00:20 PM

Check it out guys the best rig rental site hands down now offers nist5 miners! Come put your rigs up for rent and rent some tac hash!

Mining Rig Rentals offers failover for all miners, better statistics, better prices, better support then any other rental site hands down!

Especially great for users who use cudaminer with no failover support!

I am in no way affiliated with MRR I just love there service enough to spread the word. 

Link in my signature!
Litejavichu

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:50:04 PM

This initiative seeks the same purpose as Talkcoin. It is able to participate in "Reset the Net"? I think very good advertising
https://www.resetthenet.org/

https://pack.resetthenet.org/

Open source
https://whispersystems.org/

Litejavichu

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:15:32 PM

On low price, simple explanation

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 08:39:12 PM

got it. but if you like the idea, you could put it in your long-term future list, it would definitely attract the investors at least, but your plans may modify with changed time circumstances  Wink

Hi minimila,

About the video, me and the dev don't want to give false promises and if things not delivered its not fair on investors who came in based on that.  

We haven't discussed much about video chat because we have been building the basics, just yourself and criptix mentioned it yesterday which sparked ideas so I thought I would share.  For me, secure text chat is a key useful feature and we are nearly their putting everything together for that. (Only other options I found currently are Torchat and Bitmessage so I am looking forward to this as I think Talkcoin private chat will be a lot easier to use)

I think we have the right experience to do secure video but it would be a big job and a lot of it is down to what the community feedback is. We are just finishing the Tor release right now and there are some other features including secure messaging soon, see what people want to do.

Thanks Smiley

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 08:45:33 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 09:28:31 PM by TalkTeam

This initiative seeks the same purpose as Talkcoin. It is able to participate in "Reset the Net"? I think very good advertising
https://www.resetthenet.org/

https://pack.resetthenet.org/

Open source
https://whispersystems.org/

I know the whisper systems redphone / textsecure, but the resetthenet looks good, I will investigate.  

UPDATE: I have emailed them, will advise any progress.  Definitely synergy with our goals.

Thanks Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: