Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:51:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAC] TalkCoin  (Read 266692 times)
binkshurts

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:02:59 PM

To address some of the issues raised here:

1. Vote - we don't control this, by design.  If you want higher reward, vote for it.  Personally, I would like higher reward for the reasons given by djm, Aizen, Binks, but I vote what I want, this is decentralized.

2. People comparing us to HeavyCoin - We are an anonymous communications platform integrated into a crypto currency, we want Talkcoin to be *used* as a way for people to have privacy and security and anonymity in their communications at a time when these commodities are rapidly disappearing.  The only parallel to Heavycoin is supply voting, but after block 230,000 this will be limited to 10% change so we think it will function more like other coins than Heavycoin.  

3. Panicking about the price and sky falling - We will not jump around saying we will do this or that trying to please everyone and suppor the price, there are enough coins people can go to for that.   Me and the dev are long term investors in Talkcoin, the underlying value of which a more useful way to communicate for people who don't want to use centralized and backdoored services.  People should note, we are working progressively towards this for the future.  

4. Marketing - this is important to us, but there are only 2 of us, no premine, and we are just working on the technology mostly.  I don't think people get that when they demand we do this and that, we are doing the best we can as fast as we can, if all the energy people spending especially on the PMs of what we 'must do' and then spilling out negatively here when they dont get their way, put that energy into helping, like me and the dev are doing every day, it would help not hinder  Grin

Thanks!

Agreed! +1 The Devteam is not going to change their course and it's pretty clear. We need to respect their decision to stay on THEIR course and we need to support them. Like talkteam said, all these pms and ideas are only hindering the team and the community, so let's stop.

I advocated for a very low block reward throughout but it makes sense that this doesnt really work out if the demand is not there. Let's vote for higher block rewards to get miners back in the game. More people, more attention.  Then if need be, later on we'll push for lower block rewards.

As a community we need to come together and work together. Let's use social media, forums to push for this coin + nist5 algo. It seems like people are moving to X15... But why? NIST5 is here already...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:22:15 PM

1. Vote - we don't control this, by design.  If you want higher reward, vote for it.  Personally, I would like higher reward for the reasons given by djm, Aizen, Binks, but I vote what I want, this is decentralized.

2. People comparing us to HeavyCoin - We are an anonymous communications platform integrated into a crypto currency, we want Talkcoin to be *used* as a way for people to have privacy and security and anonymity in their communications at a time when these commodities are rapidly disappearing.  The only parallel to Heavycoin is supply voting, but after block 230,000 this will be limited to 10% change so we think it will function more like other coins than Heavycoin. 

3. Panicking about the price and sky falling - We will not jump around saying we will do this or that trying to please everyone and suppor the price, there are enough coins people can go to for that.   Me and the dev are long term investors in Talkcoin, the underlying value of which a more useful way to communicate for people who don't want to use centralized and backdoored services.  People should note, we are working progressively towards this for the future. 

4. Marketing - this is important to us, but there are only 2 of us, no premine, and we are just working on the technology mostly.  I don't think people get that when they demand we do this and that, we are doing the best we can as fast as we can, if all the energy people spending especially on the PMs of what we 'must do' and then spilling out negatively here when they dont get their way, put that energy into helping, like me and the dev are doing every day, it would help not hinder  Grin

Thanks!

Some of us understand but you might want to see if you could take on a few people who would be willing to join the team for next to nothing or free for that matter. You need someone who trolls here and can come into contact with you daily.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
TalkTeam (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 08:26:53 PM

1. Vote - we don't control this, by design.  If you want higher reward, vote for it.  Personally, I would like higher reward for the reasons given by djm, Aizen, Binks, but I vote what I want, this is decentralized.

2. People comparing us to HeavyCoin - We are an anonymous communications platform integrated into a crypto currency, we want Talkcoin to be *used* as a way for people to have privacy and security and anonymity in their communications at a time when these commodities are rapidly disappearing.  The only parallel to Heavycoin is supply voting, but after block 230,000 this will be limited to 10% change so we think it will function more like other coins than Heavycoin.  

3. Panicking about the price and sky falling - We will not jump around saying we will do this or that trying to please everyone and suppor the price, there are enough coins people can go to for that.   Me and the dev are long term investors in Talkcoin, the underlying value of which a more useful way to communicate for people who don't want to use centralized and backdoored services.  People should note, we are working progressively towards this for the future.  

4. Marketing - this is important to us, but there are only 2 of us, no premine, and we are just working on the technology mostly.  I don't think people get that when they demand we do this and that, we are doing the best we can as fast as we can, if all the energy people spending especially on the PMs of what we 'must do' and then spilling out negatively here when they dont get their way, put that energy into helping, like me and the dev are doing every day, it would help not hinder  Grin

Thanks!

Agreed! +1 The Devteam is not going to change their course and it's pretty clear. We need to respect their decision to stay on THEIR course and we need to support them. Like talkteam said, all these pms and ideas are only hindering the team and the community, so let's stop.

I advocated for a very low block reward throughout but it makes sense that this doesnt really work out if the demand is not there. Let's vote for higher block rewards to get miners back in the game. More people, more attention.  Then if need be, later on we'll push for lower block rewards.

As a community we need to come together and work together. Let's use social media, forums to push for this coin + nist5 algo. It seems like people are moving to X15... But why? NIST5 is here already...

Thanks for your support.  We do support people expressing their ideas and we read everything on here.

TalkCoin | First Anonymous Chat | First NIST5 Algo
TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 08:29:51 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 09:06:45 PM by TalkTeam

Thanks!

Some of us understand but you might want to see if you could take on a few people who would be willing to join the team for next to nothing or free for that matter. You need someone who trolls here and can come into contact with you daily.

Thanks BrewCrew - agree.

We need help on marketing, the thread, website dev, mobile dev and keeping the mac wallet compiled with the latest version.

If people want to get involved, we can pay you bounty and ask the community to contribute too.  But it has to be long term commitment to our team.  Please PM me if interested or introduce people you know who you think can help.

Thanks

minimila

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:49:09 PM

Thanks!

dear TalkTeam! I can't keep silent, I just must say that you are such a good leader! Very patient and polite, also active in comparison to the other I read before. I am not a miner, but the only I bought on the exchange is Talkcoin, dont know is it a stupidity or a women's intuition  Cheesy Roll Eyes time will show  Tongue

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable MONERO Pool
Profit Calculator and Price chart: JackpotCoin Maxcoin Talkcoin Saffroncoin  DwarfExplorer: Talkcoin with chat
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS: [XMR][JPC][MAX][GRS][TAC][SFR]Support thread on forum
TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 09:59:22 PM

Thanks!

dear TalkTeam! I can't keep silent, I just must say that you are such a good leader! Very patient and polite, also active in comparison to the other I read before. I am not a miner, but the only I bought on the exchange is Talkcoin, dont know is it a stupidity or a women's intuition  Cheesy Roll Eyes time will show  Tongue

Thanks! I am going to try to be more active. Talkcoin is a long term project so welcome to join us for that  Grin

sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:02:40 PM

Considering investment in this coin, but could anyone briefly explain what's going on with the price - why has it sunk so low?
binkshurts

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:12:49 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 10:31:38 PM by binkshurts

Considering investment in this coin, but could anyone briefly explain what's going on with the price - why has it sunk so low?

It was never really 'high' per se in the first place.

If you look at chart, there was a 'pump' a few days ago. That pump was accidental by an investor (look back to forum post) which led to the price hovering high for a bit.

The community also sought to lower the block reward and miners left, probably dumping while they were walking out.

We are looking to increase the block reward again (perhaps) to encourage miners also.
karimdr2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:25:30 PM

It was never really 'high' per se in the first place.

If you look at chart, there was a 'pump' a few days ago. That pump was accidental by an investor (look back to forum post) which led to the price hovering high for a bit.

The community also sought to lower the block reward and miners left, probably dumping while they were walking out.

We are looking to increase the block reward again (perhaps) to encourage miners ago.

I confirm, the low reward is the main problem ! The next vote will be in 22 hours.

★ BitNet ★ New Darknet, better than TOR ! FREE VPN ! Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN!!! Vg7NuuuJt2snso5N1EMPyPwSTHb2ByiHRo
BTC: 1Gu3KYr3HV1TGJmqgSXXQbGxxdLzTEAN6o
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:57:56 PM

Thanks!

Really good update, thanks Andy...

I think most of us realise you are a new coin with a small team that needs to grow organically, Rome wasn't built in a day!

The price is quite healthy for such a new coin, my sell side resistance began at 15k at that's pretty much where the pump stopped a few days ago.  I'm not sure if that helped or hindered, I hope it helped.  I've seen brilliant new coins get absolutely raped by the whales to be left dwindling at a few satoshi, we definitely don't want to go down like that.

From what I've noticed lately, people expect most alt coins to be pump and dumps, this will effect how people expect this coin to behave and perhaps people think something is wrong because there's no massive pump for this coin?

Things couldn't be further from the truth...

On the marketing side, the challenge will be finding the right balance between advertising and letting the coin speak for itself.  We don't want to be like the other scam coins, hiring pump teams, loading fake buy support, buying our way onto exchanges etc etc...

Keep up the great work team and please let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
binkshurts

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:21:04 AM

Alright,

Let's start voting:  https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Hesitant about mintpal but let's get it seen. It's currently ranked 443 -- we just need like 22,000 votes  Grin

Also, community -- we are voting in 22 hours. What block reward are we trying to aim for? Back in the twenties?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:26:27 AM

hi everyone, i didnt find much information on the tac website, so i wanted to ask it here:

Who are the devs and how much people are working on this project?

Is voice communication possible in the future?

thanks for your time Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Stronci

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:19:03 AM

Applause abated?
bloud22

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:13:08 AM

I need talkcoin for mac,help me!! Angry
minimila

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:54:21 AM

another idea. how about to implement a video-chat into Talkcoin? veilcoin has planned it, however the dev is inactive for many days.

I think we can need and use it much better  Tongue

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable MONERO Pool
Profit Calculator and Price chart: JackpotCoin Maxcoin Talkcoin Saffroncoin  DwarfExplorer: Talkcoin with chat
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS: [XMR][JPC][MAX][GRS][TAC][SFR]Support thread on forum
TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 11:57:31 AM

hi everyone, i didnt find much information on the tac website, so i wanted to ask it here:

Who are the devs and how much people are working on this project?

Is voice communication possible in the future?

thanks for your time Smiley

Hi criptix,

1. Who are the devs and how much people are working on this project?

There are 3 of us working on the project right now, our founding Talkcoin dev, myself and djm34 working on the new GUI.  Talkoin dev is a heavyweight software eng with penchant for crypto and complex problem solving, i'm CTO in tech startups with last 5 years in p2p communications projects in EU/China and interest is growing disruptive technologies, we are both from Europe.  djm34 is helping us and is an awesome coder who optimized our NIST5 miner.

2. Is voice communication possible in the future?

Yes, VOIP and video streaming are possible, several ways but one way could be using private messages via the block chain to setup the call, then direct encrypted point-to-point between the wallet's current IP's for VOIP or video stream between the 2.  We would need to add a video/audio streaming client to the wallet but there are several open source routes to fast-track that.  

Example (just basic concept)

In this case, knowledge of the call setup would be private between the 2 wallets, and the point to point stream would be encrypted using a codec and the wallet keys. So quite secure because the call content is encrypted and non-persistent and the block chain only contains the call metadata which is encrypted.  There are more complex versions for multi-party streaming using multi-sig encryption with more nodes in the call.   The difference with e.g. Skype would be that Skype and their friends can access or kill any Skype call and it's closed source and trust based.

Juan Galt from TheCoinFront.com mentioned an idea from Ethan at CoinCulture.info about an alternative to proof of work where wallets running as TOR nodes gain income from proof of bandwidth supporting the TOR network, this could be an option for multip-party chat on Talkcoin or 1-many pure p2p streaming where nodes were rewarded for supporting p2p streaming bandwith.

These are just rough ideas, not scheduled development or any kind of announcement.  Our focus is just implementing secure anonymous text messaging right now and we are close to that. I am just sharing ideas of possible future directions for Talkcoin to see what the community thinks.

karimdr2

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:07:33 PM

Run Windows version with WineBottler http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ or Virtualbox. I'll try to compile Mac version to help TAC communauty, but I can not promise anything. I do not know if I will succeed .

★ BitNet ★ New Darknet, better than TOR ! FREE VPN ! Free Distribution 14,000,000 VPNCOIN!!! Vg7NuuuJt2snso5N1EMPyPwSTHb2ByiHRo
TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 12:17:24 PM

Run Windows version with WineBottler http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ or Virtualbox. I'll try to compile Mac version to help TAC communauty, but I can not promise anything. I do not know if I will succeed .

500 TAC if you do  Grin

New wallet version soon too, so we looking for someone who can keep us up to date on Mac.

karimdr2

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:22:46 PM

500 TAC if you do  Grin

New wallet version soon too, so we looking for someone who can keep us up to date on Mac.

I'll try in a few hours Wink

TalkTeam (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 12:30:47 PM

500 TAC if you do  Grin

I'll try in a few hours Wink

Sweet, PM me I can test for you Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: