Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:51:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goat owe me 3740.35 BTC  (Read 22716 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:08:36 AM

This image https://i.imgur.com/n2N9ZdM.png of the msg Supposedly  shows goats activity at 840 back in 06/06/2012 and today his activity is 840.  How is this possible? in two years goat has been on enough to make his activity level move since then hasn't he?

this photo shop?
He deleted a lot of his own posts on this forum. That should decrease activity.

But remember the formula for activity does include time spent logged in over a course of a week or two. I forget the formula but it wasn't just directed only at # of posts.

This gets added to your activity permanently no matter how many posts you have.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:11:18 AM

Personally, I think that a partial repayment would be reasonable even if Goat can afford the whole thing. The contract says "best effort", and the money probably was really lost and not just pocketed by Goat. Goat was apparently investing almost entirely in Pirate or other funds investing in Pirate at the time.

I think this would be fair as well.

Partial meaning 40-60%...well that's just my view. This is quite a lot of funds to be owing other forum users.

Using the USD version if i'm not mistaken was denied by Goat back over a year ago when they were PMing.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:12:33 AM

This image https://i.imgur.com/n2N9ZdM.png of the msg Supposedly  shows goats activity at 840 back in 06/06/2012 and today his activity is 840.  How is this possible? in two years goat has been on enough to make his activity level move since then hasn't he?

this photo shop?

But remember the formula for activity does include time spent logged in over a course of a week or two.

No, this is tied to how many posts you make in a particular week, and for how many weeks. If you delete posts, then you will have possibly less posts than 14 per week.

"time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)/"
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:14:11 AM

This image https://i.imgur.com/n2N9ZdM.png of the msg Supposedly  shows goats activity at 840 back in 06/06/2012 and today his activity is 840.  How is this possible? in two years goat has been on enough to make his activity level move since then hasn't he?

this photo shop?

But remember the formula for activity does include time spent logged in over a course of a week or two.

No, this is tied to how many posts you make in a particular week, and for how many weeks. If you delete posts, then you will have possibly less posts than 14 per week.

"time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)/"

Okay my bad. I forgot the formula. Could he not have left a single post in a two-week period in tact to allow for this not to change?

The point is Theymos verified the PMs. So the screenshots and what they show are irrelevant at this point as the CONTENT of the PMs have been verified to be genuine.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:25:03 AM

Personally, I think that a partial repayment would be reasonable even if Goat can afford the whole thing. The contract says "best effort" (...)

I think any court would find the terms of the contract insane enough to make the whole thing null and void.

And also that Goat owes Gurrty the full principal, if Gurrty can establish that he sent the money.

In a nutshell: If it can be established that you gave me a million dollars according to some completely insane contract, and the contract is found to be invalid... I don't get to keep the million.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:28:15 AM

^ Indeed, pretty sure he now regrets flaunting his wealth.

This image https://i.imgur.com/n2N9ZdM.png of the msg Supposedly  shows goats activity at 840 back in 06/06/2012 and today his activity is 840.  How is this possible? in two years goat has been on enough to make his activity level move since then hasn't he?

this photo shop?

Just because he delete his posts doesn't mean Theymos doesn't have a copy of it somewhere on his servers.

This may come in handy should he disappear etc.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:35:31 AM

I think any court would find the terms of the contract insane enough to make the whole thing null and void.

And also that Goat owes Gurrty the full principal, if Gurrty can establish that he sent the money.

In a nutshell: If it can be established that you gave me a million dollars according to some completely insane contract, and the contract is found to be invalid... I don't get to keep the million.

A court would also interpret the principal in terms of fiat value at the time.

It's not reasonable to expect Goat to pay millions of dollars because he stupidly lost a few thousand dollars years ago. At the same time, Gurrty was denied the chance to maybe make lots of money by holding onto the BTC, so he deserves more than just the principal IMO. But not the full BTC amount. (What are the chances that Gurrty would have held onto this BTC until now if he was so careless as to loan it to Goat?)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:13:10 AM

A court would also interpret the principal in terms of fiat value at the time.

It's not reasonable to expect Goat to pay millions of dollars because he stupidly lost a few thousand dollars years ago. At the same time, Gurrty was denied the chance to maybe make lots of money by holding onto the BTC, so he deserves more than just the principal IMO. But not the full BTC amount. (What are the chances that Gurrty would have held onto this BTC until now if he was so careless as to loan it to Goat?)

Of course asking him to pay the full amount in BTC may be unreasonable but it isnt to expect him to pay a portion of the BTC as the repayment was to be over 100 weeks. In that time OP would have made quite a bit of $ too. That needs to be considered as well.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:36:38 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 12:25:54 PM by smoothie's man crush

To save you all time because most of this thread is trolling and off topic here is my last post and how it was resolved. Thx

@ gurrty

You clearly do not understand the contract but that is not my problem. I was willing to work with you in 2013 because I felt sorry for you and I know how it is to fall on hard times. However you responded to my polite question a year later and did so with name calling and threats. At this point in time you can take the coin from theymos or sue me directly. I have talked to my lawyer about this and the contract will be tossed out and you would end up owing me the BTC that I sent you, and I would have to return the assets. If this is the path you want to take fine. I also want to point out that in terms of fiat you have gained more than $500,000 than you invested. No court is going to have sympathy for you. If you can even find a court that is willing to accept the case, we are ready.

@ theymos

I still do not agree that gurrty should get anything but since you are a GLBSE owner, and you hold the GLBSE coins even if I wanted to stop you there is nothing I could do. I guess it is just lucky for Gurrty you are so understanding.

When you give back the coins in the terms of fiat he invested to gurrty will you please give the rest of us back our coins in the terms of fiat invested. You have a huge amount of GLBSE coins that you did not earn. Please refund us, please do not keep the rest of the coins for yourself.

@ smoothie

We all know Goat ran a Pirate Pass Through that assisted PirateAt40's ponzi scheme

At the personal request of theymos. theymos wanted this listed on GLBSE. At the time I assumed it was just to get more GLBSE fees but it seems now it was much more than that. theymos by far was the largest person who "assisted" Pirate. I was trying to get favor with theymos at the time however in the end I think he abused my trust. theymos and GLBSE were the ones who took a huge amount of profit because of fees (read the GLBSE logs). theymos has also admitted he profited from this investment directly and admitted he was reading Pirates personal messages. You want to bring up this topic? Fine, talk about it all you will.

Question wasn't directed at you.

Half the posts in this thread are from you and most of them are off topic. Yet when I answer your question in a correct and polite way you tell me to fuck off? What is wrong with you? If the question was a secret then use the PM system! (Oh wait, you can not even do that, theymos will still post PMs in public.)

You are way out of line and have nothing to do with anything in this thread.  All you have done is expressed your love for theymos and your hate for me. Sadly however for you, all you have done is exposed theymos to issues that he banned me before for talking about. I'm sure he is loving you right now. Anyway we have all spent too much time with you and people like you are why this forum has turned to shit. You are on ignore and I will be spending a whole lot less time on this forum. The trolls win!

@ everyone else.   Peace and love, I will be here from time to time (assuming I do not get banned) so send me a PM if you wish. I will also be around but every time I come to this forum I just feel negativity. Catch ya around.

Below this is my first post in this thread.

Personally, I think that a partial repayment would be reasonable even if Goat can afford the whole thing. The contract says "best effort", and the money probably was really lost and not just pocketed by Goat. Goat was apparently investing almost entirely in Pirate or other funds investing in Pirate at the time.

Maybe it would be reasonable to take the USD value of that BTC at the time of the contract and then apply the contract's compounding interest to this amount.

I would like to say Theymos knows a bit more about this situation than the average person. He had access to info the public does not have.

Gurrty left out some of the PMs. He failed to include the ones where he black mailed me and threatened me. Because I do not respond to extortion or blackmail I blocked his PMs just recently. Because of his threats all reasonable options are no longer on the table.

Everyone knows I am trusted and honest when it comes to business and I can be very reasonable. However this guy has issues and crossed the line on how to deal with things. Because this is now potentially a  court or legal matter I will not really say anything. Since he moved it in that direction I will be happy to meet him in court where as he knew before there were other options. He has no real claim and is just upset that I ended up with some BTC in my pocket. If it were not for AM and LTC I would be much worse off than Gurrty here. Everyone knows how painful it was for me to pay off my debts after that disaster default. I could have just walked away like everyone else but I did not. I am not a scammer.

Gurrty is usury a crime in France? What about extortion?

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:57:50 AM

Well I guess Theymos may need to open up the PM history between both users.

Goat it was easy to take the money from that investor (as well as many others) but repaying was tough huh?

This reminds me of HashFast. They did the same thing. lol

Now you are trying to find a way out of the debt. Not surprising.

Did you ever repay all of your Pirate Pass Through investors? ...something tells me you didn't.

Hence you haven't paid all of your debts.

Finding a loop hole out of contracts is the scummy way to do business.

1. Borrow money from investor and promise to pay back loan.

2. Claim hard times are upon you.

3. Delay on repayment after an agreement has been reached.

4. Investor gets frustrated with you because of lack of action on your part and attempts to get you to repay by saying anything and everything (? who knows what was said).

5. You claim that because he said certain things..."now I don't need to repay that debt because the investor said X, Y, and Z."

Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Gurrty (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:01:19 AM

I am more than happy to post my last post I sent to Goat 2014-04-21;

https://i.imgur.com/hBOXnBo.png

His response;

https://i.imgur.com/QsTwelS.png

Who is blackmailing? Goat wrote; "I think we should meet in person. When can you get here?"

Scary...

I have reported Three more PMs to theymos.

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:04:52 AM

Smoothie you are as ignorant as you are a troll. I see why you are the most hated/ignored person on this forum.

However since I have been assured this is both a court and legal matter by OP I suspect that OP is just trying to get some information so he can make a claim. Something if he really had a claim he would not need to do.

Since OP wants to take this to court let us take it to court. I will be happy to talk about this freely once it is finished. I have a zero policy against extortion.  

I see no reason why I should talk about this any more at this time. I will let you know if/when however OP does take this to court. My lawyer was informed once the threats started to come in and we are ready.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:11:41 AM

Smoothie you are as ignorant as you are a troll. I see why you are the most hated/ignored person on this forum.

However since I have been assured this is both a court and legal matter by OP I suspect that OP is just trying to get some information so he can make a claim. Something if he really had a claim he would not need to do.

Since OP wants to take this to court let us take it to court. I will be happy to talk about this freely once it is finished. I have a zero policy against extortion.  

I see no reason why I should talk about this any more at this time. I will let you know if/when however OP does take this to court. My lawyer was informed once the threats started to come in and we are ready.

Oh and how were you able to afford an attorney? Let me guess...ding ding ding...investors' funds!

Keep the name calling coming. It shows how mature you are.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:23:36 AM

What threat was that?

Him saying "Should he contact the SEC/FBI"?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

rhino34567

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:37:14 AM

Gurrty shouldn't have brought up the court issue. There was still a chance of this being negotiated and settled out of court avoiding all unnecessary expenses. That's all I can really say since there is probably a long conversation the public is not aware of.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:39:48 AM

If the FBI/SEC thing is really the "threat", then it came two years after he should have been paid, and it's more than a fair reaction. Why wasn't he paid in those two years, even though Goat obviously had the means to do so?

What happened between https://i.imgur.com/n1PtwQK.png and https://i.imgur.com/QsTwelS.png If nothing happened, then WHY?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:49:06 AM

If the FBI/SEC thing is really the "threat", then it came two years after he should have been paid, and it's more than a fair reaction. Why wasn't he paid in those two years, even though Goat obviously had the means to do so?

What happened between https://i.imgur.com/n1PtwQK.png and https://i.imgur.com/QsTwelS.png If nothing happened, then WHY?

Oh Goat? Care to comment?

Oh wait likely he doesn't think any of us should know.

Theymos may need to step in here.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:57:15 AM

Gurrty shouldn't have brought up the court issue. There was still a chance of this being negotiated and settled out of court avoiding all unnecessary expenses. That's all I can really say since there is probably a long conversation the public is not aware of.

Yes. Not all of the PMs have been posted and not all of the communication was done over the forum. If everything was published most people here would find that I acted in a very reasonable way. However it is now a matter for the courts and LEA as OP wants.

If Gurrty thinks that his claims will tarnish my image he has failed. The people who do not like me (smoothy and blits)will still not like me, the people who trust me will still trust me. Honestly I think Gurrty is just bluffing and he is the only one who has acted in an illegal way here. He knows if we go to court everything will come out. Everyone will see what he agreed to do and what he threatened to do when it did not go his way.

I do know that libel is illegal in both France and Thailand. I'm calling his bluff, we will see what he will do. Will he take action like he said he would or just make half baked claims on a forum. Pretty sure I know the answer to this.

Trolling
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:14:38 AM

Yes. Not all of the PMs have been posted and not all of the communication was done over the forum. If everything was published most people here would find that I acted in a very reasonable way. However it is now a matter for the courts and LEA as OP wants.

If Gurrty thinks that his claims will tarnish my image he has failed. The people who do not like me (smoothy and blits)will still not like me, the people who trust me will still trust me. Honestly I think Gurrty is just bluffing and he is the only one who has acted in an illegal way here. He knows if we go to court everything will come out. Everyone will see what he agreed to do and what he threatened to do when it did not go his way.

I do know that libel is illegal in both France and Thailand. I'm calling his bluff, we will see what he will do. Will he take action like he said he would or just make half baked claims on a forum. Pretty sure I know the answer to this.

I suppose that assisting the operator of a ponzi scheme (PirateAt40) would not be considered "illegal" in your world right?

It is hard not to notice how Goat's attitude has changed ever since he has amassed his fortune. Prior to that he was all "humble" and "can you let me borrow X coins?".

In any case this should be a good indicator not to lend BTC to Goat. His track record speaks for itself. I believe I compiled that track record somewhere.... Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Gurrty (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:19:20 AM

When Goat wrote about problems 2012-09-08 this happens;

Goat 2012-09-08
https://i.imgur.com/n1PtwQK.png

Gurrty 2012-09-14
https://i.imgur.com/fB3hEPe.png

Goat 2012-09-15
https://i.imgur.com/LOzAXvC.png

Gurrty 2013-04-11
https://i.imgur.com/puWBax0.png

Goat 2013-04-11 and 2013-05-24
https://i.imgur.com/7vaoHp3.png

Gurrty 2014-04-21
https://i.imgur.com/hBOXnBo.png

Goat 2014-04-21
https://i.imgur.com/QsTwelS.png

All included.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: