Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:00:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goat owe me 3740.35 BTC  (Read 22716 times)
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 07:52:51 PM

I suggest Goat send me 3740.35 BTC back and no lawyers are needed. Goat knows he will loose in court.

Not going to happen, seeing how btc price is where it's at right now.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:53:55 PM

Theymos has claimed the same yet still remains to explain his reasoning on why he thinks Goat should pay the OP back a portion.

The contract clearly establishes debt:
With this contract it will be equal to 5762 bitcoin in debt

However, because the contract says "best effort" (and is vague in general), I don't believe that Goat should be required to follow the exact terms of the contract, especially since he clearly had difficulties at the time. But he should pay at least the USD value of the principal (= the market value of the shares) at the time, and probably more because he defaulted on the contract and the BTC is worth much more now.

At the very least I agree here.

The 100 week repayment would have been much more than the USD value of the principal.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:57:38 PM

Theymos has claimed the same yet still remains to explain his reasoning on why he thinks Goat should pay the OP back a portion.

However, because the contract says "best effort" (and is vague in general), I don't believe that Goat should be required to follow the exact terms of the contract, especially since he clearly had difficulties at the time. But he should pay at least the USD value of the principal (= the market value of the shares) at the time, and probably more because he defaulted on the contract and the BTC is worth much more now.

Since you are a GLBSE owner, how much are his bonds worth?

Keep in mind you said pay the market value of the shares, not what the draft of the contract said we would trade them for.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
WhatsBitcoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:04:37 PM

Keep in mind you said pay the market value of the shares, not what the draft of the contract said we would trade them for.
Offer this guy 100 coins and move on. I agree with what Theymos said. 100 coins would be double the value of what it was back then which I think is decent. 100 coins obviously means nothing to you anyways - you lost 50 coins at Just-dice this morning in 11 seconds and laughed it off.

Get sick. Get well.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:06:01 PM

Offer this guy 100 coins and move on.

why? cuz he said he would call the fbi? does that not open me up to all sorts of extortion? i do not deal well with terrorists.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:07:46 PM

why? cuz he said he would call the fbi? does that not open me up to all sorts of extortion? i do not deal well with terrorists.

Because it seems like you owe the guy something.
Gurrty (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:11:00 PM

Even if I would have traded every weekly payment in USD, one 50 BTC principle payment per week is worth much 2013-2014. This contract is BTC denominated. How can ANYONE loan someone BTC and one, two years later only get USD value for that date.

I know BTC value will rise more in future as well. If someone offered me to loan me 50 BTC and only need to pay back USD value two years later it is almost certain I will only need to perhaps pay back 25 BTC or much less.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:11:24 PM

Offer this guy 100 coins and move on. 100 coins obviously means nothing to you anyways - you lost 50 coins at Just-dice this morning in 11 seconds and laughed it off.

you posted more so ill post again, the amount of coins i lose and laugh at is not the point here. clearly 50 btc is fuck all, that is not the point. just cuz the us govt can pay off many terrorists should they do so? i dont get this line of thought at all.

Trolling
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:12:53 PM

okay, i will ask you the same thing i asked him a year ago. what do i owe him, and why?   he responded with "scammer, ill call fbi" a year later, please do not do the same.

Trolling
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:13:57 PM

So Goat, do I owe bigbitz the illegal loan I was given and was not able to provide back since it was on "good faith"? The community has flagged me as a scammer for it. How are you no different?

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:15:13 PM

Even if I would have traded every weekly payment in USD, one 50 BTC principle payment per week is worth much 2013-2014. This contract is BTC denominated. How can ANYONE loan someone BTC and one, two years later only get USD value for that date.

I know BTC value will rise more in future as well. If someone offered me to loan me 50 BTC and only need to pay back USD value two years later it is almost certain I will only need to perhaps pay back 25 BTC or much less.

you did not loan me BTC. the contract is not denominated in btc, but is denominated in btc that is invested and is not guaranteed.

by the way, you really need to post the full contract so we can get done talking about the draft.

Trolling
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:16:34 PM

So Goat, do I owe bigbitz the illegal loan I was given and was not able to provide back since it was on "good faith"? The community has flagged me as a scammer for it. How are you no different?

i have not read your contract, but it seems your loan was in btc and not bonds. OP here could have taken BTC at the time but did not want to do so. he took a risk and failed. i highly doubt your situation is anything like this, but maybe it is...

Trolling
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:17:31 PM

i do not deal well with terrorists.

Question = Extortion = Terrorism = APOCALYPSE lol

Stretch the truth MOAR!  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:19:08 PM

i do not deal well with terrorists.

Question = Extortion = Terrorism = APOCALYPSE lol

Stretch the truth MOAR!  Cheesy

sigh... I want every one to know smoothie is an American and he is being paid by the govt.

Trolling
Gurrty (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:19:36 PM

I will not call FBI or go to court if you can work to get this solved. I hope I don't "need to" like I wrote. I expect Goat to present a good compensation by free will.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:20:58 PM

okay, i will ask you the same thing i asked him a year ago. what do i owe him, and why?   he responded with "scammer, ill call fbi" a year later, please do not do the same.

I'm not involved at all and I did not read in-depth, but didn't you technically promise to pay him back 100 BTC per month and didn't do so? Shouldn't that be enough no matter what insults or threats he made later? Especially since you were one of the few who seemed to make good on their contracts even after Pirate defaulted (so did ineedausername, Hashking is a fucking scammer and so are many others).

It's none of my business, so I'll leave it at that, but you haven't convinced me you don't owe him anything.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:22:35 PM

I'm not involved at all and I did not read in-depth, but didn't you technically promise to pay him back 100 BTC per month and didn't do so? Shouldn't that be enough no matter what insults or threats he made later? Especially since you were one of the few who seemed to make good on their contracts even after Pirate defaulted (so did ineedausername, Hashking is a fucking scammer and so are many others).

It's none of my business, so I'll leave it at that, but you haven't convinced me you don't owe him anything.

Did you not read the contract? I said I would try my best to do so, and I did. The value of his bonds and more were lost. If anything he owes me.

Trolling
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:25:06 PM

Did you not read the contract? I said I would try my best to do so, and I did. The value of his bonds and more were lost. If anything he owes me.

Right now you own more than the value of the loan so you obviously did not do your best (you would be able to pay right this instant).

What am I missing here because you seem really convinced you are right Tongue
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:28:28 PM

Right now you own more than the value of the loan so you obviously did not do your best (you would be able to pay right this instant).

It doesn't appear he is going to pay OP out of his own free will.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:34:59 PM

I see your point. But you are right, you are missing details that OP has not yet given out. Keep in mind OP did post he thought he was only owed the fiat value of what he invested from the start. You do not know why he thought this, but the fact that he thought this should clue you in on the fact things are missing from his story.

Anyway, I think I have a solution to all of this but will give some time to think it over and word it correctly. 

Trolling
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: