Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:37:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][X11/X13] X11 (Darkcoin)/X13 (Marucoin) miner (based on sph-sgminer)  (Read 351508 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 06:11:05 PM

as french, I like revolutions so whose head shall we cut ? Grin

x11 is like a banana republic, there is a revolution every now and then.
Really want to revolutionize things ? rewrite from scratch sgminer.

an advice: stop mistaking revolution and pissing contest...

God, SGMiner DOES need rewriting...

What will be the advantages to re-writing SGMiner?

You've obviously never seen the code. One thing that holds back development is that no one wants to touch it. CGMiner was bad enough, and that is horrid - now we have more misfit pieces of code grafted onto it. It works, but that's about the only good thing you can say about that code.

Everybody use it because, as far as I know, it's the best at handling OpenCL (so AMD cards) ;-)

No, everybody uses it because there's no reasonable alternative. It's not the best at OpenCL, it's the ONLY one - otherwise you must write it from scratch.
actually coin shield miner is better, but doesn't support standard protocol... (and use a bit too much cpu...)
But at least you have some freedom to add (or remove) variables for your kernel.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:24:54 PM

Maybe, but other opencl applications I've seen use half to a full core for every GPU, while cgminer can run six with the slowest single core cpu.
The problem is all the patches and forks it had.

Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:21:33 AM

So no speed improvements for the end user, just making life easier and cleaner for the devs.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 12:35:39 AM

So no speed improvements for the end user, just making life easier and cleaner for the devs.
making life easier for devs, means also improvement on speed because it is easier to implement.
My preferred example: xcn, nobody released anything (except claymore with a fee) because just thinking on how to do it in sgminer gives you nightmare. 

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:57:18 AM

making life easier for devs, means also improvement on speed because it is easier to implement.
My preferred example: xcn, nobody released anything (except claymore with a fee) because just thinking on how to do it in sgminer gives you nightmare. 

You think there's a crowd funding opportunity here to completely re-write the mining software?

JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:03:09 AM

You think there's a crowd funding opportunity here to completely re-write the mining software?

With "no speed improvements for the end user"Huh  I doubt it.

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 01:12:39 AM

may be we should just release opencl file and ask the end user to make it to run...  Grin

djm34 facebook page
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:14:46 AM

may be we should just release opencl file and ask the end user to make it to run...  Grin

How many man days are we talking here to re-write it from the ground up?

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 02:59:29 AM

With "no speed improvements for the end user"Huh  I doubt it.
may be we should just release opencl file and ask the end user to make it to run...  Grin

quite a lot, difficult to say would require a real planing and a real design thought from the beginning to incorporate various any type of algo (as well as API support and so on and the eventual dev fee everybody ask so they can remove it  Grin)

and actually it is the problem usually you are in a hurry to program a new algo and you won't take the time to rewrite things...

djm34 facebook page
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:20:01 AM

With "no speed improvements for the end user"Huh  I doubt it.
may be we should just release opencl file and ask the end user to make it to run...  Grin

quite a lot, difficult to say would require a real planing and a real design thought from the beginning to incorporate various any type of algo (as well as API support and so on and the eventual dev fee everybody ask so they can remove it  Grin)

and actually it is the problem usually you are in a hurry to program a new algo and you won't take the time to rewrite things...

What would you write it in?  C++, Python?

TorinT

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:01:26 AM

sgminer does not need rewrite. there still is much work with kernels
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:18:54 AM

sgminer does not need rewrite. there still is much work with kernels
thanks for your opinion, great leader of the revolution  Grin
(may-be once you will be done fiddling with x11 and code a new algo, you'll change your opinion)

djm34 facebook page
lokojones

Activity: 368

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:42:12 AM

Hi there

2 x r9 280x on win 8.1 14.4 catalyst and sgminer 4.1 - everything working smooth and nice - 3.3Mh
but ver 5.0.1 do not start, is crushing instantly?!downloaded from http://cryptomining-blog.com/3921-new-windows-binary-of-sgminer-5-0-1-master-branch/
but when tested on other pc with win 7 same drivers, works fine?! any clue, pls?

Another noob question, original realese from https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer/releases
dont contain .exe file - what I missing here? Could someone point me to working version ( i mean complete with .exe) 5.1 please - many thanks

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
    █████               █████████████▌
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
lokojones

Activity: 368

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:50:24 PM

Hi there

2 x r9 280x on win 8.1 14.4 catalyst and sgminer 4.1 - everything working smooth and nice - 3.3Mh
but ver 5.0.1 do not start, is crushing instantly?!downloaded from http://cryptomining-blog.com/3921-new-windows-binary-of-sgminer-5-0-1-master-branch/
but when tested on other pc with win 7 same drivers, works fine?! any clue, pls?

Another noob question, original realese from https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer/releases
dont contain .exe file - what I missing here? Could someone point me to working version ( i mean complete with .exe) 5.1 please - many thanks

No one want to contribute... come on guys... btw I still beleive in humanity:)

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:57:08 PM

Hi there

Take a look here for sgminer downloads: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.0
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:16:48 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 02:11:59 PM by kenshirothefist

Guys, why are you keeping this thread alive? All the excellent work that has been done by the OP author - lasybear and other developers has already been included in the "official" sgminer release (it's a community work, therefore I guess it can be called in any way, if you don't like "official" then it can be the "sgminer-dev" version). Information gets lost if it is kept in several separate threads, therefore I welcome you to discuss topics regarding sgminer and related stuff in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.0

If you agree, we could consider this thread closed and continue the debate here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.new#new
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:46:02 PM

Has anyone succeded in getting 2 GPUs -AMD 6950 \ 7970 working with X13 algo?
If so please show me your config file!

I've tried the kernel x13modold and it doesnt work...

any advice?Huh
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:34:04 AM

latest x13 optimisations are not compatible with 6xxx and 5xxx radeons
Best way is to run with -d switch - pointing to your 7970 and another instance using x13modold/marucoin-modold , again with -d but pointing to 6950 card
Best speed achieved by 6970 is ~ 1.4MH/s for x13
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 01:12:03 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 01:26:18 AM by K1773R

Has anyone succeded in getting 2 GPUs -AMD 6950 \ 7970 working with X13 algo?
If so please show me your config file!

I've tried the kernel x13modold and it doesnt work...

any advice?Huh
it does, even with 5??? cards
tell us what isnt working. provide more details.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:05:38 PM

More uptodate info on mods?

On these threads:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=854257.0

and

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.0
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: