Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:18:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
norcalanon707

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:57:57 AM

Our pro mod, mprep, has now deleted the Snowball pre-order thread. Thanks for that you piece of shit. I will be spamming the FUCK out of this thread now with Snowball information since he likes to censor everything we do. First it was offline staking, now it's the Snowball. Fuck you mprep. Your days as a mod here are numbered if you keep this shit up. Nobody likes you, you're terrible at what you do, and you are a nobody in alt coins. Stop fucking with people doing actual work. Keep stifling progress; that's what Bitcoin is all about  Roll Eyes

No, Not the SnowBall! I have tons of people interested....... Get a can of wasp bug spray (DO NOT SPRAY YOURSELF OR ANYONE) lift up the MMXIV2 Maieuticoin hood, and get the bugs out and lets get this show on the road! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!! With the New Snowball!!!...;-)

~NorCal
istvandv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:00:53 AM

Ok, I believe I have fixed the problem. For anyone who would like to use 1.0.3, redownload the entire blockchain and please report results

This is confirmed to work. You can also try reindexing, rather than redownloading the whole chain. Should produce the same result

good to hear, i just downloaded 1.0.3 and redownloading the blockchain now

really glad to see that coin control has been included in latest wallet

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
BitBD

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Crypto Maniac

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 06:45:35 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 07:10:21 AM by BitBD

Ok, I believe I have fixed the problem. For anyone who would like to use 1.0.3, redownload the entire blockchain and please report results

This is confirmed to work. You can also try reindexing, rather than redownloading the whole chain. Should produce the same result
I face same problem again....I dunno what to do?
Assertion failed.

Edit: now working with old wallet fine pending reward coming.

Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
Show me some love with bitcoin: 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
|Trade LTC, BTC with 20x Leverage at  OKCoin | visit: https://dikbazar.com  for best  deal.
istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:44:37 AM

good to hear, i just downloaded 1.0.3 and redownloading the blockchain now

really glad to see that coin control has been included in latest wallet

sych complete and got my first stake on wallet 1.0.3

by the way what does Option "minimize weight consumption" do?

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
sq

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 09:49:02 AM

Our pro mod, mprep, has now deleted the Snowball pre-order thread. Thanks for that you piece of shit. I will be spamming the FUCK out of this thread now with Snowball information since he likes to censor everything we do. First it was offline staking, now it's the Snowball. Fuck you mprep. Your days as a mod here are numbered if you keep this shit up. Nobody likes you, you're terrible at what you do, and you are a nobody in alt coins. Stop fucking with people doing actual work. Keep stifling progress; that's what Bitcoin is all about  Roll Eyes

Cool Cool

I Aint Stifler

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:11:15 AM

What does stake weight mean ?
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:26:57 PM

What does stake weight mean ?

I'm not totally sure about this but here goes.  I believe the network weight represents everyone currently staking their coins, and your weight is a portion of that based on the amount of coins you currently have staked.  It works kindof like your hashrate if you were mining - the more coins you have, the more weight you have, the more stake you generate.
Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:39:15 PM

Is there any more word on the ICO quoted at the following url?
http://mmxivcoin.com/forum/index.php/topic,2.0.html 
It's on the backburner for now while we work on the Snowball. We may or may not do the anonymous chain. The amount of interest in anonymous chains within the M community has faded significantly, so we are unsure as of right now
Ehhh, I have been buying so that I can swap for new coins. Now that launch is postponed, is the staking continuing beyond Nov1?
Please update the OP so it is clear to everyone what is happening and I can take action such as moving coins from exchange to wallet
for staking, instead of leaving them on the exchange for sending them to the burn address.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:52:43 PM

It's on the backburner for now while we work on the Snowball. We may or may not do the anonymous chain. The amount of interest in anonymous chains within the M community has faded significantly, so we are unsure as of right now
Ehhh, I have been buying so that I can swap for new coins. Now that launch is postponed, is the staking continuing beyond Nov1?
Please update the OP so it is clear to everyone what is happening and I can take action such as moving coins from exchange to wallet
for staking, instead of leaving them on the exchange for sending them to the burn address.

OP says offline staking will end Nov, 1st.  I understanding that to mean wallet staking will continue as normal. 

Cor2

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:03:41 PM

OP says offline staking will end Nov, 1st.  I understanding that to mean wallet staking will continue as normal. 
Ah, thanks!
That makes sense (since the offline staking was a central controlled feature) and our wallets are de-centralized.
Ouch - withdrawal fee on BitTrex is excessive: 50,000 Sat to withdraw - that in comparison to 140 Sat for Doge...
Who has contact with BitTrex to request lowering the withdrawal fee to a more reasonable amount?

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
ThePeePs

Activity: 350

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:04:39 AM

That is correct, if you keep your wallet open, your coins will stake as normal.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Mortimer452

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:43:06 PM

Ah, thanks!
That makes sense (since the offline staking was a central controlled feature) and our wallets are de-centralized.
Ouch - withdrawal fee on BitTrex is excessive: 50,000 Sat to withdraw - that in comparison to 140 Sat for Doge...
Who has contact with BitTrex to request lowering the withdrawal fee to a more reasonable amount?

You can submit a support ticket at Bittrex and ask, but it's unlikely this will change.  It needs to be pretty high so they don't get stuck paying part of the fee for you when you withdraw. 

The transaction fees for M are actually quite high compared to most other coins.  This is done intentionally to control inflation, since the coin has a 50% interest rate.  Without this high fee, which is destroyed rather than paid out to miners, the coin supply of M would grow very rapidly, decreasing the value of the coin.
I Aint Stifler

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:30:24 PM

Who is dumping almost 2 btc? Can you lower your sell price a bit more, so it would fill my buy order.
On a side note- Is 50% annually the max a person could stake? Even if very few people are staking their coins?
Cor2

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:53:17 PM

You can submit a support ticket at Bittrex and ask, but it's unlikely this will change.  It needs to be pretty high so they don't get stuck paying part of the fee for you when you withdraw. 

The transaction fees for M are actually quite high compared to most other coins.  This is done intentionally to control inflation, since the coin has a 50% interest rate.  Without this high fee, which is destroyed rather than paid out to miners, the coin supply of M would grow very rapidly, decreasing the value of the coin.
I checked the wallet and it takes a fee of 0.01M (about 25,000 Sat) to send, so BitTrex is doubling this fee and pocketing 25,000 Sat for a transaction, whereas other coins take a transaction fee (payment to the exchange) in the hundreds of Sat.

Another issue is that the wallet apparently is in error, it states:
"This transaction is over the size limit. You can still send it for a fee of 0.01 M which goes to the nodes that process your transaction and helps to support the network."
I know that this is the standard text, but instead of sending to miners (as the wallet claims and other coins do) this coin is destroying the transaction fees to reduce the 50% inflation it creates from Staking.
So, the wallet needs to be updated if I understand you correctly, to line up with the coin spec.

Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:59:21 PM

I checked the wallet and it takes a fee of 0.01M (about 25,000 Sat) to send, so BitTrex is doubling this fee and pocketing 25,000 Sat for a transaction, whereas other coins take a transaction fee (payment to the exchange) in the hundreds of Sat.

"This transaction is over the size limit. You can still send it for a fee of 0.01 M which goes to the nodes that process your transaction and helps to support the network."
I know that this is the standard text, but instead of sending to miners (as the wallet claims and other coins do) this coin is destroying the transaction fees to reduce the 50% inflation it creates from Staking.
So, the wallet needs to be updated if I understand you correctly, to line up with the coin spec.
It would also be nice if the message would state what the limit is to avoid a fee.
Cor2

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:52:44 PM

It would also be nice if the message would state what the limit is to avoid a fee.
The limit is likely zero, since I understand that this coin has a fixed fee of 0.01 coin for any transfer.
Since these details are not specified (that I could find), it is hard to know for sure though.

Cor2

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:04:50 PM

I have been searching through this thread to find a specification of the staking of this coin, since there is almost no info in the OP spec.
What I found was that staking starts after an input is 24 hours in the same address. My coins finally started staking, but it took the wallet much longer than 24h before it indicated that staking was enabled. Using the 24h and the 2 min block time, you'd expect that after 720 blocks the staking of an input will be enabled. In my case (one input in the wallet) it started displaying that staking was enabled after about 820 confirmations on that input, so about 3 hours too late. Is this a known deviation or is there a bug in the wallet?

Then I read that after 30 days in the same address, an input stops staking. It is not clear to me if that means that I need to move ALL my balance after 30 days or only the inputs that have not yet staked after 30 days (since staked inputs are considered new inputs) or that after 30 days the coins simply stop accumulating more weight, but will still stake with the existing weight (like most other PoS coins do)?

Then there is the issue of optimizing the chances of staking and the staking rewards - how much are they? There is nothing in the OP other than that it can be expected that there is almost 1% staking rewards for a 50% early interest. Good, but how is it rewarded - based on what?
I have other coins where you need to split them up in small inputs, because each input gets a fixed reward. If you leave your coin in one large input, it will only stake once every time it matures and give you one fixed reward. If you divide it into small amounts (there is a minimum for staking block size though) then you get as many times the same reward, once for each staking input.
Then there are coins which have a maximum reward per stake, so you don't want one single input because the reward will be capped to max and you need to split into multiple inputs to maximize the rewards.
I see no spec of the PoS workings of this coin in the OP other than a maturity period and some maximum that is not explained and I can't find it after 1 hour of searching either, so I hope someone here can give a few details how to optimize the PoS and hopefully it can be added to the OP.
Thanks!

Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:37:13 PM

The limit is likely zero, since I understand that this coin has a fixed fee of 0.01 coin for any transfer.
Since these details are not specified (that I could find), it is hard to know for sure though.
I suspect it is too, which leads me to wonder why the message always says I've exceeded the limit. If all transfers "exceed the limit" then why say so? Saying the transfer exceeds the limit implies there's an amount you can send with no fee, and if that is not the case it should be made clear what that is.

You are correct that there are many mysteries surrounding the details of how this coin works. I hope you can get us some answers, they do not make it easy.
Mortimer452

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:24:01 AM

From what I can tell, 0.01 M is just the minimum fee.  If I try to send 1 or 2 M it pops up telling me the fee is 0.01 M

Sending 5M costs 0.02 M
Sending 10M costs 0.03 M
Sending 15M costs 0.03 M
Sending 20M costs 0.04 M
Sending 25M costs 0.05 M
Sending 30M costs 0.07 M

Not sure what the formula is there, but like many coins, the transaction fee is higher for larger amounts.  0.02 for a withdrawal on Bittrex sounds like a damn good deal if you have > 5 M
Cor2

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:20:06 PM

I did not see a reply from the dev,
I fear that he is too busy launching the insta-mine Snowball coin,
but I am still interested in answers to the question about how to optimize staking.
My 4.4 M has now split in two blocks of 2.2 M after the first time staking and I have no clue
if it would help to assemble them into 1 block again or to leave them as two separate inputs.
BTW, I did calculate the compounded interest for my first stake if that would carry on for a year.
I took the percentage it earned, which was 0.1873% and the time it took (exactly 1.5 days) and
then calculated this over one year interest-on-interest and I arrived at 56%. Just FYI.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: