Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:51:22 PM

You can submit a support ticket at Bittrex and ask, but it's unlikely this will change.  It needs to be pretty high so they don't get stuck paying part of the fee for you when you withdraw. 

The transaction fees for M are actually quite high compared to most other coins.  This is done intentionally to control inflation, since the coin has a 50% interest rate.  Without this high fee, which is destroyed rather than paid out to miners, the coin supply of M would grow very rapidly, decreasing the value of the coin.
I checked the wallet and it takes a fee of 0.01M (about 25,000 Sat) to send, so BitTrex is doubling this fee and pocketing 25,000 Sat for a transaction, whereas other coins take a transaction fee (payment to the exchange) in the hundreds of Sat.

Another issue is that the wallet apparently is in error, it states:
"This transaction is over the size limit. You can still send it for a fee of 0.01 M which goes to the nodes that process your transaction and helps to support the network."
I know that this is the standard text, but instead of sending to miners (as the wallet claims and other coins do) this coin is destroying the transaction fees to reduce the 50% inflation it creates from Staking.
So, the wallet needs to be updated if I understand you correctly, to line up with the coin spec.

From what I can tell, 0.01 M is just the minimum fee.  If I try to send 1 or 2 M it pops up telling me the fee is 0.01 M

Sending 5M costs 0.02 M
Sending 10M costs 0.03 M
Sending 15M costs 0.03 M
Sending 20M costs 0.04 M
Sending 25M costs 0.05 M
Sending 30M costs 0.07 M

Not sure what the formula is there, but like many coins, the transaction fee is higher for larger amounts.  0.02 for a withdrawal on Bittrex sounds like a damn good deal if you have > 5 M

I expect that an exchange make a lot of money from .... exchanging coins, not from transmitting them. So, if it offsets (most) of their cost then that would be fine. The trading fee is usually about 0.5% between seller and buyer, so 30 M coins delivers a gain of 0.15 M and the loss of 0.05 transmit fee would not be too bad. Especially since many people leave their coins on the exchange and trade regularly.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Cor2

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:53:52 PM

Since the dev is not responding and probably too busy with his next coin and even after searching and asking, I did not get answers, I think the next best thing is to sell my coins as I originally bought them on the announcement of a coin swap but that has since been cancelled and replaced by an insta-mine. As you can tell, I am not happy.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Cor2

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:54:35 PM

What a way to start the 100th page of this thread.... (see previous posts)

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 12:09:08 AM

Since the dev is not responding and probably too busy with his next coin and even after searching and asking, I did not get answers, I think the next best thing is to sell my coins as I originally bought them on the announcement of a coin swap but that has since been cancelled and replaced by an insta-mine. As you can tell, I am not happy.

I wasn't ignoring anyone, I was banned for posting about the staking hardware we are selling because mprep is a jackass. Thanks for talking shit while I couldn't respond, though. That's nice to come back to

We have not put in fancy limiters to the staking like a lot of coins. Personally, I move mine once a month spread across several addresses. This is not for me to make the most, but to ensure blocks keep moving. I would not take someone else's advice on how to stake my own coins, so I won't offer my own personal suggestion

Your method is earning you 56% yearly, which is higher than estimated returns; stick to what you're doing. But you probably sold them already since my being banned meant I was ignoring you personally, so this post is probably in vain anyway

Fees are calculated by transaction size, not coin amount, as they are with every coin ever. I will look at changing the popup box dialog, but if that is your main concern, and think small UI issues like that, deserve our attention above everything else we have going on, you're going to be disappointed

Cor2

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:00:54 AM

I wasn't ignoring anyone, I was banned for posting about the staking hardware we are selling because mprep is a <expletive deleted>
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, this explains why I got no response.
We have not put in fancy limiters to the staking like a lot of coins. Personally, I move mine once a month spread across several addresses. This is not for me to make the most, but to ensure blocks keep moving. I would not take someone else's advice on how to stake my own coins, so I won't offer my own personal suggestion
But I was explicitly looking for your opinion on optimization, because there is no way that I can know about limitations such as minimum weights needed for staking, maximum weight that can be accumulated, max rewards or simply whether the wallet continues to divide the inputs up further and further, creating dust or - as so many other wallets - occasionally re-combines all staking-elegible inputs into one large input again, "sweeping up the dust" so to say. For example SYNC will do this once inputs have divided down to reach 0.01 SYNC.
Your method is earning you 56% yearly, which is higher than estimated returns; stick to what you're doing. But you probably sold them already since my being banned meant I was ignoring you personally, so this post is probably in vain anyway
not at all, only it does not answer most of my questions ;-)
The fact that the *first* stake is going well, does not guarantee continued success, because the value of the inputs are changing with every time staking...
Fees are calculated by transaction size, not coin amount, as they are with every coin ever. I will look at changing the popup box dialog, but if that is your main concern, and think small UI issues like that, deserve our attention above everything else we have going on, you're going to be disappointed
I can live with inconsistencies, just wanted to report to you and add to the known bug list so it can be patched in one of the future releases if you so feel inclined. Good to know that fees only depend on size of the transaction - so unless you have many small inputs in your wallet, you can transfer for a low fee - another reason to keep the nr of inputs down. Is the wallet at some point limiting dividing the output of the staking when the amounts get very small?

ThePeePs

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:30:36 AM

There is a HUGE sell wall up on Bittrex right now, great time to buy or mine on the Multipool!!

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I Aint Stifler

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:23:46 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 07:42:57 AM by I Aint Stifler

There is a HUGE sell wall up on Bittrex right now, great time to buy or mine on the Multipool!!

https://i.imgur.com/xQNKhmx.png
That's almost 10% of the total coins.

Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:09:25 AM

Since it looks like the raffle is canceled, can I get my coins back?
Cor2

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:10:07 AM

That's almost 10% of the total coins. Looks like someone needs to pay their bills badly!!!
Naaa - if they needed money *badly* then they would dump. The sell wall is there to catch max price for anyone willing to buy.
Since then, the trading has gone down to half that price with only small volume. To support (and catch any dumps) I have placed a nice buy wall just below that, so we should have some price stability unless someone starts to move big volume!

Phosphorous

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:13:24 AM

Need help! I think my coins got lost. Since it's the end of the month it's time to Send to Bittrex and back. Wallet said I had almost 30M so I tried to send the whole balance. I got an error message that said it failed (Wish I had written it down), and the balance zero'd out. I gave it another hour and I noticed my balance was 0.398xxx, so I sent that to Bittrex and it succeeded, I can see it on Bittrex. But there's no trace of the initial 30M on Bittrex at all, and I do a getinfo and it says my balance is 0.0000.

Not sure what happened. Blockchain.cc says I have about 25.6 M (what happened to the other ~4?). When I look at the blockchain transactions I see the 0.398 withdrawal but not the 30M withdrawal.

Are my coins gone for good?
Cor2

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:50:12 AM

Need help! I think my coins got lost. Since it's the end of the month it's time to Send to Bittrex and back. Wallet said I had almost 30M so I tried to send the whole balance. I got an error message that said it failed (Wish I had written it down), and the balance zero'd out. I gave it another hour and I noticed my balance was 0.398xxx, so I sent that to Bittrex and it succeeded, I can see it on Bittrex. But there's no trace of the initial 30M on Bittrex at all, and I do a getinfo and it says my balance is 0.0000.

Not sure what happened. Blockchain.cc says I have about 25.6 M (what happened to the other ~4?). When I look at the blockchain transactions I see the 0.398 withdrawal but not the 30M withdrawal.

Are my coins gone for good?

Your coins are safe, since the blockchain says they are in your wallet, only your wallet is confused because it tried to send but did not get confirmation, that is why it still shows a questionmark at the transaction.
You can first try to do a "repairwallet" command in the debug window.
If that does not help, you can close the wallet application and restart it,
if that still does not help then the ultimate is to close the wallet application, rename the wallet.dat to something else and copy your previous backup of wallet.dat in the place, then restart the wallet application. It will not know of the uncussesful transfer but simply look at the block chain and find your coins again. I hope you do have a backup of your wallet.dat.

The 4 coins that you are missing in your address are likely in *another* address in your wallet, since the block chain only gives you the balance of a single address. If you sent coins but your wallet had an input that was larger than the amount you sent, then there is "change" just like when you pay for a $3 item with a $20 bill. Your wallet will send that change to a random new address in your wallet,
unless you can enable "custom change address" in the Send screen and fill out your wallet address, so the change gets sent to the same address and your balance in *that* address does not go down with the size of the original input, but only with the amount that you paid, because the change goes back into that address.
You can enable "Coin Control" and open that screen in the Send tab. I think you can see the addresses used (I don't have the wallet running on this PC, so can't check). You can check the box in front of every address that is not your wallet's address and send it to your wallet address, then the balance on the block chain should be equal to your wallet balance again.
Hope this is clear.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 08:04:53 AM

Sure, PM me an address. What Cor2 answered to your other question is exactly the steps, in order, that I would also suggest. They aren't lost, we will help you find them

Same for anyone else that wants their raffle entries refunded

Cor2, I'm not ignoring your questions. I'm waiting to hear back from someone more experienced with staking so I don't give out any bad suggestions since I set up my own staking to ensure blocks move smoothly instead of for max profit. Btw, thanks for trying to help Phosphorus

Cor2

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:33:44 AM

Cor2, I'm not ignoring your questions. I'm waiting to hear back from someone more experienced with staking so I don't give out any bad suggestions since I set up my own staking to ensure blocks move smoothly instead of for max profit. Btw, thanks for trying to help Phosphorus
NP. I have quite a bit experience in staking different coins since beginning this year (ORB, SYNC, HYP) and have read up a lot about how Crypto works, so I generally understand which part does what, have studied how the block chain behaves and understand the concept of private keys and trustless transactions, so I can help to suggest the steps to fix any problems - I have had to do these for myself too often already and made numerous mistakes, so I have an idea what works and what does not.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 10:03:34 AM

NP. I have quite a bit experience in staking different coins since beginning this year (ORB, SYNC, HYP) and have read up a lot about how Crypto works, so I generally understand which part does what, have studied how the block chain behaves and understand the concept of private keys and trustless transactions, so I can help to suggest the steps to fix any problems - I have had to do these for myself too often already and made numerous mistakes, so I have an idea what works and what does not.

Lol, most of the tips I'm able to now give to other people are issues I have run across myself. Trial by fire and all that

ThePeePs

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:19:00 PM

Lets empower the pool to eat that sell wall!  I would love to see some huge numbers tomorrow.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Phosphorous

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:06:01 PM

Lets empower the pool to eat that sell wall!  I would love to see some huge numbers tomorrow.
Empower me by giving me BTC and I will buy M with it.
Phosphorous

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:15:54 PM

Sure, PM me an address. What Cor2 answered to your other question is exactly the steps, in order, that I would also suggest. They aren't lost, we will help you find them

Thanks for the advice, but it isn't working. I ran repair wallet and I got most of the coins to reappear in the wallet. But every time I try to send the coins to Bittrex I get the following error, and when I repair wallet the amount is always lower.

ThePeePs

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:37:45 PM

FYI, the website for the Multipool will be unavailable on port 80 for a while, but is still available on port 8082 (http://pool.mmxivcoin.com:8082)

I will let you know when port 80 will be available again.

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ThePeePs

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:38:46 PM

Empower me by giving me BTC and I will buy M with it.

If i had spare BTC I'd be buying up that wall myself!

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 07:53:30 PM

Thanks for the advice, but it isn't working. I ran repair wallet and I got most of the coins to reappear in the wallet. But every time I try to send the coins to Bittrex I get the following error, and when I repair wallet the amount is always lower.

Try moving your private keys to a fresh wallet

Prior to that, you can try salvagewallet, but make sure you back it up first

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: