Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:09:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer  (Read 387448 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:44:49 PM

It's still possible of course that we're dealing with some sort of ultra-intelligent sociopath who's planning on pulling a Gox level scam down the road and this is just him laying the ground work. The thing about that is we would never be able to tell the difference anyway at this point and you could say the same about anyone who appears to be honestly running any large project. I doubt that is the case though personally.

Based on jl777's posts, I think jl777's motivations are primarily ideological, not financial

note: I am invested in jl777 projects

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:21:32 PM

It's still possible of course that we're dealing with some sort of ultra-intelligent sociopath who's planning on pulling a Gox level scam down the road and this is just him laying the ground work. The thing about that is we would never be able to tell the difference anyway at this point and you could say the same about anyone who appears to be honestly running any large project. I doubt that is the case though personally.

Based on jl777's posts, I think jl777's motivations are primarily ideological, not financial

note: I am invested in jl777 projects

Yes, I agree. That seems to be the case. He's very passionate about his views and often gets off track with long anti-authoritarian rants and tirades against fiat. lol Tongue

He seems to view superNET as a way to get the world away from fiat. "Unite disparate cryptocurrencies by fostering collaboration" is how he puts it. Makes sense, I hope the technological part can come together.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:25:53 PM

Here is the one-week resolution chart for Litecoin vs Yuan from the liquid OKCoin exchange. Note that the rightmost candle, which just started its week, is relatively close to the resistance line that I drew from the December 2013 peak. It would be notable if LTC punches up through this trendline as did Dogecoin recently.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:37:35 PM

I reiterated my previous proposal for matching exchanges in BTC/ALT trade.

By checking the link, you have all the information required to make this happen in your favorite alt
- in a week,
- no coding skills or investments (except your time) are required, and the
- result will make the alt's in question liquidity go up in the factor of 5x-10x when the largest holders have joined the system.

The incentive for them to join is
- negative trading fees,
- increased liquidity of their investment, and
- 90-95% less funds at a systemic counterparty risk compared to trading in an exchange that has 100% guarantee requirement of customer assets (all 24/7 exchanges except ones with leverage).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:26:55 PM

Sending out long-term buy signals on Quark (QRK) right now...

https://twitter.com/thefunkybits/status/511412806647046144

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:38:13 PM

I have to say that I became interested in Quark due to the user digitalindustry promoting it. Unfortunately my conclusions do not support investing into it, since the research confirmed my earlier belief that it is a p&d-coin with a small early community of large holders, a somewhat large "community" of bagholders from the last year's pump, and the coin is in many ways not even secure Sad

Details.

I am not saying whether it is a good pump now or not, but the long-term value of the coin is zero.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:33:58 PM

I have to say that I became interested in Quark due to the user digitalindustry promoting it. Unfortunately my conclusions do not support investing into it, since the research confirmed my earlier belief that it is a p&d-coin with a small early community of large holders, a somewhat large "community" of bagholders from the last year's pump, and the coin is in many ways not even secure Sad

Details.

I am not saying whether it is a good pump now or not, but the long-term value of the coin is zero.

Fair enough, I would agree that the long-term value proposition is shaky, but I think it's a great mid-term hold (2-6 months)

What draws me to QRK is the fact that the total supply (247 Million) has already been mined and only 1 Million per year will be released to incentivize the network and anyone mining this will be doing so at a loss until the price starts to rise.

For me - a small fish investor, I can't help but get in on the pump!
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:38:34 AM

XMR has been stable for a while, and in crypo a long period of a stable price usually means a spike is coming.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:55:22 AM

The first question that comes to mind is how does one prevent the transfer of the bergstake?

its not a currency, its locked onto the original address,  so only way to transfer is to share the private-key. 

So what happens when the original bergstake holders die? I can see an attack here. Sell heavily discounted mining equipment to people with very low life expectancy, wait for them to die and then launch the attack.

it becomes an inheritance. seriously, if this is the only attack, we are in great shape!

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:55:04 AM

XPOST from failed reboot thread:
Viacoin.  This is the only alt besides monero that I'm currently watching and take seriously.  Another smart coin developed by btcdrak in the same vein as counterparty but without all the btc drama that comes with it.  Peter Todd was hired to help with the design and is going to be implementing tree chains into the Viacoin network which he believes will solve the 51% attack problem.

You can find the relevant info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.0

The developers bring the same level of quality and commitment that the monero developers have brought to XMR imo.

Here is the live stream recorded of Peter Todd, BTCdrak, and many others discussion VIAcoin and Treechains...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8hTbfKAhfE

Also looks like Peter Todd is implementing "frozen coin" to VIA and BTC!  hugeee

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/510360423770898432

Let's add up VIA's score:

1. Is the coin delivering a relevant technological breakthrough as the first legitimate instance of the code?
++yes - 2 points (clearinghouse and treechains)

2. Does the coin have a developer team of several people, with at least 2 public people?
++Yes - 2 points (Peter Todd, Grynn San, and drak are well known)

3. Is the software open source?
++Yes - 2 points (https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin)

4. Involvement of Bitcoin whales/legendaries/hero members?
++Yes, so much that it inspires both awe and hate - 2 points (Otoh, Peter Todd, and myself)

5. What % of the eventual market cap is held by the 3 largest staked devs?
++<3% - 2 points (http://www.richlist.eu/viacoin)

6. Was there a premine/instamine/ninjamine/..?
++0-1% - 2 points (presale of Block One was exemplary and successfully prevented insta/ninja/nerd mines)

7. What % of coins are mined in the first year?
++<20% - 2 points (http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/07/07/viacoin-distribution-model.html)

8. Was there lying/deception at any point in the launch, eg. concerning pre(etc.)mine?
++no - 2 points (http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/07/08/viacoin-presale-launch.html)

9. What's the marketcap?(* free float only)
+TOP-20 marketcap - 1 point (#14 at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined/)

10. What's the trading volume?
-less - 0 points

11. What's the emission (daily inflation measured by mktvalue)?
-less - 0 points

VIA tally = 17 Pietila Points

Monero tally = 18   Cool

VIA loses points for being small, but a tiny cap doubles more easily...

-less - 0 points

Cheesy Trading volume will be huge when it is listed on Mintpal in the near future.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:36:46 AM

XPOST from failed reboot thread:
Viacoin.  This is the only alt besides monero that I'm currently watching and take seriously.  Another smart coin developed by btcdrak in the same vein as counterparty but without all the btc drama that comes with it.  Peter Todd was hired to help with the design and is going to be implementing tree chains into the Viacoin network which he believes will solve the 51% attack problem.

You can find the relevant info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.0

The developers bring the same level of quality and commitment that the monero developers have brought to XMR imo.

Here is the live stream recorded of Peter Todd, BTCdrak, and many others discussion VIAcoin and Treechains...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8hTbfKAhfE

Also looks like Peter Todd is implementing "frozen coin" to VIA and BTC!  hugeee

https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/510360423770898432

Let's add up VIA's score:

1. Is the coin delivering a relevant technological breakthrough as the first legitimate instance of the code?
++yes - 2 points (clearinghouse and treechains)

2. Does the coin have a developer team of several people, with at least 2 public people?
++Yes - 2 points (Peter Todd, Grynn San, and drak are well known)

3. Is the software open source?
++Yes - 2 points (https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin)

4. Involvement of Bitcoin whales/legendaries/hero members?
++Yes, so much that it inspires both awe and hate - 2 points (Otoh, Peter Todd, and myself)

5. What % of the eventual market cap is held by the 3 largest staked devs?
++<3% - 2 points (http://www.richlist.eu/viacoin)

6. Was there a premine/instamine/ninjamine/..?
++0-1% - 2 points (presale of Block One was exemplary and successfully prevented insta/ninja/nerd mines)

7. What % of coins are mined in the first year?
++<20% - 2 points (http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/07/07/viacoin-distribution-model.html)

8. Was there lying/deception at any point in the launch, eg. concerning pre(etc.)mine?
++no - 2 points (http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/07/08/viacoin-presale-launch.html)

9. What's the marketcap?(* free float only)
+TOP-20 marketcap - 1 point (#14 at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined/)

-less - 0 points

11. What's the emission (daily inflation measured by mktvalue)?
-less - 0 points

VIA tally = 17 Pietila Points

Monero tally = 18   Cool

VIA loses points for being small, but a tiny cap doubles more easily...

-less - 0 points

Cheesy Trading volume will be huge when it is listed on Mintpal in the near future.

Can you tell me what is the reason I should buy it. You already know what I regard as a reason...

equipoise

Activity: 794

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 10:58:44 AM

The Moment of Truth - Assange, Dotcom and Snowden talk against surveillance in New Zealand. Movements had started around the world and internet privacy will receive increased attention over time. This is interconnected with XMR, I2P and privacy tech in general. The Moment of Truth

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
johnmatrix

Activity: 371

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:00:15 PM

XMR has been stable for a while, and in crypo a long period of a stable price usually means a spike is coming.

Yeah but it's hard to say whether it's going to be up or down.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:29:44 PM

Just heard of ViaCoin, Read this part.

On 11th August, the viacoin development team announced new details regarding ClearingHouse’s internal currency, XCH, and information on how users can exchange viacoins for the new currency. Notably, a new Web-based client interface that implements the ClearingHouse protocol, Clearwallet, was also made public.

But isn't this CounterParty protocol, not ClearingHouse protocol?

Isn't the 'new' ClearWallet a rebranded CounterWallet ?  Seems a bit disingenuous.

Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:35:20 PM

Yes, there must be a reason why we have not gone lower. The longterm uptrend looks very solid and real to me. Especially with Monero featured on LetsTalkBitcoin. This podcast will hopefully lead to people researching and finding out the truth about XMR.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:06:30 PM

Just heard of ViaCoin, Read this part.

On 11th August, the viacoin development team announced new details regarding ClearingHouse’s internal currency, XCH, and information on how users can exchange viacoins for the new currency. Notably, a new Web-based client interface that implements the ClearingHouse protocol, Clearwallet, was also made public.

But isn't this CounterParty protocol, not ClearingHouse protocol?

Isn't the 'new' ClearWallet a rebranded CounterWallet ?  Seems a bit disingenuous.

I was under the impression that the whole point of VIA was to recreate Counterparty. I'm not sure what they plan to improve upon though.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:06:47 PM

I was under the impression that the whole point of VIA was to recreate Counterparty. I'm not sure what they plan to improve upon though.

The selection of beneficiaries?

But seriously, my impression is that they are pushing the ball forward on side-chains, big-time.  I haven't tracked it, but that's what they paid Peter Todd to do.  Getting all that work out into the public, so that people can innovate on it, is super helpful.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
pa

Activity: 528

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:07:42 PM

But seriously, my impression is that they are pushing the ball forward on side-chains, big-time.  I haven't tracked it, but that's what they paid Peter Todd to do.  Getting all that work out into the public, so that people can innovate on it, is super helpful.

In a recent video interview on VIA, PT sounded surprisingly pessimistic about whether tree-chains could be made to work. It's possible that's just false modesty, though.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686

Stephen Reed

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:48:38 PM

In a recent video interview on VIA, PT sounded surprisingly pessimistic about whether tree-chains could be made to work. It's possible that's just false modesty, though.
I did not see the interview, but be careful to distinguish between side-chains and tree-chains. The former is a method of funding a new crytpocurrency from sequested bitcoins. A side chain is not mined rather it gets its value from the sequestered bitcoins. The sidechain is a public ledger but is not the bitcoin blockchain and can accept different sorts of transactions that does bitcoin. A tree chain is a method of mining bitcoins such that attacks are more difficult. Tree chains use the bitcoin blockchain and no other. Peter Todd is most interested in tree chains. Adam Back is most interested in side chains. Both ideas require changes to Bitcoin Core and those developers are conservative with regard to radical changes unless their paid staffing increases - I think.

Accelerating Bitcoin’s Transaction Processing, Fast Money Grows on Trees, Not Chains
pa

Activity: 528

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:38:13 AM

I saw this on the Anoncoin thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg8828214#msg8828214

It sounds like their dev is getting close to integrating Zerocoin with Anoncoin. He says he'll have it ready in a month or two. How would Anoncoin/Zerocoin compare with Monero in terms of privacy and utility?
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 »
  Print  

Jump to: