Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:03:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer  (Read 387452 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 04:13:07 AM

HUGE news on the Via/Clearinghouse front:

ePeso is in testnet, in an attempt to become the official e-currency of the Philippines!

Zynga has wisely abandoned crappy Counterpary and is building their Poker on VIA/XCH instead.  They are also considering following Overstock's move to issue shares on that blockchain.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:38:31 PM

ePeso is in testnet, in an attempt to become the official e-currency of the Philippines!

Zynga has wisely abandoned crappy Counterpary and is building their Poker on VIA/XCH instead.  They are also considering following Overstock's move to issue shares on that blockchain.

What's viacoin/clearinghouse? Give me the short rundown if you want to.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:33:09 PM

Clearinghouse is a Counterparty clone, code divorced from Bitcoin and married to an altcoin (VIA). If Zynga really adopts them all VIA/XCH bag-holders are going to the moon.
Jungian
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:06:05 PM

Clearinghouse is a Counterparty clone, code divorced from Bitcoin and married to an altcoin (VIA). If Zynga really adopts them all VIA/XCH bag-holders are going to the moon.

Why the hell would they use that?

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1107

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:13:03 PM

I can't find any statement by Zynga or anyone who works there that they are actually planning to use it. Someone have a link?
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:37:17 PM

Zynga has wisely abandoned crappy Counterpary and is building their Poker on VIA/XCH instead.  They are also considering following Overstock's move to issue shares on that blockchain.

I can't find any statement by Zynga or anyone who works there that they are actually planning to use it. Someone have a link?

Here's some info:
http://www.spookycoins.com/tag/zynga-and-viacoin/

And then the charts exploded, 300% growth in two hours:
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bittrex/viabtc

As somebody said, people are buying the wrong altcoin, XCH will (may)be actually used in Zynga Poker, making it the most massively used cryptocurrency.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:14:54 AM

I thought zynga was dead already.
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:22:09 AM

XCurrency and BlockNET seem to be solid investments these days
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:02:26 AM

i just went all in

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:04:15 AM

i just went all in

Seeing "all in" next to "investment" always cracks me up.  Pre-crypto I thought "all in" was just a poker term
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:52:41 AM

i just went all in

Seeing "all in" next to "investment" always cracks me up.  Pre-crypto I thought "all in" was just a poker term

i can play more than one hand?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 03:41:07 AM

Zynga first approached Counterparty, but it is much too slow so that approach failed.  VIA/XCH has 24 second blocks, and so is perfect for poker.

Zynga dude is following VIA guy on Twitter, while Official Confirmation will probably take months, because Reasons and stuff.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:17:24 AM

Seeing "all in" next to "investment" always cracks me up.  Pre-crypto I thought "all in" was just a poker term

Heh.  If you're playing an "all in" bet, you're giving up any possibility of playing another hand if you lose. 

"All in" means, in poker, that you're losing.  An "all in bet" is something that somebody who is playing a smarter game never ever has to do, and every time players are driven to do it, they are one hand of cards away - literally the luck of a single draw - from losing everything they've got.  

In the long run skill dominates luck.  Anybody can win or lose a single hand, but the skilful players win just a bit more often, or when they've bet just a bit more, or lose when they've bet just a bit less, consistently.  If skill isn't on your side, sooner or later you wind up making all-in bets and hoping to get lucky on just one hand.  It can work once or even twice, but  if skill *still* isn't on your side, you get stuck in that situation again and again and again.... until luck isn't on your side either.  And then your game is over.
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:06:19 AM

i just went all in

Going all in on something that has "potential failure" written all over it, like BlockNET have, is suicidal IMHO. Just take a look at their thread, for a start it's self-moderated. That should be enough, but if it isn't look at how all reasonable concerns are treated as FUD, and either deleted or down-voiced by a bunch of greedy noobs looking for a quick 10% profit. If they don't end in disaster it will be a surprise.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:05:55 PM

Seeing "all in" next to "investment" always cracks me up.  Pre-crypto I thought "all in" was just a poker term

Heh.  If you're playing an "all in" bet, you're giving up any possibility of playing another hand if you lose. 

"All in" means, in poker, that you're losing.  An "all in bet" is something that somebody who is playing a smarter game never ever has to do, and every time players are driven to do it, they are one hand of cards away - literally the luck of a single draw - from losing everything they've got.  

In the long run skill dominates luck.  Anybody can win or lose a single hand, but the skilful players win just a bit more often, or when they've bet just a bit more, or lose when they've bet just a bit less, consistently.  If skill isn't on your side, sooner or later you wind up making all-in bets and hoping to get lucky on just one hand.  It can work once or even twice, but  if skill *still* isn't on your side, you get stuck in that situation again and again and again.... until luck isn't on your side either.  And then your game is over.

If a person has cash flow, and/or ability to take debt, optimum bet may even be higher than 100% of the current bankroll.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
itod
Legendary

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:58:24 PM

If a person has cash flow, and/or ability to take debt, optimum bet may even be higher than 100% of the current bankroll.

Being "all in" and having a cash flow into a business are mutually exclusive, If you are "all in" you can't flow anything in by definition. I would like to see an example where it is reasonable strategy without being willing to take 0 output outcome as a result, except when the system is rigged of course.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:46:57 PM

Summary:

SuperNet  Smiley

BlockNet  Angry
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 06:54:59 PM

Being "all in" and having a cash flow into a business are mutually exclusive, If you are "all in" you can't flow anything in by definition. I would like to see an example where it is reasonable strategy without being willing to take 0 output outcome as a result, except when the system is rigged of course.

According to your definition, As long as the person has any degrees of freedom left after losing an all-in bet, it is not truly all in. So only russian roulette is all-in.

In the same or different thread, we were considering that if you have a situation where you can roll D6 only once, and with P=1/2, you win 10 times your bet, with P=1/3, you get it back, and with P=1/6 you lose it, how much would you wager?

In this case, many young and able people with limited net worth would reasonably consider betting all and even going into debt.

(If not, then why the hell is anyone taking a mortgage for a house that likewise includes the possibility that you lose everything, but there is no possibility for any significant gain.)

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:07:11 PM

Zynga first approached Counterparty, but it is much too slow so that approach failed.  VIA/XCH has 24 second blocks, and so is perfect for poker.

What do you mean, why would confirmation times being faster be important especially for poker?
Jungian
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:54:25 PM

Zynga first approached Counterparty, but it is much too slow so that approach failed.  VIA/XCH has 24 second blocks, and so is perfect for poker.

What do you mean, why would confirmation times being faster be important especially for poker?

This is my question too.

Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 »
  Print  

Jump to: