Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:04:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308357 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:28:07 PM

Is there a cap on the speed of an individual device when running BFGMiner in proxy mode?  When I connect my S3 to the proxy, my speed runs at about 250 GH/s for the device, if I connect directly to GHASH it runs over 450 GH/s.

9 hours connected to BFGMiner proxy mode:

Directly connected to GHASH for over 3 days:

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:37:21 PM

Is there a cap on the speed of an individual device when running BFGMiner in proxy mode?  When I connect my S3 to the proxy, my speed runs at about 250 GH/s for the device, if I connect directly to GHASH it runs over 450 GH/s.
It's possible the device cannot keep up at difficulty 1 (the default). Try using --set pxy:diff=128 or such.

pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 08:16:57 PM

It's possible the device cannot keep up at difficulty 1 (the default). Try using --set pxy:diff=128 or such.
I have been in the "market" for a proxy miner, and this can be my prayers answered since I already run bfgminer for my usb hashers, but would like to add my S3's to it to "focus" my mining might.

For the case of ghash, it is OK to have the option to set the difficulty on the command line with, e.g --set pxy:diff=128, since you can set your worker difficulty poolside to whatever you want (so long as it is above 32).

For other pools though, e.g slush, the difficulty is set dynamically dependent on your speed, so the question is: Is it possible to flag bfgminer in proxy mode to pass on the difficulty to the connected rigs dynamically too?

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:35:13 PM

I have been in the "market" for a proxy miner, and this can be my prayers answered since I already run bfgminer for my usb hashers, but would like to add my S3's to it to "focus" my mining might.

For the case of ghash, it is OK to have the option to set the difficulty on the command line with, e.g --set pxy:diff=128, since you can set your worker difficulty poolside to whatever you want (so long as it is above 32).

For other pools though, e.g slush, the difficulty is set dynamically dependent on your speed, so the question is: Is it possible to flag bfgminer in proxy mode to pass on the difficulty to the connected rigs dynamically too?
Not currently. However, if the upstream (pool) difficulty is lower than the one configured, it will be used to avoid losing shares.
So in effect, you'd get the behaviour you want with eg --set pxy:diff=100000000

pekatete

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 09:43:43 PM

Not currently. However, if the upstream (pool) difficulty is lower than the one configured, it will be used to avoid losing shares.
I am possibly missing something very obvious, but wouldn't setting the proxy diff to a large abstract number then instruct the connected rigs to only submit shares larger than that number to the proxy, thus the rigs discarding (not sure whether that is the correct term) otherwise valid shares?
On another but related note, I remember reading somewhere that the maximum diff size (due to a design oversight?) is 1024, or was that P2Pool only and now resolved?

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:21:59 PM

I am possibly missing something very obvious, but wouldn't setting the proxy diff to a large abstract number then instruct the connected rigs to only submit shares larger than that number to the proxy, thus the rigs discarding (not sure whether that is the correct term) otherwise valid shares?
Yes, but BFGMiner actually uses the lower of the configured diff and the upstream diff.
So, if the pool wants 128 and you have configured 1000, BFGMiner will actually use 128.

On another but related note, I remember reading somewhere that the maximum diff size (due to a design oversight?) is 1024, or was that P2Pool only and now resolved?
Neither stratum nor GBT specify any maximum diff.

pekatete

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 10:46:02 PM

Yes, but BFGMiner actually uses the lower of the configured diff and the upstream diff.
So, if the pool wants 128 and you have configured 1000, BFGMiner will actually use 128.
Thanks for taking the time to clarify, though I am not sure I can get my brain around it.
1. The intital query (not from me) had a proxy upstream diff of 1024 but the rig was submiting diff 1 shares - (I guess because the proxy did not ask for a diff which you suggested to set at 128, or any higher number)
2. If I set the proxy diff at that high number via commandline, my understanding (and this is where I could have got myself in a twist) is that the proxy will ask the rigs to submit ONLY shares above or equal to that diff. In which case, if I were to set it very high, then the rigs will discard anything not equal to or higher than that very high number, which high number could actually be a lot higher (by a magnitude if I set it to 1000000) than the diff requested by the pool, resulting in the rigs discarding and NOT submiting perfectly OK shares to the proxy.

That is where I believe there could be issues with dynamic diff setting pools, however, I'll give it a shot tomorow when I am fresh and see what I reap.

ScriptProdigy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:11:44 PM

Still waiting on word for possible support of AntMiner S3's. Anyone have an idea?
zyberguy

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:51:01 PM

How can I use bfgminer with rockminer T1? It has a specific controller. How to connect it with other system, like PC or RpI.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:00:34 AM

How can I use bfgminer with rockminer T1? It has a specific controller. How to connect it with other system, like PC or RpI.
Run BFGMiner with --stratum-port 3333
Then point your T1 controller at the PC's IP and that port, with a unique username.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:42:34 AM

What driver set would we use for the Avalon Nanos?
I am not sure as it does not seem to use the standard sets.

erm1n

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:14:31 AM

I need help. It happens on some pools that i´ve been disconnected.. The miner mines a while ~3 minutes and my hashrate is goind down.
http://s9.postimg.org/mq59filsr/dif.jpg

I'm using bfgminer 4.2.2. for Zeusminer. ( Fury 1,3 MH )
ScriptProdigy

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:03:45 AM

Need drivers for AntMiner S3's bad.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:10:56 AM

Don't even have a S3 here...

Taugeran

Activity: 658

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:21:26 AM

S1 driver is somewhere on my todo list as free time permits. still waiting on "modified" hardware to arrive to allow easier dev time

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
ScriptProdigy

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:49:15 PM

Don't even have a S3 here...
Can probably give you access to one if you need it.
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:56:13 PM

S1 driver is somewhere on my todo list as free time permits. still waiting on "modified" hardware to arrive to allow easier dev time

Not sure if it helps, but someone posted the code modification they did to a driver in the CGMiner thread to make it work with it.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:13:09 AM

Hello - Does anyone know if the Gridseed G-black will work with BFGMiner 4.8.0?  I am getting one soon and am running this version with my other Gridseed products.

nwoolls

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 02:51:37 AM

Hello - Does anyone know if the Gridseed G-black will work with BFGMiner 4.8.0?  I am getting one soon and am running this version with my other Gridseed products.

I've forwarded this question onto my contacts at GridSeed and X-Hash to see if they can answer.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:40:35 PM

I've forwarded this question onto my contacts at GridSeed and X-Hash to see if they can answer.

Thank you nwoolls - I will anxiously await your response.  - pokeytex

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: