Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:17:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DyslexicZombei's Darkcoin Community MasterNode Svcs: CLOSED. Nodes 2 4 5 Refunds  (Read 27907 times)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:52:49 AM

Also: testing out onionshare for anonymous, decentralized file sharing of the spreadsheets. Only the relevant node owners will receive this link to their spreadsheet(s).

Good news: will use best anonymity technology - TOR. No centralized "man in the middle" who could be compromised such as Dropbox.

Bad news: If you don't already have it, you might have to download and install the TOR bundle to properly open the private link if the link doesn't work correctly.

No offense to DropBox but I'm not a fan of their security model and the vulnerabilities that were uncovered and glossed over: http://www.zdnet.com/dropbox-drops-the-security-notification-ball-again-7000029216/
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 09:33:18 AM

Sigh, I hope so. I saw that the guy that lost 1000DRK was able to get his DRK back from his corrupted wallet file with a lot of help, but in my case: the wallet.dat doesn't seem to be corrupt when I restore it locally. I'm getting this error after uploading my wallet.dat with proof of Node 1's stake deposit to address0:

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error 13
darkcoin in AppInit()

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error 13

Seems to point to a permissions problem or a corrupt wallet file. However, I uploaded other wallet save points and still saw the same error.  Huh
Try using older wallet version. Or just load it into the win wallet. Should work.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:01:49 AM

Sigh, I hope so. I saw that the guy that lost 1000DRK was able to get his DRK back from his corrupted wallet file with a lot of help, but in my case: the wallet.dat doesn't seem to be corrupt when I restore it locally. I'm getting this error after uploading my wallet.dat with proof of Node 1's stake deposit to address0:

darkcoin in AppInit()

Seems to point to a permissions problem or a corrupt wallet file. However, I uploaded other wallet save points and still saw the same error.  Huh
Try using older wallet version. Or just load it into the win wallet. Should work.

I tried this. It showed the 1000DRK external payment but nothing was sent back even though the node was set to 0 and the darkcoind daemon turned off.

I did think of something though...wonder if this is the error msg. you see if you try activating a 2nd node from the same wallet? I figured it wouldn't matter since one was set up via the hot wallet method using RC2 and the other node was set up with cold wallet with RC3. Worth a shot. My last shot probably since I never heard back from Evan, who I'm sure is busy what w/ the pool going down and RC4 still coming up. I might have run into a system check where it catches someone trying to activate multiple nodes from the same wallet.

I'm separating these funds tomorrow evening and seeing if that's the cause of this error. Grasping at straws here...
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:06:03 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 04:20:45 AM by DyslexicZombei

First payouts should be due in the next 6 hours. It's only from a few days of operations so they're not very large, of course. Projected over a year, however, and the returns look like the inverse of the kind of loan you wouldn't want to be responsible for paying, even without any DRK price movement upwards. It's quite an interesting way of earning funds just from holding cryptocurrency one hopes that you meant to keep anyway:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626715.msg7006991#msg7006991

Thank you everyone for bearing through this rough introductory period. With the written guides out there all catering to single wallet setups, I ran into all kinds of problems trying to scale up, and I just had to take on the obstacles one at a time to get to where my understanding of multiple cold wallet setups is today.

It really didn't help that at the same time I got busy with nodes this is the most work I've seen at my day job in several years, which was a blessing and a curse. I don't recommend 1 day off a month. It's probably not too good for you. So glad to have shipped product earlier today. I'm sure I'll have to deal with more work around it (spec. paperwork) but I can focus some time to help others get their full nodes going. A good sized chunk of reservations of Batch 1 Full Node reservations have also patiently decided to wait to launch their nodes until we can meet in person, so that's great news for those in Batch 1 or 2 of Full Node reservations. Smiley

You'll need to download the Tor bundle if you want secure, private access to your spreadsheet. I have to do this approach if we're going to respect people's rights to privacy and to those who do not want to have a centralized source somewhere (like Dropbox and its competitors) have possible access to this info/file.

Also: anyone know the best way to track mining output of nodes on the web over time? This is useful info for everyone. Also a heads up: I do have family coming down so I could possibly go camping or something fun like that for a few days in the near future but before the next payout on the 16th.

Need to take a small break to recharge. The nodes are operating well, but I'll be sure to check notifications are set up correctly before I go.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:03:51 AM

BTW, there's interest in a 5th community node. Recently received a 25% stake for it.

So...if you're interested, there's a 75% stake available in Node 5. It should go live the same day it gets full, as long as it doesn't go full too late in the evening. If it doesn't fill up, there's a person that has thankfully agreed to fill in the rest to complete the node.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 05:32:53 AM

darkcoin in AppInit()

I tried this. It showed the 1000DRK external payment but nothing was sent back even though the node was set to 0 and the darkcoind daemon turned off.

I did think of something though...wonder if this is the error msg. you see if you try activating a 2nd node from the same wallet? I figured it wouldn't matter since one was set up via the hot wallet method using RC2 and the other node was set up with cold wallet with RC3. Worth a shot. My last shot probably since I never heard back from Evan, who I'm sure is busy what w/ the pool going down and RC4 still coming up. I might have run into a system check where it catches someone trying to activate multiple nodes from the same wallet.

I'm separating these funds tomorrow evening and seeing if that's the cause of this error. Grasping at straws here...
Load the wallet you sent the funds to. Smiley

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:19:23 AM

Load the wallet you sent the funds to. Smiley

Of course I tried that. What I haven't done is separate the wallet holding proof of cold *and* dark wallet payments. That I'll get to tomorrow sometime...along with the spreadsheet share.

The spreadsheets are done, brain's just fried trying to figure out where one node was short deposits and one over. I'll share those when I get up in the morning.

The first wave of community node payouts has just gone out!
It's a modest haul, but it's a start.
Gospodaar

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:22:41 PM

BTW, there's interest in a 5th community node. Recently received a 25% stake for it.

So...if you're interested, there's a 75% stake available in Node 5. It should go live the same day it gets full, as long as it doesn't go full too late in the evening. If it doesn't fill up, there's a person that has thankfully agreed to fill in the rest to complete the node.

im interested. give me the address i will send 250 drk Grin
CripLib

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:37:12 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 12:57:06 AM by CripLib

Nice opportunity. I would like to invest 250 DRK. How should I proceed? Please let me know to what address should I make my deposit, and also the total to be deposited (250DRK stake + fees + etc).

I remain at your disposal.

INSTANT GAMBLING  .!..PRIMEDICE.... 0.91% HOUSE EDGE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄               HIGH BTC FAUCET EACH MINUTE!                    SELL YOUR SIGNATURE SPACE FOR BITCOINS!
THE WORLD'S MOST POPULAR BITCOIN GAMBLING WEBSITE
CripLib

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 12:29:50 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 02:10:30 AM by CripLib

Great, I made a 280 DRK deposit to Batch 3 Deposit Address (XucWymKo3MCmVvFwGW1SKBtNrshbmfBmpE) as instructed, being the Tx ID: 9d3a64d01e88e49be8460af040738dd8d82af51b617f1f3e470338aaa7b952fb

Wallet Payout Address: (sent by PM, thank you)

I remain at your disposal for anything necessary.

I wish we all Success!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄               HIGH BTC FAUCET EACH MINUTE!                    SELL YOUR SIGNATURE SPACE FOR BITCOINS!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:51:08 AM

Thanks and welcome aboard!

That's an odd amount. I may have to refund you 30 DRK when I get caught up as the stake sizes are 100 or 250 DRK and I can't fit that in.

==

Gents: I sent out Node 2 and 4 spreadsheets and re-sent payouts that didn't make it. Had to redo payouts for all 3 because DarkSend only sent to top 3 address payouts!

Node 3 is out of sync and won't connect to network for some reason but I'll get those spreadsheets out as well once I can sort that out and pay the last 1 or 2 people.

If you're on reddit I'll have to get you the link later. I'm still slammed w/ some work.
CripLib

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:40:23 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 11:31:11 AM by CripLib

Thanks and welcome aboard!

That's an odd amount. I may have to refund you 30 DRK when I get caught up as the stake sizes are 100 or 250 DRK and I can't fit that in.
(...)

Oh, thank you, please do. It's because I thought I would also have to pay some 30DRK fee or something lol If it is possible to make me a 28% stake, great, or I could send 20DRK more, in order to complete 300DRK, if possible. If not, then you can send the refund to my previously informed wallet payout address. Please tell me the more convenient option.

(...)
Gents: I sent out Node 2 and 4 spreadsheets and re-sent payouts that didn't make it. Had to redo payouts for all 3 because DarkSend only sent to top 3 address payouts!

Node 3 is out of sync and won't connect to network for some reason but I'll get those spreadsheets out as well once I can sort that out and pay the last 1 or 2 people.

If you're on reddit I'll have to get you the link later. I'm still slammed w/ some work.

I hope you have succeeded fixing the above mentioned problems, and are making good progresses.

Please, try to reserve some time to keep us informed.

DZ, as far as security goes, a potential hole here is that our bitcointalk logins could be compromised (probably much easier than a 2fa MintPal account) and someone could pm you claiming to be one of us stakeholders telling you to close out the stake and send the DRK to a different address than the payout addresses we initially provide you.
Because of this potential security lapse it might be wise to make the payout address also be the cash out address and then not enable anyone to ever change their cashout address. Or maybe we should email you now our own email addresses and you could simply send a confirming email if someone absolutely must change their cashout address?

Damn good idea. Does Darkcoin allow the signing of messages like Bitcoin does? If so, DZ could only accept properly signed messages.

This is a really important subject. I have sent you a PM with all my contact info.

A good option is if we exchange e-mail addresses (or, even better, Bitmessage addresses) to be used as a "redundant confirmation"/"Two-factor authentication" in cases when extra security is necessary. I have also sent you a request to add me as contact in skype.

I remain at your disposal.

Thank you.

2C-Bee

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:33:30 AM

Any links for the spreadsheets yet? Also I added you on Skype, would that be an easier method of communicating?
masterof101010

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 12:52:33 AM

I don't know if it's too late to get in on this but if not i'd like to purchase a 250 DRK 25% stake.

I have the money, just not in DRK (and gonna have to figure out the best way to get the equivalent amount of either BTC or just Wire transfer USD to DZ because there are so very few exchanges available in Canada).

I PRAY I can still be a part of this because I was quite excited when DZ told me about it, just hadn't logged onto bitcoinforum for a week.  I'd be quite quite upset if i've been screwed out of another good potential due to timing again, happens all my life and I hate it.

Anyway's, i've sent DZ a PM so waiting to hear back what he say's, but if it's still possible to buy into 25% of a MN and reap the 20% profit's they provide (from what I believe this had to be before the fork ... just hoping there's an opening in MN 3 or 4) I want in IMMEDIATELY.

Going to go hunting for Canadian DRK market's but like I said i'll Bank Wire the money directly to DZ if it can get me in on 25% of an MN.

If anyone need's to contact me with sensitive information pls encrypt it to the public key below.  Otherwise any information would be appreciated ... i'm admittedly quite new to this whole thing, I just want to get in early while theres still a chance I can make a good return over time.  Disability = SH** can't afford anything so this would be beautiful thing if it pan's out.

Please keep me posted.

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (MingW32)
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=RJRu
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:19:58 AM

Once you have BTC then you can easily buy DRK on MintPal, good price atm Wink

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
masterof101010

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:45:01 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 06:54:06 PM by masterof101010

Once you have BTC then you can easily buy DRK on MintPal, good price atm Wink

Yeah I spent what BTC I have at Bittrex.  It will take until mid-week for Cavirtex to process a cash deposit to buy more BTC with that's why i'm worried because I only had enough BTC to buy 71 DRK (I have enough cash to buy the remaining 179 DRK it's just that Cavirtex is a bitch about releasing your funds to buy BTC just so I can buy DRK ... seems very redundant and i'd like to not have to pay that crap exchange fees for slow service).

Oh well, if DZ can hold 250 DRK of an MN for me i'll do it, it'll just take upwards or longer then a week like I said, I can send him 71 DRK right now dunno if he wants it in split payments or not.
Mike6099

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:28:03 PM

DZ,  Sent you a PM over the weekend.  Very interested in going in on the 25% stake.   Currently about 1/2 there to obtaining my 250 DRK (waiting for some coinbase BTC to clear.)  Also I realize this is my first post here but I have been lurking since January.  Would like to be more active here now!  Anyway I sent you my email via PM, or if you'd like to discuss via Skype or other communication, LMK.

thanks,
Mike
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:58:55 AM

please put me down for a 50% stake. 500drk
ozziecoin told me about the service weeks ago so please see that he gets compensated, thanks

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
masterof101010

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 09:09:14 AM

It would sound like between the 3 of us we easily satisfy the 1000 DRK requirement for another MN.  I hope it bode's well for the three of us Smiley
*bows*
CripLib

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 09:20:14 AM

It would sound like between the 3 of us we easily satisfy the 1000 DRK requirement for another MN.  I hope it bode's well for the three of us Smiley
*bows*

Indeed, you three (Mike6099, MasterMined710, and masterof101010) are already enough for a masternode Cheesy congratz! You might already be the next upcoming batch (4 or 5).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: