Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:31:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DyslexicZombei's Darkcoin Community MasterNode Svcs: CLOSED. Nodes 2 4 5 Refunds  (Read 27887 times)
rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:11:56 AM

Do you mind me to rise this issue on main thread?

Or even better to PM ghost and cheaplin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:13:24 AM

Glad that you're back, Ewan has been and is also on a well deserved holidays/break, actually on your islands atm, hopefully to return well rested and restored, there are good things for DRK going on behind the scenes, for me it's a long term play, I've sold none of my main initial stake and don't intend to anytime soon:

http://bitinfocharts.com/darkcoin/address/XosXcEm3Y6Mv6tmBKd1rUWhqB9Pf1hABj7

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 08:20:30 AM

With node 1, physically copy wallet.dat to a local comp. Then send exactly 1000 darks to a fresh wallet from the copied wallet.

Yeah, regarding that one. Node 1 re-build attempt was attempted a final time when I wasn't trying to rebuild Node 3's local wallet association. I moved away 1K from this Node 1/2 wallet (that originally had at least 2k) and restarted the node using a different PC. Therefore, the local wallet was now only associated with just one node instead of using a Cold Wallet and a Hot Wallet with different launch conf files to try to connect to 2 nodes.

So, the local wallet was the orig. wallet associated with the Hot Wallet payment. Problem was even with a fresh darkcoin client install and restoring the orig. wallet file, the hot wallet stake payment still looks to go to some accountaddress0 representing a privkey that never released the coins back when I took the RC2 Hot Wallet node down.

I can't regenerate another privkey because we never got our DRK back (45% which was mine) after the hot wallet payment was sent to whereever it is that hot wallet payments hold these funds to register as a masternode.
The coins are always on wallet. They are not used for coin mixing or anything. You can simply copy the wallet.dat to another machine and transfer out. You can do this even on a functioning hot wallet to transfer mined coins out. Hope that helps.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
rentahash

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:45:23 AM

Glad that you're back, Ewan has been and is also on a well deserved holidays/break, actually on your islands atm, hopefully to return well rested and restored, there are good things for DRK going on behind the scenes, for me it's a long term play, I've sold none of my main initial stake and don't intend to anytime soon:

http://bitinfocharts.com/darkcoin/address/XosXcEm3Y6Mv6tmBKd1rUWhqB9Pf1hABj7

this is your address??? Smiley
stilgars

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:15:13 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 02:00:24 PM by stilgars

With node 1, physically copy wallet.dat to a local comp. Then send exactly 1000 darks to a fresh wallet from the copied wallet.

Yeah, regarding that one. Node 1 re-build attempt was attempted a final time when I wasn't trying to rebuild Node 3's local wallet association. I moved away 1K from this Node 1/2 wallet (that originally had at least 2k) and restarted the node using a different PC. Therefore, the local wallet was now only associated with just one node instead of using a Cold Wallet and a Hot Wallet with different launch conf files to try to connect to 2 nodes.

So, the local wallet was the orig. wallet associated with the Hot Wallet payment. Problem was even with a fresh darkcoin client install and restoring the orig. wallet file, the hot wallet stake payment still looks to go to some accountaddress0 representing a privkey that never released the coins back when I took the RC2 Hot Wallet node down.

I can't regenerate another privkey because we never got our DRK back (45% which was mine) after the hot wallet payment was sent to whereever it is that hot wallet payments hold these funds to register as a masternode.
The coins are always on wallet. They are not used for coin mixing or anything. You can simply copy the wallet.dat to another machine and transfer out. You can do this even on a functioning hot wallet to transfer mined coins out. Hope that helps.

Hello DZ
I'm trying to figure out what is your problem on node 3 as I have a myself some nodes running.
What I can't understand is why you do not reset the whole setup (sending all the funds to a new wallet, regenerating the masternode privkey and reassociating the MN with the cold wallet)

My current setup: all my cold wallets are copied three times in different location on a linux vm - I just need to copy the darkcoin.conf files and wallet.dat corresponding to the node I need to activate into the .darkcoin folder each time. I don't use the qt wallet, and I generated the wallet files using the open sourced darkcoind compiled by myself. I would never use MS Windows to manage my wallets, but that is my personal opinion.
All wallet.dat files have been encrypted using OpenSSL and sent by emails from the vm to 2 inbox.
The vm itself has been fully copied on my ZFS RAIDZ-3 NAS, with monthly backups.

The MN instances are hosted by a reputable third party company remotely .

I can't understand why you struggle so much to have the service up and running, honestly.

Words of Wisdom
 "I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
CripLib

Activity: 175

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:24:50 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 11:42:41 AM by CripLib

DZ, I am so happy that you are here. Actually I am very proud for you and for our community, at the same time that I am so ashamed and sorry for my recent lack of trust of you.

Communication can be (and is) very crucial to a community. Please receive my recent criticism with this in mind, understand that it is meant to be constructive criticism, and that I am here at your disposal, and at the disposal of this community and of the Darkcoin community as a whole, to help in whatever I can be useful.

As wisely said before, let's take these last incidents as a wake up call for us all, as a community (including here the Darkcoin Community) to make our best for the improvement of your service, that IS very important to Darkcoin development as a whole.

I wish you (and, of course, all of us) all the success. I already know that you are doing your best, and once more I put myself available for anything needed.

Thank you DZ, thank you all.

INSTANT GAMBLING  .!..PRIMEDICE.... 0.91% HOUSE EDGE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄               HIGH BTC FAUCET EACH MINUTE!                    SELL YOUR SIGNATURE SPACE FOR BITCOINS!
THE WORLD'S MOST POPULAR BITCOIN GAMBLING WEBSITE
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:33:03 PM

I don't know, I've had 3 nodes up for just over 3 weeks now with zero problems or downtime with any of them (local separated wallet.dat(s) launched with win-qt and remote Ubuntu VMs). Now payments over the last couple days are a totally different issue.  Grin
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:33:56 PM

Very unprofessional!  Please take me off the list.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:07:15 PM

Glad you're okay DZ, and that you got some much-needed R&R.
I would post those issues to darkcointalk ASAP; it definitely sounds like there's some major issues and it's wearing on your personal life...not good.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:31:05 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 10:45:04 PM by DyslexicZombei

Glad you're okay DZ, and that you got some much-needed R&R.
I would post those issues to darkcointalk ASAP; it definitely sounds like there's some major issues and it's wearing on your personal life...not good.
JL

Oh, it definitely is! I am so stressed out trying to do right by you guys. This was also in the middle of tense negotiations with a Govt. Accreditor re: the prototype Linux system I designed and hardened recently. As for Node issues: I donated the last of my held DRK (only about 6.5-7 DRK) to Node 3 and Node 4. This is the last of my DRK held after I couldn't regain control of our Hot Wallet in RC2 Node 1 which held 450DRK of mine.

To Node 3 Owners: My apologies that this is so late or if you didn't hear about the problems with Node 3 or that I was trying to deal with it during a family reunion. I froze this account while I was dealing with Node 3's local wallet database becoming corrupt on 7/2 and trying to fix this (and Node 1 and negotiations with a difficult Govt. Accreditor) during breaks during a family reunion. The latest rebuild still fails when the local wallet syncs to July 2.

All mining payouts have been sent and everything should up to date. I took the day off from work this morning and have been doing additional efforts to deal with the corrupt database error I saw on 7/2 and to get your mining payouts sent out. chaeplin and Propulsion have been contacted to see if they've ever seen this database error or if this is recoverable somehow.

It appears to be a phantom self-payment after the database was rebuilt (transaction shows a weird time of 00:16; I wasn't even up at midnight but would match a database being rebuilt at a perceived system time of about 00:00): http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/coldwalletdisappears.png

If its an external payment its supposed to show the receiving address as solid black instead of gray and there shouldn't be parentheses around the address. If it's a self-payment for a cold wallet node registration its supposed to show as 0 DRK with an address of (n/a), and our balance isn't supposed to be affected.

If I could somehow freeze the sync at 7/1 and then move the coins elsewhere, everything would be hunky dory. I have to get some work at the lab done but I'll send out the latest spreadsheet links this evening (which includes more info on Node 3 problems with the Cold Wallet). If you don't already have it: Please download and run the Tor Onion Browser to be able to access the PM link(s).
CripLib

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:58:56 AM

Good evening, DZ,

Please let me know if I have been already fit into a node (and which), as I have sent you the "odd amount" of 280 DRK. Also, what is the most convenient solution for this "odd amount thing": I could send you 20 DRK more, in order to complete 300 DRK; or else you could simply make me a 28% stake. If not, then you can send the 30 DRK refund to my previously informed wallet payout address.

Cheers

Thanks and welcome aboard!

That's an odd amount. I may have to refund you 30 DRK when I get caught up as the stake sizes are 100 or 250 DRK and I can't fit that in.
(...)

Oh, thank you, please do. It's because I thought I would also have to pay some 30DRK fee or something lol If it is possible to make me a 28% stake, great, or I could send 20DRK more, in order to complete 300DRK, if possible. If not, then you can send the refund to my previously informed wallet payout address. Please tell me the more convenient option.

(...)
Gents: I sent out Node 2 and 4 spreadsheets and re-sent payouts that didn't make it. Had to redo payouts for all 3 because DarkSend only sent to top 3 address payouts!

Node 3 is out of sync and won't connect to network for some reason but I'll get those spreadsheets out as well once I can sort that out and pay the last 1 or 2 people.

If you're on reddit I'll have to get you the link later. I'm still slammed w/ some work.

I hope you have succeeded fixing the above mentioned problems, and are making good progresses.

Please, try to reserve some time to keep us informed.

DZ, as far as security goes, a potential hole here is that our bitcointalk logins could be compromised (probably much easier than a 2fa MintPal account) and someone could pm you claiming to be one of us stakeholders telling you to close out the stake and send the DRK to a different address than the payout addresses we initially provide you.
Because of this potential security lapse it might be wise to make the payout address also be the cash out address and then not enable anyone to ever change their cashout address. Or maybe we should email you now our own email addresses and you could simply send a confirming email if someone absolutely must change their cashout address?

Damn good idea. Does Darkcoin allow the signing of messages like Bitcoin does? If so, DZ could only accept properly signed messages.

This is a really important subject. I have sent you a PM with all my contact info.

A good option is if we exchange e-mail addresses (or, even better, Bitmessage addresses) to be used as a "redundant confirmation"/"Two-factor authentication" in cases when extra security is necessary. I have also sent you a request to add me as contact in skype.

I remain at your disposal.

Thank you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄               HIGH BTC FAUCET EACH MINUTE!                    SELL YOUR SIGNATURE SPACE FOR BITCOINS!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:46:29 AM

Good evening, DZ,

Please let me know if I have been already fit into a node (and which), as I have sent you the "odd amount" of 280 DRK. Also, what is the most convenient solution for this "odd amount thing": I could send you 20 DRK more, in order to complete 300 DRK; or else you could simply make me a 28% stake. If not, then you can send the 30 DRK refund to my previously informed wallet payout address.

Cheers

Hey CripLib,

You would be in Node 5, but the problem is I'm concerned about starting a 5th community node with all the unintended extra work and troubleshooting just 4 beta nodes has caused me.

I'm concerned enough to hold off full node setups unless the full node user only does 1 Node...and they may have to find someone else to manage it because 10% really isn't enough if some nodes require literally 5 rebuilds in a 2 weeks span. I can't be servicing full nodes in volume if each one is going to require excessive troubleshooting or that a cold wallet could get hosed from.

*If* I can get Node 3's control of the stake back into the wallet its meant to be in, I'll continue this service past this month. If not, I'm going to have to consider this too high risk for even someone with my high risk threshhold. This software's essentially Version 0.61 at the moment, before Version 1.0 in a few months.

Let me know if you just want me to send the 280DRK back or if you want to hold off to see if Node 3's phantom self-payment can be resolved.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 09:02:21 AM

Ok, spreadsheet links sent to BTC members. I'll have to track down non-redditors tomorrow as its 11PM here (bregge, RyanArr, sabermage, mm....j).

I need an easier way to share these links with non-BTC members.

==

I capped fees at 10% otherwise with the poor mining results due to constant rebuilds (where a new privkey had to be prepped. Sometimes more than once a day) the fee percentages would have been very high, and unfair.
jwuerz

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:17:15 PM

I'm having some difficulty access the Tor link, in Tor.
I was able read the Node 4 spreadsheet originally, and now am unable to.
I also have DRK in Node 3, and that spreadsheet is also unablet to open.

I sent a PM as well.

I know you are swamped, and we really appreciate the help, DZ.

Thanks man!

jwuerz
CripLib

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:07:44 PM

Good evening, DZ,

Cheers

Hey CripLib,

You would be in Node 5, but the problem is I'm concerned about starting a 5th community node with all the unintended extra work and troubleshooting just 4 beta nodes has caused me.

I'm concerned enough to hold off full node setups unless the full node user only does 1 Node...and they may have to find someone else to manage it because 10% really isn't enough if some nodes require literally 5 rebuilds in a 2 weeks span. I can't be servicing full nodes in volume if each one is going to require excessive troubleshooting or that a cold wallet could get hosed from.

*If* I can get Node 3's control of the stake back into the wallet its meant to be in, I'll continue this service past this month. If not, I'm going to have to consider this too high risk for even someone with my high risk threshhold. This software's essentially Version 0.61 at the moment, before Version 1.0 in a few months.

Let me know if you just want me to send the 280DRK back or if you want to hold off to see if Node 3's phantom self-payment can be resolved.

Oh, thank you, DZ,

I hope you manage to figure out a solution for the node 3 problem.

Please let me know.

Success!

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:12:50 AM

I'm having some difficulty access the Tor link, in Tor.
I was able read the Node 4 spreadsheet originally, and now am unable to.
I also have DRK in Node 3, and that spreadsheet is also unablet to open.

I sent a PM as well.

I know you are swamped, and we really appreciate the help, DZ.

Thanks man!

jwuerz

Weird. The PC that hosts those files is up 24/7 except for patch reboot because it does Scrypt and x11 mining, so those files should always be available from this end.

Then again, it's the first public release of Onionshare (and I opted for this as there's no centralization of data by a corp. 3rd party like Dropbox) so bugs may need to be squashed. I'll send you another link tomorrow evening and if that doesn't work I'll just email you instead.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:21:52 AM

Good evening, DZ,

Cheers

Hey CripLib,

Oh, thank you, DZ,

I hope you manage to figure out a solution for the node 3 problem.

Please let me know.

Success!

Still working it. Have some promising things to try. One of the DRK talk forum admins has seen this database error problem before but it was on a Linux PC and his fix may not be directly applicable to our error.

As for Node 2 which was down: Couldn't get it working no matter what I tried so I transferred the 1000DRK to a different local wallet and started from scratch on a different server. It was up during the weekend then it went down again yesterday. At least I only had to restart it this time instead of having to do July rebuild #7 for this node.

Node 2 has a new IP address since I had to house it on a new server. I'll just list it here so I don't have to re-share the Node 2's spreadsheet: 54.186.252.193

Node 4 has been steady (knock on wood) and has been up since the 7th without incident. All of these nodes are configured the same; just seems to be random chance whether a node is stable or if it needs constant rebuilds or re activations.

CripLib

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:58:46 AM

Still working it. Have some promising things to try. One of the DRK talk forum admins has seen this database error problem before but it was on a Linux PC and his fix may not be directly applicable to our error.

As for Node 2 which was down: Couldn't get it working no matter what I tried so I transferred the 1000DRK to a different local wallet and started from scratch on a different server. It was up during the weekend then it went down again yesterday. At least I only had to restart it this time instead of having to do July rebuild #7 for this node.

Node 2 has a new IP address since I had to house it on a new server. I'll just list it here so I don't have to re-share the Node 2's spreadsheet: 54.186.252.193

Node 4 has been steady (knock on wood) and has been up since the 7th without incident. All of these nodes are configured the same; just seems to be random chance whether a node is stable or if it needs constant rebuilds or re activations.

OK, thank you for the update, DZ. I wish I could help. Funny that the guys at the darkcointalk are not being able to help either.

So let's see how things develop. Next week, by the end of the month, we decide if you just send me the 280DRK back, or if it'll be possible to fit me into a MN batch.

jrudd16

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:01:18 PM

Hey DZ,

I sent you a PM about the MN service over week ago - I know you're likely busy, but please could you give it a look?

Thanks,
John
rentahash

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:39:39 AM

54.186.252.193 node 2 is up again and already has 2 payments Smiley
Hope DZ solved issue with stability of a node!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: