Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:23:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MNT] MountCoin // Need help write here // We search a Developer  (Read 36052 times)
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:22:35 AM

maybe y'all want to try out this code https://github.com/cbuchner1/mountcoin

it's the last officially posted v2.0.2 with the two patches I mentioned earlier
1) fix for incorrect address prefix
2) removal of the broken checkpoint at block 22400.

It should allow you to sync the blockchain, mine and make transactions.

I've even got a starter blockchain for you to download. This works on Linux/Unix,
and should  be decompressed in your home directory where it will create the .mountcoin
folder.

https://mega.co.nz/#!FFYjQZTR!FZdogA2oqzeGeUDw5Z7mo6H74jtXVrOmWzIgUhNG30Y

So MountCoin lives on! What about PresidentCoin, are you still up for the task ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crz

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:26:53 AM

maybe y'all want to try out this code https://github.com/cbuchner1/mountcoin

it's the last officially posted v2.0.2 with the two patches I mentioned earlier
1) fix for incorrect address prefix
2) removal of the broken checkpoint at block 22400.

It should allow you to sync the blockchain, mine and make transactions.

I've even got a starter blockchain for you to download. This works on Linux/Unix,
and should  be decompressed in your home directory where it will create the .mountcoin
folder.

https://mega.co.nz/#!FFYjQZTR!FZdogA2oqzeGeUDw5Z7mo6H74jtXVrOmWzIgUhNG30Y

So MountCoin lives on! What about PresidentCoin, are you still up for the task ?

If someone can build the windows version? :-) we can go on..

And set some bounties? Logo contest? :-)

Branding/Graphics, UI/UX Designer, Front/Back-end Developer. (IRC (freenode): crz)
cbuchner1

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:28:39 AM

Let me know if there's still something seriously wrong with this code (there are likely more problems lurking).

I usually work on mining software in my spare time, not cryptonote coins. But I would try my best to
bring back this coin from its Zombie state.

If the orphan problem remains, we can replace the slow-hash.c code with some SSE2 optimized version that
would reduce the latency for checking blocks (and hence the blocks propagate faster through the network).

Christian
presidentcoin (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:36:24 AM

Let me know if there's still something seriously wrong with this code (there are likely more problems lurking).

I usually work on nVidia GPU miners in my spare time, not cryptonote coins. But I would try my best to

If the orphan problem remains, we can replace the slow-hash.c code with some SSE2 optimized version that
would reduce the latency for checking blocks (and hence the blocks propagate faster through the network).

Christian

Thank you for the fix. We also wanted to to this, please tell me your Address I want to send you 30MNT.

But you have used a Beta of MountCoin, we release a Stable Version in a few Hours.

The New Version would have a new Name. Because we do a relaunch

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
crz

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:43:24 AM

I usually work on nVidia GPU miners in my spare time, not cryptonote coins. But I would try my best to

Christian

Thank you for the fix. We also wanted to to this, please tell me your Address I want to send you 30MNT.

But you have used a Beta of MountCoin, we release a Stable Version in a few Hours.

Nothing wrong with the name.. Just keep it like this and do some branding -> Logo contest.
And update the first post of this forum topic with version info and releases.

Branding/Graphics, UI/UX Designer, Front/Back-end Developer. (IRC (freenode): crz)
cbuchner1

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:51:12 AM

A relaunch with a new name is fine as long as you keep the blockchain intact.

Keep your 30 MNT Wink  that's only like 12 solo mined blocks.

I'll keep my repository up for a few days, just in case your newly released
version will still have problems.

Christian
presidentcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:53:22 AM

A relaunch with a new name is fine as long as you keep the blockchain intact.

Keep your 30 MNT

I'll keep my repository up for a few days, just in case your newly released
version will still have problems.

Christian

Ok, we use the same Blockchain, we allready build

Let's go HorizonCoin

presidentcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:56:24 AM

Christian

Nothing wrong with the name.. Just keep it like this and do some branding -> Logo contest.

We think that a new Name is better for a relaunch. A new name a new start. With more Developers.
Because we are from Aaachen we asked some of the RWTH to join our Team. And they said YES

MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:37:06 PM

Christian

We think that a new Name is better for a relaunch. A new name a new start. With more Developers.
Because we are from Aaachen we asked some of the RWTH to join our Team. And they said YES

Well done! HorizonCoin sounds good Smiley Get a logo and stable version and this coin can do OK.
masterall2

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:18:53 PM

Christian

Well done! HorizonCoin sounds good Smiley Get a logo and stable version and this coin can do OK.

nice name
poochpocket

Activity: 458
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:22:27 PM

This is great news. So to be clear, is the compiled Version 2.02 on the website here ok to use for now?
https://mountcoin.org/download.html
33zer0w0lf

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:27:44 PM

if this is the case what are us pool ops supposed to do

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
poochpocket

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:32:03 PM

This is great news. So to be clear, is the compiled Version 2.02 on the website here ok to use for now?

I forgot that 2.02 fails when I try to mine to my remote wallet with it, I get an invalid address error.  It will work if I have the wallet on the same machine, where I can start mining from within the wallet.

2.0 seems to work for remote mining though.
presidentcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:35:10 PM

I forgot that 2.02 fails when I try to mine to my remote wallet with it, I get an invalid address error.  It will work if I have the wallet on the same machine, where I can start mining from within the wallet.

2.0 seems to work for remote mining though.

Please don't use this Version in a few Hours we release HorizonCoin Version 1.0.0 , it is the same Generis Block, so you only need to Update the Deamon and Wallet. We are currently in a airplane.

presidentcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:36:00 PM

Wait for HorizonCoin we publish in a few Hours

33zer0w0lf

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:37:18 PM

new fresh code?

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
poochpocket

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:02:21 PM

I have a question regarding where to put my coins before the update. My old wallet, with all of my coins in it, seems to have an address that is not recognized by v2.02.

I created a new wallet using v2.02 and I am able to transfer funds from my old wallet address to this new address. However when I try the reverse, sending funds from new to old, I get an invalid address error.

The question is, should I move all of my coins to this new address, or keep them at the old "invalid" address? I'm worried that when the new version is released one of the two address will be completely invalid and I'll lose my coins, I'm just not sure which is safe to keep. Anyone have any insight?
Thanks
presidentcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:12:05 PM

new fresh code?

Yes

presidentcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:13:29 PM

I have a question regarding where to put my coins before the update. My old wallet, with all of my coins in it, seems to have an address that is not recognized by v2.02.

I created a new wallet using v2.02 and I am able to transfer funds from my old wallet address to this new address. However when I try the reverse, sending funds from new to old, I get an invalid address error.

The question is, should I move all of my coins to this new address, or keep them at the old "invalid" address? I'm worried that when the new version is released one of the two address will be completely invalid and I'll lose my coins, I'm just not sure which is safe to keep. Anyone have any insight?
Thanks

Please wait for HorizonCoin and see if the "invalid" Wallet become valid

poochpocket

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:15:07 PM

Thanks

Please wait for HorizonCoin and see if the "invalid" Wallet become valid
And what if it doesn't?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: