Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:09:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 [769] 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:19:30 AM

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip

I have good news: Rev 2 Beta 2 is now on mainnet!

You can now download it from the url posted.

This is not the final Rev 2 app. Anon features are only accessible from the command line. However, decentralised trustless mixing is working through a simple rpc command via the debug console.

This is beta software. Please back up your wallet.dat before using it.  Also this release changes everything to XCurrency including the %appdata% directory

An updated UI will be released with the privacy mode available through the coin control page.

If your testing the distmix command, read the distmix.txt in the zip

PM me with any issues or questions

ATCSECURE

Dan even said: This is not the final REV2 app.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:20:55 AM

Update REV2.5 at this weekend Huh

No. Test-version of secure private messaging this weekend.

We're still on Rev 2.0 At present it's on mainnet, and is working just fine. The next Rev 2 update should have trustless mixing available through the UI.

Rev 2.5 is still to come.

The question is, when is REV2 finally going to be released? That's what everyone wants to know.
And here was me thinking it had been released. That makes me feel better. It's good to see the coin holding it's ground. Quite a few coins have been under some pressure

No not yet, it's 5 days late and counting.

Rev2 has been released. atcsecure has released a functioning rev2 on mainnet and is working on further updates to bring the trustless mixer into the UI. Everything has been delivered as promised.

It's not fully finished

I don't believe we were told it was going to be 'fully finished.' This is beta software. Why are you expecting fully finished beta software?

We were delivered what we were told was going to be delivered (full anonymity with trustless mixing is what was promised on the roadmap and that's what we got.)

I haven't seen an announcement from Dan saying here is REV2 complete. There is no anon UI.

Again, there is no reason for you to be expecting an anon UI at this point. It was never promised to be delivered with rev2, in fact on the roadmap it clearly says that rev2.5 will include an updated wallet UI. If dan brings the anonymity features into the UI before rev2.5, then he is over-delivering.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
infinitechaos

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:27:18 AM

Teka, I just noticed that the link to the Europex exchange XC market in the OP leads to nowhere. It seems they may have delisted XC.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:27:29 AM

We're still on Rev 2.0 At present it's on mainnet, and is working just fine. The next Rev 2 update should have trustless mixing available through the UI.

The question is, when is REV2 finally going to be released? That's what everyone wants to know.
And here was me thinking it had been released. That makes me feel better. It's good to see the coin holding it's ground. Quite a few coins have been under some pressure

Rev2 has been released. atcsecure has released a functioning rev2 on mainnet and is working on further updates to bring the trustless mixer into the UI. Everything has been delivered as promised.

It's not fully finished

I don't believe we were told it was going to be 'fully finished.' This is beta software. Why are you expecting fully finished beta software?

We were delivered what we were told was going to be delivered (full anonymity with trustless mixing is what was promised on the roadmap and that's what we got.)

I haven't seen an announcement from Dan saying here is REV2 complete. There is no anon UI.

Again, there is no reason for you to be expecting an anon UI at this point. It was never promised to be delivered with rev2, in fact on the roadmap it clearly says that rev2.5 will include an updated wallet UI. If dan brings the anonymity features into the UI before rev2.5, then he is over-delivering.

Weather or not we are getting UI with REV2, it is still not complete.

Quote from: atcsecure on July 11, 2014, 01:18:49 AM
http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip (http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip)

This is not the final Rev 2 app. Anon features are only accessible from the command line. However, decentralised trustless mixing is working through a simple rpc command via the debug console.

This is beta software. Please back up your wallet.dat before using it.  Also this release changes everything to XCurrency including the %appdata% directory

An updated UI will be released with the privacy mode available through the coin control page.

ATCSECURE

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

dow1135

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:29:23 AM

It's not fully finished

Weather or not we are getting UI with REV2, it is still not complete.

Quote from: atcsecure on July 11, 2014, 01:18:49 AM
http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip (http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip)

ATCSECURE

Of course Rev 2 is not fully finished it's beta, from what I understand is Rev 3 is going to be the complete package. Till then why not help out and test the releases, might help move thing along.  Grin
CoinsDude

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:32:12 AM

I think all the confusion is in the naming of the releases. If it is beta software then you need to make sure you let people now it is beta.. example: "XC Rev 2" is not as clear as "XC V2 Beta"..
infinitechaos

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:35:54 AM

leigh2k14, you seem to think that Dan somehow promised a 'finished' rev2 product.

I urge you to keep in mind that this software is BETA. Beta software is for testing and is not finished.

Nowhere at any time did Dan say that the rev2 release on 7/7 would be finished and include an updated UI.

Personally, I'm stoked that he delivered what was promised on time - full anonymity with fully decentralized trustless mixing.

I think all the confusion is in the naming of the releases. If it is beta software then you need to make sure you let people now it is beta.. example: "XC Rev 2" is not as clear as "XC V2 Beta"..

Dan has always made it clear that this is beta software.

Quote from Dan:

This is beta software. Please back up your wallet.dat before using it.  Also this release changes everything to XCurrency including the %appdata% directory

ATCSECURE

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:36:34 AM

Teka, I just noticed that the link to the Europex exchange XC market in the OP leads to nowhere. It seems they may have delisted XC
Probably because , yet again, XC did not deliver things that were not promised !

or maybe because people don't trade there since xc is available on much better exchanges like mintpal. Just my personal opinion.
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

LoL I had forgotten all about this. HYPE

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 11:41:13 AM

It's not fully finished

Correct: the UI update comes with Rev 2.5 as per the roadmap. However we'd like to avoid people having to use command lines to send XC because it's unnecessarily complicated, and so a nice little "anon" button could come in handy...

We're aware that there was a general perception that 7 July would bring a "completed" Rev 2. Perhaps this was a reasonable enough assumption given that the roadmap didn't specify grades of completion, but just said "Rev 2". However these "rev" things are milestones upon a continuous development path, and the entire project is under development up to and beyond Rev 3. If you recall, when Rev 1.5 came out there were several updates after the initial one; you can expect the same thing around every milestone. Basically the idea of a milestone is simply to have implemented a certain type or layer of technology at that point. But this doesn't imply that there'll be no refinements after the milestone. In fact, after Rev 3 there'll be the big bounty to provably break XC's anonymity. So the process of development is a continuous one, and "revs" are just markers to designate the stage we're at.

On the other hand it's still in our interest to reach a milestone with a stable and user-friendly app rather than a confusing one. We'll always aim at this - if not more. However it's not considered a failure to deliver a new technology at a milestone that isn't entirely finished; in fact, "revs" are by nature unfinished.

So there's a distinction between a rev and an official public launch, at which point everything will need to be stable and ready for bulletproofing tests.

Anyway, expect updates on a regular basis, and - if Dan's past progress is anything to go by - the occasional surprise.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
infinitechaos

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:48:16 AM

Teka, I just noticed that the link to the Europex exchange XC market in the OP leads to nowhere. It seems they may have delisted XC
Probably because , yet again, XC did not deliver things that were not promised !

or maybe because people don't trade there since xc is available on much better exchanges like mintpal. Just my personal opinion.

Indeed. Just wanted to notify you so that the link can be removed.

On the topic of exchanges, I'd like to see more XC volume shift over to Bittrex away from Mintpal. It's a much more feature-rich exchange and it's never good to have all the volume in one place - it leaves the door open for Mintpal to engage in unscrupulous activity if they so desire.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
hrt

Activity: 288

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:51:01 AM

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/wallets/dtm-beta/XC-v0.9.2.3x11-coin-1.0.zip

ATCSECURE

Dan even said: This is not the final REV2 app.

I can explain his annoying. He failed to say: WHEN WILL BE RELEASED the next revision of the platform that 1) has plain one-click interface (GUI), 2) allows you to proceed

transactions in 3 minute instead of 30, 3) requires less than 550XC to run XC node + monitoring of nodes in the network, something like this

https://elbzo.net/masternodes.html, so all of that can attract investors and get them back to XC. This is not the final software, this is test version of alfa stage of unknown  

beta 0.000001 release
, and majority of people are not informed of this ''release''. Personally, i don't see the working links in OP, in twitter, official site. Links that you keeps

putting up are broken.

โ  NIMBUSCOIN DEVELOPER   
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:19:30 PM

All i'm gonna say is if a completed version of REV2 in not released this weekend then expect everyone to start dumping.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:23:03 PM

All i'm gonna say is if a completed version of REV2 in not released this weekend then expect everyone to start dumping.

Thanks for your opinion and feedback.
policymaker

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:24:00 PM

Really? every single holder is w8ing like VULTURES to get their hands on frustrated 5 year olds' dumped coins. Please, PLZ do dump. Dump in the thousands if you can. I will go convert freaking FIAT to purchase your dump.

Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 12:24:04 PM

Now that would be contrary to the information we've put out.

But hey, no-one has a monopoly on perceptions.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:27:18 PM

Really? every single holder is w8ing like VULTURES to get their hands on frustrated 5 year olds' dumped coins. Please, PLZ do dump. Dump in the thousands if you can. I will go convert freaking FIAT to purchase your dump.

I wasn't going to dump, maybe I should of said most people will dump instead of everyone.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

infinitechaos

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:30:30 PM

Define 'completed', please.

Are you just looking for a UI for the trustless mixer option?

It's possible Dan could finish it by this weekend. Encrypted messaging testing is scheduled first so I'd say it's unlikely, but who knows? Dan does have a reputation for surprises and working quickly.

Seeing as how delivering this feature would be over-delivering/delivering early, I don't see how not delivering this feature at this time would lead to a dump.

But if a dump happens, I'll be there with low buy orders ready to catch the cheap XC.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
policymaker

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:33:22 PM

I wasn't going to dump, maybe I should of said most people will dump instead of everyone.

So we now know that a REV2 was priced at least at 300k+(MP high volume, but not super high) which was abruptly stopped because of the delayed release(and RC form instead of final). If weak hands got frustrated and dumped, we know for sure that anyone buying at current prices or lower, will be rewarded with at least 100% profit. Taking into account our experience with the XC team, the scheduled roadmap, and the lack of serious competition(talking about new potential releases not current), I feel that estimation is accurate enough.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 12:34:39 PM

Correct: the UI update comes with Rev 2.5 as per the roadmap. However we'd like to avoid people having to use command lines to send XC because it's unnecessarily complicated, and so a nice little "anon" button could come in handy...

We're aware that there was a general perception that 7 July would bring a "completed" Rev 2. Perhaps this was a reasonable enough assumption given that the roadmap didn't specify grades of completion, but just said "Rev 2". However these "rev" things are milestones upon a continuous development path, and the entire project is under development up to and beyond Rev 3. If you recall, when Rev 1.5 came out there were several updates after the initial one; you can expect the same thing around every milestone. Basically the idea of a milestone is simply to have implemented a certain type or layer of technology at that point. But this doesn't imply that there'll be no refinements after the milestone. In fact, after Rev 3 there'll be the big bounty to provably break XC's anonymity. So the process of development is a continuous one, and "revs" are just markers to designate the stage we're at.

On the other hand it's still in our interest to reach a milestone with a stable and user-friendly app rather than a confusing one. We'll always aim at this - if not more. However it's not considered a failure to deliver a new technology at a milestone that isn't entirely finished; in fact, "revs" are by nature unfinished.

So there's a distinction between a rev and an official public launch, at which point everything will need to be stable and ready for bulletproofing tests.

Anyway, expect updates on a regular basis, and - if Dan's past progress is anything to go by - the occasional surprise.

Let's just put this in perspective:

We delivered a world-first this week. Until now, no-one's been able to use a mediator to pass on information without having to trust the mediator. Henceforth XC has trustless mediators. It's pretty incredible.

When Satoshi invented Bitcoin, he succeeded in solving the Byzantine Generals' problem for the first time. However, Bitcoin doesn't provide anonymity of a sort suitable for several common use-cases. So several anoncoins introduced supernodes that mix and forward transactions in order to provide the necessary anonymity. But when you introduce transaction-forwarding for the sake of privacy, you introduce the Byzantine Generals' problem all over again in a new way.

So Dan comes along and solves the Byzantine Generals' problem, in 6 weeks, through multipath.

If any of you are feeling some sense of disappointment about this, I'm at a loss as to why.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 [769] 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: