Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:25:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 [770] 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483639 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hrt

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:40:33 PM

All i'm gonna say is if a completed version of REV2 in not released this weekend then expect everyone to start dumping.

Really? every single holder is w8ing like VULTURES to get their hands on frustrated 5 year olds' dumped coins. Please, PLZ do dump. Dump in the thousands if you can. I will go convert freaking FIAT to purchase your dump.

oh... keep on mind that if everyone starts dumping, this will hurt you first of all, and afterwards would be problematically to sell The lower price goes, the more time needed to

recover

โ  NIMBUSCOIN DEVELOPER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hikky22

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:41:32 PM

All i'm gonna say is if a completed version of REV2 in not released this weekend then expect everyone to start dumping.

Really? every single holder is w8ing like VULTURES to get their hands on frustrated 5 year olds' dumped coins. Please, PLZ do dump. Dump in the thousands if you can. I will go convert freaking FIAT to purchase your dump.

I can see XC easily going under 90k again. It can be wiser to dump now and rebuy sub 90k. People are losing patience, they've been holding for 1.5 months, some bought in for 300k sat.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 12:43:20 PM

I can see XC easily going under 90k again. It can be wiser to dump now and rebuy sub 90k. People are losing patience, they've been holding for 1.5 months, some bought in for 300k sat.

Losing patience for what though? XC has delivered trustless decentralised mixing. I mean, what more could you possibly want?

I'm also unaware of anything that could've led people to believe that some sort of Rev 2 milestone was happening this weekend. Where are you getting your expectations from?

To my mind the price will just continue to raise its floor gradually until Rev 2.5. All's well in XC land, and is just getting better.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:44:34 PM

and in the scheme of things that's not a lot considering what has been delivered so far.
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:45:15 PM

via Imgflip Meme Maker
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 12:48:54 PM

So this week we:

- invented trustless decentralised mixing

- added our first two XC Foundation members, who'll be deploying two-way XC/Bitcoin ATMs, an XC crowdfunding platform, and of course attracting investors.

- added Rob Kremers (Microsoft, Adidas) on the marketing front

Let's not forget PoBC, NFL players, and Android wallets.

To the moon? To the stars.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:50:26 PM

oh... keep on mind that if everyone starts dumping, this will hurt you first of all, and afterwards would be problematically to sell The lower price goes, the more time needed to

recover

oh.... but I only wish they would dump. I would just buy and mine at multipool. Oh I so wish they d dump.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:56:39 PM

I just finished ready 3 pages of strong community  Grin

1. Be good to each other
2. Be gracious to "enemies"
3. Completely ignore spam, FUD, and abusive comments
4. If you respond to anything with the above in it, erase the offending remarks from your reply before posting, because leaving it in will allow it to incite further offense. (Also Teka might delete your post.)
5. Don't ever spread FUD elsewhere. Respect other projects. XC doesn't need to compete with them; it's strong enough on its own.
6. Be patient with newbies. There'll be a lot of them arriving as XC grows.
7. The way you treat people makes up 95% of what's relevant in a post; the information supplied is 5%.
8. The way XC appears to the world depends on the way you are to other people.
9. Be aware of the difference between what you perceive and what you infer from your perceptions (e.g. statements vs. the intentions suggested by statements).
10. You devalue yourself by being aggressive/insulting/etc.
11. If we don't treat opponents well, then we just take on their mode of interacting instead of imparting our mode of interacting.
12. So be good to each other.
hrt

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:58:07 PM

i bored to read this chat rumors who is those players, give me links to their twitters, where did you get this information? where they learned about xc? who did initially spread this gossip?

โ  NIMBUSCOIN DEVELOPER   
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 12:58:47 PM

i bored to read this chat rumors who is those players, give me links to their twitters, where did you get this information? where they learned about xc? who did initially spread this gossip?

I did, and I'm from XC.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:14:43 PM

Coin Control guide POWAH

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:15:30 PM

well speak for yourself.. cause I wont be dumping.  Actually i will be buying your cheap coins. 
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:17:08 PM

I haven't seen an announcement from Dan saying here is REV2 complete. There is no anon UI.

Again, there is no reason for you to be expecting an anon UI at this point. It was never promised to be delivered with rev2, in fact on the roadmap it clearly says that rev2.5 will include an updated wallet UI. If dan brings the anonymity features into the UI before rev2.5, then he is over-delivering.

Correct: the UI update comes with Rev 2.5 as per the roadmap. However we'd like to avoid people having to use command lines to send XC because it's unnecessarily complicated, and so a nice little "anon" button could come in handy...

We're aware that there was a general perception that 7 July would bring a "completed" Rev 2. Perhaps this was a reasonable enough assumption given that the roadmap didn't specify grades of completion, but just said "Rev 2". However these "rev" things are milestones upon a continuous development path, and the entire project is under development up to and beyond Rev 3. If you recall, when Rev 1.5 came out there were several updates after the initial one; you can expect the same thing around every milestone. Basically the idea of a milestone is simply to have implemented a certain type or layer of technology at that point. But this doesn't imply that there'll be no refinements after the milestone. In fact, after Rev 3 there'll be the big bounty to provably break XC's anonymity. So the process of development is a continuous one, and "revs" are just markers to designate the stage we're at.

On the other hand it's still in our interest to reach a milestone with a stable and user-friendly app rather than a confusing one. We'll always aim at this - if not more. However it's not considered a failure to deliver a new technology at a milestone that isn't entirely finished; in fact, "revs" are by nature unfinished.

So there's a distinction between a rev and an official public launch, at which point everything will need to be stable and ready for bulletproofing tests.

Anyway, expect updates on a regular basis, and - if Dan's past progress is anything to go by - the occasional surprise.

Let's just put this in perspective:

We delivered a world-first this week. Until now, no-one's been able to use a mediator to pass on information without having to trust the mediator. Henceforth XC has trustless mediators. It's pretty incredible.

When Satoshi invented Bitcoin, he succeeded in solving the Byzantine Generals' problem for the first time. However, Bitcoin doesn't provide anonymity of a sort suitable for several common use-cases. So several anoncoins introduced supernodes that mix and forward transactions in order to provide the necessary anonymity. But when you introduce transaction-forwarding for the sake of privacy, you introduce the Byzantine Generals' problem all over again in a new way.

So Dan comes along and solves the Byzantine Generals' problem, in 6 weeks, through multipath.

If any of you are feeling some sense of disappointment about this, I'm at a loss as to why.

Everyone should really read this twice then let it sink in. If you still have doubts about the XC team and their abilities then it might be best to just move on to another coin as no amount of additional explanation will change your lack of comprehension.
bitcad4u

Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:17:29 PM

dump then and go away.  we want long term investors not pump no dump whiners.  I hope you dump and then train leaves without you.
520Bit

Merit: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:19:29 PM

You are very fresh to XC!!!
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:26:38 PM

I haven't seen an announcement from Dan saying here is REV2 complete. There is no anon UI.

Again, there is no reason for you to be expecting an anon UI at this point. It was never promised to be delivered with rev2, in fact on the roadmap it clearly says that rev2.5 will include an updated wallet UI. If dan brings the anonymity features into the UI before rev2.5, then he is over-delivering.

Correct: the UI update comes with Rev 2.5 as per the roadmap. However we'd like to avoid people having to use command lines to send XC because it's unnecessarily complicated, and so a nice little "anon" button could come in handy...

We're aware that there was a general perception that 7 July would bring a "completed" Rev 2. Perhaps this was a reasonable enough assumption given that the roadmap didn't specify grades of completion, but just said "Rev 2". However these "rev" things are milestones upon a continuous development path, and the entire project is under development up to and beyond Rev 3. If you recall, when Rev 1.5 came out there were several updates after the initial one; you can expect the same thing around every milestone. Basically the idea of a milestone is simply to have implemented a certain type or layer of technology at that point. But this doesn't imply that there'll be no refinements after the milestone. In fact, after Rev 3 there'll be the big bounty to provably break XC's anonymity. So the process of development is a continuous one, and "revs" are just markers to designate the stage we're at.

On the other hand it's still in our interest to reach a milestone with a stable and user-friendly app rather than a confusing one. We'll always aim at this - if not more. However it's not considered a failure to deliver a new technology at a milestone that isn't entirely finished; in fact, "revs" are by nature unfinished.

So there's a distinction between a rev and an official public launch, at which point everything will need to be stable and ready for bulletproofing tests.

Anyway, expect updates on a regular basis, and - if Dan's past progress is anything to go by - the occasional surprise.

Let's just put this in perspective:

We delivered a world-first this week. Until now, no-one's been able to use a mediator to pass on information without having to trust the mediator. Henceforth XC has trustless mediators. It's pretty incredible.

When Satoshi invented Bitcoin, he succeeded in solving the Byzantine Generals' problem for the first time. However, Bitcoin doesn't provide anonymity of a sort suitable for several common use-cases. So several anoncoins introduced supernodes that mix and forward transactions in order to provide the necessary anonymity. But when you introduce transaction-forwarding for the sake of privacy, you introduce the Byzantine Generals' problem all over again in a new way.

So Dan comes along and solves the Byzantine Generals' problem, in 6 weeks, through multipath.

If any of you are feeling some sense of disappointment about this, I'm at a loss as to why.

its  not understanding how big of a revolution this really is and fear of beeing outperformend by yet another short term pump somewhere cause they only see the short term. don't get discouraged

I've been looking at altcoins and trading them for a year now, i've since than been waiting for a coin to really bring something new improving upon bitcoin taking it to the next level, some had new algos , distribution models , more transaction speed, and so on. All important.
I expect  the perfect crypto to be to digital transactions, what gold/silver is to paper. The one thing bitcoin was missing was Privacy for your holdings and transactions. some did this before XC but where no option to me because of their centralized approach which stands against the whole point of crypto.

So with the latest beta release THIS IS IT!! And it came about in Lightspeed so far. And its no coincidence that this coin has such a high profile team already. Its a result of this fundamental evolutionary step in development . the talent is naturally attracted to the good projects.

hrt

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:46:54 PM

You are very fresh to XC!!!

when you said "You are very fresh to XC!!!" you tried to say: "hajlhafjdahgfh", right? ok, thanks, logical point, i remind: i asked for info leading to those "huge nfl players" where is prove?

I did, and I'm from XC.

Grin

โ  NIMBUSCOIN DEVELOPER   
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:22:40 PM

never thought we are coming through so far, and in this thread, still there are kids whining for some ridiculous non-existing issues.

either they have some understanding problem and or they just show their malicious intention. i don't know.

those kids never bother following some daily progress?

and they wasted great resources and time from some team members. and wasted a lot of space.

please every body, if you reply them, do not quote their stupid "opinion". those discussions are pure waste of space.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:23:00 PM

Losing patience for what though? XC has delivered trustless decentralised mixing. I mean, what more could you possibly want?

I'm also unaware of anything that could've led people to believe that some sort of Rev 2 milestone was happening this weekend. Where are you getting your expectations from?

To my mind the price will just continue to raise its floor gradually until Rev 2.5. All's well in XC land, and is just getting better.

The development is going from strength to strength at astonishing speed. Countless encouraging announcements and things to look forward to in the future (exceeding my expectations greatly). And you of course, do a great job eloquently explaining XC to the masses.

However, the one thing I would like to see more focus on is advertising. If you have something great, advertising works. IMO we shouldn't just hope to "go viral". I believe Practico donated towards a press release and there have been other donations collected. Do we have a strategy in place for marketing and what time line will that be adhering to? If not, I think it's as important as the technical developments that we work on a robust marketing strategy.
ChooseUse

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:26:41 PM

54540 XC would buy up the entire order book on mintpal right now and knock the price down to .00070000.

Any of the top 20 XC addresses has the ability to manipulate the XC price, especially when the trading volume is low:

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!rich
Pages: « 1 ... 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 [770] 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: