Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:01:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 [848] 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:02:36 PM

Given the price now, it would appear many are not happy with this update?

Perhaps dates tied to milestones would help boost confidence Arlyn.

In any business, a project with dates tied to milestones always ensures success. Estimate dates with contingency added should be doable in any project. I understand your opinion on this but you should admit a roadmap is not really a roadmap if you don't know how long it would take to get there and when you will arrive?

I would be interested to know if Dan shares your same sentiment on this as I understand you speak for him and the team?

btw: thank you for your great communication today its been helpful.

No, please don't. Release dates create speculation bubbles, this in turn creates volatility and ultimately discontent. Lets just enjoy the fact we have an excellent team working on an excellent project and enjoy the steady rise in value.

+1
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:03:03 PM

No, please don't. Release dates create speculation bubbles, this in turn creates volatility and ultimately discontent. Lets just enjoy the fact we have an excellent team working on an excellent project and enjoy the steady rise in value.

Anyways, Keep up the great work synechist. It was a great idea to employ you and your doing an excellent job, as are the rest of the team. Im really looking forward to Rev 2.5 and then Rev 3. Current belief is a value of $25 million to coincide with the latter, this doesn't include any potential bitcoin bubble either.

Really happy with everything that's going on here. Hopefully once I'm done on my travels I can come meet you guys in person at one of the conferences to express our gratitude.

Take care guys, hope you all have a splendid week.

Hello Mike! Always a pleasure to have you drop in on the thread.

Ha ha. Yes, I've even contemplated simply surprising people with news, with no warning or roadmap, so that the price is always driven by what's actually released. But that has its own problems, of course.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm super-excited about the future too.

P.S. Definitely come to the next conference we're at. That'll be great. I suppose we'll be letting the word out about our calendar at some point before Rev 3...

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
DFJ

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:06:46 PM

Another opinion on the roadmap: We need to spend more time thinking about adoption as a payment platform.  Right now we have an indeterminate timeline to the fully featured v3 release (which is mostly focused on technology), plus some hand-waving at ATMs and PoS.  That statement is a bit brusque but it's also true.

No one should care about either ATM or PoS, and frankly no one on the XC team should be spending hardly any time or energy on it.  What fraction of BTC usage is via either of those two channels?  Less than 1%?  The reason for that is because the idea that you can offer a solution remotely competitive with WF or Visa or whatever is a joke.  What would be far more valuable is discussions about areas we can add value with e.g. the OpenBazaar guys, or various internet payment platforms that have real transaction volume and currently only offer BTC / LTC / etc.  Are those discussions occurring?  Are we waiting to have those discussions until we reach certain technology milestones?  Whats the plan?

Basically, Dan is a smart guy, but so are plenty of others devs working on anon, and it's not reasonable to assume that XC technology will be so far superior that it will be adopted over other solutions just because it exists.  And at some point you need actual adoption by non-miners / non-investors or we are just trading among ourselves which is not sustainable.  I guess I'm kind of giving a betamax vs. VHS speech here, but it matters and getting a workable product that people are actually using for payments is not only a massive differentiator against other anon coins, but also at some point a requirement of success.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:11:14 PM

Another opinion on the roadmap: We need to spend more time thinking about adoption as a payment platform.  Right now we have an indeterminate timeline to the fully featured v3 release (which is mostly focused on technology), plus some hand-waving at ATMs and PoS.  That statement is a bit brusque but it's also true.

No one should care about either ATM or PoS, and frankly no one on the XC team should be spending hardly any time or energy on it.  What fraction of BTC usage is via either of those two channels?  Less than 1%?  The reason for that is because the idea that you can offer a solution remotely competitive with WF or Visa or whatever is a joke.  What would be far more valuable is discussions about areas we can add value with e.g. the OpenBazaar guys, or various internet payment platforms that have real transaction volume and currently only offer BTC / LTC / etc.  Are those discussions occurring?  Are we waiting to have those discussions until we reach certain technology milestones?  Whats the plan?

Basically, Dan is a smart guy, but so are plenty of others devs working on anon, and it's not reasonable to assume that XC technology will be so far superior that it will be adopted over other solutions just because it exists.  And at some point you need actual adoption by non-miners / non-investors or we are just trading among ourselves which is not sustainable.  I guess I'm kind of giving a betamax vs. VHS speech here, but it matters and getting a workable product that people are actually using for payments is not only a massive differentiator against other anon coins, but also at some point a requirement of success.

You've basically summarised our whole outlook. Real-world adoption is the key to XC's success, and this comes down to quality marketing and to effortlessness of use.

At present our main thrust though is to make XC usable at any traditional point of sale system. That's pervasive real-world usability that will outdo Bitcoin's current penetration.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
biskyb33

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:24:23 PM

Another opinion on the roadmap: We need to spend more time thinking about adoption as a payment platform.  Right now we have an indeterminate timeline to the fully featured v3 release (which is mostly focused on technology), plus some hand-waving at ATMs and PoS.  That statement is a bit brusque but it's also true.

No one should care about either ATM or PoS, and frankly no one on the XC team should be spending hardly any time or energy on it.  What fraction of BTC usage is via either of those two channels?  Less than 1%?  The reason for that is because the idea that you can offer a solution remotely competitive with WF or Visa or whatever is a joke.  What would be far more valuable is discussions about areas we can add value with e.g. the OpenBazaar guys, or various internet payment platforms that have real transaction volume and currently only offer BTC / LTC / etc.  Are those discussions occurring?  Are we waiting to have those discussions until we reach certain technology milestones?  Whats the plan?

Basically, Dan is a smart guy, but so are plenty of others devs working on anon, and it's not reasonable to assume that XC technology will be so far superior that it will be adopted over other solutions just because it exists.  And at some point you need actual adoption by non-miners / non-investors or we are just trading among ourselves which is not sustainable.  I guess I'm kind of giving a betamax vs. VHS speech here, but it matters and getting a workable product that people are actually using for payments is not only a massive differentiator against other anon coins, but also at some point a requirement of success.

You've basically summarised our whole outlook. Real-world adoption is the key to XC's success, and this comes down to quality marketing and to effortlessness of use.

At present our main thrust though is to make XC usable at any traditional point of sale system. That's pervasive real-world usability that will outdo Bitcoin's current penetration.

+1 thanks, arlyn. watching you guys operate on this forum for the past weeks, i really don't need a roadmap ...let alone an eta. i'm just happy to ride your shirtails  Wink

XChat XLo9fHrgmhwzUJxQwkvTq1oWAoMqXHwCVi
PubKey 2
swannsonite

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

In Crypto We Verify

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:25:27 PM

+1 This is good to hear.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:27:10 PM

[real world adoption]

+1 thanks, arlyn. watching you guys operate on this forum for the past weeks, i really don't need a roadmap ...let alone an eta. i'm just happy to ride your shirtails  Wink

Thank you! All I can say is:

The post-rev 3 era with mobile staking, interchains, and point-of-sale integration is gonna blow the scene apart.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:40:35 PM

Holy sell order at 0025.. Apparently someone agrees with mike x 3 !
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:40:53 PM

Thanks for the welcome's  Smiley

The only concern i have Teka is that i don't have enough XCurrency  Cheesy.
I find when the price is going down I have too many and when it is going up I somehow don't have enough Smiley

Try not to look at the price too much  Wink.
XCurrency is a long hold  Smiley
I agree. I was being a little "tongue in cheek".
As i said some pages ago, I've been looking for a better alt coin, but can't seem to find one, so I'm happy to hold and buy sometimes if it dips too much, but it is quite a stable coin.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:42:12 PM

In any business, a project with dates tied to milestones always ensures success. Estimate dates with contingency added should be doable in any project. I understand your opinion on this but you should admit a roadmap is not really a roadmap if you don't know how long it would take to get there and when you will arrive?

I would be interested to know if Dan shares your same sentiment on this as I understand you speak for him and the team?

Anyways, Keep up the great work synechist. It was a great idea to employ you and your doing an excellent job, as are the rest of the team. Im really looking forward to Rev 2.5 and then Rev 3. Current belief is a value of $25 million to coincide with the latter and its subsequent PR, this doesn't include any potential bitcoin bubble either.

Really happy with everything that's going on here. Hopefully once I'm done on my travels I can come meet you guys in person at one of the conferences to express our gratitude.

Completely agreed.   No date until it's completely ready.   Why give trolls materials to FUD.   Long term holders don't care about short term delivery.  We are here for the post rev 3 rise.

hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:42:57 PM

[real world adoption]

+1 thanks, arlyn. watching you guys operate on this forum for the past weeks, i really don't need a roadmap ...let alone an eta. i'm just happy to ride your shirtails  Wink

Thank you! All I can say is:

The post-rev 3 era with mobile staking, interchains, and point-of-sale integration is gonna blow the scene apart.

can someone explain me what these are, sounds yummie  Smiley
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:45:01 PM

I'm going to speculate and say given the rate of development we see Rev 2.5 in early to mid August and official launch of 3.0 in September when most people are back from vacation, etc.
DFJ

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:46:44 PM

Re: PoS

I don't know what Dan's opinion is, but if a service is not interested in adopting BTC, they are almost certainly not going to use XC.  I appreciate you agreeing with my post (and relatedly appreciate the work you do), but I'm not sure you read my post carefully as a central point is that PoS is a (nearly) complete waste of time.  PoS is offered by large, slow moving corps to boring retailers and used by clueless consumers.  It's pretty much the worst channel to target with a cutting edge CC.  

Good targets are channels and services that have adopted BTC but would be significantly better off with an anonymous currency.  This is dark markets, internet payment platforms, etc.  Decision makers at these services get CCs, and are the most likely to be receptive to XC's value proposition.

By contrast, the brick and mortar world is filled with decision makers that aren't even interested in BTC!  Anyone not interested in BTC is not interested in XC, full stop.  The advantages of XC (anonymity, potentially other features) do not COME CLOSE to overshadowing the advantages of BTC (massive existing adoption and ecosystem, name recognition, higher price stability, etc.) such that if I am not interested in BTC I might be interested in XC.  

The areas to target are areas where BTC is understood and adopted, and XC offers clear advantages or at least is an easy to offer alternative. I.e. existing internet payment platforms and any ecommerce services used by highly privacy focused users.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:51:43 PM

Re: PoS

I don't know what Dan's opinion is, but if a service is not interested in adopting BTC, they are almost certainly not going to use XC.  I appreciate you agreeing with my post (and relatedly appreciate the work you do), but I'm not sure you read my post carefully as a central point is that PoS is a (nearly) complete waste of time.  PoS is offered by large, slow moving corps to boring retailers and used by clueless consumers.  It's pretty much the worst channel to target with a cutting edge CC. 

Good targets are channels and services that have adopted BTC but would be significantly better off with an anonymous currency.  This is dark markets, internet payment platforms, etc.  Decision makers at these services get CCs, and are the most likely to be receptive to XC's value proposition.

By contrast, the brick and mortar world is filled with decision makers that aren't even interested in BTC!  Anyone not interested in BTC is not interested in XC, full stop.  The advantages of XC (anonymity, potentially other features) do not COME CLOSE to overshadowing the advantages of BTC (massive existing adoption and ecosystem, name recognition, higher price stability, etc.) such that if I am not interested in BTC I might be interested in XC. 

The areas to target are areas where BTC is understood and adopted, and XC offers clear advantages or at least is an easy to offer alternative. I.e. existing internet payment platforms and any ecommerce services used by highly privacy focused users.

Yes, you're right about the cluelessness of traditional POS markets.

The thing is, this only matters if you have to integrate new tech into the POS platform.

With NFC payments, an XC mastercard, and in-app XC purchases with fiat, there'll be no need for any backend integration. So it's an incredibly efficient way to get massive market penetration, and it'll lower the barrier to entry for normal non-techie people right down to the floor.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 11:53:27 PM

can someone explain me what these are, sounds yummie  Smiley

Let's just say that

- as networks are to the internet

- so are blockchains to interchains.

- This is full-on Web 3.0.

Interchains are Jasinlee's invention, currently being developed. It's my understanding that the concept is built upon PBoC.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:54:29 PM

they are making a new secure feature for anon that's yet to be announced, if its a new key feature, another world first for example, a public bounty would have allot more impact alongside its release, as well as with a PR campaign.

Business wise it makes perfect sense.

On a side note, keep up the excellent work synechist.

Thanks Mwalshe. Yeah, there's some smart stuff in development. Obviously we can't reveal anything until it's actually done, but it's a clever one.

Also, for some perspective, Rev 3 is the foundation for XC. The stuff coming afterwards, like interchains, is much more significant. Web 3.0 significant.

Just want to reiterate this aspect of the updated timeline because people seem missed what's significant: NEW TECH.

I shall quote this baby all week long, I mean seriously, even if 10% is true and executed well, we are talking a huge deal. I have no problem trading my XC at current prices, trying to make more XC. Actually I WISH we don't take off for months to come.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
ForReal

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 11:55:33 PM

Anyways, Keep up the great work synechist. It was a great idea to employ you and your doing an excellent job, as are the rest of the team. Im really looking forward to Rev 2.5 and then Rev 3. Current belief is a value of $25 million to coincide with the latter and its subsequent PR, this doesn't include any potential bitcoin bubble either.

Completely agreed.   No date until it's completely ready.   Why give trolls materials to FUD.   Long term holders don't care about short term delivery.  We are here for the post rev 3 rise.

We are here for the post rev 3 rise.
+1000
Driv3n

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:09:37 AM

The thing is, this only matters if you have to integrate new tech into the POS platform.

With NFC payments, an XC mastercard, and in-app XC purchases with fiat, there'll be no need for any backend integration. So it's an incredibly efficient way to get massive market penetration, and it'll lower the barrier to entry for normal non-techie people right down to the floor.

Exciting times ahead, those all sound amazing.

Arlyn thanks for everything, I know we ask a lot out of you (some more than others lol).
Mwalshe89

Activity: 233

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 12:13:59 AM

Completely agreed.   No date until it's completely ready.   Why give trolls materials to FUD.   Long term holders don't care about short term delivery.  We are here for the post rev 3 rise.

We are here for the post rev 3 rise.
+1000

The rise will happen before the release IMO.

I even think we'll crack 0.003 again and stabilise once 2.5 is out. After that rev 3 will take us above and beyond the 0.01 range
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 12:15:26 AM

Exciting times ahead, those all sound amazing.

Arlyn thanks for everything, I know we ask a lot out of you (some more than others lol).

Thanks Driv3n. Heh. People have such high hopes for XC, and such battered trust from other altcoins, that it's not always feasible to make everyone happy.

But hey, the future is bright. I've really got nothing to complain about. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 [848] 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: