Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:19:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Driv3n

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:54:26 PM

About to get back onto social media and do my thing, I sent a couple emails to coindesk too.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:54:51 PM

Amazing that people would dump 25k BTC into Ether when we have some amazing innovation going on here.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 10:00:52 PM

Great work!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
_evolution_

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:02:09 PM

Trying to send synechist a message and getting error message 'message encryption failed'.

No issues here.  Been chatting with multiple people.   Are you using RC3?

On what operating system? The issue can be reproduced on OS X only. Here are my details:

{
    "version" : "v0.9.2.47h.XCurrency-2.47",
    "protocolversion" : 71030,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "blocks" : 84742,
    "moneysupply" : 5522632.98602700,
    "connections" : 6,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 5205.79639598,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1405241968,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "unlocked_until" : 0,
    "errors" : ""
}
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:07:25 PM

Hey guys, I would like to add something. A lot of times its been said that current price doesn't matter. I can tell you that statement is completely faulse. Current price and an upward trending price matter a lot. Any "investor" wants to see a continued return on investment. If they don't, they walk away. If they walk away, they don't usually come back. It becomes too risky because history says its a bad bet. Also, even though day traders and whales have a tendency to dictate the market, in the end without bitcoin we might as well be trading vegtables. If we want XC to overtake bitcoin one day, investors are key. They want to see innovation and development. They won't mind donating a few XC to a marketing campaign or what have you if it in turn helps put money in their pocket. I work for an investment firm, so I know what I'm talking about. You can't pitch something to an investor without showing them evidence that their investment will payoff. So...... Get out there and spread the word about XC. Anyone that has privileged information that is allowed to share should. If you let these forums go stale without any updates to intise people to jump on board, then you can kiss your investment goodbye!

Current price doesn't matter. Fullstop. I'm not going to go personal on this, but I very much doubt you understand this space in comparison to actual institutional investing.

As you are someone who works for an investment fund, you must realise this space is completely different from traditional markets. This whole idea of a pump and dump philosophy can easily be paraphrased to cover short term investment decisions, something which this space I'd argue is 90% full of. While in comparison real world markets are completely the opposite. This completely changes the market dynamics to a point where actual price isn't reflective at all of actual value. The current price is more reflective of a lack of short term opportunity, rather than a reflection of actual innovation and value.

The thing is, the innovation is what will set the long term price. The issue is that the innovation one isn't fully complete, and two hasn't been advertised. When Rev 3 comes out, and the system is fully functional, expect a huge amount of long term investors to get involved as the true value is realised. This will stabilise the price allot higher than it is now. Honestly, as an ex institutional investor myself, and working alongside institutional investors, we won't even consider setting a sell point until the price breaks 0.01, and until the long term investment arrives and the price is stabilised.

We believe with near 100% confidence this rise will be extremely sharp, it just needs a catalyst. See DRKs rise for a prime example. As at now, even just based on Rev 2, XC outperforms DRK as an anonymous technology, it also, in our eyes, where extensive due diligence has been conducted, has a considerably more capable team. The fact XC built a better system in six weeks compared to DRKs six months is testament to this. On top of this, you have major innovations planned such as staking wallets, VISA cards and a revolutionary collaboration with PoBC. While we have very little understanding of what this entails, if it is what we think it is, it will change the entire alt coin space in a more significant way than PoS did. And these are just the innovations we understand, Web 3.0 and Blockchain 2.0 sound just as groundbreaking.

Anyways, to all this dying crap. I can outright tell you this coin won't die. While all the short term investors might sell, long term investors like myself and the investors I am in contact with believe in this project far over any other as an investment decision. We know exacly where its going and exactly what sort of return we will get. To summarise, if we have to spend $3 million and outright buy the majority of the coins in circulation we will. We believe in this project 100%, and most importantly, we believe in the team 100%.

Heres a warning for all the short term investors, I'm heading back to London in two weeks and ill be allot more active then. Ill also be sitting down with some very important people once i settle to discuss alternative investment strategies for their personal funds. All im going to say is be very careful. Buy while the price is low. Don't miss the boat. We don't want to build a monopoly on the coins in circulation but unless other people want to bite, we will. These are big fish. And we are most likely not the only big fish examining this space and watching the situation very closely.

Ill end on this, how long do you think the competition can stay ahead of us when we innovate faster and better? There will be a day of reckoning, I gaurentee it. Media exposure or not, technology is black and white. Exposure will happen.

Ill see you all when we hit 0.01

To the team, keep up the great work guys. Ill be seeing you all in person some time soon.

Take care,

Michael

^ Bump ^ - this great comment from mike x 3 still stands in my mind. Look forward to hearing from him soon.

I was actually thinking about that post today as I was looking at the 90 day charts.  I wonder if the "mysterious whale" is someone with the same mindset, keeping the price at just the right level for just the right amount of time to entice and involve larger investors.  For the altcoin scene, yeah, we've come quite a way (and quickly at that) but I'd imagine traditional investment firms that focus on technology need a more complete product first.

I mean, only in the altcoin world can you make promises only and watch your price surge 40-400% in days, only to watch it whither to nothingness when even the slightest thing goes awry (or for no reason other than whales wanting to dump and take profits).

XC just feels like a straight up business that provides products of a business class. Most other coins just reek of dirty laundry, 3 day old pizza, and half-empty bottles of mountain dew, even if there are some decent ideas here and there.  I feel like a serious investors with serious money are the ones most likely to take a look at XC, and someone out there other than us knows it Smiley.

I'll take a long period of stability, and then an eventual surge in price over all the other crap that the altcoin scene has to offer.
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810
Merit: 500

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:17:58 PM

I was actually thinking about that post today as I was looking at the 90 day charts.  I wonder if the "mysterious whale" is someone with the same mindset, keeping the price at just the right level for just the right amount of time to entice and involve larger investors.  For the altcoin scene, yeah, we've come quite a way (and quickly at that) but I'd imagine traditional investment firms that focus on technology need a more complete product first.

I mean, only in the altcoin world can you make promises only and watch your price surge 40-400% in days, only to watch it whither to nothingness when even the slightest thing goes awry (or for no reason other than whales wanting to dump and take profits).

XC just feels like a straight up business that provides products of a business class. Most other coins just reek of dirty laundry, 3 day old pizza, and half-empty bottles of mountain dew, even if there are some decent ideas here and there.  I feel like a serious investors with serious money are the ones most likely to take a look at XC, and someone out there other than us knows it Smiley.

I'll take a long period of stability, and then an eventual surge in price over all the other crap that the altcoin scene has to offer.

+1, If I was sober I would have expressed the same sentiment.  Maybe with a couple profanities splashed here and there for effect. 

You hit that bang on sir.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:23:56 PM

I know this is a known issue (it must be) but any time i sync my wallet i have to close it and reopen because after a few minutes of syncing it just stops at some random block (like the nodes refuse to send data after a set amount?) anyways I havent run accross this in other wallets of which ive dealt with maybe 100.  is this something in the design thats broken or an attempt to limit traffic or???

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:34:31 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 10:54:31 PM by policymaker

Yes, pretty much all the crypto news sites are being contacted.

Basically the crypto world is finally realising that XC is not some marginal and shady project.

We've all known this for months - and for this our investments will be the most profitable - but it takes this long for the word to leak out.

What every bagholder needs to do is market the living daylights out of XC.

Most people in this community have gone all in, and so it's essential that we get new people involved.

If you can't put the price up by buying, put it up by raising awareness of XC's awesome tech!

This is very true, making people aware of the coin is crucial to its adoption.. i did not know about it till i saw synechist post in my thread about the pros and cons of anon coins... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718489.msg8117485#msg8117485

Synechist is doing a great job, freedomcoin is living proof. Just check his OP about XC's pros and cons and you will realise why.

Team is doing WONDERS, we are experience true innovation and we have the whole front row booked already.

I have complete faith in team and their plans, they have not let us down. I am making XC known to every inch of greek community.

I will be buying a tor stick asap, and intend to try the iso as well!

Concerning the jasinlee case, this is NOT the topic to discuss about it, and he is NOT the main dev nor was here from the start. It is a completely different thing than XC.

Concerning the fat whale supressing the price: He is real, Im not sure whether its a couple or just 1 trader, I know he is good at what he does, and there are 2 cases: first case is its a good fish and just tries to stock up/supress till he gets more funds to accumulate, or second case he is a true, malevolent manipulator. I hope its not the second, because if it is then the community and team should do something about it, im just not sure what. Maybe fill his orders and dry him out. Big holders should be able to help with that.

Last but not least, I would love to remind youn people that you can discuss price in our PST topic, and read a newb friendly coin control guide, both in my sig. If you don't know what coin control is you probably need to read it.

edit: If this doesn't describe XC fully, I don't know what does.

ps: BUGS: XC installation double-runs for me and wallet errors on startup. Eventually opens! Prefer a nice clean qt to installation tbh! Tongue

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
dannyspk

Activity: 341

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:47:27 PM

There seems to be a whale fight going on right now at MintPal. Looks like anyone shouldn't risk shorting right now. There might be hundreds and hundreds of BTC waiting on sidelines which doesn't show up on orderbooks.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:51:20 PM

There seems to be a whale fight going on right now at MintPal. Looks like anyone shouldn't risk shorting right now. There might be hundreds and hundreds of BTC waiting on sidelines which doesn't show up on orderbooks.

I agree... We are about to catch light.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:00:32 PM

88flaminchevy

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:05:03 PM

Hey guys, I would like to add something. A lot of times its been said that current price doesn't matter. I can tell you that statement is completely faulse. Current price and an upward trending price matter a lot. Any "investor" wants to see a continued return on investment. If they don't, they walk away. If they walk away, they don't usually come back. It becomes too risky because history says its a bad bet. Also, even though day traders and whales have a tendency to dictate the market, in the end without bitcoin we might as well be trading vegtables. If we want XC to overtake bitcoin one day, investors are key. They want to see innovation and development. They won't mind donating a few XC to a marketing campaign or what have you if it in turn helps put money in their pocket. I work for an investment firm, so I know what I'm talking about. You can't pitch something to an investor without showing them evidence that their investment will payoff. So...... Get out there and spread the word about XC. Anyone that has privileged information that is allowed to share should. If you let these forums go stale without any updates to intise people to jump on board, then you can kiss your investment goodbye!

Current price doesn't matter. Fullstop. I'm not going to go personal on this, but I very much doubt you understand this space in comparison to actual institutional investing.

As you are someone who works for an investment fund, you must realise this space is completely different from traditional markets. This whole idea of a pump and dump philosophy can easily be paraphrased to cover short term investment decisions, something which this space I'd argue is 90% full of. While in comparison real world markets are completely the opposite. This completely changes the market dynamics to a point where actual price isn't reflective at all of actual value. The current price is more reflective of a lack of short term opportunity, rather than a reflection of actual innovation and value.

The thing is, the innovation is what will set the long term price. The issue is that the innovation one isn't fully complete, and two hasn't been advertised. When Rev 3 comes out, and the system is fully functional, expect a huge amount of long term investors to get involved as the true value is realised. This will stabilise the price allot higher than it is now. Honestly, as an ex institutional investor myself, and working alongside institutional investors, we won't even consider setting a sell point until the price breaks 0.01, and until the long term investment arrives and the price is stabilised.

We believe with near 100% confidence this rise will be extremely sharp, it just needs a catalyst. See DRKs rise for a prime example. As at now, even just based on Rev 2, XC outperforms DRK as an anonymous technology, it also, in our eyes, where extensive due diligence has been conducted, has a considerably more capable team. The fact XC built a better system in six weeks compared to DRKs six months is testament to this. On top of this, you have major innovations planned such as staking wallets, VISA cards and a revolutionary collaboration with PoBC. While we have very little understanding of what this entails, if it is what we think it is, it will change the entire alt coin space in a more significant way than PoS did. And these are just the innovations we understand, Web 3.0 and Blockchain 2.0 sound just as groundbreaking.

Anyways, to all this dying crap. I can outright tell you this coin won't die. While all the short term investors might sell, long term investors like myself and the investors I am in contact with believe in this project far over any other as an investment decision. We know exacly where its going and exactly what sort of return we will get. To summarise, if we have to spend $3 million and outright buy the majority of the coins in circulation we will. We believe in this project 100%, and most importantly, we believe in the team 100%.

Heres a warning for all the short term investors, I'm heading back to London in two weeks and ill be allot more active then. Ill also be sitting down with some very important people once i settle to discuss alternative investment strategies for their personal funds. All im going to say is be very careful. Buy while the price is low. Don't miss the boat. We don't want to build a monopoly on the coins in circulation but unless other people want to bite, we will. These are big fish. And we are most likely not the only big fish examining this space and watching the situation very closely.

Ill end on this, how long do you think the competition can stay ahead of us when we innovate faster and better? There will be a day of reckoning, I gaurentee it. Media exposure or not, technology is black and white. Exposure will happen.

Ill see you all when we hit 0.01

To the team, keep up the great work guys. Ill be seeing you all in person some time soon.

Take care,

Michael

^ Bump ^ - this great comment from mike x 3 still stands in my mind. Look forward to hearing from him soon.

Just so you guys understand, why I never really responded to Mike's post....... Though I think some of his points are valid, I'm worried what his involvement as a serious investor will do.  He scared the crap out of me when he said, "To summarize, if we have to spend $3 million and outright buy the majority of the coins in circulation we will".  Does anyone actually understand what that would do to XC?  If you don't, just look at the price right now....... complete control and manipulation of price.  With that kind of buy capitol, he can suppress the price to get all his investors in, then pump, then massive dump!  We will all be pawns in his world.  His end game will be to dump on all of us and walk away while we try to chase the price down to sell and get out too.  Not only will XC price fall in the toilet, it will send a shock wave thought the coin community showing how easily big investors can crash the market.  Honestly, sorry to say guys, but I think he and his investors are already in and we are currently seeing exactly what I'm talking about........  Hope I'm wrong!      
policymaker

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:08:48 PM

I really don't think that is mike, because we have seen how easily XC can be pumped, and how much more expensive it can be, I really don't think they would play with cents when they can probably play with whole dollars if you get what I mean.

Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
88flaminchevy

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:17:27 PM

I really don't think that is mike, because we have seen how easily XC can be pumped, and how much more expensive it can be, I really don't think they would play with cents when they can probably play with whole dollars if you get what I mean.

Whole dollar coins gets you a lot less coins.  That's part of my point.  He basically said without coming staight out and saying it, he can only afford to control price of XC because our coins are cheaper.  He's also picking XC because XC is a great coin and people will believe the price is climbing because of that.  He can't manipulate price of a shit coin that costs nothing because people won't buy into the price climb.  Also he can't do it with something like BTC because he doesn't have enough capitol to make a difference.
tr8kr

Activity: 661

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:21:17 PM

No logic why they are going to buy all coin when many coin are already on wallet staking ... The way i see the talk of mikemikemike its that if they want to buy the foundation of XC they can, and after that XC are going to become like share on big enterprise (facebook,twitter,google...).

That's what i understand !

hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:22:00 PM

Just so you guys understand, why I never really responded to Mike's post....... Though I think some of his points are valid, I'm worried what his involvement as a serious investor will do.  He scared the crap out of me when he said, "To summarize, if we have to spend $3 million and outright buy the majority of the coins in circulation we will".  Does anyone actually understand what that would do to XC?  If you don't, just look at the price right now....... complete control and manipulation of price.  With that kind of buy capitol, he can suppress the price to get all his investors in, then pump, then massive dump!  We will all be pawns in his world.  His end game will be to dump on all of us and walk away while we try to chase the price down to sell and get out too.  Not only will XC price fall in the toilet, it will send a shock wave thought the coin community showing how easily big investors can crash the market.  Honestly, sorry to say guys, but I think he and his investors are already in and we are currently seeing exactly what I'm talking about........  Hope I'm wrong!      

you sound like you have no power what so ever , thats nonsense. Its a free market , supply and demand, if you hold XC YOU decide at which price you let them go. nobody is forced to sell or buy ever. every sell is a free agreement of two parties.
demgains

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:22:47 PM

Whole dollar coins gets you a lot less coins.  That's part of my point.  He basically said without coming staight out and saying it, he can only afford to control price of XC because our coins are cheaper.  He's also picking XC because XC is a great coin and people will believe the price is climbing because of that.  He can't manipulate price of a shit coin that costs nothing because people won't buy into the price climb.  Also he can't do it with something like BTC because he doesn't have enough capitol to make a difference.

unless his investors are also familiar with the crypto world, I stongly doubt he and his investors will have much of an influence on the price. Alot of people are skeptical about investing into bitcoin, now they are supposed to invest into an altcoin thats only been around for 2 months? You won't find any legitimate investors willing to pool in millions to get into XC atm. I'm sorry that's just silly.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:25:05 PM

Whole dollar coins gets you a lot less coins.  That's part of my point.  He basically said without coming staight out and saying it, he can only afford to control price of XC because our coins are cheaper.  He's also picking XC because XC is a great coin and people will believe the price is climbing because of that.  He can't manipulate price of a shit coin that costs nothing because people won't buy into the price climb.  Also he can't do it with something like BTC because he doesn't have enough capitol to make a difference.

With all do respect dude (88flaminchevy), you seem to be new at the whole crypto world. This is a very positive comment by someone that very excited about XC and sincerely wants it to succeed. To spin this and make it sound like a negative and instill fear in traders shows me your lack of experience. If you don't want to invest in XC, please move on. Mike x 3 is respected in the XC community and many of us have really benefited from his advice. Please keep it that way. Enough said.
policymaker

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:26:11 PM

yeah my point is he could to do that to cloak or even darkcoin as well, its not that much of a difference, if they are experienced traders and know what they are doing they could use a coin with better volume now I guess? Or is this false? not sure

Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:30:33 PM

The sells would occur off exchange anyway so the price wouldnt be affected much if at all when that happens.
Pages: « 1 ... 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: