Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:18:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet.  (Read 82559 times)
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:37:03 PM

Poor, you are missing the bigger picture. If we spend 12,000 USD on votes and we get one pump (who can even guess how high it will even go) what does that do for our infrastructure if we cannot pay developers for the actual work we are doing. If this was a good idea then paying a team of pumping whales to get DCM to .001-.005 is even better. The downside is after the dump it may be this project is unrecoverable. We are thinking longer term, or Id have just launched this coin solo, pocketed 90k myself pumped the price make another 500btc and moved on.

If those in the community are not here for the long run then this currency and its goals may not be the best choice for you. We are committed to not only raising the value of DCM over time, but to raise the value of digital money to the public's perception as well.

We are working internally on 3 very big projects that have never been done by a dev team that is growing their coin. More details will be released after everything has been mapped out and the money/legality is proven sound.

xamido

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:47:40 PM

Here's the thing, i can stick with this coin for a long time but the dev is what i'm worried about. How determined you guys to stay with the coin during hard times like this? Usually it's the dev that given up, not the holder.
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:55:12 PM

Here's the thing, i can stick with this coin for a long time but the dev is what i'm worried about. How determined you guys to stay with the coin during hard times like this? Usually it's the dev that given up, not the holder.

We are very active and committed to DCM longterm, our actions prove this and will continue to prove it. All of us have a vested interest in our currency. Those buying right now at nearly half the IPO price stand to make a fortune as we continue to deliver on our mission and goals. This includes our team who are all large holders.
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:55:27 PM

I'm pretty positive the devs will not give up on this coin.  They are all well known throughout the crypto world, and abandoning this coin would not do well on their reputations.  

I personally just don't see that being a concern right now. We all have a common goal, and that is for this coin to succeed.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:04:43 PM

Poor, you are missing the bigger picture. If we spend 12,000 USD on votes and we get one pump (who can even guess how high it will even go) what does that do for our infrastructure if we cannot pay developers for the actual work we are doing. If this was a good idea then paying a team of pumping whales to get DCM to .001-.005 is even better. The downside is after the dump it may be this project is unrecoverable. We are thinking longer term, or Id have just launched this coin solo, pocketed 90k myself pumped the price make another 500btc and moved on.

If those in the community are not here for the long run then this currency and its goals may not be the best choice for you. We are committed to not only raising the value of DCM over time, but to raise the value of digital money to the public's perception as well.

We are working internally on 3 very big projects that have never been done by a dev team that is growing their coin. More details will be released after everything has been mapped out and the money/legality is proven sound.

I'm not looking at it from the perspective of a MP pump. Notice I didn't say to vote the coin to the very top of the list ... you just want to get the coin some attention, get MP within sight and give people a reason to hold the coin.  People are less likely to dump at cheap prices if they know a payday is coming.

It would take weeks of voting, maybe a month or two, at the least, to move a coin from the top 10 to number 1, so it buys the team some time. That's all I am saying, you need some breathing room to do the things you guys have planned and keep the price stable. You guys did take in over 100 btc, using some on MP shouldn't really put a damper on any future plans... I mean, it should be plenty of coin to do both.

Perhaps MP won't be needed and I am wrong. I just have the feeling that you guys are working on a different timescale than investors will want ... they see an ever-falling price, promises of nice things in the future... and wait. Crypto people have such insanely short attention spans that a week of silence to them means the devs have vanished and a coin will die. It's just the way it is. And whenever a coin falls below ipo prices it should be a wake up call to the devs that they need to do something, and do it quickly.

So whatever you guys have planned, I suggest moving your time table up and get something out there as soon as you can.

kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:13:29 PM

Amr (User)
07/06/2014 9:38 PM
Hello

i would like to see Digital commerce being added to Mintpal voting list

great coin with amazing team leading it

thread link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636470.0

--------------

MintPal Jason (Staff)
09/06/2014 10:37 AM
Hi,

Your coin has now been added to our public voting page (https://www.mintpal.com/voting). Periodically we will select the top coin from the list and add it to the website.

Happy voting!

--------------
Kind Regards,
MintPal Jason
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:14:36 PM

I'm not looking at it from the perspective of a MP pump. Notice I didn't say to vote the coin to the very top of the list ... you just want to get the coin some attention, get MP within sight and give people a reason to hold the coin.  People are less likely to dump at cheap prices if they know a payday is coming.

It would take weeks of voting, maybe a month or two, at the least, to move a coin from the top 10 to number 1, so it buys the team some time. That's all I am saying, you need some breathing room to do the things you guys have planned and keep the price stable. You guys did take in over 100 btc, using some on MP shouldn't really put a damper on any future plans... I mean, it should be plenty of coin to do both.

Perhaps MP won't be needed and I am wrong. I just have the feeling that you guys are working on a different timescale than investors will want ... they see an ever-falling price, promises of nice things in the future... and wait. Crypto people have such insanely short attention spans that a week of silence to them means the devs have vanished and a coin will die. It's just the way it is. And whenever a coin falls below ipo prices it should be a wake up call to the devs that they need to do something, and do it quickly.

So whatever you guys have planned, I suggest moving your time table up and get something out there as soon as you can.

That's all very true, we have internally started pushing time frames up, we are just making sure that the code behind these services is triple checked for accuracy and error free. Good things in this coin will come to those who wait, I cannot stress this more. We are giving it 110% though to be time sensitive and your suggestions are weighed considerably.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:24:06 PM

That's all very true, we have internally started pushing time frames up, we are just making sure that the code behind these services is triple checked for accuracy and error free. Good things in this coin will come to those who wait, I cannot stress this more. We are giving it 110% though to be time sensitive and your suggestions are weighed considerably.

As for other ways to keep the price stable, temporarily boosting the multipool prices may help. Yep, it's a short-term bandaid. But when you are bleeding away, anything at all can help. You just want to buy some time right now and get the coin at a decent floor. Even if that floor is below ipo levels, so long as it remains stable, you can work from there.

You can also try smaller exchanges ... swisscex, kingcoiny, austin global, etc. It's not much, but no harm in extra exchanges. And try to see if you can get polo to speed up their review process a bit.

Even if you don't want to pay for MP voting just yet, you may wish to use some funds to pay for voting contests/giveaways. They tend to spur on a coin's community a bit, and of course the extra bonus is more votes.
steady712

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:27:30 PM

This is only a suggestion to the list of bounty that we must establish:

BOUNTY LIST:

Translations
Games
Video (marketing and professional tutorial)
Marketing/fanart image
Faucet
Another explorer
Articles
Merchants and services
Wiki
Mobile App
Infographic (something like http://spectrum.ieee.org/img/06Bitcoin-1338412974774.jpg)
Other Things
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:32:00 PM

This is only a suggestion to the list of bounty that we must establish:

BOUNTY LIST:

Translations
Games
Video (marketing and professional tutorial)
Marketing/fanart image
Faucet
Another explorer
Articles
Merchants and services
Wiki
Mobile App
Infographic (something like http://spectrum.ieee.org/img/06Bitcoin-1338412974774.jpg)
Other Things

We have some of those things now and in the works, a few of those are excellent ideas though and very doable. Thank you for these!
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:33:42 PM

Forgot one last thing. Although I know the dev team seemingly is against it, and so are a number of people here in this thread, you may wish to consider the anonymity idea again.

If you have a unique way of implementing it, and can do so in a reasonable time frame, I'd suggest strongly considering it.

Dangling the anonymity carrot is one way to stabilize the price. But I should stress it needs to be a real carrot, not some far off, vague, or false promise like so many other devs have done lately.
legacyfighter

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:38:44 PM

Why not use part of the IPO to set up a moving buy wall? Start it out at say 5000, then as once current price is say 6500, move it up to 6000. Do this until the price has gotten close to 8k and has stabilized some. Worse case scenario, the devs pick up some more coins. As long as the devs keep up their hard work, the price will have to go up. This should be profitable to everyone except the dumpers. I have faith in this coin, and I've been holding and accumulating since the IPO.
Wallenstein

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:17:03 PM

I'm pretty positive the devs will not give up on this coin.  They are all well known throughout the crypto world, and abandoning this coin would not do well on their reputations.  

I personally just don't see that being a concern right now. We all have a common goal, and that is for this coin to succeed.
Thank you for your vote of confidence. I can state a few things in this regard:

1) If we would have wanted to pull a scam and run with the money, we would have already done so on day 1 after the IPO
2) This coin was carefully planned. We will stick to it and continue to execute on our plans.
3) We had a (virtual) team meeting today where everybody attended and reaffirmed their commitment to the project.

I don't have a crystal ball to look info the future, but I think we've regrouped from the disastrous launch and are ready to move forward. We will keep you posted as to how things are going when we have something tangible to share. The one thing we won't do is (pre)announce vaporware that we can't deliver on.
kahir
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:32:35 PM

Thank you for your vote of confidence. I can state a few things in this regard:

1) If we would have wanted to pull a scam and run with the money, we would have already done so on day 1 after the IPO
2) This coin was carefully planned. We will stick to it and continue to execute on our plans.
3) We had a (virtual) team meeting today where everybody attended and reaffirmed their commitment to the project.

I don't have a crystal ball to look info the future, but I think we've regrouped from the disastrous launch and are ready to move forward. We will keep you posted as to how things are going when we have something tangible to share. The one thing we won't do is (pre)announce vaporware that we can't deliver on.

Making announce of future plan or things to come ... get things going make more people know DCM and how promising it is
merk475

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:48:51 PM

Honestly the launch was perfect.  Sold out IPO.  A kick ass wallet that worked from the start with little to no problems (none for me).  And a post IPO rise in price.  The disasterous part was a rougue ex-dev member and FUD that tried to destroy this coin. 

I agree that it's not a good idea to announce something that has a chance of failing.  Because if something does go wrong investors panic and the price of the alt drops drastically. 

If you want a few examples of crazy stuff happening in the alt coin world and how it's rittled with scammers and people that don't know what they are doing, just check out Honorcoin (fake promises of anonymous features, a disappearing dev, and deleted website pages) and Millionairecoin (that forked from the beginning after the IPO didn't sell out and it dropped 70% in the first half hour after IPO was over). 

Our devs are here.......and available......and want the coin to succeed.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:57:25 PM

Honestly the launch was perfect.  Sold out IPO.  A kick ass wallet that worked from the start with little to no problems (none for me).  And a post IPO rise in price.  The disasterous part was a rougue ex-dev member and FUD that tried to destroy this coin. 

I agree that it's not a good idea to announce something that has a chance of failing.  Because if something does go wrong investors panic and the price of the alt drops drastically. 

If you want a few examples of crazy stuff happening in the alt coin world and how it's rittled with scammers and people that don't know what they are doing, just check out Honorcoin (fake promises of anonymous features, a disappearing dev, and deleted website pages) and Millionairecoin (that forked from the beginning after the IPO didn't sell out and it dropped 70% in the first half hour after IPO was over). 

Our devs are here.......and available......and want the coin to succeed.

I agree as to the launch... it went pretty much as well as anyone could have hoped for. It was the insane ex-dev that caused all the problems.

Although I also agree about not announcing stuff that may not see the light of day, or could fail, I do think the devs should announce stuff they are reasonably sure will get to completion. The price is still very iffy with basically no elbow room between bad, but workable prices and rock bottom.

And I feel bad for the mil coin investors. The numbers never made any sense in regard to them making profit, and that was without a fork and if the dev was halfway decent. It still beats me why polo decided to accept that coin for an ipo. They could have randomly chosen any new coin here on the ann board and probably have done better. The honorcoin thing is something I expect to see more of... it was spurred on by drk's success... why bother to even code real anonymity when you can simply lie about it?
merk475

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:04:37 PM

I agree as to the launch... it went pretty much as well as anyone could have hoped for. It was the insane ex-dev that caused all the problems.

Although I also agree about not announcing stuff that may not see the light of day, or could fail, I do think the devs should announce stuff they are reasonably sure will get to completion. The price is still very iffy with basically no elbow room between bad, but workable prices and rock bottom.

And I feel bad for the mil coin investors. The numbers never made any sense in regard to them making profit, and that was without a fork and if the dev was halfway decent. It still beats me why polo decided to accept that coin for an ipo. They could have randomly chosen any new coin here on the ann board and probably have done better. The honorcoin thing is something I expect to see more of... it was spurred on by drk's success... why bother to even code real anonymity when you can simply lie about it?

I agree with your statement about announcing stuff that the devs are reasonably sure will get completed. 

Lying about anonymity is the "it thing" right now. But eventually it will be like the boy who cried wolf.  Investors will not invest in a coin that is anonymous.  It will have to be proven before people dive back into it, and coins that boast a future anonymous function will not have any investors since so many have been burned.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:12:13 PM

I agree with your statement about announcing stuff that the devs are reasonably sure will get completed. 

Lying about anonymity is the "it thing" right now. But eventually it will be like the boy who cried wolf.  Investors will not invest in a coin that is anonymous.  It will have to be proven before people dive back into it, and coins that boast a future anonymous function will not have any investors since so many have been burned.

I wonder if they are at that point now in regarding anonymity and false promises. I was surprised people fell for it the first time, with liberty, dream, bank, etc. I wonder if scammers will simply become more elaborate though -- incorporate a certain level of anonymity, a simple mixer, something, but work under the closed source model until completion. Basically become an evil version of Drk with nothing under the hood.

So far, the scams basically fell apart at the start, as they had nothing working at all. More complex scams could have just enough working to fool people.
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:43:24 PM

I wonder if they are at that point now in regarding anonymity and false promises. I was surprised people fell for it the first time, with liberty, dream, bank, etc. I wonder if scammers will simply become more elaborate though -- incorporate a certain level of anonymity, a simple mixer, something, but work under the closed source model until completion. Basically become an evil version of Drk with nothing under the hood.

So far, the scams basically fell apart at the start, as they had nothing working at all. More complex scams could have just enough working to fool people.

The scams are starting to fall apart as you can see all over the forums, pretty soon legitimate development and not fabled hype will make supporters of DCM happy they gave us trust. The only hype the Digital Commerce team will send out is solid provable solutions to digital money, and we will show everyone why this project is going to the top.

Happy trading everyone!

Oh, so far today I've emailed the top 15 exchanges to accept DCM except cryptsy, which I'll do later unless someone beats me to it.
kahir
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:45:48 PM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#DCM
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: