Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:35:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet.  (Read 82556 times)
Wallenstein

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:15:50 PM

I agree as to the launch... it went pretty much as well as anyone could have hoped for. It was the insane ex-dev that caused all the problems.

Although I also agree about not announcing stuff that may not see the light of day, or could fail, I do think the devs should announce stuff they are reasonably sure will get to completion. The price is still very iffy with basically no elbow room between bad, but workable prices and rock bottom.

And I feel bad for the mil coin investors. The numbers never made any sense in regard to them making profit, and that was without a fork and if the dev was halfway decent. It still beats me why polo decided to accept that coin for an ipo. They could have randomly chosen any new coin here on the ann board and probably have done better. The honorcoin thing is something I expect to see more of... it was spurred on by drk's success... why bother to even code real anonymity when you can simply lie about it?

I agree with your statement about announcing stuff that the devs are reasonably sure will get completed.  

Lying about anonymity is the "it thing" right now. But eventually it will be like the boy who cried wolf.  Investors will not invest in a coin that is anonymous.  It will have to be proven before people dive back into it, and coins that boast a future anonymous function will not have any investors since so many have been burned.

But if you think about it, there can be no true anonymity. Because if it existed, your walled could never know or prove that you have received a transaction. The current anonymity models only make it a little more difficult to find out what's happened, but now you've replaced your trust in the (well understood and open-source) blockchain with a trust in a closed source box. What if this closed source box is coded to steal from every 1000th transaction or simply generate new coins in some malicious way? You would never know. And the anonymity only works as long as that black box is not hacked. Or even worse, when the feds show up with a warrant and just confiscate your server. Boom, your anonymity is gone. At best, it never was more than skin deep.

And also: why does everybody want anon? If you want a coin to reach real-world adoption, you really shouldn't care about anon. Because nobody cares that you bought a stereo with your coins. Buying a pound of cocaine is a different matter, but you'd probably want to use cash for that anyways. I think it's a fad that's currently way overblown and that will subside again. We are looking into options on this matter but as technically sophisticated as the current solutions may be, we're underwhelmed by their bottom line implications because you end up trading decentralization for a layer of anonymity which can definitely be pierced by a determined and resourceful attacked (like the Feds with their warrant).
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:23:52 PM

I agree as to the launch... it went pretty much as well as anyone could have hoped for. It was the insane ex-dev that caused all the problems.

Although I also agree about not announcing stuff that may not see the light of day, or could fail, I do think the devs should announce stuff they are reasonably sure will get to completion. The price is still very iffy with basically no elbow room between bad, but workable prices and rock bottom.

And I feel bad for the mil coin investors. The numbers never made any sense in regard to them making profit, and that was without a fork and if the dev was halfway decent. It still beats me why polo decided to accept that coin for an ipo. They could have randomly chosen any new coin here on the ann board and probably have done better. The honorcoin thing is something I expect to see more of... it was spurred on by drk's success... why bother to even code real anonymity when you can simply lie about it?

I agree with your statement about announcing stuff that the devs are reasonably sure will get completed.  

Lying about anonymity is the "it thing" right now. But eventually it will be like the boy who cried wolf.  Investors will not invest in a coin that is anonymous.  It will have to be proven before people dive back into it, and coins that boast a future anonymous function will not have any investors since so many have been burned.

But if you think about it, there can be no true anonymity. Because if it existed, your walled could never know or prove that you have received a transaction. The current anonymity models only make it a little more difficult to find out what's happened, but now you've replaced your trust in the (well understood and open-source) blockchain with a trust in a closed source box. What if this closed source box is coded to steal from every 1000th transaction or simply generate new coins in some malicious way? You would never know. And the anonymity only works as long as that black box is not hacked. Or even worse, when the feds show up with a warrant and just confiscate your server. Boom, your anonymity is gone. At best, it never was more than skin deep.

And also: why does everybody want anon? If you want a coin to reach real-world adoption, you really shouldn't care about anon. Because nobody cares that you bought a stereo with your coins. Buying a pound of cocaine is a different matter, but you'd probably want to use cash for that anyways. I think it's a fad that's currently way overblown and that will subside again. We are looking into options on this matter but as technically sophisticated as the current solutions may be, we're underwhelmed by their bottom line implications because you end up trading decentralization for a layer of anonymity which can definitely be pierced by a determined and resourceful attacked (like the Feds with their warrant).

but...but...well...bitcoin is already anonymous, lol, just use it behind tor and you're good to go.
and I don't see why you need anon coins...in which way anonymous, because I really don't understand. Anon to send from an address to another address and nobody can know where the coins are coming from.
What you gonna do when you have to cash out?

If you want anon coins, just run any coin through an exchange and that's it Smiley
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:34:03 PM

Its good to see we have honest and intelligent people in this community as well as my team. Well put Wallenstein, I couldn't have worded it any better.
CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:37:16 PM

Has anyone shopped at Bitcoinshop (http://bitscoinshop.com.br/en/)?

I mean, not even using SSL.. Seems kinda fishy. I am interested in shopping there but i dont want to take the risk of never receiving my product.
I guess not then..

We need a shop that is trustworthy.

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:45:32 PM

Has anyone shopped at Bitcoinshop (http://bitscoinshop.com.br/en/)?

I mean, not even using SSL.. Seems kinda fishy. I am interested in shopping there but i dont want to take the risk of never receiving my product.
I guess not then..

We need a shop that is trustworthy.

I believe they have supported a few coins in the past, Heavycoin is the one I know for sure. When I worked briefly for keccak they were trustworthy. I gave them a 1000 DCM bounty to give everyone a discount on purchases. Just to be sure I'll make the first purchase on their site and post pics like I did for a coffee vendor who accepts crypto.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:47:09 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 12:38:43 AM by poornamelessme

Nothing is going to be 100% anonymous. Nothing will necessarily be  NSA-proof, guaranteed, without a doubt, anonymity. As for current models, we have darksend, which will be open sourced by the way, so it's not like it'll be closed sourced by the time people use it. It's only closed sourced to avoid the issues we are seeing now... basically every cloner trying to make their own anon feature and failing at it. The other flavor is cryptonote, which I honestly don't know much about. And then there are simple mixers, which would fit your model of centralization.

It's a fad because Drk shot up, and people figured out they could lie about anon features and people wouldn't notice... at first. That's how all alt fads seem to start, whatever makes money for that month is the popular thing. I do think the ability to have anonymous transactions do add value to a coin, simply for the unique factor when compared to bitcoin. I'd say the same about things like Ethereum and MaidSafe.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:39:24 PM

I'm reposting this because there was literally no reaction to this good piece of news; maybe people have missed it.

Our web designer has been working through the weekend and has provided us with our first preliminary design for a product display for our marketplace list view.

We would like to express that this is a preliminary design/idea which we will be reviewing during the course of next week. At this point anything we share is subject to change with further refinement/enhancements as we work to arrive at a design we feel is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.

We do however feel that as of this point it is important that we issue a small preview of our coming projects in order to solidify to our investors and community that we are working continuously toward the future of the dCom project and wish for you all to judge for yourselves the professional direction we wish to carry this project into.

http://dc-altcoin.com/userdata/Media/StoreDesign_ListProduct.png

We would like to invite our community to offer their feedback on this preliminary design and assure them that their feedback will be taken to heart.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:42:06 PM

I don't have a crystal ball to look info the future, but I think we've regrouped from the disastrous launch and are ready to move forward. We will keep you posted as to how things are going when we have something tangible to share. The one thing we won't do is (pre)announce vaporware that we can't deliver on.

Honestly the launch was perfect.  Sold out IPO.  A kick ass wallet that worked from the start with little to no problems (none for me).  And a post IPO rise in price.  The disasterous part was a rougue ex-dev member and FUD that tried to destroy this coin. 

Our devs are here.......and available......and want the coin to succeed.

Thank you for noticing and pointing out that the launch itself was good and that we're still here. All of us are quite certain that the future for Digital Commerce will be bright; we are committed to giving it our best.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:47:29 PM

I'm reposting this because there was literally no reaction to this good piece of news; maybe people have missed it.

Basic design looks fine, nice and professional. Although I think there will be more interest once the site is running itself.

Can you talk about what merchants you have lined up? I asked this previously, but Bob was the one at the time who answered me, so am thinking perhaps there have been some changes. Are all of the planned merchants the same as before?

And does your team have ideas or plans on how to spur on sales in your marketplace vs. using another form of crypto somewhere else, or cash/credit cards on regular merchant sites? I guess I'm basically asking what will be the benefit to the consumer?

I think you are also planning an auction site too, or am I remembering wrong? Or will that all be incorporated into one big marketplace?
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:11:29 AM

Remember everyone....we get 1 free vote every hour.  Currently 33 (#346)
steady712

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:35:04 AM

Basic design looks fine, nice and professional. Although I think there will be more interest once the site is running itself.

Can you talk about what merchants you have lined up? I asked this previously, but Bob was the one at the time who answered me, so am thinking perhaps there have been some changes. Are all of the planned merchants the same as before?

And does your team have ideas or plans on how to spur on sales in your marketplace vs. using another form of crypto somewhere else, or cash/credit cards on regular merchant sites? I guess I'm basically asking what will be the benefit to the consumer?

I think you are also planning an auction site too, or am I remembering wrong? Or will that all be incorporated into one big marketplace?

+ 1 Please answer this questions  Grin
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:12:16 AM

Certainly. Like we said, this is just a preview to show that we are working on this thing.

To be frank, I don't know which vendors Bob had lined up. All I can tell you that the vendors we have announced are still with us and that we are already in preliminary discussions with a number of additional vendors and using to our industry contacts to reach even more vendors. Since building this site will take some time, by the time we launch, we should have quite a few vendors; our site will not be an empty ghosttown.

Yes we do. I don't want to elaborate on the details of this now, because it's a competitive marketplace and I don't want reveal our plans at this point in time. As for CreditCards, it may be an option to consider. This is all still very fresh and we're talking about this daily, improving and honing our vision of what needs to be done. And critical questions like yours help us do that so we very much appreciate your input.

At this point we are not planning an auction site. We may reconsider this stance at a later point in time though.
Efelts01

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:10:41 AM

You can now vote for new coins @ Poloniex, please go vote!
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:15:36 AM

Looks like Poloniex joined the bandwagon on voting, everyone please go to https://poloniex.com/voting and cast your vote for DCM please.
jinxin0826

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:21:57 AM

Looks interesting and i have voted.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QaHzjLb1VrMmxFgnqH7SkX5LSrJUKWTqHM
Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! your VwSwKDZiwDkip3VmYcBhX47mgSD4f6uy6A
arguelles84

Activity: 285

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:08:24 AM

Well this project looks interesting and different. Definitely extremely undervalued atm. Voting for 2 coins on mintpal so will vote every other hour.
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:18:04 AM

Well this project looks interesting and different. Definitely extremely undervalued atm. Voting for 2 coins on mintpal so will vote every other hour.

Thanks for stopping by and for voting on Mintpal!
emailtooaj

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 03:45:07 AM

The Merchant logo contest is over, I set aside some extra DCM just in case I liked more than one artists submission. In this case I liked all three entrants logos, please PM me your DCM addresses and I will send your prize money!

Thank you for participating, here are the winners:

Kahir https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=206086

Eggroller https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=339673

emailtooaj https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=308033

I've sent a PM.
Thank You again!

DRAhsGcGTv6qPRftSUuRLmLfwpjgWZSBXX

Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:04:50 AM

The Merchant logo contest is over, I set aside some extra DCM just in case I liked more than one artists submission. In this case I liked all three entrants logos, please PM me your DCM addresses and I will send your prize money!

Thank you for participating, here are the winners:

Kahir https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=206086

Eggroller https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=339673

emailtooaj https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=308033

I've sent a PM.
Thank You again!

DRAhsGcGTv6qPRftSUuRLmLfwpjgWZSBXX

Sent and thank you! Everyone please keep voting at mintpal and Poloniex! 

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

https://poloniex.com/voting
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:25:46 AM

One of our community members brought up a good point, we added public bounties to the OP!

We have purchased a fund of DCM to be used for development purposes

Translations: 300 DCM
Chinese (Done)
Write us if you are capabale of translating to other languages to establish the bounty, we will not accept simple translator app writeups.

Games: (Casino's/Dice) 500 DCM

Marketing/fanart images: 10-100 DCM (depending on quality)

First Faucet: 250 DCM

Articles: 350-800 DCM (Coin Blogs 350 large media 800)

Merchants and services: Variable 1-2000 DCM depending on site quality/services)

Wiki: 900 DCM

Mobile App: 1000 DCM
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: